Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Route to the Skewered Dragon:

Leaving the Yawning Portal, Volo waving to the group as they went, the group began to make their way further into the Dock Ward, they turn a corner and you find yourselves on a street that has been cordoned off by the City Watch. Lying on the cobblestones are a half-dozen corpses, seemingly the victims of some terrible skirmish. Watch officers have disarmed and arrested three blood-drenched humans and are in the midst of questioning witnesses. One of the officers sees you. "Get on," she says. "Nothing to see here."

Members of the City Watch question witnesses while waiting for wagons to haul off the living and the dead, and any who meet their eye get a cold stare in return. Being forced to move along, those of you familiar with the Dock Ward recognize tall, densely packed tenements that leave most of the neighborhood in shadow at ground level. Most of the streetlamps have had their glass smashed and their candles stolen, and the smells of salt air and excrement linger as you pass by rows of run-down buildings. On the corner of Zastrow Street and Fillet Lane however, one nearby shop stands out from the others. It has a deep purple facade, and in its window hangs a stuffed beholder. Above the door hangs a sign whose elaborate letters spell out "Old Xoblob Shop."

Seeing the other party members look at the shop, Fosco grunts quietly. It's surprisingly low-pitched for such a small person. "Can't see why we'd want to go in there. If ye need to buy something go ahead, but the owner is as likely to know about Floon as anyone else. For me, I'd keep on t'ward the Dragon."

Last edited:
"I'll wait outside with Fosco, I got everything I need," as Hokk rests his hand on his great sword. Seems like this town may be a little more rough and tumble than I thought. I'll make sure to keep my eyes open for any surprises.

"Hmm, I don't need anything, but in is probably more interesting than out." Garret heads into the shop after Wrecker and Fosco. City seems to have a death quota today. Better keep my eyes open.

Old Xoblob Shop:

A cloud of lavender-scented purple smoke trails out of the shop's door as you peer inside. Every wall is painted purple, and every dusty knickknack on the shelves is dyed a deep violet. The hairless old gnome sitting crosslegged on the counter wears plum-colored robes. His cheeks are decorated with nine purple face-painted eyes.

The gnome lowers a pipe and exhales a cloud of lavender smoke before raising a hand. "Hail and well met! Come browse the shelves of the most curious curiosity shop in the world!"

Scattered across his shelves are a collection of strange items:

• A sheet of parchment upon which is drawn a complex mechanical contraption, in purple ink
  • A set of bone pipes, wrapped in purple sinew
  • A dead sprite with purple clothing inside a clear glass bottle
  • A petrified mouse with a purple tail
  • A dead scarab beetle the size of a medium hand, purple shimmers along its carapace
  • A old key, painted purple
  • A mummified goblin hand with purple wrappings
  • A shard of obsidian withe purple paint splattered on it
  • A tiny purple icon of a raven
  • An enormous purple scale

If moving to reach towards any items the gnome calls out, "Ah! Ah! You touch it you buy it!"

Garret looks around the shelves, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. I don't know what any of this is, but... I kinda like it! He turns towards the owner. "I don't know how I've never been here before, but I like your style! How much for the little winged critter in the bottle?" His eyes scan the merchandise again. "Ooh, or the raven?"

Last edited:
Following in behind his companions, Fosco does a double take at the odd appearance of the shop. After Werner and Garrett's dealings are finished, he says "How much for that purple key? And have you heard anything about a man by the name of Floon Blagmaar?"

Hokk standing outside now alone decides to rest against the wall. Standing next to the door his head almost knocking against the sign. Seems a whole lot different from what I'm used to. Hopefully it's a new different, one that ends in a little more coin and a little less embarrassment. He brushes himself off after the scuffle and the dirt clearing reveals more detail in his tattooed torso. Hokk slightly laughs to himself as he feels his necklace and the memories brought up by each tattoo.

Old Xoblob Shop:

The gnome bowed in his seated position, "I am the owner, yes! Very astute of you lad!" He raised an eyebrow as Werner went down his list, taking a puff of his pipe with a smile, "Unfortunately I'm not quite that sort of shop. Merely curiosities I've collected or traded and wish to sell to their next owner!" He glanced towards Garret at his questions, smiling widely, "The bottled one is four dragons, the raven three."

With a nod he answered Fosco, "The key is five dragons-- so many doors on offer around the world, who knows what it might open!" Thinking for a moment, he replies, "Hmm ... I don't know a man by that name. What does he look like? Some customers don't wish to share names, but all the same I tell them to spread the name of Xoblob!"

Outside Xoblob's Shop:

As Hokk stands to attention outside the shop, his allies entering, Malrakir appears to step out, looking ill. If asked he mutters, "Something ... not sitting right in my gut ... think I'm just gonna go home."

While he watches Malrakir walk off, someone bumps into him -- a young woman ...

The woman, barely looking 20 has long, flowing golden blonde hair and her sky blue eyes appear to shine with a light of their own. Her skin is flawless, almost like marble. There's a certain, almost heavenly otherworldyness to her. "Oops I'm sorry, my thoughts must have wandered off... I've bumped into you, it must mean something! Oh, I know! There must be a connection! Do you know of someone called Floon?" She asks happily almost without skipping a beat from bumping into the half-orc. Contrarily to her beatiful features, she wears rather ragged clothes that she must have been wearing for quite a while. It's not exactly dirty, but it's been definitely battered by the elements for quite a while.

"Floon's a man of about thirty, with wavy reddish blond hair. 'E often wears...shall we say, a regal style of clothes. Haven't seem in a short while and ah'm jus' wondering if ye happen to have news." Fosco hands the gnome six dragons as he takes the key.

"There's an extra in there, for the help." In contrast with his generosity, Fosco gives an threatening look at the owner.

As Hokk looks at the sun trying to tell how much time has passed he hears the door open, Malrakir stumbles out shuffling off. "Feel better... Bye?" That wasn't weird or anything, healers man. "Uh Hi?" Just trying to mind my own business and all this happens... Jeeze.

"You have uh, quite the looks there" as Hokk blushes slightly not sure if to bow or not. Realising he was asked a question, "Do you know something about Floon? have you by any chance spoken to Volo? We are on our way to find Floon as well."

Garret looks contemplatively from the pixie to the raven icon and back again. "Hmm... hmm... ok! I'll take both!" He fishes seven golden coins from a pouch on his belt and places them on the counter in front of the gnome. He picks up his new treasures, one each hand, and continues to look at them one after the other. I bet these have a fine story to tell. He looks back up at the shopkeeper as he places the trinkets in his backpack. "Now, as for this Floon fellow my companions have described. You see, his mother is very ill and we're trying to find him so he can say goodbye. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated." Garret puts on his best forlorn face as he finishes the statement.

"Quite the looks you say? Should I take that as a compliment? Then that must mean there is at least one thing common in us" She says, giggling. "Volo... Volo? Oh yeah, you must mean that funny wizard with the moustache! Volothamp! Yes, he sent me. He sent you as well? Awesome, I knew it was no coinidence that I bumped into you."

Hokk gestures around to the run down area around them, "Let's keep it at it at least doesn't seem like you should be wandering around here alone. But yes it is a compliment," as Hokk smiles.

"Say, if you're looking for Floon and Volo sent you I guess it is a coincidence, it seems we uh... have an opening. If you wanted to travel with company. If so, my mates are inside this store if you needed anything?" Hokk looks down to his feet in confusion as a puff of purple smoke comes from the door. "Or if you'd prefer to wait out here there's some wall open to lean against," as he pats the wall. "Could tell me why it doesn't look like you have much to protect yourself there."

"...to protect myself?" She looks confused for a moment, having no idea what this person is getting at. "I haven't been attacked for quite a while, it seems like hitting young women is starting to go out of style. But if need be I believe I can protect myself just fine." She thinks for just a moment before adding "As peculiar as this shop looks I feel like I'll pass. I still have to get used to having money to spend..."

"Did you not pass the cleanup just a couple of blocks away? Seems like gang activity has been on the upswing and I'm sure Innocents have been caught in between."

Pausing for a moment in agreement, "Yeah, me either. First time I've had more than a dragon in coin. First time it's also not earned fighting either now that I think of it."

She thinks back to the grisly sight that she herself has passed as well and a hint of disgust passes her face for a moment. "Now that you mention it, that was quite the scary scene. But still, I couldn't make much use of armor even if I bought one. I hadn't had the proper training so it'd just get in the way."

"That's the truth there. I find it keeps me too stationary when in combat." Hokk looks up at the sun trying to figure out how long it's been then peers inside the store. "Excuse me one minute... Uhm I'm not sure I caught your name. I'm Hokk" he smiles as he opens the door to the shop putting his head inside.

"Are you guys still in here? I found someone looking for Floon as well. They might be able to help us out." Hokk then closes the door leaning back up against the wall.

Old Xoblob Shop:

Xoblob grinned at all the coin headed his direction and nodded, "Hmm ..." Taking a puff from his pipe, "I believe I saw someone like that the other day, walking with someone I almost thought was maybe a brother or something, both of them being well-dressed. I was returning to my shop after sneaking out to get some food when I saw them get jumped by some ruffian types." The gnome shuddered, "Rough looking fellows in black leather ... In all the flurry I think there were maybe five? One thing stuck out to me though ..." he took another puff from his pipe, before releasing the purple smoke into the air, taking on the shape of a winged snake, "One of them had that on their neck."

As the image faded into the air he glanced towards Garret, "Poor lad ... seems Tymora's not on his side lately, hm?"

Garret grimaced at the information. This just got a bit more complicated. "Nope, I'd say she's downright ignoring him. Thank you for the help and the baubles."

"There are others as well? My name is Sera. I'd say a bit more by way of introduction but I hate to repeat myself, which some find strange as they think I talk a lot. So if you're fine with it let's leave it at that until your friends come out as well, so I can introduce myself properly." She says without taking a single breath between those sentences.

"Hello! My name is Sera!" She says cheerfully, mockingly repeating the bow. "The more the merrier, right? I suppose there are others as well so let us wait for them to come out here before I'm saying any more. As I've said before, I hate to repeat myself." She continues, stressing the word "hate" in an exaggerating manner.

Garret leaves the shop to find Hokk with somebody new. "Never known a half-orc to make friends so easily- who's this, then, Hokk?" He takes a quick look around and makes a puzzled face. "Wait, where's the tiefling run off to?" He suddenly stops and squints suspiciously at the newcomer. "Or is this some kind of Tiefling trick?" He pokes the woman in the arm. "Is that you in there, demon-blood?" He let's out a hardy laugh. "I love this town."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back