Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gasps in disbelief at the notion of her being a called a demon-blood of all things, but she composes herself quickly. "Let's pretend I didn't hear that, shall we? In fact, you are close to the truth yet in a way, couldn't be farther from it. The name's Sera. I'll elaborate on my cryptic sentence just a bit alter. Unless is that all of you?"

Fosco's eyes widen at the glimpse of the Zhentarim symbol. Not realizing it, he tightens his dark hood just a little. He would rather the others not associate him with the event, although he knows nothing of it. The Zhentarim are highly secretive.

He says gruffly, "Thanks for the 'elp again. Pleasure doin' business."

As Fosco exits the shop, he finds his companions surrounding Sera. She sees a small halfling with tanned skin and dark brown hair with an odd streak of grey in it. He wears a dark cloak approaching black and its hood is up around his head, leaving just enough light to make out his face. He says "Got a new friend, 'ave we? Name's Fosco." He is looking around the street while introducing himself, as if his attention is not entirely on the people in front of him.

Last edited:
"Nice to meet you, name's Sera. Is that all of you yet?" She says the second sentence in a decidedly bored tone. "I'd love to you all more about myself, but as I've said before - twice in fact - I don't like repeating myself. So I'd rather wait in awkward silence for everyone that matters gets out here."

After a quick perusal of the store, Wrecker decides to come back sometime, but for now, there was a Floon to find. He exits the shop, following his companions.

"I have a feeling that that is all of you, and my feelings often come true. So, as I've told all of you before, my name is Sera, however, I don't like most people who call me by that name. Not saying I don't like anyone who calls me Sera but you get my point. Most people call me Goldilocks, for my..." She grabs a strand of her golden blonde hair and shrugs "Well it's quite obvious, isn't it. As you all do, I am looking for this Floon fellow as well but I was just a bit late from the Yawning Portal. I still caught that funny wizard figure though and he set me on the right path..." She thinks for a moment what else could she say then continues. "If you want to ask yourselves the question what use will I be to your group, I'll answer it for you. Well for starters, I know the streets quite well, I had to live on them after the church tossed me out..." Her voice seems to trail off the bit here, but she continues. "More importantly, I'm a sorcerer of sorts, but the extent of my abilities don't stop at the arcane, they also stretch over to the divine. I'm told it is because of my partly celestial blood, but I don't claim to understand these things... Well now, with that said, I hope this is the beginning of a great friendship between us!" Finally, she's done talking!

"Nice ta meet ya. Name's Wreckah to these lot. Ah may not have much in tha way a' magic, but me and mah hammer'll be the first inta the fight, and last out." He sticks out a hand to shake.

Sera hesitates for a moment to shake the hand extended towards her. The others didn't shake hands... Not that I mind, but does this mean I'll have to shake hands with everyone? It's weird... However, after a few moments she decides to go along with it and shakes his hand, forcing a smile over her slight confusion. "So uhm... shall we head out?" She asks to break the tension which only ever existed in her own head.

"Glad to have ya with us, Goldy, and yes we should probably continue on. We're headed to the Skewered Dragon." He looks around at the group and licks his lips. "Pints to drink, patrons to interrogate, so on and so forth." Lost one and gained one, maybe Tymora smiles on us today. He grins broadly at the new member, "I hope you don't mind mingling with a rougher class of people. The Dragon has some...personality."

The Skewered Dragon:

Not far at all from the Xoblob Shop, the party approaches the Skewered Dragon, which looks like a ruin. Both of its front-facing windows are smashed, and a ship's anchor is lodged in the roof. Through the windows, you can see a group of haggard patrons drinking from huge tankards.

As you all enter, the owner nods his head in acknowledgement,
"Lotta ya, eh? Lemme know what'cha need, an' don't start nothin' an' we'll get along great."

Fosco gives a small smile at the battered and dirty look of the tavern. Now this is my kind of place, he thinks.

"We're lookin' for a man passed through 'ere but a coupla nights ago. A man around 30, with red-blond hair. Goes by Floon Blagmaar. A bit full of 'imself by the way he dresses. Haven't seem since and ah'm jus' wondering if ye know where he went after here."

The Skewered Dragon:

A few of the other patrons were gathered around a table playing a slow game of poker when one spoke up, "So that's what that fancy dressed one was named? Bloody hells, name sure matched his outfit, dinnit!" The group laugh before the same one speaks up again, "Ah ... that bugger came 'round yeah. Traded one drinking partner for another, fer ah ... the Neverember brat. Ranaer?" He asks a fellow player who shrugs, while another merely scowls. "Son of the old Open Lord, Dagult Neverember ... Chip off the old block, that one!" sneers one patron. "Just another spoiled, rich noble who likes to rub our noses in it!" says another.

The bartender nods, "Aye. Either way, I remember 'im, mostly for his dress, if'm honest. Did a few rounds of three-dragon ante, then both of em' buggered off around midnight." He begins cleaning out some mugs, "Five blokes I dinnit recognize I think followed 'em out, but after that ... eh, dunno. Ain't seen either the men nor the youngins since."

One of the players spoke up again, "Seem 'em hangin' around Candle Lane ... not a place ya wanna be, specially not with th' snake symbol so open on the buildings 'round there."

"Five people followed them out? That can't be a good sign, especially not with someone as valuable as the son of a former open lord." Says Goldie with a worried look. "Should we go look for them? Nah, that can wait! We should spend some money here first. Something sweet and fruity please, that still has a kick!"

Garret looks at the golden-haired woman and smiles wide. "I like your style, and it would be rude not to have a pint with these helpful patrons. An ale for me barkeep! And no need for anything fancy."

"Well now don't sound so grim! Either way, if they are still being tortured these few minutes won't really change anything..." Says Sera with a smirk.

The Skewered Dragon:

The bartender nodded, "Cider for the lass then, ale for the lil' bloke, onna the green ones too ..." he started pouring drinks looking over the rest, waiting for their orders too. Setting the drinks down, "Cider'll be two nibs, the ales are four nibs each."

"Aye, I'll have an ale as well" as Hokk tosses his coins on the table. He turns to eye the poker game. Shame people would waste coin playing such games, but I guess it's the same concept as people betting on fights back home.

Turning to his head to his companions, "Do any of you have a stance on these snake fellers? From the little I've seen seems they're about the same as Xanathar's. Didn't know I was coming into the land of chaos here" as he chuckles, "So it sounds like a perfect fit."

Getting a gnome-sized ale to drink, Fosco sits down with his hood up. This is a good opportunity to watch and listen in on the activities on the darker side of the city - one of his favorite pastimes.

The Skewered Dragon:

Nodding again as he set more drinks out, calling out for nibs at each poured mug, the man left you all to your drinks, however long they took.

After some time, Garret takes a long sip from his beverage. "Alright new friends," Garret sets down his now empty cup. "We've done our drinking diligence. I suppose we should look for this odd Floon fellow in earnest. The Zhentarim are nothing to play around with and I assume our deep-pocketed sponsor would prefer the fancy lad alive. Maybe even unharmed if the stars have happened to align." He says this with a chuckle but seemingly little confidence. He stands up and brushes off his cloths, taking a quick pat-down inventory of his things. Can't be too sure in the dock ward. "Of course, I would never rush anyone in a tavern, so whenever you all are ready."

Sera finishes her cider and places four nibs on the counter. "Let's save this Floon fellow then, like heroes would do. That's what we are now, right?" She says cheerfully.

Hokk chuckles as he finishes his ale, "Yeah heroes... I feel like to be a hero you should be saving someone good. Floon seems like he's created his own trouble by being a nuisance to those in his path. But for a price anyone can be saved I suppose." Hokk putting his change in his coin purse.

Candle Lane:

Eventually leaving the Skewered Dragon and paying your tabs, you all continue back down the street you came from, passing once more by Xoblob's shop. Turning a corner you're pretty sure you've arrived: gloom envelops a narrow alley as dark as a dungeon-and as odorous as one, too. Nearly all the streetlamps have been smashed. The only light that pierces the darkness is a faint flickering from down the lane, like a distant candle.

"Did you happen to see a welcome mat in front of that warehouse?" Garret asks sarcastically with a chuckle. His face returns to serious. "If we go in there we had better be ready for a fight." He pulls out his shortbow. "I'm ready if you all are."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back