Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trades Ward | Fellowship of Innkeepers:

Heading towards where Meno had told him, Werner finds himself approaching a large structure that seems somehow busier than the other places on this street, and pushing inside is immediately greeted by a half-orc man dressed as a waiter, "Hail! Oh, a fellow half-orc, nice t'meet'cha. Welcome to the Innkeeper's guild, what can I get for ya?"

Trades Ward | Brewer's Guild:

The woman waved off to another to take her place as she led the trio into the brewer's guild building proper -- the smell of wooden casks and kegs, wine sitting to age, whiskey in barrels, and a few open kegs being taste tested by some focused looking people, a mix of many races and genders worked back and forth in this building. The heady scent of alcohol makes a few of you slightly dizzy as it's so strong, but hardly anyone else seems to react to it. Continuing to lead, she brings the group to a back room where she knocks, pauses a moment, then enters and you all see a slightly crazed looking gnome, eyes wide and apron covered in spills. Alchemical tools are scattered around the room, beakers and vials with various colored liquids within.

Hands raised as she approaches, "Ease up, Gunni. Brought some people interested in yer latest work. They want something 'interesting' and figured you were the one to bring them to."

Studying the gnome closer, it clicks that his wide eyes are more from his lenses than anything physical as he takes them off and cleans them with his muddled apron, "Oh, do they now, Lura, do they now ... I got just the thing!" With a raised finger of excitement he jumped around the room, combining a few vials and beakers before finally offering what looks to be a clear liquid with a wry grin. "Try it -- see what you think!"

Garret's eyes go wide at the scene of the room and its occupant, as a giant smile creeps across his face. He rubs his hands together excitedly. "Gunni, is it? I suspect you are just the fellow I was looking for." He turns to Hokk, grinning at the half-orc and giving him the slightest of head bows. "After you, my hardy friend."

Hokk nods at Garret taking the vial Boeing his head in thanks. He smells it, swirls it around, and finally downs the whole thing. He then pats his chest and smiles as he gives the vial back.

Looking down he sees the vial just floating but he thinks he has it. "That doesn't taste like a drink, wait, what kinda drink is this? Am I the only one not seeing me?"

Trades Ward | Fellowship of Innkeepers:

"Oh wow, Trollskull Manor? I thought that place burned down or somethin', yanno? It gets mentioned sometimes in our lessons..."
the half-orc trailed off for a moment before realizing Werner had said more after. "Oh permits, yeah -- right." Motioning for the mage to follow him, a few others looked ready to approach Werner with a friendly smile only to notice his guide and turn away, looking for the next person to enter.

"Don't mind 'em, we're all tryin' to prove we have what it takes to work in taverns an' inns 'round here. Can be a pretty good job yanno -- get in good somewhere, nice an' safe, an' adventurers tend to drop a lotta dragons when they get drunk." He grinned. "Anyway, name's Vone, maybe if you lot get set up, I can work for ya, eh?" Vone laughed, "All 'bout the networkin' round here." Moving into what looked more like small studies and offices towards the back of the guild, Vone entered one and dug around a desk for a little bit before presenting a page to Werner.

"I warn ya, it's a bit pricey, but it's cuz the guild doesn't want jus' anyone settin' up a tavern since it comes back on them if it turns into a pisspot." Offering the paper to Werner, he could read along the top where it stated TAVERN/INN LICENSE & REGISTRATION in bold print, with expectations and requirements listed below, with spots for signatures down at the bottom. "Hundred dragons for the guild t'officially list your place and not demand it be closed down fer not following guild laws." He paused, "Well, I mean if an inspector goes and finds yer serving rats in the stew and didn't get 'em officially, that's still a reason for bein' shut down. But bein' on the official lists means we'll also advertise for your place and servers like me," Vone pointed to himself with a toothy grin, "can be hired a lil' cheaper since it could be treated like an apprenticeship for the guild! An' if we like each other enough, maybe ya hire me for real and I stick around."

Gunni clapped his hands happily, "Oooh it works, oooooh it works! Yes!" He turned to Lura, "And you thought it wouldn't! It was just a trick!"

Lura sighed, leaning against the door frame, "I know Gunni, I should have known better. But at the same time, your last concoction ended up just being a drinkable polymorph and we still have no idea where that person ended up when it faded."

Hokk confused looked around, "So is being transparent a big sell around here? Can ya mix it with anything? I'm not sure if the people will just be buying drinks to become less of themselves." Scratching his head he nodded confused as to what people with money did, as he just liked a regular ale for a regular price.

"Anyways, what's the cost to have ya come check out the cellar and then maybe get a barrel of ale or two?" Sticking to the things he semi knew about Hokk knew this wouldn't be free so best to set a goal of what is needed to set aside.

Garret stares, mouth agape, at the semi-visible half-orc then turns to smile at the excited gnome. "Gunni, looks like you've got some potent stuff there. Two questions." The halfling scratches his chin as he chooses his words. "One, I hope you have one hell of a name for this stuff. And two..." He squints at his companion, trying to judge the effect of the concoction, "while the party trick is definitely a fun gimmick, it'll still get the masses properly sloshed, right?"

Hmm, I hope there's no... side effects. Garret looks up, "Hokk, how you feelin'?"

Hokk shakes his head a little, "feels like a drink, but not one I've ever had before. Maybe I should take a seat." Walking over to a chair he accidentally throws it against the wall while pulling it out. Turning his head back at the group with a grin.

"Sorry 'bout that, maybe I'll just sit on the table." As he proceeds to hop and slam his butt with a loud thud. The table creeks barely managing to stay together as he gives a slight grimace from the impact.

Fosco, who has been quietly following and listening, sends a whispered Message into Hokk's ear. "Don't much care for all the talkin'. If ye need to get a better price I'm the one to do it. Otherwise I'll stick to the shadows."

Garret watches wide-eyed at his companions new-found clumsiness. Interesting, but do we want something that makes the patrons MORE likely to destroy the place? He looks over at the gnome, "Gunni, I like your style. Got anything else?"

Garret listens to Werner as he shares the information he found. "Excellent! That will give us an idea of what we need to start, at least. A hundred gold is steep, but I think up and running we can recoup that pretty easy. Time to do some work!" He gives a little nod to Werner in appreciation.

Gunni nodded eagerly, "Do I! Do I!" Giggling as he went, the small gnome skipped around the lab, pouring here, mixing there, dropping various things into another mug until he eventually brought over a wooden mug -- yet he used tongs to carry it. "This one's called Frost Mead -- good for a hot summer!" He grinned as he held it out for someone to take, wisps of cold air emanating from the top of the drink, and the sparkle of ice covering the outside.

Hokk turns to look at his friends, "Can't get any worse I suppose." With a quizzical look he grabs the cup, knocking the tongs across the room in the process, and Hokk drinks the concoction.

Coughing a slight frost comes out, "This one is a little chilly." As he finishes his sentence a plume of frost comes out next to him, and as is dissipates he sees Gunni's eyebrows with some frost in them. He gives a innocent smile trying to apologize without causing any more harm.

A frown flashes across Garret's face as Werner speaks, but is quickly replaced with its usual smile as he looks at Gunni. "Admittedly, as we discussed with your female associate, we are not quite in a position to actually purchase the brew today, but Gunni..." His smile stretches ever wider, "This brew is awesome! You keep making this stuff or stuff like it, and you'll be the hero of Trollskull Manor!" He pats Hokk on the back and lets out a small chuckle. "My associates here and I do have to return to our construction project, but we appreciate the demonstration and we shall be back."

He gives Lura and Gunni a slight bow each and gives a little nod to Hokk and Goldy. "Shall we return to our new home?"

Goldy could barely contain herself at the sight of Hokk launching things around, but she managed to calm her cheerful laughter down enough to answer Garret. "If you don't think there's anything else, we can go back." After a bit of thinking, she adds "I don't know where have you been and what exactly do we need, but in any case, I'm sure we ourselves can still bang the manor into a better shape!"

Finishing the sentence, she turns towards the exit, ready to head out but waiting on her companions' final say.

Last edited:
Hokk nods and smiles in appreciation fearing to talk and let out any more cold air. He moves to shake both of their hands and sets out with the group. A little stumble here and there but he maintains himself until he feels the effects subside.

"That was quite the experience, they have some odd brews here. We should earn some more money so we can fix up the tavern and actually purchase some guild work."

Garret scratches his chin contemplatively. "Cranky cave monk, eh?" He does a quick inspection of himself and looks at the group. "Well, shall we go? Werner, good luck on your studies." He gives a little nod to Werner and heads for the door.

Hokk not having climbed many mountains moves fast as it's another challenge to conquer. "Come on guys! It's just walking, how bad can it be?" As the hours pass upon getting to the summit Hokk falls flat on his back breathing heavy, letting the ground cool him.

After a couple of minutes Hokk sits up resting his left arm on his knee. "Didn't think it would be this much of a challenge, but I could always use some training. I might be better off starting tomorrow though," as he smiles innocently before laying back down.

Garret looks at his tired companions and then has a seat by the fire. "Thank you for the hospitality, the climb was a bit more than we expected." He stretches a bit, yawning as he does so, but collects himself and looks at the old man. "We don't want to waste your time, we were sent to ask you about threats to the city, if you're aware of any." He glances back towards the cave entrance and turns back to the monk, smiling. "I bet you can see just about anything that's coming from up here."

Hokk looks, impressed with the words as he lets them sink in, "I got my ways of making the burning go away." As he crosses his arms smiling.

After a brief pause, "and I'd prefer to take the same way down. Maybe I'll get better at it." Giving a look of determination seeing if he at all impressed Hlam, if not with guts, with his naivety.

Goldy was practically incapacitated with exhaustion by the end of the trip. She was used for walking a lot, sure. But traversing the city's streets and hiking a mountain, two largely different things. She couldn't really add anything during the whole conversation, she couldn't catch her breath, let alone talk. In spite of this, she tried her best to commit the monk's message to her mind.

Still panting heavily, she tried her best to get a few words out. "I... would rather... follow... the goats' trail. I'm sure... they've figured out... the easiest routes around here." She finally takes a few deep breaths and composes herself, enough to continue speaking normally, albeit in a much weaker voice than what is usual of her. "After all, they've had time. You are free to go whichever way you'd like, though!"

Listening to Goldu, Hokk nods, "I suppose I should come with everyone else, after all, I would up just tiring myself out getting up here."

Fosco nods, trying his best to stand straight and hide his fatigue. "Aye, I think we best take the goat trail. For the sake of Goldy."

"To this day, I still don't know how all those weasels ended up loose on those docks." Garret smirks at the half-elf ghost. "But when I go to Neverwinter, I make sure not to draw attention to myself."

Garret leans back in his chair, resting only a moment before an impossibly loud noise erupts from outside. Springing up, he glances at Lif before heading to the window and espying the utter chaos in the street below. Not good.

Garret hurries down the stairs to the main room and out the front door, hoping nobody is seriously injured and looking to help if he can.

Hokk just starting to doze off after a hard mornings work he rolls over to get comfortable. With an explosion erupting and the sound of splintering wood, Hokk leaps up from his slumber grabbing his sword. "Shi... Werner was that you?"

Running downstairs he looks around following Garret outside, looking around for any injured.

Fosco jumps at the shocking noise and swears instinctually. "Blithering sheepfuckers!"

Sparing only a glance to see if anyone was offended by his habitual outburst, Fosco wastes no time casting mage armor on himself, preparing for the worst outside, and dashing through the door.

Goldy was alone in her room, still trying to piece together something that happened last week. Then, she hears the explosion. In that instant, she casts Mage Armor on herself as she begins rushing down the stairs. Once she caught up to her friends, she shouts out. "I swear that wasn't me! For real, this time!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back