Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hokk yawns as he awakens and gathers with the group. "Yeah, I agree. I think we need to hold some sort of standing in this city. I've never really owned that much, but I'd like to take pride in things I do." Hokk grunting in self-approval from his statement.

Looking to Lif, "I know you mentioned the issues with this place, but should we still have someone come give us a full detailed list? I'm not really knowledgeable in a lot of these things." Hokk smiles as he puts his hand on the back of his head.

Trollskull Manor:

The specter started to frown as it sounded like everyone would be out of the building during the day, but happily turned towards Hokk. "Oh definitely -- who knows what Waterdeep requires these days? I knew how to run a bar an' cook, but I can only really point out obvious holes or rot in the structure."

Slow to fully wake up, Garret perks up at the sound of his name. He holds up a finger to Goldy. "One sec!" He runs up the stairs and, after a minute or so, comes bounding back down the stairs, pumpkin under arm. He hands the gourd to Goldy, smile beaming. "I'll miss my new bunk mate, but here ya go."

His smile wanes slightly as he turns towards Werner and Hokk. "I agree about talking to the guilds about repair. Perhaps the gold from yesterday's farm dealings could be the first coin to go towards the task?" He sighs contentedly and looks around the dilapidated tavern. "She's no ship but I'm excited to see her up and running again."

"Thank you, Garret! I hope this'll be enough proof for them." She takes the gourd happily. "Also, I am not in need of much spending money right now. So, I agree, let's spend it on getting this business started!" She then continues, saying "In either case, I should really check in with the Enclave. Don't worry, I'll be back before you can say Oh no! Where did she go again? We'll be lost in this city without her!" Without waiting for anyone's response, she darts out the door with gourd in hand.

Hokk stands as well, "suppose we should all start heading out." as he sees the others go out of the house he skitters behind. "Uh.. maybe I should go with someone, I'm not the best at navigating around here." Smiling innocently.

Garret looks at Hokk. "Let's go with Werner, maybe the more of us working on this guild business the more we can get done." He straightens out his clothes and heads for the door.

Emerald Enclave:

A native to Waterdeep, Goldy takes little time finding her way back to the Emerald Enclave with her trophy, and arrives back at the gardens. Once more Melannor is tending to the plants and herbs, glancing up briefly at her approach. He asks simply, "Is it sorted?"

Trades Ward:

Werner, Hokk, and Garret are definitely an interesting trio, catching a few eyes here and there as they travel, eventually winding their way into the trade ward. Shouts from shops constantly fill the air and the trio often find themselves approached by eager salesmen, attempting to persuade them that they need this iron skillet, or a new robe, promising to solve their every need -- somehow.

Standing in the open plaza, large guild halls line the street, a few buildings quite obvious in their trade -- the House of Light with its mound of wax outside and hundreds of wicks burning, releasing a mix of scents into the air -- the hall of Brewers with sampling tables set outside and large casks advertising some new concoction.

Trollskull Manor:

While Fosco begins to figure out his intended plan for the day, and having sent a message back to the Harpers that morning, Lif approaches, pointing upwards, "Er ... I think something came for you? It flew it one of the broken windows and landed on the floor. I'd have brought it ... but," he gestured towards himself.

If the sorcerer moved to investigate, he would find a paper note with two Moons tucked into a fold. It read: "Good work, Yagra is known, and sun elves are hard to ignore. Will send another note when have another job. If find more information, write on back of this letter."

Sera turns to Mellanor in her usual cheery mannerism. "Yes! They are gone! Let's just hope they stay gone! Can I keep this head? One of my friends grew kinda attached to it! Thank Sune, not literally!" She lets out a short giggle at her stupid joke.

Garret hesitates at the sight of the Brewer's hall. "All right, fellas, a proposal." He smiles up at his two orc companions. "I know our first priority is fixing the place..." He licks his lips. "But the brewer's hall is. Right. Here. Perhaps a few samples for future planning purposes?" He puts on his best serious face, barely masking his excitement. "As I understand it, you simply cannot succeed in business without knowing the current popular trends."

Hokk mesmerized by all of the people can't help but looking here and there. Seeing Werner remain focused Hokk tried his best to do the same giving a Stern look which would hopefully deter people.

Seeing the Brewer's hall he couldn't help but find himself mouth wide open drooling slightly. Barely listening to Werner until he heard split up, to which Hokk quickly nodded in agreement. He starts walking towards the Brewers Hall turning with his arms open and states, "well they do say Half-orc's do have the most refined palette for drinking."

Emerald Enclave:

Chuckling faintly, Melannor nodded at Goldy's question, "Sure -- long as it doesn't come alive or something." Reaching into his basket he retrieved a moon, offering it out for the young woman to take, "A token of our gratitude. Did you notice anything interesting with the strange creatures?"

Trades Ward | Carpenter's Guild:

Stepping into the guild hall there's an unmistakable scent of cut wood and staining through the building, sawdust covering every flat surface and it's almost a struggle not to sneeze from all the powder in the air. Werner can hear multiple saws and sounds of carving, muted discussion of wood grains and structure types until eventually a Tiefling approaches him, their tail catching his eye as they have it almost curled around their waist, and their horns look worn down where they seem to point upwards. With a toothy smile they speak: "Greetings! I'm guildmember Meno Gerey of the Carpenter's -- forgive me saying so, but ya look a little out of place," Meno clasped his hands infront of him, "What can I do for you this day?"

Trades Ward | Brewer's Guild:

Garret and Hokk eagerly work their way across the plaza to the Brewer's guild, approaching the pseudo-bartop set out for passers to take samples, a few people hovering nearby discussing with the two bartenders while one busies with handing out the small cups, almost constantly seeming to do a small spell on the mugs handed back.

At their approach the woman smiles at them -- a human -- and leans forward to see Garret as well, "Hello! A good morning to you both -- we've got a few new brews and drinks to offer for discerning customers and those knowledgeable of the cask! Among our fine offerings, we have a drink called the Buried Treasure, a hard liquour with a hard candy base, Hymvaren's Luck, a bright crisp beer, and Salty Dog Ale, a dark brew served with a sea snail's shell for good luck!" She grinned, "What can I offer ya first?"

Goldy is lost in thought for a moment. "Once we beat them up, they became ordinary scarecrows. I wonder if this means the farmers will have to build new ones... Anyway, one of my friends said they might have been possessed by evil and restless spirits, but that's about all we know."

Turning back around to face the Brewer's guild Hokk tried to rush over but not seem too anxious. Seeing them cast magic on the cups he thinks, Maybe I would've gotten more into it had I known it could do something this useful.

Approaching the counter he listens intently and immediately says, "Salty Dog for me please!" With a wide grin he puts it down in one sip, as he puts the cup down he crunches on the shell.

Garret mirrors the bartender's smile. "Ma'am, this seems a high-quality establishment and I am sure all three of the beverages reflect that quality. In fact, I'm quite happy to sample all of them." He lets out a light chuckle, his smile waning a bit but his face no less friendly. "But me and my associate here are going the be opening THE premier drinking establishment in this fine city and we need something that will get the town talking." He glances around and hushes his tone a bit, as if sharing a secret. "Perhaps you master crafters have something you're working on..." He briefly looks beyond the woman to the hall behind, "That's a little more...special? Something maybe even a little... experimental?"

Emerald Enclave:

"I assume they'll need new scarecrows, but hopefully the new ones don't get possessed,"
Melannor answered simply. "It's concerning it happened ... and what methods it might have been done by. I'll spread word, see if anyone else has heard of such things." He moved along to another set of flowers, "Do you have any questions for me?"

Meno's eyes widened, "Trollskull Manor? That bundle of sticks? I mean -- at one point it was a very promising place but ..." the tiefling waved a hand, "Time has definitely not been kind to it, since the last owner died. Well, last proper owner I suppose, poor place has traded more hands than beermug." He chuckled to himself. "I don't know much about permits, there's a guild just for tavern and inn owners, I expect they'd be who to talk to, but if you want repairs done, we're the place. Could send out someone to do an inspection, get a rough estimate? We ask a small fee of one dragon to help pay for his time away from the guild, if you're interested."

Prepaying a mug for Hokk the woman winced slightly as she heard him crunch down on the shell, at first seeming to try and stop him but giving up in the face of the happy half-orc. Clearing her throat she looked down at Garret, her business smile returning, "Oh? Do you have proof of such plans? Many try to get through the doors of the Brewery, claiming to be coast-renowned tasters only for their true desire to sample aged casks and welcome a boozy bliss."

Goldy thinks for a moment if she has anything to ask, and then for another moment if she can ask something witty, but she can't come up with anything.

"No, not really. Thank you for this opportunity to help out! I think I should find my friends now, let's hope they didn't get lost in the city yet!" She says cheerily, starting to head out but keeping an eye on Melannor if he wants to say something more. She puts the Moon away in her pocket.

Fosco goes around town, doing some light gambling and drinking - spending time in the seediest and dirtiest establishments he can find. He listens to conversations, sometimes adds a few words, just to push the talker toward a certain topic. There's been so much to hear about...

However, as with any decent investigation, he comes away with more questions than answers. Why did Yagra mention Davil? What are the Xanathars after? How does a man steal half a million dragons? How does anyone even HAVE half a million dragons? What is this beautiful little beer I'm drinking? The classic questions of a master sleuth.

After his work has been done, he heads toward the Trades Guild. They'll probably be needing my hard-earned money, he grumbles.

Garret is quiet a few moments as he nods in acknowledgement of the woman's words. "I can understand that concern, but I assure you we are no swindlers." He gives the woman a short, respectful bow. "I am Garret, and along with my associate Hokk here we are two of the investors readying the grand reopening of Trollskull Manor. Admittedly, we need just a little more time to get her customer ready, but that's no reason not to meet the right suppliers now."

His face scrunches for a moment as he thinks about his next words. "Also, I want to be clear ma'am. I'm not looking for your expensive product. Any idiot can sell snobby booze to snobby people. I'm looking for something unique." He lets the word ooze out of his mouth and hang in the silence for a moment. "Now, surely, in a hall this fine in a city this large, you have some barely tolerated mad alchemist back there cooking up something no fool has been brave enough to give space to."

He grins his biggest grin and spreads his arms in spectacular flourish. "Well, I'm the fool you've been looking for."

Hokk gives a straight face, not sure whether to be angry or impressed they've caught him. Adding to Garret's response, "I'll test it out if you've got it too. If I can handle it we should be able to get some people to give it a try! And the Brew was mighty tasty, the shell adds a nice flavor," as he begins to smile and some shell fragments showing on his teeth.

Not knowing the business side of things he whispers to Garret, "do ya think we have to get the cellar inspected at all? Don't want to spoil the ales."

Garret whispers back, "oh, probably. Everything in this town needs inspecting. But, I say we don't let thoughts of boring guild visits spoil the only fun one." He smiles at his tall companion before returning his gaze to the human.

Emerald Enclave:

Melannor merely waves as the young sorceress skips away out of the garden.

Digging around a desk for a form, Meno wrote down a few details before taking the dragon and offered out the parchment for Werner to make a mark on. "You'll have a copy as well -- to show the visit is legitimate. The inspector will arrive with the guild's copy so you can check they match and they're not a fraud." While waiting for the half-orc to sign, the Tiefling began giving instructions on how to find the other guild, "They're just down the street -- they look like a tavern themselves, but it's 'cuz they train bartenders and waiters for service there, and like how to clean up after guests."

Fosco heads towards the trades-ward, and it does not take long for him to catch sight of some familiar folks sitting at the Brewer's Guild.

The woman studied Garret, looking surprised, "Trollskull? You're trying to get that place going again?" She laughed, "That'll be interesting to see ... might have to stop by myself if that's the case." Listening to Garret she became thoughtful until her gaze moved towards Hokk and she winced, "You ... weren't supposed to eat the shell. Just use it for flavor."

Tapping the counter she continued, "Hm, I might have a few questionable things on offer, assuming they weren't thrown out for being hazards."

Heading out, Goldy thinks it best to catch up with his friends. However, somewhere along the way, she feels something move in a pocket of her jacket. "What could it be?" She thinks to herself as she reaches in. As her fingers touch something small and soft-furred, the realisation hits her like a truck.
(She hears a voice in her head, asking "What is even a truck? ")

"Squeeks! Oh no, I completely forgot about you!" She says, taking the small mouse out of her pocket and feeding it some crumbs from her rations. "I'm sorry! Don't be mad at me! How did you even survive? Such a brave little mouse!" She asks, of course not waiting for an answer while continuing to pet the poor little rodent. When it has finished eating, she decides to put it on her shoulder instead of back in her pocket, for now at least.

Finally arriving at the Trade Ward, where she is bound to bump into them. As she is thinking where might they be, she figures she should head to the Brewer's guild. If they aren't there, they have either been there already or are going to be there soon enough. She puts Squeeks away again though, just for good measure so they won't freak out at the guild for a rodent.

Sure enough, she finds them there. "Guys! I knew I'd find you here! How are things going?" She asks loudly, announcing her presence to everyone nearby.

Garrets face lights up at the brewer's words. "Excellent! My associate and I would love to try whatever you can find." He reaches up to give Hokk a pat on the back as he says it.

Spinning around to the sound of the loud voice, Garrets smile does not wane. "Goldy! You're just in time. We may be in store for something..." He bobs his head slightly at the makeshift bar, "Interesting."

"Ooh, sounds fun! What is it?" She chirps happily. She then adds "Know what? Don't tell me! I like surprises!" She waits in anticipation for whatever they have in store for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back