• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy WarTorn ~ Vol. 1 The resistance

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
the_king___advanced_by_bogdan_mrk-d7hh5kh.jpg
Welcome to the realm of Parasin, one of the most magically charged universes in all of existence. Despite the kingdoms being unified under the banner of the Godking Seto the past 400 years have been a nonstop battle between the forces of the Godking, and the Rebels who claim this king to be a transdimensional Tyrant with no legitemate claim to the throne. Meanwhile the god king claims them to be fanatical terrorists. To make matters worse reality warping artifacts of unparalleled power called the genesis seeds have been weaponized, producing warriors with power rivaling even gods. Yet beyond the edge of the dimension a bigger threat slowly forces itself into the realm with none being the wiser. To make matters even worse 4 of the 6 genesis seeds are no longer in the dimension causing the realm to groan and generate Devastating supernatural disasters called Razes. With all this chaos and death happening in mass around the world many think the end of the realm is near. However the latest rebel recruits step into this hellish life of war filled with the hope that their generation will be the one to not only end the war, but the Razes as well. The question is if their hope is strong enough...

(Hi guys this is a dark and gritty RP where we will all be playing the roles of the Rebel forces who have resisted Godking seto for the past 400+ years. It is jam packed with action, adventure, mystery, tragedy, comedy, but most of all Magic. So a few things to cover first.

Playable races are Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, & Wood Elves. (High elves are extinct and the other variations do not exist.)

Demons, Angels, Gods, and all of their offspring are off limits...but dont fret. One can still use their otherworldly powers by studying the schools of Infernal (demons), Celestial (Angels), and Divine (gods) magic to channel their power into your character.

Cannons and crude rifles/pistols do exist, but are new enough that bows, crossbows, swords etc, are still effective and widely used weapons. Seto's army has the vast majority of powder weapons.

Magic is an awesome force in this world which originates from something called the mana stream. When a person dies their soul is converted into mana and joins up with all the others who have died in this mana stream. Magic users can pull energy from this stream and channel it into spells. This process of converting the mana into magic is a temporary one in most cases after the spell is done the mana returns to the stream. If a person pulls more mana into their body to cast a spell than their body can handle one of 3 outcomes occurs. 1st they start to take huge amounts of physical damage. 2nd their soul is pulled out with the mana resulting in their inability to ever use magic again. 3rd is the most severe as it causes the person to straight up explode. So dont think you are gonna be unleashing army busting spells all willy nilly, magic has a cost.

Only 2 beings currently possess genesis seeds. Godking Seto has one. And the new rebel leader Tulio has the other. The other 4 have very recently left the dimension 3 of them are infused within 3 of Seto's greatest warriors who have claimed the lives of some of the best and brightest the rebellion has to offer. The 4th one is within the young Prince Toni who actually fled the dimension spurring the 3 warriors to go after him. The rebellion responded by sending their mightiest warrior Atticus after the 3 to go find the Prince.

In the distant parts of the realm there exists 4 beings called the Yokai. They are hands down the most powerful beings in this story, able to best gods and even reverse Razes. I am allowing 2 characters to create protege's of these beings but you must PM me as only 2 are availible and most believe them to be a myth. As such they are relatively unknown by all others save for those who have met them.

If you have any questions please let me know. I will try to have the threads up in short order but the amount of interest heavily influences the speed this will be done with.

I have 4 volumes planned out for this story and hopefully it will be a year long RP. Heres hoping you enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Interested as well! Just one question: What exactly are the Yokai? Like, standard Japanese definition, Anime definition (Kitsune is most well known, among others), or are they just powerful people?

Also, is (light) steampunk allowed? Like, clockwork gears (and the like) and flintlock pistols at most.

Interested as well! Just one question: What exactly are the Yokai? Like, standard Japanese definition, Anime definition (Kitsune is most well known, among others), or are they just powerful people?

Also, is (light) steampunk allowed? Like, clockwork gears (and the like) and flintlock pistols at most.
The Yokai in this are people who have gained enough power that they rival gods and are immortal. Basically they become so strong that they cannot be killed even by natural means like ageing. Most think them to be mythical beings as once they become that strong new worlds and realms open up to them and they spend much of their time in said realms and worlds.

Yes for steam punk tech and gear so long as its not a widely known thing. It can be state of the art dwarven tech as they are about 30 to 50 years ahead of everyone else. However we arent talking about industrialization here. A steam engine jackhammer sure. A train or vehichle

That said guns are new to the world because one of the Yokai was the inventor of the black powder weapons and he sold the idea to a dwarven smith about 30 years ago for unknown purposes. People are just beginning to understand it enough to improve on the designs. (The dwarf took the credit as per their agreement so no ome knows it was a yokai.)

OH BOY I'm excited see what you've got in store in those pre-planned volumes already!
Count me interested -- lets hope I can start planning a character now though, hah

Hey there, Hulk! Been awhile. Think I'll be joining this.
Hell yeah bro long time no see. Apparently Svisttt Svisttt will be peeking in too so we may have some more familiar faces. Imma be starting on the lore and threads in a moment and hopefulky it'll all be set up by next monday :)

15416948187691896734383.jpg
here is my rough draft so far ill soon digitize and color it in. There are 41 cities, 21 Ports, 7 important landmarks and it is open ended. That ice ring around it is an actual ring that no one is aware of what is beyond it. In short there is an actual edge here and reaching it has been done.

It is impassable due to Giant multi hundred meter long ice worms dwell in denser populations the deeper into the frost one goes.

That big circle in the middle is called the "dead zone" and it is a 2500 mile diameter ring which is only desert, ultra salty ocean with no currents or winds. It has zombies everywhere of all imaginable kind.

The map itself is a whopping 9800 Miles across (close to the size of the earth.) However only a slight curvature is detectable showing the planet it is on to be close to the size of Jupiter. And there will be much more to see as i draw up the other realms maps as well for the later volumes. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back