• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warrior Cats || RP

Willowleaf
Warrior
Camp
Saddened

"It's Seasplash," Willowleaf told Birdstar instantly. Birdstar looked interested in what Willowleafhad to say so she went on. "I found her in the medicine den. She won't wake up." Willowpaw paused,but then continued. "I didn't think anybody was in there."
Birdstar looked at Willowleaf oddly. Willowleaf"s ear flattened, as she co tinued. It was horrible, the entire thing.
After Willowleaf was done she scratched at the flakey dirt underneath her pads and waited for a reply​

Stormstrike
310ffe2f75930c4c5959c1461a1c7e33.jpg

Clan: Moonclan
Feeling: Amused

Stormstrike blinked in confusion as Tangleheart began to pace. Her head tilted in amusement as the she-cat ranted quietly. Tangleheart had a thing for Rowanstar, it seemed. As the gray she-cat thought about it, it actually made sense. Whether Rowanstar noticed her efforts, she wasn't sure. Her eyes widened as Tangleheart addressed her. "Well, he sure isn't stupid. You're right there. Maybe he's just been stressed. You know as well as I do that things have been tense with Hollowclan. Now to mention the approaching winter months." She thought for a moment, watching the she-cat with amusement. "Maybe you just need to come clean with him. Not too obviously though." She paused again, and one could see the wheels turning in her furry head. She'd never really had a crush, or a mate. But somehow she was better at advising others than herself. "Put your feelings into a question. A question that he can't dodge without going out of his way to do so. Something like, 'Do you see anything more than friendship for us in the future?'. It's pretty simple, and perhaps he'll pay a little more attention to you." She groomed a paw as she finished, wrapping it over her ear.
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Fernpaw
fluffy-black-cats-with-green-eyes-wallpaper-4.jpg

Clan: Hollowclan
Feeling: Panicked

A small gasp came from Fernpaw, and she began to stutter. "Sh-she was okay last night. I just assumed that she was tired this morning and I wanted to let her sleep in. I can't think of anything that would have happened.." The dark she-cat trailed off, overcome with worry. Rather than stay and chat more, she bolted towards the den. She wasn't sure if she could hear the others behind her, but she assumed they were. She just had to be sure that Seasplash was okay. There was no reason for her not to be.
As she entered the den in a quick panic, the she-cat skidded to a stop near Seasplash's nest. Surely the medicine cat was just sleeping. What could possibly have happened? Her black nose dug into the felines soft fur, and she inhaled her scent. She began to prod her with a forepaw, though she was beginning to accept what Willowleaf had said. There was no heartbeat to be heard. Fernleaf bowed her head deeply. Seasplash wasn't near retirement at all. It didn't make sense.
Saying a silent prayer to Starclan, she sat quietly. What was she supposed to do now? Without a mentor.. Or perhaps the closest friend that she had. How could something so tragic just happen so suddenly, with no explanation?
Noivian Noivian Panic Panic

laperm-bust.jpg

Oatpaw
Clan:
Hollowclan
Feeling: Bored and Annoyed

Oatpaw slid out of the apprentices den, brushing up against the bramble lining and snagging a chunk of his curly fur on it. "Toad-dung..." He grunted in annoyance while tugging himself free. the young apprentice sighed and sat in a nice shaded spot to groom his messy pelt. It's usually a pain for him to groom but he cannot stand having an unkempt pelt.
His ears perked up when he noticed the medicine cat apprentice, Fernpaw, enter the leaders den. "Must be a busy day." Oatpaw murmured, silver hues shining with interest. He had only just become Birdstar's apprentice but he couldn't think of something more honorable. It was new responsibilities for him and the tom confidently accepted them, after all it was awfully boring in the nursery.
He decided to stay where he was and watch the commotion from the sidelines.

Birdstar

Orange-Turkish-Angora-Cat-Sitting.jpg

Feeling: Melancholy

Birdstar's ears flatten and she sprints after Fernpaw, not knowing what to expect but not wanting the apprentice to be alone. She stops a few tail lengths short of Fernpaw, watching the apprentice with her mentor. Her expression is enough to know the medicine cat has passed on. It was a tragic sight, and not wanting to hover over Fernpaw but also allow her a time with her mentor, the leader bowed her head. "... I'll notify the elders..." she murmured. As the elders were responsible for burial, it seemed like a fitting reason to leave Fernpaw a few private moments to grieve alone.

Turning, the leader left the medicine cat den and headed towards the elders den.
Xylona Xylona Panic Panic

Willowleaf
Camp
Hollowclan
Mood: saddened

Willowleaf slumped, and went back into the Medicine Den.
She looked over at Fernpaw.
"I better uhh... take care of my duties, I'll be back before you know it," Willowleaf, turned and headed out. Her leg was sore, but she was able to hunt.
A little while later, she came back, with two feild mice, and a squirrel. The squirrel had been hard to track. But Sillowleaf had, when she got back many of the cats gathered in the clearing.​

Fernpaw

Feeling: Depressed, Confused

It was unclear to Fernpaw how long she'd been standing there, shocked, wondering if there had any way for her to prevent this. She shook her head. Thoughts like that wouldn't help her now. She had to help her Clan, after all. It was with watery eyes that she eventually backed out of the den. She hadn't answered Birdstar when she said that she'd go tell the elders of what happened. Surely they'd be going soon, and Fernpaw wasn't sure if she could watch. She didn't know how to feel in all honesty. How was she supposed to receive her full name without Seasplash present to help her? Sure she'd be present within the ranks of Starclan, but it wasn't quite the same. She hadn't heard of this happening before. Was Birdstar supposed to do it now? Or did it have to be another medicine cat?
Being lost in thought during her walking, the dark pelted she-cat looked up to find herself dead in the center of the camp clearing. She caught many confused stares, before eventually bowing her head so low that her nose barely brushed the dirt below. This was how she waited for Birdstar to come back after speaking to the Elders. Now, not only did they have a conversation of dreams waiting, but they had to figure out what to do. As the feline waited, tail wrapped around her feet in an attempt to comfort herself, she couldn't help but wonder if Seasplash's unexplained death had something to do with the nightmare. "Starclan guide me, for I am lost." She muttered sadly.
Noivian Noivian

laperm-bust.jpg

Oatpaw
Clan:
Hollowclan
Feeling: Confused

Oatpaw's ears perked up in intrigue as he spotted the medicine cat apprentice, a cat he had grown to dislike for petty and selfish reasons. He desired the rank she had now but it was too late for that and he had already accepted his fate as a future warrior, however unappealing it was to the young tom. His silver hues glinted with confusion at the she-cats demeanor. She looked sad, but it didn't take an investigation to tell that much. Oatpaw rose to his paws and prepared to pad over to Fernpaw as he was eager to find out what was troubling her until he realized he may only make things worse. You see, others don't necessarily like Oatpaw and Oatpaw doesn't usually like others. He has trouble talking and feeling compassion for cats so he reached the conclusion that he wouldn't offer much to the depressed she-cat.
He stood staring awkwardly at her for a long moment before letting a sigh escape his jaws. It wasn't all that great to be seen as nothing but a grumpy, mean apprentice. Oatpaw slunk back into the shade where he could watch the action without getting in the way. One thing he found he was good at.

Birdstar

Feeling: Melancholy

The conversation with the elders was solemn but mercifully quick. They were aware of their duties, and before long had carried Seasplash's body out into the middle of the clearing for the rest of the clan to mourn and sit vigil for. She'd be buried by sunset, and join the stars tonight. Birdstar padded over to Fernpaw and rested her tail across the apprentice's shoulders in an attempt to comfort her. "She was my friend, too. She was all of our friends." The words felt empty, knowing that no one was closer to the medicine cat than her own apprentice. "I'm very sorry... When you have a moment, we should probably talk."
Xylona Xylona

Fernpaw

Feeling: Determined, Mournful

Fernpaw jumped at the sudden contact, before calming as pale eyes landed on the orange and white she-cat. She emitted a quiet purr, watching Seasplash's corpse sadly. Now everyone could mourn for her properly. Of course she would sit vigil through the night among any others who decided to do so. Now everyone merely looked shocked and sad, which was close to how she felt. Her ears twitched and she turned back to Birdstar. "Yes, let's talk. There's plenty for us to discuss now, and partly for Seasplash's sake. I'll do the best I can to work in her memory and under her guidance from Starclan." She moved to stand up, stretching her legs and staring blankly into the clearing. "She would want us to be proactive. She was very big on doing things quickly. I don't know how many times I had to restock the herbs because she said I needed to go quickly.." The she-cat trailed off happily, before giving her head a light shake to blow off the silly memory. "Sorry. Yeah, let's discuss what we must." She finished finally as the far away look faded from her yellow eyes.
Noivian Noivian

Dapplepaw

61bc8256579ee7ee348273de626bd4cc.jpg

Clan: MoonClan
Feeling: Anxious

Dapplepaw vaguely recognized her surroundings as her paws tread across the leaf strewn ground of the forest around her. Where am I..? She wondered. This place did not look like MoonClan territory. A thick mist hung in the air around her, and the entire forest seemed to glow faintly with an eerie light, although she was not sure of its source. With her keen senses, Dapplepaw was able to navigate her way through the surrounding trees, but it was not long before she realized that she was not alone. A swift motion caught her gaze, as a shadow disappeared behind one of the trees. Who is that...? She thought, trying to control the fear that was slowly beginning to bristle on the fur of her back. She attempted to track the shadow's movements as it weaved through the thicket, seemingly approaching closer. "Who are you?!" Dapplepaw asked as the figure appeared again, this time only a fox length from her. The shadow seemed to belong to that of a cat, although Dapplepaw was certain she had never met them before. There was no answer, and for a moment Dapplepaw began to panic fearing she could be in terrible danger. Just then, the cat who the silhouette belonged to reappeared, standing directly in front of her as they peered at one another. "There's no reason for you to be afraid...at least, not of me...not now." The cat spoke. Dapplepaw was speechless, unsure of how to reply. "Know this, however. Something terrible is about to occur in the forest. You may need my guidance in the future, young warrior..." The strange cat finished, before disappearing back into the woods.

Dapplepaw's eyes snapped open, as she awoke from what she quickly realized had been a dream. She pulled herself from her bedding and onto her paws, before heaving a long stretch. Once she had gathered herself, she tried to recollect what had happened in her dream, pondering what it could mean. She was no medicine cat, so she reasoned to herself that it couldnt have been very important. She wasn't even a proper warrior yet, since she was still in training. Why would she be the one to receive any visions? Besides, something had felt...off about the dream, somehow. Surely it couldn't have been any sign from StarClan? She proceeded to give herself a quick grooming with her tongue to straighten her tousled fur, before making her way into the main part of the camp. She noticed that quite a few cats seemed to be missing this morning, before realizing that everyone had probably gone hunting or were doing border patrol. She spotted Rowanstar, the clan leader, as he padded proudly into camp with a fresh catch in his maw. She decided to go speak to him, while she waited for her mentor to show up. She wondered what duties she would be given today. It had been some time now since she had been made an apprentice, and she was anxious to complete her training so she could become an official warrior.

Last edited:
Birdstar

Feeling: Focused

Birdstar modded, and turned, indicating that Fernpaw should follow with the flick of her tail. The leader led them to the back of camp, into the leader's den. "We have two topics to speak of now," she said. "The topic of your name, and what you wished to speak to me about. Entering the den, she moved to sit down, indicating the future medicine cat should sit with her. Her nest had ample space, almost enough for two full grown cats if they curled close around each other. The den itself was much bigger, obviously designated as it made a good meeting space for private conversations.

The den itself consisted of a hollowed out log propping up a boulder so that the triangular space between the boulder, the inside of the log, and the ground made a wide alcove. Moss and other plants hung over the alcove, creating something of a privacy curtain for the den's inhabitant, and also kept out the wind. The moss coating the inside of the den also helped insulation and sound canceling. The nest was located in the hollow log, and only took up one third of the den size. Honestly, if the den were slightly bigger and easier to defend, it could have easily have been a nursery.
Xylona Xylona

Last edited:
Rowanstar
Clan :: MoonClan
Feeling :: Shocked
Tags :: CallmeMyth CallmeMyth M Moonlessite explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Xylona Xylona

Rowanstar proudly padded back into camp, thinking Tangleheart and Stormstike were behind him, dropping the rabbit and mouse into the fresh kill. His piercing emerald gaze shifted towards Dapplepaw, who was approaching him silently. He dips his head in polite greeting, "Glad to see you're still with us-" Rowanstar was cut off by a shrill shriek of fear. He snaps his gaze in the direction of the yowl, and his blood turns to ice as two foxes smash through the thorn barrier.
The massive leader releases a fierce hiss, "Get to the nursery, Dapplepaw! Protect the kits!" He orders, before rushing toward the medicine den. One of the foxes was attempting to enter the den, its large head was stuck into the entrance where Wolfmask was residing. Rowanstar lunges forward, sinking his hooked claws into the Foxes flank. It shrieks loudly, pulling out of the medicine den and whipping around.
The massive tom hisses loudly, batting at the Fox's muzzle with unsheathed claws. Suddenly, his razor sharp claws get caught on a thick piece of skin on the Fox's face. It yowls in pain, and rears back suddenly. Rownstar gasps as he is flung with the fox, his claw breaking with a painful snap. The leader hits the ground with a heavy thud, he wasn't able to get to his paws fast enough before the Fox was on him.
Fangs plunge into Rowanstar's shoulder and chest, before he is heaved into the air and thrown again. His gaze catches Tangleheart, and he is brought back to when she helped him against the foxes not long ago. The large tom hits the ground, before he slides through the dirt weakly. The large tom trembles as he attempts to get to his paws again. Yet he is too slow, and he feels the fangs of the Fox burrow into his belly. The large tom yowls in agony, before he is savagely shaken and dropped.
The Fox stands over Rowanstar, his blood having painted the camp floor. The leader watches the fox, who merely stares at him with piercing amber eyes. The tom feels relief wash over him, as his vision begins to darken. He closes his eyes slowly, releasing his final breath, and losing another life.

Bramblefang

Clan :: MoonClan

Feeling :: Terrified
Tags :: M Moonlessite Xylona Xylona

The tom sighs heavily, giving Frostpaw a gently lick on her ear. "Are you alright?" he asks, her amber gaze burning into hers. He gently glides his silky tail over her back to flatten her bristling fur, when a piercing yowl rings through the forest. He inhales sharply, as several yowls follow the one before. He looks toward Frostpaw and Foxpelt, "we need to get back to camp." he orders, Foxpelt nods in agreement before hurrying towards camp. Bramblefang hares after the she-cat, before craning his neck to look back at Frostpaw; "Stay behind me, we don't know what had happened." he orders her, before quickening his pace.
Foxpelt and Bramblefang arrive together, stopping in horror. Two foxes were terrorizing camp, three felines had the nursery defended, fending off one of the foxes with unsheathed claws. Bramblefang's gaze lands on Rownstar, his brother, who laid at the paws of a Fox, limp. Fear gripped the tom, "No!" he yowls, causing the Fox to snap its Amber gaze onto him.
He sprints forward, his unsheathed claws propelling him forward. The Fox lunges for him, yet he swiftly slides under its belly. He raises a paw, and raked his curved claws against the Fox's underbelly, causing its scarlet blood to spill onto the ground below it. Instead of turning to face the Fox, he hurries to Rowanstar. Terror grips him when he realizes his litter mate isn't breathing, he wails loudly. He rests his large paws on his litter mate, attempting to count how many lives his brother has lost so far.
Suddenly, her feels his paws raise off the ground. He flails, feeling the Fox's fangs attempt to break his skin. Panic rises in his belly, and he growls as he is thrown. He tumbles to the ground, rolling his shoulder slightly once her gets to his paws. Bramblefang had never been injured before, and not even in battle against Foxes, dogs, or other felines. He growls, but he couldn't focus with the thought of his dying brother.

[/COLOR]

Tangleheart
Moonclan||Rank: Warrior||Location: Camp||Feeling?: Absolutely FURIOUS/Wanting to cry​

"You think so?"

Tangleheart looked at Stormstrike and her ears perked up again as she listened to Stormstrike's advice. She blinked and sighed with her advice, "I mean that does seem like sound advice, but I don't know."
Glancing in the direction Rowanstar went, she thought back to when she first started feeling this way. When was it? Ah yes... The twoleg trap... stupid furball, getting stck in that thing. And it was in that moment she realized exactly how much she cared about this stupid handsome tom.
"And I mean I'm only saying this because I've been openly flirting with the mousebrain for three moons now and I figured the entire clan already knew so there was no point in trying to be discreet about it." She sighed and threw her head back to yawn but before she could, yowling could be heard from the camp. She looked up at Stormstrike, her ears shoved back in alarm, before she was on her paws and running towards the camp, the prey forgotten.
Her paws thudded on the ground as a very familiar scent of... Foxes! Did I kill enough of those things the last time they came here?! Her mind flashed back to the day she came running back, perhaps she was even running that same trail. As she skidded into camp, she took in the two foxes. One appeared to be trying to nose into the nursery, and-
Rowanstar's eyes met hers as the fox over him tossed him like a dead mouse across the clearing. She jaws parted and a scream escaped her, but to be honest, she couldn't even hear herself over her heartbeat pounding in her ears. Her paws moved on their own as the mourning scream turned into a furious hiss. She leaped on top of the fox, catching the stupid thing by surprise. She yowled furiously as she raked her back legs against the fox's back and clamped onto it's ear, throwing her head about as the fox yowled.
When it began to flail it's head in an attempt to dislodge the she-cat, it only aided her, as with the additional momentum and Tangleheart's determination, half the fox's ear was ripped off when Tangleheart went flying. She landed on her side and slid across the hard packed earth for a moment, but she back up in a heartbeat, her fury keeping her moving till she was standing over Rowanstar with the half of the fox's ear completely forgotten as she hissed and shrieked, swiping at it if it got anywhere within reach if her claws.

Tasteless Tasteless Xylona Xylona

Last edited:
Dapplepaw

wps691C.tmp_.png

Feeling: Frightened

Dapplepaw's conversation with Rowanstar was short lived, as a sharp wail tore through the still air of the camp. Her ears swiveled in the direction the sound had came from, and she jerked her head around in time to see two large animals burst into camp. Foxes?! Here?! She thought, stricken with fear as the fur on her back stood on end. A menacing hiss escaped from Rowanstar as he noticed the foxes as well. Dapplepaw managed to gather her bearings, Rowanstar's voice having snapped her out of her panic as he ordered her to protect the nursery, before bounding off in the direction of the medicine den. Having no more time to hesitate, Dapplepaw unsheathed her claws as she leaped toward the nursery. Two other cats were already there, attempting to defend the entrance to the nursing den as the large red and brown animal lashed at them with its sharp fangs. As she prepared to throw herself into the fray, Dapplepaw noticed Rowanstar as he was flung across the clearing. Two other cats jumped in to assist him, and Dapplepaw recognized them as Tangleheart and Bramblefang. Although she felt guilty that she would be unable to help protect her leader, Dapplepaw knew that Tangleheart and Bramblefang would be able to handle it. As of now her mind was entirely focused on protecting her mother, Specklepelt, as well as her younger siblings. Dapplepaw slashed at the fox in front of her, slapping it in the face as it attempted to stick its snout into the den. The fox recoiled, turning around and snapping its jaws at her as its piercing eyes bore into hers. Dapplepaw realized that this was the first time she had ever been in a true fight before, especially against a wild animal like this one. She had accompanied her mentor before on hunting trips, but she had never came face to face with a creature this large. She tried to recall some of her training in that moment, as the fox lunged toward her with its muzzle open and it's fangs bared. Dapplepaw hooked her claws into the animal's face, as it grabbed the scruff of fur around her neck. She kicked at the fox's underside, digging the claws on her hind legs into the canine's stomach. It bit down harder on the back of her neck in response, and Dapplepaw let out a yowl of pain. Is this how my life will end? Dapplepaw wondered for a brief moment, before the other two cats tackled the fox, causing it to release its grip. Dapplepaw noticed as the fox released her that the entrance to the nursery was unguarded, and the animal took the opportunity to tear into the den. "No!!" Dapplepaw hissed, as she lept into the den after the fox. She dug her claws into the creature's back, trying desperately to focus its attention back on her. Dapplepaw noticed her mother curled around her kits, her back arched as she swiped at the fox in defense. Her gaze met with her mother's in that instant, as the fox grabbed the queen in its mouth. "StarClan, please no!!!" Dapplepaw pleaded. The fox shook Specklepelt viciously in its maw, before dropping her body to the ground. Specklepelt tried to move her body, gasping out Dapplepaw's name before her body grew limp. Dapplepaw ran underneath the fox's body, covering her younger siblings with her own body. Drool and blood dripped from the fox's teeth, and it struck forward in an attempt to sink its teeth into her side. With determination and fury, Dapplepaw hooked her claws into the fox's eye, and it snarled in pain as it jerked away from her and turned to exit the den. Dapplepaw was certain she must have blinded it, and she looked down to make sure her siblings were ok. The other queens and their kits had either retreated to the back of the den or were huddled around their offspring, still trying to protect them.

Last edited:

Fernpaw

Feeling: Lost

Fernpaw dipped her head as Birdstar turned, waving her tail as she turned to follow the leader. She'd never actually been into the she-cat's den before, and she batted at a tendril of moss in awe. As her dark furred muzzle poked into the den, her eyes widened. The space didn't look nearly as large as it was from the outside. It was a lot of space for only one or two felines.
"Yes, about that.." The she-cat trailed off, sitting slowly and wrapping a furry tail around her forepaws. "I don't really understand how that is supposed to work. I think a medicine cat has to perform the ceremony. Perhaps Wolfmask could do it. Seasplash always told me that medicine cats are bound to Starclan and the well being of every cat, not bound by their Clan. But.. I don't know if Moonclan would allow it. That is the only solution I can think of." She said, tilting her head in confusion. Something felt so wrong. She was supposed to be mourning Seasplash.. But her name was important. Being recognised as a true medicine cat was important. With the hard times coming, and her dream.. Hollowclan needed more than an apprentice.
Noivian Noivian

Stormstrike
310ffe2f75930c4c5959c1461a1c7e33.jpg

Clan: Moonclan
Feeling: Angry, Scared

Confusion instantly overcame Stormstrike as yowls came from the direction of camp. She watched as Tangleheart's ears flattened and within seconds the she-cat had taken off towards camp with Stormstrike on her heels. They weren't too far away from the camp entrance, and as soon as the wind hit her face the scent overtook her. "Fox." She snarled, tearing into camp. Gray ears lay flat against her head as she quickly surveys the area. There seems to be two. A low growl escapes her as she spots one in the center clearing. It seems to be attacking Rowanstar, though she quickly sees the dark flash of Bramblefang rushing to his aid. Next she spots Tangleheart, who leaps to the fox exactly how she'd expect her to.
Movement in the corner of her eye turns the she-cat's attention to another fox, whom is only halfway sticking out of the nursery den. Whether it is entering or trying to back away she can't tell- nor does she take the time to.
Stormstrike darts for the fox, gripping it's tail between her teeth and biting down as hard as she possibly could. A shrill fills the air and she is knocked back as the fox backs out of the den frantically. As its head shoves out from the den, it whips around presumably to face her. Blood gushes down the side of the fox's face, from one eye which doesn't look like it will see anymore. The red canine lunges to her left with a snarl, though it's aim falters and it grips her flank for only a second. She feels it's teeth drag away and she cries out, whipping around to face the creature again as she swipes at it's remaining eye. She feels her claws rake through soft tissue and another cry comes from the orange creature as it starts to thrash blindly. Her eyes follow it as it stumbles towards the entrance of camp, yanking it's head through the bramble as it stumbles out of camp and dashes away.
A huff escapes the she-cat as she dashes into the nursery. Her eyes first land on Specklepelt who lies limply on the ground. She looks frantically around the den, breathing heavily as she spots Dapplepaw. "Is anyone else hurt?" She looks around the den, trying to take count of all Queens. "The fox that was here is gone now, but there is still one outside and I need your help." Her eyes bore into the apprentice's, to show the scared adolescent how serious she was. "I know you're scared, but we need to keep our queens and kits safe, okay? Count all the kits, bring them all to the back of the den." She gestures towards the back of the den with her tail. "All of them. Be sure nobody is missing. Next I need you Queens lined up in front of them. This is for the good of the kits in case the other comes your way. Get this going Dapplepaw, your clan needs you." She finishes softly, before turning on her haunches and springing from the den. She needed to guard the elders.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Last edited:
Birdstar

Feeling: Focused

The older she-cat could tell that talking about this so soon after her mentor's death was bothering Fernpaw. However, it was also a task of utmost importance. Never before could Birdstar recall such a thing like a mentor-less medicine cat apprentice without a full name. "I know this must be troubling for you, but it needs to be done," Birdstar assured, trying her best to be sympathetic. "If what you need to tell me is dire, then we're going to need a full medicine cat." It was as if the leader could read her mind. "Going to Wolfmask in Moonclan for your full name sounds like a viable option. I don't know the words used in the ceremony for medicine cat, so regardless we will need to console in him." She looked towards the entrance of her den, contemplating before looking back to Fernpaw. "I'd like you to come with us on dusk patrol. I'll accompany you into Moonclan, if you would like. But you must arrange with Wolfmask to give you your name at the soonest possible time."
Xylona Xylona

Fernpaw

Feeling: Nervous

Fernpaw sat in thought, pondering what the leader had said. It made sense, though she felt her stomach twist anxiously. She had only briefly even spoken to the other medicine cat, and now he would potentially be in charge of what could be the most important moment in her life. The dark feline nodded and twitched an ear. "Yeah, we'll try that. I would prefer if you came with me, but if you have things to attend to here that is also fine. I just don't want to cause any conflict." She finished the thought and cast her eyes downward, twisting her paw anxiously on the ground.
Eventually she looked back up to Birdstar, and swallowed. She really didn't want the leader to think of her as ridiculous for worrying over her dream as much as she was. But it was too late now, and she had to fess up. "Now um, about the other thing. You see, I had this awful dream last night. It may seem silly, but it was nothingness. Just blackness. I couldn't move. I had no voice or sight. I could only hear a deep voice, that relayed this message to me, "Soon, the stars will all align, and seven will stand out. They will protect the clans, from the darkness that will strike." I don't know what this means, but it is what I heard." She said with a huff, hanging her head bashfully.
Noivian Noivian

Flamestorm did not like the plan that Birdstar had to protect their borders from MoonClan. Yet, before his mouth could open so that he could offer a different course of action, Birdstar was called by Fernpaw. The pale ginger and white tom twitched an ear in annoyance, glancing down at Blossomclaw one more time before getting to his paws. He would find a way to fix this mess. He just had to plan better with Birdstar. Twitching his tail in annoyance, he prowled over to the fresh-kill pile before noticing something was wrong. "What is going on?" he padded over to Birdstar's den, his tail waving in apprehension. He heard Fernpaw speaking inside, and his ears strained. What was she talking about? It sounded much like a riddle of some sort. He decided to listen into the conversation, setting his jaw roughly. This was all so confusing...
Xylona Xylona Noivian Noivian

Frostpaw, on the other hand, also did not know what was going on. There she was, grinning up at Bramblefang as he flicked her with his tail, before a yowl sounded. And before she knew it, they were back at camp, and their leader, Rowanstar, had lost another life. Her eyes watched Bramblefang as he mourned for his brother's lost life, and Frostpaw hoped that it was not his last. The small she-cat padded over, sitting next to her mentor as she spotted Wolfmask padded over. The medicine cat's face was frayed with worry.
"What happened?" Wolfmask cried out, having brought along herbs to tend to his leader's wounds. The long-furred tom began to tend to him, chewing the pulp and administering it to Rowanstar's injuries.
Tasteless Tasteless explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Birdstar

Feeling: Focused, Troubled

"I will be on the dusk patrol tonight regardless, and I'd rather ensure your safety, so I will go with you," Birdstar said, finalizing her decision.

When Fernpaw recounted her dream, however, Birdstar tensed up. Her calm and focus nature seemed to abandon her, leaving her to look to a spot behind the medicine cat with wide eyes. "I had the same dream last night..." she admitted finally. "Someone was chasing me through the forest, and I couldn't see where I was going, but I had to run. And then I was falling, like I had run off a cliff. Someone told me the exact same line..." Birdstar stated, shaking her head to clear it and looking back to Fernpaw. "I was doubtful at first, but since you received the same message, I'm convinced now. It has to be from Starclan. Something big is coming. I won't confide in Rowanstar yet. There's only seven cats we need to worry about, and I do think two of them are us, since we received the message. The question is who else got the message? Cats in our clan? Cats in Moonclan? If it's clan-specific, then we don't need Moonclan to know we're coming upon a time of weakness. Especially not if their border advances are hostile..." the leader trailed off in thought, returning to her old self. "But what of the line... 'When the stars align'? What does it mean? Will it become very apparent who's part of the seven?"

Realizing the medicine cat was still here, she blinked and returned to the present. "For now, we'll keep this between us. Ask around if any other cat has been experiencing weird dreams, but keep it casual. Since you're the medicine cat - er, will be from now on - the other cats are more likely to open up about dreams to you than they are to me." Flicking her tail in conclusion, Birdstar asked, "Anything else you'd like to discuss?"
Xylona Xylona M Moonlessite

Fernpaw

Feeling: Relieved

Fernpaw's eyes widened as Birdstar lamented her dream. She'd heard the exact same saying. It couldn't possibly be a coincidence now, something was going on. Some sort of danger was coming, and it was up to seven of them especially to protect the Clans from whatever it was. Her head bobbed slowly in agreement as the leader brought up good points. They had no idea who the other five cats were, nor did they know which Clans they were from. This was especially problematic, because it wasn't every day that warriors from different Clans discussed their nightmares as small talk. Even at a gathering it'd be especially hard to get anyone to fess up about having such a dream. Finding these other cats would be hard and tiresome, but it needed to be done.
"I will try to find some of these other cats. There are five more, and seeing how many are in Hollowclan specifically is a good start." She stood slowly, stretching her legs and arching her back lazily. "As of now, I think I'm going to get together a few things to give Wolfmask in return for his help. It may make things less awkward." The she-cat chuckled, turning slightly. "I don't think there is anything else to discuss as of now. Besides, I think Flamestorm was wanting to speak with you... Thank you so much for everything." She said finally, turning to pad out of the den. She dipped her head to Flamestorm as she passed him, entering the clearing once again.
The black she-cat turned her head away from the sight as she looked to Seasplash's body, looking around the rest of the clearing. As she looked to the entrance of the medicine den, she spotted Oatpaw in the shadows. She instantly made a beeline for the apprentice, as he often helped her sometimes. He was very grumpy most of the time, but she appreciated his help anyway as he was rather good at what he did. She was almost surprised that he wasn't a medicine cat apprentice instead of her. She sat down in front of him, her tail waving behind her. "I still can't believe this has happened.." She began, gesturing towards Seasplash with her tail. It was probably hard for him as well. "I hate to ask, but.. Can you help me collect some Burdock Root? I am going to ask Wolfmask to give me my full name, and I thought it would be a nice gesture. I recall him saying that it didn't grow much in Moonclan territory. I would ask someone else, but you have the nose for it. Besides, I need to get some before the dusk patrol so I need a cat that knows what to look for." She said, nudging the tom with a dark furry shoulder and looking him with pleading eyes.
Noivian Noivian M Moonlessite Logo Logo

Tangleheart
Moonclan||Rank: Warrior||Location: Camp||Feeling?: Definitely still wanting to cry​

"I-I don't know..."

The she-cat whispered, as the fox apparently ran away. She looked at Wolfmask as he began to lick a stinky polituce to his wounds. She stared at Rowanstar's face for a moment, before she plopped onto the ground beside him and mumbled, "I just heard the yowl and I came running... And he looked at me as the fox just flung him around like a kit with a piece of prey..." Her voice shivered as she looked at him. She was aware that leaders had more then one life, but it... Never made it easier. She was still getting used to the way these clan cats lived, no matter how long she had lived with them. It never made any death any easier. Knowing you would "see them again in Starclan" didn't help with the loss of a precious life.
The she-cat looked at this stupid, stupid tom, and without really thinking she pressed her nose to his fur and sighed, her eyes shut as she tried to just take in his scent and get her heartbeat under control. Her back leg twinged painfully as she laid down and stretched, but she ignored it just to be close to Rowanstar.

Tasteless Tasteless Xylona Xylona M Moonlessite

Last edited:

Dapplepaw

61bc8256579ee7ee348273de626bd4cc.jpg

Feeling: Somber

Dapplepaw was surprised as Stormstrike entered the nursery, after hearing sounds of scuffling outside the den. The she-cat appeared to be a bit batterered, but was more concerned for the safety of the queens and their kits. Stormstrike assured her that the fox had gone, and Dapplepaw hoped it would not return. Her eyes flicked over to where her mother was still lying unmoving on the ground, before quickly snapping her attention back to Stormstrike as the older feline gave her an intense glare. She ordered her to move all of the queens and their kits to a safer position inside the den, and Dapplepaw forced her body to respond as she tried to overcome what had happened. As Stormstrike exited the burrow, Dapplepaw grabbed one of her younger siblings gently in her maw, before carrying them to the back of the den. She made sure all of the queens had managed to get their kits moved safely, as she went back and forth to carry her other two siblings to the back of the den as well. Once all three of them had been placed together, Dapplepaw peered down at them as they mewled quietly. What will happen to them, now? She wondered. Now that their mother was...Dapplepaw felt a pang in her chest as she thought of the fate her mother had met at the paws of the fox. She had never felt a sadness like this before, and she wasn't sure what to do. Perhaps one of the other queens would take care of her siblings? She bent her head down to gently nudge her brother, Gingerkit. His fur was almost entirely orange, with stripes marking his coat. Her other brother Shadowkit, began to mew loudly as she gave attention to Gingerkit, so Dapplepaw quickly gave him a lick to quiet him down. Shadowkit's fur was a stark contrast to Gingerkit's. His pelt was a dark shade that appeared almost completely black. Dapplepaw then trailed her eyes over to Lilykit, who had fallen asleep. Her sister had markings similar to her brother Gingerkit, although she also had patches of white on her pelt. The coloring of her fur resembled a lily in bloom, which befit her name. While all of them resembled their mother, Dapplepaw's fur was the most similar to Specklepelt's. However, Dapplepaw had always had a strange two-toned face that was both orange and black, a trait that her mother did not share. All three kits began to settle, until they had all curled together and were now taking a nap. Dapplepaw felt strange caring for her younger siblings like this. She wasn't a medicine cat, nor did she have any idea of how to properly take care of a kit. They did look cute though. Out of the corner of her eye, Dapplepaw noticed as one of the queens began to approach her. "I'm so sorry for what happened to Specklepelt. I can care for them if you'd like." The she-cat spoke to her, gesturing down to where the kittens lay on their bed of grass, leaves and moss. A feeling of gratitude washed through Dapplepaw, and she agreed. She wasn't sure why the queen would want to do this favor for her siblings, but she couldn't decline the offer. After all, without someone to care for the kits they wouldn't survive. "Thank you." She told the she-cat, as the queen picked up each kit and moved them over to the nest she had made for her own litter. Dapplepaw padded back toward the entrance of the den, stopping at the body of her mother. She lowered her head over her body, taking in her scent and listening for any sound of a heartbeat. Nothing could be heard, and her worst assumptions were confirmed. The queen had passed. Dapplepaw gave her mother a lick, silently praying that StarClan would allow her to join them tonight. She also vowed to herself that she would watch over her mother's youngest kits in the future. Perhaps she would even become a mentor to one of them someday. Dapplepaw proceeded to leave the burrow, before treading toward the clearing where everyone was gathered around Rowanstar. Thankfully, the fox that had attacked him was nowhere in sight. Dapplepaw assumed that the other warriors had managed to fight it off. "How is he?" She asked. The clan had seen enough tragedy for one day. She only hoped that their leader would survive.

Last edited:

laperm-bust.jpg

Oatpaw
Clan:
Hollowclan
Feeling: Confused

Seeing the medicine cats limp body in the clearing made the whole camp feel bleak with sadness. Oatpaw wasn't one to get emotional but he himself felt emptier without Seasplash. He looked away from the funeral and decided he would pay his respects later, at least when those closest to the deceased she-cat said their goodbyes.
A dark shape caught his attention as it made it's way closer to him. He could quickly tell it was Fernpaw because of her black pelt that was very visible in the sun-but he wasn't one to talk with a curly beige pelt like his own. Oatpaw tensed while his mind whirled, 'What could she need from me?' He forced himself to at least appear calm as he gave his chest fur a few licks before meeting his silver gaze to hers. His hues had a faint shine of sympathy in them as the medicine cat apprentice looked at her mentor. After all, Fernpaw was closest to Seasplash and she couldn't even receive her full name before she was left to her duties alone. "She was a fine cat and good at what she did. At least you'll be able to still see her in Starclan." He said in the most reassuring voice he could muster up but his expression remained placid.
The apprentice rose to his paws and gave a small nod, "Of course I'll help." It was true that Oatpaw was the right cat for herb gathering since he had tried to spend as much time as he could around herbs as he could so he could be the medicine cat apprentice. Even though his plan didn't work out he still found it useful to remember the scent of many healing plants.
"You're really going to ask a medicine cat of our rival clan to give you your full name? I know the code is different for warriors but still, I'd be wary." Oatpaw started to lead the way out of camp with Fernpaw at his side.
Xylona Xylona

Fernpaw

Feeling: Indifferent

Fernpaw nodded happily to the tom as he agreed to help her. It'd save her time having assistance from someone who knew what they were looking for, not to mention that she appreciated the company. The thought of her lonely days to come were dreadful. She wasn't even sure if she could bring herself to sleep in the medicine den alone. It would feel empty without the presence of someone else. The she-cat glanced to Oatpaw thankfully. She inhaled a deep breath as they left the camp. Burdock Root was typically used on bite wounds and other cuts. They had decent patches of the mangled bushes in this part of the forest, but Moonclan had more pine than oak structures. Hopefully the gesture would be appreciated. "Yeah, it is kind of weird to ask.. But only a medicine cat can perform the ceremony. There is nobody else to depend on." She said slowly, making sure that her own words made sense. The last thing she wanted was to rely on a cat from another Clan, but something had to be done.
After a short walk, Fernpaw's dark nose twitched as the earthy smell of Burdock washed over her. She didn't even have to look at Oatpaw to know that he probably smelled it too. Only a second later were her claws sinking into the soft dirt, digging around the shrub in an attempt to remove it from the ground. It was tedious work. Her head briefly swiveled up as she dug, "You know, it's too bad that you're already training to be a warrior. You would've made an amazing medicine cat." She said jokingly, snapping a piece of thin wood and creating a small pile for her collected pieces.
Fernpaw herself was pleasantly surprised at how she was feeling. Not very good, but okay enough to crack a joke. Perhaps herb gathering was helping to lighten her mood.
Logo Logo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back