• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warrior Cats || RP || Detailed

Mapletail
black-white.jpg
Clan: HollowClan

Deerpaw was a cocky young she-cat, although Mapletail was quite used to this sort of behavior already and knew just how to handle the adolescent feline. Admittedly, Mapletail had always been rather sassy herself. So the two of them made for an interesting pair, even if the two of them occasionally squabbled like two hens at a two-leg farm. It was really unbecoming of a mentor and apprentice relationship, but Mapletail had been chosen as Deerpaw's tutor for a reason. Afterall, she was the only one who could handle the feisty young apprentice at times, and honestly Mapletail knew the young she-cat was in need of someone who understood the angst of adolescent feline life. Mapletail herself wasn't very old, and although she didn't consider herself to be a mother figure to the young apprentice, she wondered if she could view herself as sort of an elder sister to the young she-cat. She pushed the thought away for now, and tried to focus on the matter at hand. It didn't help that she had a bouncy young feline trailing her around, but it was her duty. "Yes, Deerpaw. I would show off my 'little prodigy' to the MoonClan cats. But I'm afraid they would mistake you for a hair ball I coughed up." Mapletail gibed back with Deerpaw playfully, feeling amused.
MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado

Last edited:
Name: Deerpaw
Clan: Hollowclan

"A right big ol hairball I am, I'd be worried for you, need to take you to the medicine den," she quipped back. Deerpaw had quite taking a liking to her mentor, even before she was ready for apprenticeship. She saw a lot of herself in the daring cat and she knew that underneath their jokes, Mapletail had her back.

"Onto Moonclan then, ma? Maybe I can pluck some good herbs for my tomcat Oatwhisker on the way back to camp," she thought aloud. She always loved to lend a hand to the medicine cat when he needed it.

Ravenpaw
"Sometimes words hit harder than actions"

20b43dd693c00ee490d15f498ad70279.jpg

Ravenpaw's blue eyes did not need to adjust to see the stark white pelt of her friend, and brother's obvious crush, enter the den. Noisy, she thought silently to herself before giving an unamused yawn. Ravenpaw got up on her long, thin legs before stretching them out, feeling the muscles pull from yesterday's training.

"Mistpaw," she acknowledged. "Intrusive as ever," she gave a strange purr that seemed almost forced if you didn't know her, but she meant it well and this was a close to teasing as Ravenpaw got in most cases. "Herb gathering?" She repeated unsure she heard the excitement right.

"You are excited to go herb gathering?" Ravenpaw didn't care either way, but she knew that Mistpaw prefered to not do those duties. It had been the one con to picking to be a medicine cat apprentice. She even remembered Mistpaw saying how she would make the clan do her herb gathering when she became medicine cat. It was rather amusing, really.

Clan
Rainclan

Interactions
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Wildstar
"My soul be wild, but legs are getting old,"

8504cbd6dc8821f676cfb92d0c482627.jpg

Wildstar gazed at the sun as it set itself to shine upon his clan. He had placed himself right outside his den on the Overlook, which is where he gave clan meetings. His burrowed den sat just below the downward slope of the overlook and Wildstar even remembered, as a kit, getting the other kits to slide down into the leader's den. Now it was his den.

Wildstar purred at his old thoughts and couldn't help but chuckle inwardly. "You know you are getting old when you start reminiscing," he thought out loud. He looked back over his clan and sort of hoped it would remain this peaceful just for a little bit longer.

Clan
Airclan

Interactions
@Airclan Cats

637148438.jpg

Redthorn
Clan: Moonclan
Feelings: Conceded

She held a glare with her leader despite the risk of punishment. Refusing to explain herself she just huffed angrily and glanced away then looked back at Nightstar. Clearly he had realized her situation. The signs weren't that hard to notice, seeing that she was swaying and all. As a young warrior Redthorn had gone days without food and it wasn't too difficult because just the thought of a starving clan would push her on. Lately the she-cat had slightly lost her edge, with the exception of her personality of course. It made sense, she was old and getting weaker and going without food wasn't helping her one lick.
Redthorn's head dropped a bit, "I don't wish for pity, but I do hope for your faith in me for the future. Every decision I make has a reason." With that she snatched up the sparrow and retreated back to the edge of camp to eat in peace. She sank down leaning on her side and began to tear rapidly through the feathered animal. Her sharp gaze twitched towards Nightstar and Ashclaw. Maybe one day the senior warrior and deputy could get along, I mean, she'd have to follow him eventually when he becomes leader. Even if they didn't get along Redthorn wouldn't hesitate to throw herself into the midst of battle and fight alongside the tom. She wondered if he knew this and if he'd do the same.
She swiped her tongue over her maw, cleaning off the remaining pieces of prey along her muzzle, and rose to her paws. Thank you, Starclan for the meal. Once she finished burying the bones Redthorn trotted towards to camp entrance, halting to wait for the patrol.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Mapletail
black-white.jpg
"That's not such a bad idea there, kit." Mapletail reasoned, in response to her apprentice's remark. Perhaps if they visited the medicine den, she could get Oatwhisker to give her some catnip. After all, there was no better way to calm her senses. Luckily for her, Deerpaw mentioned helping to gather herbs for Oatwhisker while the two of them were on patrol. "Keep an eye out for the cat mint plant. We need plenty of that." She told her, twitching her whiskers in amusement. "We will head toward the MoonClan border now. Although first we need to let Sharptalon know we are leaving." Mapletail instructed, as she lead the way through camp to where the deputy was still organizing the squads. "Sharptalon, Deerpaw and I are heading toward the MoonClan border now." She told the tom, realizing their patrol still required at least one more member. She spotted Forestpelt as she stood waiting to leave, although she didn't appear to have a group yet. "If it's alright, I'd like to take Forestpelt with us. Perhaps you could send a different cat to the AirClan border in Forestpelt's stead?" She asked. "That is, if Forestpelt agrees..." She added.

inkling inkling MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado Thanatos Thanatos
Mistpaw

beautiful-green-eyed-white-cat-picture-id470614664

Clan: RainClan

"No, hairball! I'm not excited about the herb-gathering! Did you forget about our plans for today? We were gonna go exploring today! Grassgaze says I have to go herb-gathering instead, but this way we can have a bit of fun while we do that!" She remarked. Not to mention, Mistpaw could probably get Ravenpaw to help her gather the herbs. That way she didn't have to do it all by herself. She figured she would show Ravenpaw which herbs were which, in case she didn't know. After all, gathering herbs was boring but she did know a lot about them. Mistpaw then proceeded to poke Ravenpaw with her paw once more. "Now get up, and lets go do something together!" She meowed.

DemonKitten DemonKitten
Dapplepaw

61bc8256579ee7ee348273de626bd4cc.jpg

Clan: MoonClan
Dapplepaw spotted her mentor Ashclaw, greeting Nightstar as she made her way over to where the deputy stood in front of the warrior's den. "Alright, everyone's had a long enough cat-nap! Wake up, it's time to form the dawn squads!" She heard him yowl. She stopped next to him, deciding it was best not to bother him. He appeared to be busy at the moment, and his tail lashed back and forth with impatience. He roused the remaining warriors from their den, and proceeded to assign a select few of them to a squad. One group was tasked with patrolling the RainClan border, and among them was Ashclaw's brother, Cloudpatch. The tom had fur that was both black and white, and while the brothers did vaguely resemble each other Cloudpatch was the more laid-back of the two. Dapplepaw stood wondering who would be assigned to patrol the HollowClan border, when Ashclaw turned his attention to the young apprentice. "Ah, Dapplepaw. I will need you to accompany me to the HollowClan border." He greeted her, before giving her his instructions. Dapplepaw nodded. "Ok." She agreed, her voice a soft meow. She did feel rather excited to be going on a patrol this morning. She enjoyed being able to get out of camp to go on important missions. Ashclaw lead the way to the entrance of the camp, where he surprisingly found Redthorn waiting. "Will you be joining us?" She heard him ask. Dapplepaw greeted the elder warrior, her tone respectful. Dapplepaw hoped the old she-cat would tag along with them. She figured she could learn a thing or two from the old warrior.
Logo Logo

Last edited:
8132b0d992523d638ff297d4f18856f4.jpg

Forestpelt: Hollowclan warrior
location: Hollowclan camp with: Mapletail CallmeMyth CallmeMyth ,
Deerpaw @muskymuscavado

Forestpelt had awakened shortly before Sharptalon had begun the relaying of the morning patrols. She was still blinking sleep from her eyes and she sat among her fellows clanmates, nodding in acknowledgement to her appointed duties. With a shake of her pelt, she stood and surveyed the surrounding cats. Forestpelt was more than willing to go wherever she was needed, and hoped to do as much as she could for her clan. That is, while she was still capable. She was unsure how much longer she would be allowed to practice her warrior duties, but she assumed it would at least be until her growing belly began to limit her abilities. That was still some time off, but their was no denying she was expecting now.

The she-cat had always wanted to be a queen; however, this did not make her less of a warrior as she was still a fierce hunter and climber. She was rather nurturing, and was expected to be a fierce mother as well. Despite her positive traits, Forestpelt was nervous for her kits to arrive--especially in the current situation. Prey was getting scarce and tensions were high; what would that mean for a litter of new kits? She shook the thoughts from her head, now what not the time to worry. Now was the time to carry out her currently assigned duties. Onto the Airclan border, though she was unsure who would accompany her.

At the mention of her name, Forestpelt's ears swiveled. Mapletail and Deerpaw weren't far off and she trotted over. Forestpelt enjoyed the company of the pair, as their banter was quite entertaining. While she had no problems patrolling either border, Moonclan raised thoughts of her brother Nightstar. Their was a slight pang of sadness at this thought--she hoped he was well. A naive part of her wondered if they may even see him along the border, though that was highly unlikely. "I'll go wherever you need me, Sharptalon," the she-cat dipped her head respectfully, but continued playfully, "though I do have quite the fondness for these two."

Leafkit

ocicat+kitten.jpg

Leafkit sat just outside of the nursery, his tail twitching anxiously. It was finally time for him to become an apprentice, something he'd been waiting what felt like a century for. He was still a kit in MoonClan, but he'd finally reached six moons old. He'd never told anyone, though he supposed that some suspected, that he had no desire whatsoever to be a warrior in the clan, he never had. Even when he was younger, and his siblings were tousling outside of the nursery to practice their fighting and hunting, he'd been digging up weeds and sneaking around in the Medicine Cat Den to familiarize himself with all of the scents, the plants and their uses.

He slowly lowered himself to the ground, eyes half-closed. His spotted fur was gleaming, he'd spent most of the morning grooming himself until he shone, but his brothers were fighting nearby, snarling playfully as they rolled around and play-fought. He hissed in complaint when Thornkit shoved Tigerkit right into him, sending them both sprawling. "Watch it!" He complained, retreating from them and looking at his now-dusty coat, shaking it out. He sighed, sitting back and starting to groom himself once again.

"What's your problem?" Tigerkit asked, watching him absently.

"I think our apprentice ceremony will be today." Leafkit insisted. He'd been saying the same thing every day since they'd become six moons old, but he believed it more and more each day.

"Sure it will." Tigerkit muttered, and sprang at Thornkit to resume the fight. Leafkit ignored them, finishing his grooming before prancing toward the Medicine Cat den, unsure if Calmbreeze would be there. He hadn't gone in there while the medicine cat was working before, he didn't want to get in the way. Very hesitantly, struggling to make no noise at all, he stepped in, inhaling the scents of all of the plants mingling.

Mentions: inkling inkling - Calmbreeze

Deerpaw pondered what spots near the Moonclan border were the best for cat mint while Mapletail did her business with Sharptalon. By the time she had planned out some spots in her head, sweet Forestpelt came over to join their patrol.

"How them kits doing in there?", Deerpaw asked Forespelt playfully, coming over and inspecting her flank as if she could see them.

"Right...hmm...I have some bad news. They're going to be quite the misbehaved kits, yes ma'am. Definitely not because of my influence, surely," Deerpaw joked, swishing her tail about mischievously.

HollowClan
Specklepaw

Specklepaw slowly left the Apprentice den, blinking the sleep from her eyes. She scanned the clearing around her until she saw her mentor, Sharptalon, conversing with another cat. Since privacy wasn't something she every really thought about, she walked briskly toward him, pausing when she recognized the other cat. Their leader. Well... Whoops

"Sharptalon?" She asked hesitantly, ducking her head in respect to the leader and deputy. She felt incredibly lucky to have Sharptalon as her mentor, the deputy of Hollowclan, strong and brave. He'd taught her a lot already, and she was in no rush to become a Warrior and lose his guidance. "Can we go hunting today?" She asked hopefully. She didn't mind training to fight, but he was so serious about it, like he expected MoonClan to attack at any second and kill them all.​
Thanatos Thanatos

Honeyfur

Honeyfur finished grooming her multicolored fur, shaking it out absently. She hadn't been assigned or invited on a patrol, so she figured she'd just go out for a hunt herself. It was times such as that one that she wished she had an apprentice, though she doubted she'd get one any time soon. Beyond the fact that she was still quite young, she wasn't the best fighter. Most kits wanted to learn how to fight, and she didn't want to disappoint them. Perhaps it was better that she didn't mentor anyone.

By herself, she strode out of the camp, purring slightly at the warm feeling of the sun on her fur. She set off at a brisk walk until she was far enough away from the camp to be filled with the scents of the forest and nothing more, alone with her thoughts. She fell into her hunter's crouch when she smelled a rabbit, a mouthwatering smell. She crept forward silently until she saw it, and her eyes widened. Clearly, the rabbit didn't suffer from hunger, it was huge. Which meant it was slow, and therefore an easy catch. She continued sneaking forward until she'd gotten close enough and sprang, her claws sinking into it. She nipped its spine lightly, making it fall limp, and she straightened triumphantly. The rabbit could feed two elders, easily. Her best catch ever.

RainClan
Russetfur

Russetfur stood silently, his tail wrapped neatly around his paws as he stared around the camp. The fresh kill pile could use some stocking, that would be his goal. He strode out confidently, not waiting for anyone to join him. His limbs ached slightly, but that was to be expected. He was getting older, he knew it would happen eventually. He wasn't at the point where becoming an Elder was an option, nor an idea he entertained for even a second, but he was old. His muzzle was slowly lightening, and within a year, it would likely be gray. Such was the circle of life.

He walked out of the camp, blinking in the brightness of the sun, and immediately inhaled the scents around him. Mostly cats, which was to be expected so close to the camp. He kept walking until he was further out, trying once again and falling into a crouch when he scented a mouse. He lunged the instant he saw it, snarling in dismay when he fell just barely short. The rodent started running immediately, Russetfur at his heels until he lunged once again, just barely catching it and killing it. He inspected his kill triumphantly, and his tail drooped. A sickly, thin mouse that would barely feed a kit. He sighed quietly, burying it and continuing to hunt.​

Sharptalon

Sharptalon looked over at the two cats approaching him, and sighed inwardly. The work of a deputy was never finished. "No, I want Forestpelt leading the patrol, she needs the experience. Find another cat to accompany you." He said, looking over at Forestpelt as she was walking out. "Forestpelt! You have to bring other cats with you!" He called after her before turning his gaze to Specklepaw.

"Fine. But tomorrow, we're training. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't make it any less important." He warned, knowing exactly how she felt about his battle training. "Come on. If we catch enough to feed the Elders and Queens, you can eat something while we're out there." He told her, leading her out of camp and a decent distance away before sitting. "Look for scents, and tell me what's there." He said quietly, looking around. The majority of the scents were cat, but there were more. A very overpowering smell of thrush, which informed him that there was a nest somewhere nearby. While he waited for her response, he looked for it without moving, eventually spotting it near the roots of a tree, where a small hole was. That was the best bet.
Cthulu Cthulu inkling inkling CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Last edited:

• 8132b0d992523d638ff297d4f18856f4.jpg

Forestpelt: Hollowclan warrior
    location: Hollowclan camp with: Mapletail CallmeMyth CallmeMyth ,
    Deerpaw MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado

Forestpelt turned to the mischievous apprentice with a playful glint in her eyes. "Who told you that? Did you get a vision from Starclan?" she swatted at the apprentice with claws sheathed, purring in amusement. "Hopefully by the time they're born you will have matured. Then they can be just like you." Forestpelt's tone was one of obvious joking. Admittedly, she would love for her kits to be like Deerpaw, as the apprentice was always keeping everyone on their toes. As exhausting as a playful and adventurous litter of kits would potentially be, that would make Forestpelt very happy--because that would mean they were healthy. The only real wish Forestpelt had for her kits was their health. She just hoped she would be able to properly provide for them in these times.

She made a couple more playful nudges towards Deerpaw as she considered the patrol, her mind eventually wandering again to her family. She mused over the thought of Nightstar one day meeting her kits with a wistful look on her face. She prayed to Starclan that they wouldn't be meeting over a war. Forestpelt almost couldn't bear to think of it.

Leafkit

Leafkit jumped a foot in the air, his tail fluffing and a surprised hiss leaving his mouth. A small yarrow leaf was stuck to his muzzle, but he didn't seem to notice. "Uh... I was just..." He trailed off, his voice an octave higher than usual as he backed into the corner, pure guilt on his young face. "Memorizing the scents of the herbs." He said, as quietly and incoherently as he could, his tail between his legs. "I know I'm not supposed to be in here, but..." He added, unsure of how to finish that sentence. He wasn't supposed to be in there, it was pretty simple. Nobody wanted the kits causing trouble.

"I want to be a medicine cat." He said quietly, the first time he'd told anyone. "But I haven't asked Birdstar yet, and I'm worried she'll say no." He added, sitting down hesitantly. His once clean fur had been dirtied once again, this time with dust, a cobweb on his flank, and small shreds of leaves. "But I know all of the herbs, and what they do, what they look like, what they smell like. I could help you." He added excitedly. Even if she said no, at least he'd portrayed interest. Maybe she'd say yes, maybe she actually wanted an apprentice. The thought made his tail twitch with excitement, his eyes widen hopefully as he looked up at the medicine cat.

Mapletail

black-white.jpg

"Yes, Sharptalon." Mapletail replied to the deputy, bowing her head in respect. Since he had refused to allow Forestpelt to join them, she assumed that she and Deerpaw would have to patrol the MoonClan border by themselves, since every other warrior was busy. Since Deerpaw was still only an apprentice, she felt that she would be more comfortable if at least one other warrior tagged along. However, she had taught her apprentice well and now the young she-cat would have a chance to show off her training. She pricked her ears as Deerpaw spoke to Forestpelt, listening in on their conversation. She was surprised to overhear that the she-cat was expecting kittens soon, and as she took a closer look she realized that Forestpelt's belly was beginning to bulge a bit. It had been difficult to notice with her pelt of long fur, and she was surprised that her apprentice had noticed. "Congratulations, Forestpelt." Mapletail purred. "You could have made a fine medicine cat, Deerpaw. Your insight is better than most apprentice's. " Mapletail told her. "Don't let the compliment go to your head, though." She teased the young apprentice. Mapletail wondered who the lucky tom was that had sired Forestpelt's kits. She decided she would ask Forestpelt at another time, but for now she had a mission to do. "Let's go, Deerpaw." She spoke, motioning with her tail for Deerpaw to follow. "Good luck patrolling the AirClan border." She told Forestpelt, before heading off in the direction of the river.
Dapplepaw

61bc8256579ee7ee348273de626bd4cc.jpg

Dapplepaw stood next to Ashclaw as she waited for her mentor to lead the patrol to the HollowClan border. As they waited for Redthorn's reply, Dapplepaw watched as Ashclaw gave orders to the group he had gathered together for the hunting squad. Their leader Nightstar approached, and began speaking to the deputy. Dapplepaw wondered what their leader could want, as she tried in vain not to eavesdrop on her superior's conversation.

Nightstar

16defd6ea4a3a8d0e30801a446af0c69.jpg

"Ashclaw." Nightstar spoke as he padded toward the deputy, trying to gain the deputy's attention before he left to patrol the HollowClan border. "I will accompany the hunting squad." He told him. Ashclaw simply nodded his head in agreement. Nightstar took his place among the other warriors, as all three groups headed out. As they ran through the forest toward the hunting grounds, Nightstar's mind wandered back to his earlier concerns. He wondered how fruitful their hunt today would be, and he could only hope that StarClan would grant them a successful one. Perhaps the shortage of prey truly was only his imagination...
Logo Logo (Redthorn)​

Last edited:
Honeyfur

Honeyfur caught two mice along with her rabbit, and was about to dig it up and head back to camp when she scented cats approaching, and paused. After a beat, she left her prey buried and jogged toward the scents, pausing when she saw Mapletail and her apprentice.

"Are you two on patrol alone?" She asked curiously, tilting her head slightly as she approached them.​
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth . MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado

Specklepaw

Specklepaw followed Sharptalon immediately, thrilled that he'd given in and let them go hunting instead of training. She sat beside him and inhaled deeply, trying to distinguish the different scents. Mostly, the smell of the forest, the tantalizing scent of freedom. A lot of cat scent. But below all that, a scent she recognized, that Sharptalon had pointed out to her before. "Thrush." She said after a moment, twitching her tail in pride. She looked around, knowing that thrushes nested on the ground.

"The nest is right there. I think." She said, looking at the hole in the roots of the tree nearby.
Thanatos Thanatos

a61948_da58399ce17b4c06a3385f665c3ebb02.jpg_srz_415_492_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Redthorn

Feeling: Average

"Obviously." Redthorn grunted in reply to the deputy as they began walking out of the camp and deeper into Moonclan territory. As Nightstar joined the patrol she slowed her pace so she was now in the back of the group. She would have much rather been in the lead but the she-cat decided not to challenge the deputy and the leader just to lead a small patrol. Plus, being in the back meant that she'd be at a greater risk of a sneak attack instead of say Dapplepaw. "Where will we be headin'?" Redthorn called ahead as she looked over their surroundings.
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Ravenpaw
"Sometimes words hit harder than actions"

20b43dd693c00ee490d15f498ad70279.jpg

Ravenpaw stood quietly for a moment with her blue eyes barely blinking as she focused on the white fur in front of her. "hmmm...." she thought out loud as she continued to process her thoughts. "I did say something like that didn't I?" she smirked, but clearly had not forgotten. She liked to play as if it was such an uninterested task that she had simply pushed it from her mind as a way of teasing. "Well, I guess I do not have anything better to do, so this will be fine," she started to head out the den into the light that now shone into the camp.

"Come on, Snow fluff," she called. "We might as well get going before the sun gets too high and Wavepaw insist on going," she looked over her shoulder quickly before completely leaving the den

Clan
Rainclan

Interactions
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Deerpaw giggled and took Forestpelt's swat."Such a high bar has been set! See ya, Forestpelt!," Deerpaw called happily, following after her mentor. She couldn't wait til the kits came around, there could be so much more trouble to get into. Deerpaw purred at her mentor's compliment, shrugging her shoulders."A medicine cats job is only fun when it comes to messing around with plants. The whole other mess with organizing the den and poking around in gross wounds? No thanks," she said, smirking and waving her tail as Honeyfur approached.

"Don't even bother going to Sharptalon, just tag along with us," Deerpaw whispered eagerly.

Sharptalon

Sharptalon's tail twitched slightly, and he nodded in approval. "Good job." He meowed, proud of his apprentice. She'd make an excellent warrior. Most apprenticeships lasted anywhere from 6-12 moons, and she'd only been training for six, but he wouldn't hesitate to advise Birdstar to have her warrior's ceremony sooner rather than later. While her fighting lacked true passion, she was a gifted hunter, and would be a true gift to the clan.

"Why don't we clean out that nest and then go back, find another warrior, and start a patrol? The fresh-kill pile is lacking." He advised, flicking the tip of his tail against her spine. "You're doing very well, Specklepaw." He praised, creeping toward the nest. He'd let her take the lead on the nest, it was her find.
Cthulu Cthulu

Specklepaw

Specklepaw purred when he complimented her, and followed him silently toward the nest. She could hear the thrushes moving around inside. She crouched just outside the nest and flashed a paw in, feeling something soft and hooking it out, nipping the spine of the bird. She did it thrice more, picking up two of the birds by their tails and standing proudly.

"Okay." She said, her voice muffled by the feathers.​
Thanatos Thanatos
Honeyfur

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind..." Honeyfur said, cocking her head slightly. But she didn't intend on walking all the way back to camp just to ask permission to tag along with a hunting patrol, she'd done it before. "Where are you heading?" She asked, running her tongue over her ruffled chest fur. She didn't have much else to do, so hunting for a while sounded like a decent pastime.

Sharptalon

Sharptalon picked up the last thrushes and led his apprentice back to camp, dropping the birds on the fresh-kill pile. He cast a glance around the camp, seeing how few warriors were around. Most were likely out hunting. "Actually, why don't you take a break for the day?" He advised. "There's enough prey in the pile, you can take some to the elders and queens before eating." He said, nodding his head to her. "Good job today, Specklepaw. You're doing very well in your apprenticeship." He purred, lightly touching his nose to her ear. "Keep going at this rate, and your warrior ceremony will be in no time."​
Cthulu Cthulu

Ashclaw

623dbde85b2e3eceb7fc4bc8576ac8b6.jpg

"We're headed to the river." Ashclaw replied, in response to Redthorn's question. The river was rather large, but calm in most places. However, it was still rather difficult to cross and served as a divide between MoonClan and HollowClan territory. Ashclaw in particular hated rivers. He much rather preferred the rough, rocky landscape that made up most of MoonClan territory. "We'll split up from here." He spoke to Nightstar, as well as his brother. Their leader gave a quick nod, running off toward the hunting grounds while leading his squad of three other warriors. Cloudpatch complied as well, leading his group as they headed off toward the mountain at the border between MoonClan and RainClan. Ashclaw looked behind him, noticing that Redthorn had taken position behind his young apprentice. Ashclaw focused his attention back to the path ahead, thinking to himself. While Redthorn was a grumpy old cat, she certainly was loyal to her clan and would do anything to protect her clan members. That, he thought, was one thing the two of them had in common, and he respected the old she-cat for that. As they approached the river, the sight of the bridge ahead came into view. Monsters used the bridge to travel across the river. The roaring beasts could be seen every now and again, passing over the bridge and along the large thunderpath that led into HollowClan. He could hear the flow of the water as they made it to the border. There were no other cats nearby, at least not for now. He knew the HollowClan cats would be beginning their dawn patrols any time now, and so he expected they would be patrolling the opposite side of the river shortly. He drew in the scents around him, marking the edge of the river as usual before suddenly noticing an unfamiliar scent. HollowClan cats. Only...the scent was on their side of the river! Ashclaw's gaze narrowed. What incentive could HollowClan cats have for crossing the river into MoonClan territory? Ashclaw expected some sort of explanation.

MuskyMuscovado MuskyMuscovado Logo Logo
Nightstar

16defd6ea4a3a8d0e30801a446af0c69.jpg

Splitting apart from Ashclaw's group, Nightstar and his squad made their way to a thick forested area where they would hopefully find some prey to bring back to the clan. Nightstar slowed his pace, quieting his pawsteps as he sunk low to the ground. His ears pricked, listening for any sounds of animals nearby. The other three warriors did the same, and Nightstar swished his tail as a sign for the four of them to spread out. As the other warriors stalked off, Nightstar found his way through the forest until he came upon the scent of rabbit. Fresh, from the smell of it. He swiveled his ears as the faint sound of rustling caught his attention, and his eyes focused in the direction the sound had came from. He pressed his large body to the ground, bunching the muscles in his hind legs while trying to remain hidden as best as possible. The rabbit suddenly hopped out of the shrubbery in front of him, in plain view. It was apparent that it was not aware of his presence. He took a pawstep forward, his hind quarters shaking from side to side as he prepared to spring. The rabbit's ears turned in his direction, and in that brief moment the rabbit became aware of the danger and attempted to dart away. However, it was too late. Nightstar leapt from his position, his large paws coming down upon the creature and preventing it's escape. His sharp claws hooked into the soft fur of the animal, and with one swift bite to it's neck the hunt was over. The rabbit wiggled in his grip for a few moments, before growing still. Nightstar stood up, thanking StarClan for the animal's life. He felt relieved that he had found some prey. This would help feed the clan, for which he was happy. He waited as the other warriors returned, but was taken back as he noticed that none but one of them had captured any prey. "Your hunts were unsuccessful?" He asked the two warriors who had not brought back any prey. The two warriors bowed their heads in apology. Nightstar's feeling of triumph at the success of his own catch was soon overtaken by a feeling of dread. Could this be a sign? He prayed to StarClan that they would not allow their clan to grow hungry.

Mapletail

black-white.jpg

Mapletail spotted another cat ahead of them, and for a moment Mapletail was on her guard in case she needed to protect Deerpaw. However, she quickly made out the other cat to be Honeyfur, one of the other warriors from HollowClan. The she-cat asked whether the two of them were on patrol alone, although it was more of an observation than a question. "Yes, we are." Mapletail replied. Deerpaw spoke to the she-cat quietly, although Mapletail could easily hear what her apprentice was saying. "Come on, Deerpaw. We cant bother Honeyfur to accompany us on the trip. I'm sure she's pretty bus-" She started, before she heard Honeyfur say that she wouldnt mind tagging along. "You're welcome to join us, then." She told her. She then led the way toward the river. As they approached the border, a group of MoonClan cats came into view. One was a rather large tom, with a strangely colored pelt that was flecked with patches of black fur. The other was a much older feline, who appeared to be past the common age for a warrior. The last member of their group was a small tortoiseshell cat, most likely an apprentice. There was nothing peculiar about the young cat, except for the strange markings on her face. One side of the apprentice's face was black, while the other was orange. Mapletail halted, not sure how to approach the situation. The river divided the two groups of felines, and so there didn't appear to be any danger. Just then, the large black and white speckled tom yowled. His voice traveled across the river. Mapletail immediately felt alert, and she couldnt prevent the fur on her back from prickling down her spine. The MoonClan cat seemed to be demanding an explanation from the HollowClan cats about their scent being on MoonClan's side of the border. Mapletail wasnt sure what was going on, or how to respond. She hoped to avoid a fight with the MoonClan cats if at all possible.

Logo Logo Cthulu Cthulu
Windstep

TCfeline_Introduction_Malaki-with-juvenile-Robin-prey-caught-in-the-cat-enclosure.jpg

Clan: AirClan

Windstep awoke from his burrow, as light filtered inside from above. Dawn had peaked some time ago, and he made his way out into the open air before finding his way through camp. The patrols were probably forming already, he assumed. He made his way to the leader's den to receive his orders, which is where he found Wildstar sitting on the rather large hill that overlooked the clan. He walked over to him, admiring the beauty of the fields below as he meowed a greeting to his old friend. "Good morning, you old rascal." He spoke. Before Wildstar had become leader, the two of them used to chase she-cats together and wander away from the clan to explore the territory beyond. Once, they even went as far as the two-leg farm together. Those were the days. Now Wildstar was very busy, but Windstep still enjoyed the company of the aging warrior.
DemonKitten DemonKitten

Last edited:
Birdstar

Orange-Turkish-Angora-Cat-Sitting.jpg

Feeling: Relaxed

Going out to hunt with her deputy had apparently been exactly what Birdstar needed to wake up. She had remained groggy and nearly unresponsive through the entire trip, going so far as to be almost separated from the rest of the patrol, but when she returned to camp on her own with two mice in her jaws and a vole under her chin, Birdstar was finally starting to take in her surroundings properly. It was amazing she was even able to catch this much prey in her groggy state, but the leader chalked it up to years of experience.

Dropping the prey off at the fresh kill pile, she lifted her eyes to glance at the mid-morning sun. Looking about, Birdstar picked up one of the mice she had caught and stepped a few good tail lengths away before beginning to eat. The apprentices would take care of feeding the elders and queens. Besides, there would be plenty of fresh kill with almost everyone out and about this morning.

Even before Deerpaw could even begin to think about where she could find some cat mint near the river, the apprentice heard a menacing shout from across the river on Moonclan's side. Looking to Mapletail, the apprentice saw her stiffen and bristle. Deerpaw instantly unsheathed her claws, standing tall and puffing herself out as she drew herself up beside her mentor to face the cats at the riverside.

"I'd like to see them accuse us of anything," she hissed lowly, glaring ahead at the cats across the water.

Seeing Mapletail react like that set the young cat off. She knew Mapletail was a very capable warrior, but having to deal with a conflict with two obviously seasoned warriors from a different clan, with herself held responsible for the outcome for Hollowclan, made even Deerpaw nervous.

She stayed close to her mentor, supporting her as they drew closer to the cats opposite the water.

a61948_da58399ce17b4c06a3385f665c3ebb02.jpg_srz_415_492_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Redthorn

Feeling: Suspicious

Redthorn nodded in agreement about splitting up. All the prey will get scared away if go loping about all clumped together. She remained in the rear of their now smaller group and occasionally tossed her attention to the sides and behind them in search of anything threatening. There was nothing that caught her eye but it was the scent in the air that made her hackles rise. Redthorn didn't need to take another sniff to realize which rival clan had left their stench on Moonclan territory as they were already at the Hollowclan border.
She could feel a low growl rumbling harshly in her throat but she forced it away because in her time as a warrior and even as a warrior in training she had seen many misunderstanding. Still, there had to be a good reason for their reek on the wrong side of the border and she would hear it. Redthorn slid past Dapplepaw and stood tall beside Ashclaw. "They better have a good reason." She grunted to the deputy then went silent for the others reply.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back