• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Warring Kingdoms RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

mikyuu

nothing special
chinese-style-fantasy-art-asian-architecture-town-horse-general-1920x1080-digital-artwork-house_art-china-architecture_apartment_small-apartment-interior-design-studio-dallas-district-apartments-how-t.jpg
~ ~
It’s the end of another era. The current emperors and empresses will step down their thrones tonight and pass them on to their heir. The city of Xinzhou is bussleing with life as people are going around setting up for the night and the official inauguration of the new rulers. All of the participants have arrived before hand already, preparing for whatever they plan to do during the energetic festival. Plenty of street vendors have already begun to sell their products to the arriving celebrators of the festival. People from all across the continent come to witness the changing of empires. Those who want to see change in their dynasty or those who want to simply enjoy the festivities all come to the festival. Right now the wave of festival participants coming into the city was small, but soon enough the mad rush to make it into the city before the gates close from reaching the maximum capacity in the city. Those who don’t like to crowds in the festival can witness the festival from afar from plains just outside the city.

While the festival is all about celebrations and happiness for a new era, there are those who want to take advantage of the situation. There are possible assassins lurking through the streets unnoticed by the crowdedness of the streets. The festival is heavily guarded but the stationed soldiers can only do so much will all the people in the huge city. Therefore most important figures will be accompanied by some form of bodyguard even if they can protect themselves. It’s extra precaution to take with so many people wandering around. Regardless of the potential dangers of the festival it wasn’t the time to worry and mope, it was time to celebrate the new start of the dynasties!

Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Last edited:
05d31ccf8d4af153632139417a42a171.jpg
Chikara Ichimoto
Ryujin Dynasty
Xinzhou- Governor's Estate

The streets are full of bustling residents and visitors alike today. Vendors have set up shop selling all kinds of knick-knacks and street food, or simply putting together games. The air is filled with laughter with smiles all around. It is the end of an era, and the beginning of a new age. It is the Coronation Festival; but in the northern part of a city lies a quiet walled off estate. It is the Governor's palace, which the royal family of the Ryujin Dynasty is staying for the festival. And again in a small dressing room sits the soon to be Empress of the Ryujin Dynasty, Chikara Ichimoto.
"Ouch!" Chikara whines. "Not so rough mother." She says to the woman standing behind her combing her hair.
"Hush now daughter. The Heiress to the throne must look their best for the coronation." The mother smirks as she combs though another knot pulling a little bit of hair.
"Ahhg! Enough of this." Chikara snapped as she stood up and faced her mother. Chikara was wearing a her royal dress made specifically for the coronation. It was of her Families colors, purple and gold. She also was wearing her hair in a bun so when the time came, they could put the tiara on her. Chikara started walking towards the door.
"Mother I've had enough of this. I have been cooped up in here all day reciting my lines and preparing for the coronation. I am goi-"
"I forbid It!"
Chikara's mother cut her off. "It is to dangerous and I've put to much work into making you look decent for once to allow you to.. to, to ruin it!" She said flustered
"Mother I am no child."
"But your acting like one." The Mother quickly retorted. Chikara frowned and within the blink of an eye, opened the door quickly and and jumped on the other side, quickly taking off her dress. She then grabbed her other clothes left by the door (a white kimono coat and a red Hakama) and put it on in a kind of half running half jumping manner. As she was finishing up her mother opened the door to the room Chikara just left and pointed at the floor in front of her.
"You come back here right this instant missy!" She yelled. But as soon as Chikara was done changing she ran full speed out the palace though the porch and jumping onto the grass of the garden yelling, "Byeee Mooom! I'll see you at the coronation this evening!"

Xinzhou- Streets and Market

'Freedom never smelled this good!' Chikara thought running thought the streets of the city. She raised her arms in the air and laughed. She slowed her pace as she though that she put enough distance between her and the estate giving her ample time to find a disguise before the guards showed up. But as she looked around she notices she was getting stares.
'Crap. To many people are recognizing me.' She thought. She quickly looked for a stand selling masks and the such. Chikara walked to the very edge of the street to avoid stares and looked about for vendors, using the smell of delicious food to guide her. And soon her diligence pays off as she found one of many market squares. The Square has a fountain in the middle that is surrounded by many wooden vendors and tents. It is a crowded place with many wealthy people strewn about walking and going about their business. Chikara melds into the crowds, sneaking to each vendor she needs a item from for her disguise. First she grabs a Kitsune mask and then putting down a gold coin. She does the same for a straw hat and a fan. Before long she looks like just another costumed festival goer and melds into the crowds having fun.

mikyuu mikyuu
animegirl20 animegirl20
Raven Queen Raven Queen

Attachments

• 1a5b6eb5a7989e838cf158cc8768beb0.jpg
    1a5b6eb5a7989e838cf158cc8768beb0.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 5cfabefdfae83182110c08253f915bcb.jpg
    5cfabefdfae83182110c08253f915bcb.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
  • eaa9adf8c3406b9333e5072497bcf335.jpg
    eaa9adf8c3406b9333e5072497bcf335.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Ina-sw2.jpgChika finished getting dressed then headed outside as she called out to her mother and father. "I'm heading out see you guys later!" She then quickly left heading down to the festival. Normally on days like this the temple would be busy but since this was a coronation her mother decided to open the temple like it usually was. Her and Chika's father would head to the festival and enjoy themselves. Chika was in a bit of a rush. She was suppose to be meeting Chikara and she was a little bit late. "Mother jus had to make dress up. When she finally made it she looked around and then realized she had no idea what Chikara was wearing. She assume she was probably in disguise. "Let's see...." She looked around the crowed and her eyes spotted someone wearing a Kitsune mask and a straw hat. It looked like her figure.....Chika walked up behind the girl. "Chikara? Is that you?"
MsPolite MsPolite

Attachments

• High-Fashion-Purple-Japanese-Style-Women-Kimono-Traditional-Yukata-With-Obi-Vintage-Evening-Dr...jpg
    High-Fashion-Purple-Japanese-Style-Women-Kimono-Traditional-Yukata-With-Obi-Vintage-Evening-Dr...jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1
Rui Ieyasu
Ogawa Chi. General.
[class=information]opacity:0;text-align:center;font-family:Open Sans; font-size:0.8em;transition:all 0.5s linear;background:#fff;color:#222;][/class][class name=information state=hover]opacity:0.8;[/class][div class=information]

With: Jian ( Fluxbauble Fluxbauble )

Mentions: Goro ( Raven Queen Raven Queen )

The street's of Ryujin Dynasty's biggest city roared like the waterfalls back home. The streets were bustling with stalls that sold delicacies, hosted mini games for children, and even tents for a cheeky drink in the daylight. The sun had yet to reach it's peak and the whole city was out and about. And Rui was no exception. It was a special occasion after all. Everyone is celebrating something that doesn't occur annually, it was much more rare and important. It was a start of a new era. The coronation of the new rulers in all three dynasties. "Here's a candy apple for ya, miss." The older man chirped passing the young lady a sweetened apple.

"Thank you!" Rui chirped, a wide grin on her face as she took a big chomp of the dessert. She was assigned to guard the emperor during the ceremony, but she wasn't needed until the evening. Her hips swayed merrily as she walked down the endless row of stalls. The sun shone brilliantly, the rays reflecting against the water's surface like little diamonds. Children giggled, their parents taking it easy. It sure was a good day to be king. As Rui wondered if she should sneak Goro out to the streets tonight, she saw a familiar face. The one man who could hold his drink like her-- Jian.

A smirk pulled the corner of her lips and she went up to him, swinging her arm around his neck in a lazy choke hold. "Fancy seeing you here! Shouldn't you be getting the soldiers ready? Tightening security and whatnot?" She teased, "Oh wait, that's my job."

"Nevermind that! Let's enjoy the festival, shall we?"

inspired by southside | contains hidden scroll
[/div]

Last edited:
01a3c785c69486f30fdbee42f4788a36--dynasty-warriors-gan-ning.jpg Jian wandering the streets of Xinzhou for today was a day of celebration. For today a festival was to be held. And not just any festival either. Today was the The New Emperor’s Festival. Probably the biggest event in anyone's life regardless of your station or upbringing. Tonight the three dynasties, Ryujin, Shu, and Ogawa-chi, will gather together in peace and the currently leaders will be passing down their legacy on to their heirs for the world to see. It only happens once every 35 years so the people here in Xinzhou really go all out. The streets were lined with vendors of every sort. The smell of freshly steam bao, grilled pork, and beef skewers was enough to make any man hungry. And that was only just the base of the culinary mountain that Jian was itching to climb.

"Ah Brother Jian! Come here you have to try this!" A soldier cried out. Jian made his way to the stall that the soldier was going on about. "Well what do we have here? Smells good that much I can tell." The dish was a staple festival food within the Ogawa-Chi dynasty, Zongzi or Rice Dumplings. "These are amazing Brother Jian. You gotta try one. They have both sweet and savory ones!" Jian laughed at the man's enthusiasm. It was good to see even soldiers wind down every now and again. "Well then don't mind if I do." Jian took one of the dumplings for himself out of the soldiers hands and took a bite. The soft rice intermingled with the sweetness of the filling. Jian's expression lit up as he looked down at the dumpling's filling. Red bean paste. He should've guessed being in the Ryujin area. Place was perfect for plant cultivation. "Vendor I'll take 2 sweet and 2 savory ones please. Surprise me with whats inside them." The vendor smiled and nodded and started gathering up the dumplings.

Jian wasted no time finishing the one in his hand. The soldier, surprised at first just turned around and ordered another one. Jian stopped him and told the vendor to add it to his order. He wanted to at the very least pay the soldier back for telling him about this stall and for letting him eat his dumpling. With the dumplings all neatly wrapped in the bamboo leaves he hands one of them to the soldier and take the rest for himself before waving farewell. "Now where can a guy get a drink around here?" He pondered. Suddenly an arm wrapped around his neck and a familiar voiced rang in his ear. "Fancy seeing you here! Shouldn't you be getting the soldiers ready? Tightening security and whatnot? Oh wait, that's my job." It was General Rui Ieyasu. A woman who could actually keep up with Jian when it came to drinking. "Nevermind that! Let's enjoy the festival, shall we?" Jian had no objections. If anyone knew where to find the best drinks it was Rui. "Well it must be my lucky day. I was just about to go fetch a drink and find a nice spot to eat these in peace. But if you're here then that means I can get the best drinks in town!"
RI.a RI.a

Shugoki.pngFatsamurai wip6.jpg
With such a big celebration, it would be very informal for the highest political figures not to show up. One of course being Cao Liu. He wouldn't be alone though. Along side him was the elephant in the room. Well, more like a pride of elephants. Surrounding him was the Kurutta Rainosu, the Mad Rhinos battalion of the Shu Dynasty. What better to protect a high value target than with a wall of meat. Very tough meat. At the front of it all stood the horned beast himself, Damen Raisugado. Any eyes shooting a look in their direction would be met with a blazing glaze and a grunt from the moab.

"Don't worry your highness, my men and I will make sure you're safer than a egg under a very irritated mama chicken."

Him and a couple men laughed at the silly simile. One of the men stashed a bit of alcohol along the ride. As it got passed down it eventually found its way to Damen. He looked at the bottle and slapped his ally on the back of the head.
"Are you stupid?!"

But after looking back to make sure Cao wasn't looking, Damen took the opportunity to take the physical and metaphorical mask off to take a quick swig. Very strong stuff! Damen let out a deep breath and a hearty laugh before passing it on. Interactions: mikyuu mikyuu
png-divider-lines-tiny-edge-line-decorative-divider-png-512 (1).png
image (4).png

After noticing a bit of commotion outside the center of the Ryujin Dynasty, Zhencha decided to investigate. Oh! Must be the inauguration ceremony. Well, when in Rome. Zhencha roamed through the bustling event. It was quite the sight. How long had it been since he'd seen such a large gathering? Zhencha has taken part of many festivals a year, but never something quite this big. Why not join in on a bit of fun? While there he did a bit of dancing, mock duels, and splurging.
Being at these kinds of events would almost make you forget you're basically homeless. All that mattered was that you were enjoying yourself, and Zhencha was enjoying every little bit. It'd been hours now, and Zhencha was starving. Well, more than usual. A lot of the vendors either sold over priced food, garbage, or over priced garbage. After a bit of searching he found a smaller booth selling freshly made shish kabobs. After a quick look at the meat, he could instantly tell this was as fresh as it could get. Right off the farm and the butchering block. There was even a young man in the back preparing the meat!
"Two, please." He requested of the vendor.
When the man told Zhencha the price, he reached down into his bag and checked how much he had. A frown overcame his face. Not today. Funds were low since he'd been lazy when it came to looking for jobs. With disappointment in his voice, he changed the request.
"Never mind, just one..." Zhencha mumbled.
It was very embarrassing to have to ration yourself like a poor man. Not to mention the embarrassment of essentially saying I don't have money. This was only a problem for Zhencha because a lot of the time he really did have no money. Interactions: [OPEN]

• Cao Liu31DE0AE7-C31C-443A-ABC9-EE7DECF584E2.jpeg
    Interacting : Damen Probably George Probably George
    Mention : Satoru Abendrot Abendrot
    Cao stepped out of his carriage into the bustling city of Xinzhou. He ran his pale hand through his slightly disheveled hair. Light bags hung under his tired eyes, he hadn’t gotten any rest over the carriage ride. He exhaled am exhausted sigh, this was going to be a long long day. The city hadn’t reached its peak operation hours during the festival and it was already crowded everywhere. People swarmed around the small food stands selling all sorts of delicacies from all three dynasties. But crowds always brought danger. For all he knew the traitors in the Shu court could have planned some sort of assassination to place his little sister Lian onto the throne. She wouldn’t be ready for that at all. She knew basic ruling politics, but she was by no means familiar with them. It would be like feeding her to the wolves, her delicate mind set wouldn’t be able to take it at all. He needed to protect her from that. She’s already run away from the mess of politics right now, so who knows how she would feel if she were forced to stay and rule the throne. Lian would be nothing more than a puppet empress for the traitors to manipulate and use to get their way in policies.

As he walked out of his carriage one of the Officers who was assigned for his protection spoke to him. Almost like reading his thoughts, he reassured Cao. He knew the hunk of a man by Damen, he was a very outspoken fellow within the Officer ranks. It was actually quite pleasant of him to act the way he did, making Cao forget about the pressing duties of imperial life and widdle down to that of a fellow soldier. Sometimes he'd wish that he wasn't born into royalty and could simply live in one of the tree line villages and have the lifestyle of a commoner. Though of course he had no control over such a hand in fate. With the life he has he'd live it to the fullest he could, he had a wonderful sister and mother who he'd protect till the end of the world. He wasn't the type of person for sentimentals, but if he'd manage to see Lian here he might accidently engulf her in an embrace. He knew she'd come even if she'd run away with the exact reason to escape from politics. The two shared too close of a bond to have it break over such a feeble thing. She'd want to see him be officially crowned, and not through make believe inaugurations with flower crowns. Nonetheless he gave Damen the best smile he could muster in his exhausted state at his joke, Cao knew he only had the best intentions for him. He noticed the jug of liquor that had found its way to Damen, he laughed quietly to himself as the huge man exclaimed about how stupid it was to drink when on duty. He turned his attention away, fully knowing that Damen would probably take a huge swig when his back was turned. Cao's known him for long enough to know how exactly he behaves.

"I shall go rest a bit in the hotel. Please send General Nagano to my quarters, there are matters I need to speak with him about." Cao instructed, mostly aiming his request towards the Officers. He knew that everyone would eventually spread off into the festival, but he need make sure of a few things before he could completely relax. Actually, he wouldn't ever completely rest until the traitors to the throne were weeded out. Until all those involved in his father's death were completely wiped, he wouldn't rest. Plus who know what they've planned, Cao has already speculated they may try an assassination attempt during the festival tonight through all the ruckus in the streets. There would be too much confusion and people for anyone to figure out who had struck, therefore he needed to be prepared. Satoru has been a great help in this internal investigation with him, his son Kotaro was an extremely skillful ninja who has also been very helpful. Once this whole investigation was over, he'd need to greatly reward Satoru and his son for their help. It'd probably be some sort of money reward but money has short in the dynasty recently... But now wasn't the time for moping over financial issues, it was a time of celebration. Cao needed to keep his eyes peeled for his sister who was most definitely here as well. Maybe he'll loosen up a bit and share a drink or two with fellow members of his army.

Last edited:
[class=bg] padding: 50px 0; width: 100%; background-image: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nxxh8as88lz0nrx/00.Lines.png'); background-color: #f6f6f6; font-size: initial; [/class] [class=right] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px; width: 100%; max-width: 850px; background: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; [/class] [class=basicimagewrap] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuswrap2] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=leftfocus2] float: left; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-left: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=rightfocus2] float: right; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-right: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuscolumn2] width: 50px; height: 50px; [/class] [class=basicimage] display: inline-block; margin: 25px; width: calc(100% - 50px); height: 300px; background: url('https://imgur.com/qvowve2.jpg') no-repeat center; background-size: 900px 300px; [/class] [class=header] width: 100%; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase; font-variant-caps: normal; font-size: 2.2em; line-height: 80%; color: #444444; text-align: center; [/class] [class=subheader] margin-top: 4px; width: 100%; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: .8em; line-height: 80%; color: #999999; text-align: center; [/class] [class=box] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 50px; padding: 25px 20px; width: 100%; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: .9em; line-height: 125%; color: #444444; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class=bg] [div class=right] [div class=contentwrap] [div class=basicimagewrap] [div class=focuswrap2] [div class=leftfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [div class=rightfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=basicimage] [/div] [/div]
[div class=header] ayanokouji hanae;
[div class=subheader] spilt water will not return to the tray [/div] [/div] [div class=basicsR] [div class=box] Amethyst eyes carefully observed each of the faces passing by. They were back in Xinzhou, his hometown. If it weren’t for the festivities held here, he doubted he would have ever passed half a step past the city’s gates ever again. His vigilance, however, was attributed more so due to dancing right under their pursuers’ noses rather than the prospect of meeting an Ayanokouji. It was a risky move to watch Liu Cao’s crowning, yet various circumstances made even Hanae recognize the event as a “necessity.”

He briefly glanced back at his master to check on her status. Her face was...red? Following her line of sight, Hanae focused his view on a rather jovial pair. In spite of the red tinting Lian’s pale cheeks, her guard simply turned back to scanning their surroundings. “Jealous,” as people called it, was not a necessity here. What use was eating vinegar when all it was good for was in muddling judgement? Furthermore, the look on her face clearly conveyed that her interest was more in the interaction between the pair rather than the individuals themselves. Still, he found himself snapping his gaze back towards the princess upon hearing her awkward suggestion of “Let’s go drink!”

Hanae’s eye twitched. It wasn’t uncommon for him to allow himself to be dragged around by the princess’ whims. The matter at hand, however, involved liquor. Of all things, it had to be liquor, the poison that made him wish to bury himself six feet under. That damned Yamagami Ouya had always been so insistent when it came to drinking—until a certain incident which involved him forcing two jars too many. The redhead refused to speak of it even after their graduation (though he wore a shit-eating grin every time), and quite frankly, Hanae wasn’t too keen on finding out why. Either way, to drink until one was left in a wretched state, he would never understand why people would choose to torture themselves like so.

“My lady, I don’t think-” he cut off. Noting the attention Lian’s sudden proposition had garnered, the guard furtively shifted sideways to better cover her face from view. Once his gaze returned to his master, the words he had meant to continue with were lost in his throat. The longing (or was it worry?) painted on her visage forced a rare bout of hesitation to fester. His rationality gave a clear “no” as they were required to eliminate any risks of being discovered (sake included), yet the devil on his shoulder taunted him to give in. If it was just a little…

A barely audible sigh passed from Hanae’s lips. “If it is for the sake of festivities, I cannot see the harm.” However, as soon as those words were expressed, he added his conditions on with a mildly sharp tone. “But not without bearing in mind that we cannot afford to be careless.” His conditions were purposely vague in wording, but he was sure Lian would understand. Liu Cao had eyes and ears scattered around the city. One mistake (even if it was just drinking) would be enough for their presence to be discovered. [/div] [/div] [/div]
#liu lian
[/div] [/div]

悟 - Satoru
| Location: Xinzhou, Patriciate District|
| With: Kotaro|
| Mentions: Damen ( Probably George Probably George ), Cao Liu ( mikyuu mikyuu ) |
"Do we need to be up here at the front?" Kotaro whispered.
"If the Emperor demands it, yes." Satoru replied softly.

He and his son walked beside their liege's carriage. Behind them extended a grand procession: more than a hundred guardsmen waving Shu banners, dozens of servants and courtiers, and even scholar-gentlemen in litters to scribe accounts of the festivities. Satoru had only been to Xinzhou once in the past, when he was a youth in his father's personal guard. Now he returned, no longer as a boy, but as a trusted attendant of one of the most powerful men on the continent. Yes, things had changed for him.

"We should move back" implored Kotaro, as the carriage rolled to a stop.
"We are of rank enough to be here." said Satoru.
"I just don't want to talk about this out in the open."
Cao Liu stepped out of his carriage. He himself certainly looked the part in his feastday clothes, though he had taken to surrounding himself with Mad Rhinos, gargantuan warriors with arms thicker than tree trunks, more a crazed horde than a cohesive unit. Satoru divided his attention a million different ways, taking note of each member of Cao Liu's retinue. His mind and body were still heavy from the journey, though despite his tiredness, he kept a stony expression. Grey-haired and square-faced, few had ever called Nagano Satoru handsome. His nose was crooked from the number of times it'd been broken, and his features blocky instead of delicate. It was a warrior's face.

"You wanted to say something, son?" asked Satoru softly.
"It's just that... why would the Emperor call us to investigate something like this? What does he hope to find by looking into a..." Kotaro trailed off as he slowly came to a relization "...he still thinks people are trying to kill him, isn't he?"
Satoru nodded. Liu Cao's nervousness -- paranoia, even -- regarding assassination was strong, though not unfounded. Who could blame him, considering what happened to his father?

"If His Majesty's worried about something, it's our duty to look into it. For peace of mind if nothing else." Satoru answered. Kotaro opened his mouth as if to protest, but swallowed his words at the last moment, then nodded in acceptance.

"Lord Nagano?" asked a young male voice. Satoru turned, his eyes finding one of Emperor Liu's stewards, already bowing at the waist. "The Emperor wishes to see you in his guest house. Right away, if it pleases."
"Of course I'll see him." Satoru responded. "Only give me a few moments to situate myself."

As the messanger bowed and scurried off, Satoru turned, clasping his hands on his son's shoulders.
"Go and enjoy the evening Kotaro. Don't worry about business for tonight. But you know the rules..."
Kotaro sighed audibly. "Father, couldn't I, just this once..."
"One cup of wine." Satoru interrupted firmly. "No more after that. So long as you are of my house, you will honor our ways. A warrior will be prepared at all times for battle, never drunken on wine."
"Fine." Kotaro said as he broke away and melted into the crowd.
code by RI.a

Rui Ieyasu
Ogawa Chi. General.
[class=information]opacity:0;text-align:center;font-family:Open Sans; font-size:0.8em;transition:all 0.5s linear;background:#fff;color:#222;][/class][class name=information state=hover]opacity:0.8;[/class][div class=information]

With: Jian ( Fluxbauble Fluxbauble ), Lian ( mikyuu mikyuu ), Hanae ( Nano Nano )

Mentions: -

”You sure know how to butter up your superiors, Officer.” Rui laughed, a shit eating grin on her face as she ruffled his hair. He may be older than her, but she age didn't matter to when it came to those she considers her friends.

"H-hey Hanae! Let's go drink!" A lady suddenly exclaimed, the people in ear-shot went silent for a bit and even Rui had widened eyes. She appeared to be a noble lady from her attire, not many court ladies willingly participated in drinking during the day. And the general was intrigued, and she liked the lady immediately.

"That's the spirit, my lady! We will be honoured if you would join us. I know a place nearby that has the best sake in the city!" It may be Rui's first New Emperor's Festival, but it wasn't her first time in Xinzhou City. She's been bar-hopping and food hunting during all the festivals since she's been allowed to visit with the army, and sometimes during her once in a blue moon vacation days.

"It will be nice to have another lady, won't it Jian?" She nudged the bulky shirtless male in the side, resting her hands on her hips. Her eyes landed on the light-haired male who appeared to be accompanying the young lady. He looked rather unwilling and his frown on his flawless face made Rui think he may not be her partner, but a guard. Which isn't very surprising for a noble lady such as herself. "Rest assured, you can come too." She laughed and winked playfully. There was no way that he would leave the female's side. "It's the New Emperor's Festival! Lighten up a bit. Rest assured that you will be joining the strongest warriors of Ogawa Chi." Her statement earned her cheers from the crowd of soldiers, making her smile wider.
inspired by southside
[/div]

• Cao Liu31DE0AE7-C31C-443A-ABC9-EE7DECF584E2.jpeg
    Interacting : Satoru Abendrot Abendrot
    Mention : Damen Probably George Probably George
    While technically his "hotel" was really a chain of highly maintained and expensive houses that only those with great wealth could reside in. He didn't like to boast about his social rank and therefore simply referred to it as a hotel. He did in fact notice a few confused faces when called his temporary residence a hotel, but they all quickly caught on to what he meant. Cao tried to be as close and on friendly terms with his fellow troops, he always felt a closer connection to the ruler themselves would drive for higher moral. Plus some of the texts he's read over the years did in fact advise rulers to be relatable amongst the common people. Though the texts he read were widely to be considered progressive and unlike the traditional ways, but he saw value in them. It was important to show his subjects he was just as human as they were, not some sort of god. Plus he enjoyed the commoner's life, it was so much more simple and easy. Then again the Liu family always held a strict and high image of themselves, his sister and him both dreamed of the simplicities of commoner life. Lian in fact had the worst of their parent's rigid ideology of them. She had to spend long hours in courts to learn everything he had to, Lian was always too soft for the scavenging officials. She was always eaten alive during the mock practices that their parents put them through. Therefore she was constantly scolded and eventually their father gave up on trying to have Lian learn the court and had her simply learn the proper ways a lady in the court life. He didn't coat the the change in sugar either, he simply said to her that she wasn't strong enough to handle politics. Cao remembered feeling hurt even if the comment wasn't directed towards him. Cao couldn't believe how much his mind was wandering towards is sister, maybe he really did miss her more than he let on. He wasn't a very sentimental man after all, most emotions were strictly held inside.

Cao entered through the lavish doors of his residence. Everything was meticulously decorated for his stay. There wasn't a speck of dust left anywhere throughout the house. He immediately found his way to the study, sitting down promptly at the desk. He closed his eyes and took in the scent of the paper and books. The smell relaxed his tense muscles from the carriage ride and allowed him to finally rest. It lessened his nerves over the whole festival, he should be here to enjoy himself and be at ease. He needed to stop worrying over trivial things. Cao should trust that his men would be able to handle anything that should come their way. Yet a nagging voice in the back of his mind kept whispering about all the possible tragedies that could occur. Historically, no ruler had actually perished in their time during the festival meaning he shouldn't have to worry. Though given the death of his father which was covered as "natural causes" still chilled him to the bone.

A sudden knock drove him out of his thoughts, the gruff voice of one of Damen's men announced the arrival of General Nagano. Cao quickly fixed his composure and straightened himself out. He flattened out the creases in his kimono and straightened out his back. "Come in." he called out in reply, allowing the entrance of his trusted General. The Nagano family has been close to theirs for a long time, in fact his father had been a friend of the general growing up. Their family ties in fact went all the way back to the founding of the Shu Dynasty. They had been the family's second in command before the dynasty was established. Cao also had grown up along with the General's son, but the two of them never go close. Cao always got the feeling that his son Kotaro had a distinct dislike for him, but he begrudgingly hid because he was of royalty. He wasn't sure where the two of them had gone wrong but he would nonetheless still treat him with the respect of a comrade. General Nagano entered his study, his presence ever so prominent. He always gave off a intimidating aura even if he wasn't in his prime anymore. Plus, his skills would still out match some of the budding samurais that studied under the Samurai Academy. "I do not wish to disturb your time in the festival General, I just wanted to have a quick conversation over mutual interests." Cao knew their conversations had to be vague for who knew if there were someone listening. Usually he'd be handed a parchment of the generalized activity of the traitors and the confirmed members that they knew, but calling him out of the blue the General Nagano might only give him a short description verbally.

01a3c785c69486f30fdbee42f4788a36--dynasty-warriors-gan-ning.jpg”You sure know how to butter up your superiors, Officer.” Rui chortled as she ruffled Jian's hair. Jian couldn't help but smile back after seeing her grin which stretched ear to ear on her face. Just as soon as they were about the head out a lady's voice called out. "H-hey Hanae! Let's go drink!" The crowd went silent around them. No way he mishear that one. He was sober at this time so he had his senses about him. He turned around and saw a young lady decked out in fine silk as pink as the cherry blossoms around them. She looked like a doll compared to the rest of the crowd. She could break at any moment. Was this really the source of the voice he had heard?

"That's the spirit, my lady! We will be honoured if you would join us. I know a place nearby that has the best sake in the city! It will be nice to have another lady, won't it Jian?" Rui nudged him as she asked. "The more the merrier I say. We won't push ya past your limit though. We're sporting folk." It seems like this festival would definitely be one to remember. Assuming of course the young lady wished to join them. Ah but it would seem that there was another member to yet join their party of festival ne'er-do-wells. A man of silver hair stood beside the cherry blossom doll. He seemed adverse to the thought of drinking. Not like he could blame him if he was tethered to such a delicate flower like the young lady. The way he presented himself he wasn't there as her partner, but as her guard. He stood tall and attentive. Jian knew that this was a man who was able to spring into action at a moments notice. His grin remained on his face. Whoever this lady was, she was certainly lucky to have someone like that watching her back.

"Rest assured, you can come too." Rui spoke to the guard. "It's the New Emperor's Festival! Lighten up a bit. Rest assured that you will be joining the strongest warriors of Ogawa Chi." The soldiers around them cheered at hearing Rui say that. She still had her shit eating grin. Not like it wasn't unfounded. And he was deemed a part of that moniker. Something he took great pride in. Jian beat his chest before giving the girl and her guard a smile. "Absolutely! Couldn't ask for better drinkin' buddies in all the three dynasties!" Probably wasn't the best thing to boast about, but if there was one fact that remains irrefutable is that Rui and Jian were probably the best in all the land when it came to holding their liqueur.

The cherry blossom lady seemed flustered as she both excitedly accepted Rui's invitation while also apologizing to her guardian. It was too cute and comical that Jian couldn't help but let out a laugh.

RI.a RI.a (Rui) mikyuu mikyuu (Lian) Nano Nano (Hanae)

[class=bg] padding: 50px 0; width: 100%; background-image: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nxxh8as88lz0nrx/00.Lines.png'); background-color: #f6f6f6; font-size: initial; [/class] [class=right] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0 auto; padding: 50px; width: 100%; max-width: 850px; background: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; [/class] [class=basicimagewrap] position: relative; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuswrap2] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 350px; [/class] [class=leftfocus2] float: left; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-left: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=rightfocus2] float: right; display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; margin-right: 1px; width: 50px; height: 350px; [/class] [class=focuscolumn2] width: 50px; height: 50px; [/class] [class=basicimage] display: inline-block; margin: 25px; width: calc(100% - 50px); height: 300px; background: url('https://imgur.com/qvowve2.jpg') no-repeat center; background-size: 900px 300px; [/class] [class=header] width: 100%; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase; font-variant-caps: normal; font-size: 2.2em; line-height: 80%; color: #444444; text-align: center; [/class] [class=subheader] margin-top: 4px; width: 100%; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: .8em; line-height: 80%; color: #999999; text-align: center; [/class] [class=box] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 50px; padding: 25px 20px; width: 100%; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size: .9em; line-height: 125%; color: #444444; text-align: justify; [/class] [div class=bg] [div class=right] [div class=contentwrap] [div class=basicimagewrap] [div class=focuswrap2] [div class=leftfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [div class=rightfocus2] [div class=focuscolumn2]
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=basicimage] [/div] [/div]
[div class=header] ayanokouji hanae;
[div class=subheader] spilt water will not return to the tray [/div] [/div] [div class=basicsR] [div class=box] Standing stiffly with a firm expression, Hanae let no notion of his misgivings show through. The woman who had invited them to come drink had already repeated the phrase “rest assured” twice. Ironically, it was precisely those words of hers which triggered his vigilance the most. Judging from the reactions of the soldiers accompanying her, she was likely an officer or general of sorts. Of the Ogawa Chi Dynasty, no less. With his bothersome appearance that already estranged him from the average person, keeping Lian and his identities under wraps was difficult as it was. Following a high-ranking figure—or rather figures—only increased the risks. It also wouldn’t bode well for them to be suspected of colluding with the Ogawa Chi Dynasty.

Unfortunately, his liege had impulsively given her assent, destroying any and all means for Hanae to refuse. Her chaotic babbling and actions of hiding behind him were (admittedly) endearing, yet he couldn’t help but give her a wary stare which soon trailed back towards the other pair. There was absolutely no way of escaping without attracting attention.

Begrudgingly relenting to the unfavorable situation, Hanae nodded slightly to express his agreement to the arrangement. “Many thanks for your consideration.” Next, deeming introductions as a necessity, the light-haired man smoothly continued on with his pseudonym. “I am Arihara Hanae, a mere wanderer.”

His gelid gaze swept over the two warriors once again. Without names, it wasn’t likely that he’d be capable of identifying officials of foreign countries, and this case was not much different. As a private guard, it was not his place to act as a foreign diplomat and meet with such individuals. At the same time, it kept his own identity fairly low-key, making him known only to those who knew him on a more personal level. Even if they recognized his family name, most typically assumed that he was either rejected or a different “Ayanokouji,” considering the Ayanokouji’s motto of “excellence” and how they believed a guard’s duty to be beneath their capabilities.

Returning his gaze towards Lian, he shifted to the side as to tacitly urge for the princess to make her own introduction. [/div] [/div] [/div]
#liu lianx#ieyasu ruix#taixun jian
[/div] [/div]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back