• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern War Dogs OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Tips to keep a roleplay going:

1) Tag the people that have yet to post or have not posted in a while. In this case, you'd tag the people that haven't posted. If they don't reply after some time, kick them out and recruit others.
2) A roleplay will never die as long as people are continuing to post. It doesn't matter if it's one person or two people. One post keeps the story going until more people can contribute.
3) Even if you've posted, post again with the new information that's been provided for you. You're the GM so you shouldn't feel tied down because others haven't responded. It's your job to keep the story going even if others aren't playing their part.
4) Post. Keep people engaged in the OOC by saying "hello" everyone once in a while. When I'm GM, I generally drop by and say hello every two days and do a weekly roll call.

I'd also like to add that most people generally post once a week. You should always make sure the people you allow in your roleplays are up to communication. They should inform you of their posting rate and anything that may prevent them from posting. This will give you the information you need to push forwards. At times like this, I ask players who can't post often if they're okay with tiny god-modding. I usually just move the characters to the next scene, but I don't do any dialogue. Maybe just a nod or two.

On another note:

I suggest you go ahead and move the scene forwards. Respond to my character and acknowledge the others. Have whoever called forth the meeting say something along the lines of "We can't wait for the other two. You're just going to have to brief them later, Whitton." It doesn't have to be exact of course because I don't know what Mother Russia's personality is exactly like, but it will allow the four of us to move on while giving the other two time to respond. If they don't get back to you in let's say two days, we can safely assume they have ghosted and resume to kick them out.

I also recommend tagging people in these forms...

Mentions: So-and-so
Interacting: Cythnia koala koala

-because that alerts anyone you may be mentioning or interacting. It also prevents the OOC from being flood with constant reminders. The reminders are instead in the IC thread.

Sorry, meant to throw a reply down before the weekend but got sidetracked.

On a side note, I just got home from this military pre-training thing-y (I’m supposed to ship to bootcamp in Jan.) Getting chewed out by some scary SrgMaj all weekend definitely put this kind of thing into perspective.

Anyways sorry about the delay, I’m write up a post real quick.

Heyo, I hope there's still room for my character; please do tell me if anything's out of place <3

Mowser Mowser
I have a question as a fellow roleplayer.

1) In my character's perspective, how would I describe your character? Piccolo has no idea what your character looks like. I can't write anything like Is he tall? Is he short? Is he muscular, heavy, skinny, soft? Does he have black, unruly hair or maybe beautiful, beach blonde locks? Are his eyes the color of the 7 seas or maybe gray like a thundering storm? Is he tan? Is he pale? Does he have resting bitch face or maybe one that could calm a wailing child?

It's really just a question. I'd personally hate to write a boring post that only consists of your character's name, gender, and callsign because it'd get repetitive real quick. Unless your character is a shadow person without a face and constantly changing height/build lmao :p

koala koala

In all honesty I completely forgot to put all that stuff. I was doing something at the same time I made it. I'll update it with all that stuff. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back