Want your own RP or Character Theme music?

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey guys, Kyero here!

I'm a music major with a focus on Recording Arts, and expected to graduate with my BA in Recording Arts in Spring 2016. Anyway, I have always loved composing music for other people, and have a few pieces on my SoundCloud page which are orchestrations of works of friends on Facebook and such.

If you have an RP that you're particularly proud of, or a character whom you'd love to have a personal theme for, then please contact me about it! I'd love to compose a theme for either your RP or your character.

Oh, and I was recently asked if I charge for the service. I do not. I do this free of charge because I love music and I love composing. It's not my place to use this site as a business opportunity.

So feel free to contact me about your RP or character theme desires and we'll discuss how to best realize them in music!

Music composition is a personal passion on the side for me, and to that end as an example of what I have worked on so far. I have below a newly completed project piece for one of my RP's, which can be found at the following link: Odyssey of Power. The RP is loosely based on Dragon Ball Z, featuring Saiyans and their journey through the universe as they push their powers to ever greater heights and eventually uncover the power of the Super Saiyan and beyond.

And that is where my first composition comes into play, which I'd like opinions on! (Oh, and listen with headphones since laptop speakers are rubbish for listening to something with a stereo image)

This piece is designed to tell a story through music of one Saiyan among a group of about 5 or 6 Saiyans who becomes a Super Saiyan during the course of the toughest battle in their life. Think of these Saiyans as fighting a Freiza type enemy. Their power levels are all around 2,500,000 to 3,600,000, and they believe they're ready to prove once and for all that this tyrant is done for.

The story goes as follows (and is finally complete after more than two weeks of composing!):

((By the way, is anyone on RPN good at animation? I've been looking for a partner to collaborate with on custom music videos based on the music I write and the visuals the artist can bring to the table. If you know anyone who might be interested in this idea, please help me out! It would be much appreciated!))

0:00 - 0:20 The main cast of characters finds themselves sensing the presence of a being unlike any before. His power goes beyond their imagination, but they aren't about to just roll over and die.

0:20 - 0:35 The main cast of Saiyans rallies together, grouping up (safety in numbers) as they defy the power of their enemy.

0:35 - 1:18 The main cast powers up to their absolute limits, showing just how far they've come as they prepare for the fight of their lives. The battle begins, and it seems they are holding their own.

1:18 - 1:45 The main cast thought they could do this, but the battle begins to turn for the worse. The enemy begins matching them blow for blow, and begins taking the advantage slowly outclassing them one by one.

1:45 - 1:58 The main villain powers up, demonstrating just how insignificant the collected Saiyan's powers truly are.

1:58 - 2:27 The main villain begins wiping the floor with the Saiyans one by one, knocking them around like rag dolls despite how powerful they've become.

2:27 - 2:37 The main cast is down.

2 :37 - 3:28 The main cast tries to rise, but unable to do so due to injuries. The beating was that fast, that brutal, and such a blow to their Saiyan pride that none can muster the strength or courage to rise again.

3:28 - 3:48 One Saiyan, named Era, is tired of this farce and finally stands to challenge the supreme ruler of the galaxy.

3:48 - 4:07 She powers up, forever defiant of this horrific enemy. But as she powers up and prepares for combat, something is wrong...

4:07 - 4:25 Her energy is decreasing instead of increasing. She's losing power, and fast...

4:25 - 4:30 She looks to her enemy...

4:30 - 4:42 Every musical hit is a devastating blow against Era from the Galactic Tyrant...

4:42 - 4:45 Era is down... Now what is she to do? Out of energy and beaten down once again, where can she and her comrades go from here?

4:45 - 5:16 The Saiyans are all disheartened. The strongest among them was defeated.

5:16 - 5:30 The Saiyans all watch in horror as the Galactic Tyrant kills one of their own in the blink of an eye. And the shock begins to set in as their leader now lies dead…

5:30 - 5:38 The Saiyan commander’s lifeless body falls and hits the ground as the chord is sounded, his comrade’s reeling from the horrific realization that their mentor, and greatest friend and ally, is forever gone from their world.

5:38 - 6:32 The Saiyans all mourn the sudden loss of their commander and mentor. For Era in particular, it is a bitter blow, as he was the one she loved. As the soloist hums her melancholy tune, Era is remembering all the good times and successful battles they shared.

6:58 - 7:04 Era's mental stability is shattered... She has snapped, and now there's only one thing on her mind... Revenge!

7:04 - 7:36 Era’s body erupts with golden energy as the Super Saiyan power within her begins to awaken. The energy flares about her like wildfire, creating a crater beneath her from the sheer force of its emergence. She stares with wide, lifeless eyes at her fallen love as her body continues to power up unconsciously in preparation for the transformation’s next stage.

7:36 - 8:00 Era’s anger is pushing her further into the transformation, causing her hair to begin slowly flashing from its normal color to a glowing blonde with her irises changing to a sparkling teal coloration. But the change doesn’t last, as her hair and eyes return to normal, but then slowly flash again, and again, and again!

8:00 - 8:15 Era’s body begins changing. Her muscles bulge, her eyes come into focus, her mouth curls into a snarl!

8:15 - 8:30 It’s finally happened! Her body erupts with power as the transformation is completed. She screams in fury at the top of her lungs, amplified by the energy coursing through her veins. She has become a Super Saiyan!

So, I would like opinions on the music as it stands now in telling this story in your minds. Any and all criticism, especially that which comes from music majors like myself would be appreciated.

And, if you'd like a personal theme song made for your RP or a character you're particularly proud of, I'd be glad to at least make an attempt at composing something for them.

I'm an amateur composer and student first, but if you give me a template to work with (and an example of the kind of song you're going for on youtube or something like that couldn't hurt either) as well as your expectations of how it should make you feel or what you should be visualizing as you listen to it, I believe I have what it takes to make you proud!

Thank you for your time!

~ Kyero​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to listen to this but currently I've got my data for the month so now my speed is throttled for the rest of the month until I renew. This sadly has the effect of making sure anything with video or audio will not load :(

I shall certainly return when I attain Wi-Fi or renew, whichever comes first!

@Kyero

I'm listening to your Super Saiyan Transformation sound piece, and I am really enjoying going through the scenes while listening.

I actually have a project that I would like to discuss with you. Well, a couple.

Would you mind if I sent you a convo about it?

Yuuki of the Strata] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/3902-kyero/ said:
@Kyero[/URL]
I'm listening to your Super Saiyan Transformation sound piece, and I am really enjoying going through the scenes while listening.

I actually have a project that I would like to discuss with you. Well, a couple.

Would you mind if I sent you a convo about it?
By all means.

This is fucking amazing! Music is a central part of my RP plans for threads, stories, and characters. And, listening to your sample piece.... this is pretty fucking epic. I'll be watching your thread and will jump on the opportunity.

Hey guys!!

I wanted to shamelessly advertise a bit more, so here we go!

This is a piano piece presented to me by a fellow Godzilla fan, which I had to recreate in my software because all he had for me was an iPhone video clip of him playing the part. So once I put it into the software, it sounded like this:

Now, I took that concept, and as per the "client's" request to take it and improvise, I have thus far come up with this (which remains a serious WIP):

So what do you think? A simple piano piece can sound pretty dark when played by an orchestra, no?

Anyway, if you guys think you have something for me then please throw it my way. But be aware that I have other requests thus far so work might be a bit slow. Typically I can get around 20-45 seconds of music done on your piece per every 3-5 days, so hopefully you guys can be patient!!

Thank you for letting me shamelessly advertise!!

If you have an RP you'd like a theme designed around or a character who you'd like to hear personified in music, shoot me a message and we'll discuss the details!

Till then!

Kyero said:
Hey guys!!
I wanted to shamelessly advertise a bit more, so here we go!

This is a piano piece presented to me by a fellow Godzilla fan, which I had to recreate in my software because all he had for me was an iPhone video clip of him playing the part. So once I put it into the software, it sounded like this:

Now, I took that concept, and as per the "client's" request to take it and improvise, I have thus far come up with this (which remains a serious WIP):

So what do you think? A simple piano piece can sound pretty dark when played by an orchestra, no?

Anyway, if you guys think you have something for me then please throw it my way. But be aware that I have other requests thus far so work might be a bit slow. Typically I can get around 20-45 seconds of music done on your piece per every 3-5 days, so hopefully you guys can be patient!!

Thank you for letting me shamelessly advertise!!

If you have an RP you'd like a theme designed around or a character who you'd like to hear personified in music, shoot me a message and we'll discuss the details!

Till then!
I actually might have something for you now...

Kyero said:
Oooh!
Do tell!
I'm doing work on a grin dysotopian themed RP based around fighting a virtually unwinnable war for independence. I'm gonna get some art made for it and such (trying to go all out on this one) as well as an audio recording of a speech. I think perhaps a music theme would be a nice touch perhaps. Except I have no idea specifically what would fit with it xD

Atom said:
I'm doing work on a grin dysotopian themed RP based around fighting a virtually unwinnable war for independence. I'm gonna get some art made for it and such (trying to go all out on this one) as well as an audio recording of a speech. I think perhaps a music theme would be a nice touch perhaps. Except I have no idea specifically what would fit with it xD
Oh leave the music to me. I'm certain I can capture the vibe you're going for so long as I get copies of the artwork and get a detailed written description of the most important events that transpire to make the RP what it is.

Once I have those, the music comes fairly quickly.

Kyero said:
Oh leave the music to me. I'm certain I can capture the vibe you're going for so long as I get copies of the artwork and get a detailed written description of the most important events that transpire to make the RP what it is.
Once I have those, the music comes fairly quickly.
Will try to get those to you when they're ready then. I honestly don't expect it to be ready by August at the earliest so I can't say it'll be soon.

Atom said:
Will try to get those to you when they're ready then. I honestly don't expect it to be ready by August at the earliest so I can't say it'll be soon.
No worries. Take your time.

These are pretty good, and it's good to see you putting some real effort into the requests and stuff too!

I actually used to do a fair bit of composition. Well, I still do. I used to use this mobile app, which as you can imagine did not produce the best sound quality. And whilst I'd like to say I'm a fairly good composer (I do a lot of piano compositions), I'm absolutely pants at mixing things. So I was wondering, if in the future, I have a piece of music, would you be willing to take it in and give it a nice beefing up with your fancy mixing skills and software?
:) I wouldn't necessarily be asking for a remix or anything, and you might well just be copying from what I've sent you so it shouldn't take as long as some things do. I don't have anything in mind for the moment particularly, but for future reference I though I might as well ask whilst I still remember.

SkyGinge said:
These are pretty good, and it's good to see you putting some real effort into the requests and stuff too!
I actually used to do a fair bit of composition. Well, I still do. I used to use this mobile app, which as you can imagine did not produce the best sound quality. And whilst I'd like to say I'm a fairly good composer (I do a lot of piano compositions), I'm absolutely pants at mixing things. So I was wondering, if in the future, I have a piece of music, would you be willing to take it in and give it a nice beefing up with your fancy mixing skills and software?
:) I wouldn't necessarily be asking for a remix or anything, and you might well just be copying from what I've sent you so it shouldn't take as long as some things do. I don't have anything in mind for the moment particularly, but for future reference I though I might as well ask whilst I still remember.
By all means. If you need something mixed send it my way with some guidelines as to what you'd like to be the most prominent versus what should be in the background.

Hey guys!!

I have another one for you!

Yuuki of the Strata commissioned a piece for their Domination RP, and the result is below! Please read the description before listening so you have an idea of what to keep in mind!

Enjoy!!

0:00 - 0:22 America has seen years of peace, and is triumphant in having rebuilt itself from the brink of destruction

0:22 - 104 We zoom in on the America's people, living peaceful, fulfilled lives and going about their business with peace of mind and happiness all around

1:04 - 1:23 The happiness is a veil. The sheep blinded by the shepherds as the balance of power begins to shift beneath their feet. From his window in a large skyscraper, a man with red eyes looks out at the city after finishing a meeting until a mysterious figure enters the room...

1:23 - 1:43 The stranger was holding a bomb, detonating it and sending both of the men out into free fall until...

1:43 - 1:50 The red eyed man realizes the stranger has another bomb!

1:50 - 1:54 The bomb goes off, and all goes black for our red eyed individual

150 - 1:54 The scene shifts to a chaotic world where the peace America had founded has now collapsed once more

1:58 - 2:08 The Russian Bravata is one of two factions attacking a city, their leader standing tall and imposing as he looks to...

2:08 - 2:16 A female leader of a makeshift militia rallies her men against the Russian Bravata

2:16 - 2:34 The two sides collide, eventually destroying the city as the scene fades to black

2:34 - 3:11 We see the toll the devastation has caused across America. A man with glasses and an Asian woman observe the carnage and despair of what had previously been hidden from their world. Children as slave labor, freezing and crying in the streets, orphanages in terrible disrepair... Is this what they've been blind to?

3:11 - 3:42 In a strange, secret laboratory we see a massive computer working on something. The screen displays a woman, leaning forward as if the screen itself is the woman within observing the progress of something which remains hidden from our sight...

3:42 - 4:06 We see a woman of red hair and a deep scowl which slowly turns to a smile as sparks fly about her. Clearly some kind of mechanical engineering project is taking place, before we pan down and see that the red eyed man from before is being resurrected as a partial cyborg... What has become of this world?!

If anyone else has an RP they'd like a personal theme written for, then hit me up!

I'm always willing to at least give it a shot!

As an amateur composer I can't guarantee anything amazing like you'd find in a film score, but I can at least give the RP it's own special musical identity so long as you provide me with some kind of direction to go in such as the details provided in the example above with Yuuki's piece or my Odyssey of Power.

I have two very depressing stories I'd like to tell at least one of properly, which is musically. I don't see any mention of rates, so I assume you'd rather pm that. Please do.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]I have two very depressing stories I'd like to tell at least one of properly, which is musically. I don't see any mention of rates, so I assume you'd rather pm that. Please do.

[/QUOTE]
I don't charge for the music I make for RP's here. I do this because I love composing.

Bumping for great justice!!

If you have an RP for which you'd like a music theme composed, hit me up! I'm a full time college student right now, so progress will come in short bursts. But I think I can make you proud!

By the way, this is not a sales pitch. I do this for free because I love composing music. You will not be charged for this.

Could you make something for a superhero character, who isn't much of a superhero, and he murders the villans and any civillians/officers who get in the way? (Is that enough information?)

Zelorm said:
Could you make something for a superhero character, who isn't much of a superhero, and he murders the villans and any civillians/officers who get in the way? (Is that enough information?)
It's enough information to tell me what the character does in general, but it's not enough to make a full fledged theme on by itself.

Do you have anything more for me such as a name for the pseudo-hero, a typical list of the kinds of good things he does versus not-so-good things he does and what the ratio of the two is?

Things like that?

Kyero said:
It's enough information to tell me what the character does in general, but it's not enough to make a full fledged theme on by itself.
Do you have anything more for me such as a name for the pseudo-hero, a typical list of the kinds of good things he does versus not-so-good things he does and what the ratio of the two is?

Things like that?
Pretty much the good to bad ratio would be about 1:1 His name is the same as my username. He would do things like find a villans identity, go to his home, and, if he wasn't there, kill his family and burn down the house. Police would come, but he would blow them to bits without a thought. Now, if he came across a bank robbery, he would fight the villan. Should the villain concede, he would rip their throat out of something. I'd like to note: He isn't a roleplay character yet. I've been working on him, but haven't found one I'd like to use him in.

Zelorm said:
Pretty much the good to bad ratio would be about 1:1 His name is the same as my username. He would do things like find a villans identity, go to his home, and, if he wasn't there, kill his family and burn down the house. Police would come, but he would blow them to bits without a thought. Now, if he came across a bank robbery, he would fight the villan. Should the villain concede, he would rip their throat out of something. I'd like to note: He isn't a roleplay character yet. I've been working on him, but haven't found one I'd like to use him in.
Intersting thought for a character. A vigilante-type character with villainous leanings.

I can work with that.

However, because I'm a full-time college student, I will only have so much time to work on it per week. As it was with Yuuki's piece, I may only be able to write about 20 seconds of music per week so the piece itself may take a month or more to complete.

If you're all right with that, I'll get started on it either tomorrow or Wednesday, me schedule depending.

Kyero said:
Intersting thought for a character. A vigilante-type character with villainous leanings.
I can work with that.

However, because I'm a full-time college student, I will only have so much time to work on it per week. As it was with Yuuki's piece, I may only be able to write about 20 seconds of music per week so the piece itself may take a month or more to complete.

If you're all right with that, I'll get started on it either tomorrow or Wednesday, me schedule depending.
Sure! Thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back