• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Walking Dead RP

The huge man stuck his head up from where he was hiding, only to see the horde had not moved on. He was fruitless in his attempt at getting any game. His large stature made it difficult to be quiet. The horde was attracted to something. The pangs of loneliness hit Lachlan hard. He needed to see another face. And he planned to.

Lachlan noticed the horde's general direction of movement. He waited for them to lose track of whatever it was they were pursuing before following the tracks and clues the group had left behind. He slowly trudged along, cautiously listening for any signs of life. He feared he may have been too late but all fears of what lay ahead were quickly dismissed. He swore he could hear voices. Voices. The large man pondered his situation, he had killed people before but saw it as a last resort. He continued along the path the group had made, the voices growing ever more clear. He heard snippets of conversation but all of that was lost on him. He was exited, for the first time in a long while. The group he was with had been overrun by a group of hostile bandits. He still remembered the rage he felt when he had caught a bandit withdrawing his knife from the small girl, who hours prior he was teaching the alphabet. He punched that swine so many times his skull became powdered. He then cried for hours, reminded of his sweet daughter who had been torn from her own body, and replaced by an instinct driven monster.

Lachlan fought the feeling out of his stomach and proceeded up the crest of the hill slowly. He looked at the group before him. A grizzled angry man, a small boy and another younger man stood and talked. His eye caught the blond hair. He focused on the tiny girl. She turned and he saw her face. He ducked his head, fighting tears, vomit and the past simultaneously. That girl. She reminisced the most important person he knew. He remembered the eyes, how he cried as her life left them. He held her for the longest time before she began to stir in his arms. She reminded him of the last thing he truly loved, the last person he could trust completely. He had seen a mirror of his daughter, Sarah.

("Then make sure your gun is ready - this goes for everyone here" Jason said "When we get there, the other girl, not Carter, will stay with this one (Joey) behind a few yards out until me, you, and Carter scope the place. Deal?" Jason said, looking at Sean for confirmation. He was trying to be a little less bossy.

This is actually what I was referring to, Kurt. The other girl Jason mentions is long gone. Probably zombie food by now. Did you wanna change your post to reflect that? )

(Sorry about that misunderstanding.)

Sean nods in agreement as the small group makes their way through the woods. Two big metal electrical towers can be seen over top of the trees in the distance. He points to them. "That's th...", he starts, stopping at the sound of what could possibly have been a large stick breaking behind them. It seemed close. Sean whirls, squinting into the dark. He can't see anything. "Jay?", he asks in a whisper, not looking away from the trees.

Jay was already turned with his gun raised when Sean looked at him. "I may have amazing eye sight, but I can't see in the dark. Someone, or...something is out there. Walk quietly but quickly" Jay told the group calmly.

Sean nodded, turning back in the direction that they had been headed. Silently, he led the small group through the darkness in the direction of the substation. After a few moments, it became visible through the trees. In the moonlight, Sean saw the vague outline of two small brick buildings, two tall metal towers. The fence still stood around the small compound, and it appeared from where they stood to be fairly deserted. The older man sighed softly with much needed relief. He didn't know what he would have done if this had fallen through too. They all desperately needed this place to be safe. He looked over at Jason, his hand on the handle of his hunting knife. Ready for anything.

Lachlan thought for sure the older man had seen him, he had raised a gun in his direction. Shifty bastard he thought to himself. He decided he was going to show himself to the group, he couldn't afford to stay alone, he was far too clumsy for that. Lachlan stood up from where he had been hiding and followed the group, in the open this time. He didn't want to come across as threatening, it was hard enough getting people to trust him with his size, it made people nervous. Lachlan, able to catch up with his long strides raised his hands and shouted toward the group

"Hey, I don't want trouble!"

They whipped around, various weapons drawn.

This was going to be a rough introduction.

"Then back away -- slowly" Jason said, his finger over the trigger of his rifle, the rifle aimed at the big man's face. (Sorry for shortness)

(Np) Lachlan nervously stepped back, he had come this far and he didn't feel like ending it now.

"Now now son, I was just looking for some company, Im not gonna try anything." Lachlan said.

He didn't blame him for his lack of trust, he knew the man had probably had a rough past. Hell, he'd been much the same to begin with.

"Fuck that, I've given too much trust to people, I'm all out" he said "We can spare a pistol and some ammo and then you'll be on your way, but no way in hell are you coming with us, you're just another mouth to feed, another person to care for, another person to watch die. We don't have time for this -- there's more than just you chasing us. My suggestion is to go right, the horde should be far enough away for you to do this safely. Keep going that way you'll eventually come across Splendid, a small town, heard there was a survivor camp there, so if you're looking for a crew, there you go, but we're not your people. We lost two today, and we're not losing another. I killed three people to protect who I care for, and a fourth won't matter, so take the pistol, and move on" Jason said, withdrawing a revolver he had taken from Safeway and throwing it near him. "Full chamber"

The man didn't even make a move toward the gun. His brow creased and he began to speak with an almost growl like tone. ''I have been walking around here for months on end with nothing to do, noone to talk to and nothing to live for. I have seen the worst and best of humanity, I know well enough that you wouldn't leave an old man to his devices, it drives people insane. Humans cannot exist without eachother, it's how we work. Now listen, I am willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to your group but I am not willing to sit in this fucking cold and freeze my fat arse off alone! If you walk off I may aswell finish myself with that there pistol cause I am not going it alone anymore, ya hear me?''

The large man was riled up. He didn't trust himself alone. He had thought about ending it many nights but that wasn't what Sarah would've wanted. She wanted him to carry on and do as much good as he could in this twisted world. The bear of a man stared fiercely at the younger Jason. He dwarfed him, but he controlled his fate. Lachlan could feel the tears stinging his eyes. He looked to the eyes of the group, except the girl. He was looking for a way out. He needed them. ''Please!'' The man pleaded for a chance. He was desperate.

"No, I'm sorry. You're not coming with us" Jason said "Let's go, guys" Jason said to Carter and Sean, and he slowly began backing away, keeping the sights of his M16A2 trained on Lachlan's left eye the whole time, staying focused and in the killing mindset. Jason had no remorse for leaving this man to die, and he had no remorse for killing the bear-of-a-man if he had to.

The man kept the AR pointed at Lachlan's face. He was at a loss for what to do, he looked at the others

''If this Is what you want I'll leave you.''

He really hoped it wasn't but he had no control.

"Oh and by the way, I came from the camp, it's ruined."

Sean had also trained his gun on the stranger when he stepped out of the woods, but lowered it far quicker than Jason had. Even in the dark, with his poor eyesight, there was something about the big man. Something so familliar. The beard was different. Longer, more unkempt. And the bald, red, chapped head. That was different too. Plus there was too much to him. The man he knew years ago had been thinner. Not to mention, the look in those eyes was all wrong. His friend and hunting buddy had always been a good-hearted and happy man. This fellow looked haggard and full of sorrow. The voice was sad too. He sounded desperate. Sean thought his own voice might sound similar. Jason was acting the way he always did. Telling him to go. The large man didn't mean them any harm, that was clear to Sean. He had walked out unarmed to greet them. The way he himself had tried to approach Amelia and Quentin. The image of the younger boy 's long hair filled with blood and brains was fresh in his mind. His pained and terrified screams echoed in his head. Gave him chills deeper than the cold Northern wind. However, Jason could have been right. They had no idea where this man had come from, afterall. Or if he had a group. He could be a danger. Jason was walking away and Sean didn't. In fact, he stepped forward. Over to the man who was taller by a few inches and wider by a lot more than a few. His voice was hoarse and tired when he said, "If you don't want to trust this man I was right about you, boy."

Lachlan's eyes softened, the older man had spoken for him.

"Thankyou, my names Lachlan, what's yours?" said the man, outstretching his huge hand.

This was the kindest thing he'd seen in years.

A wide grin spread across Sean's worn face as he took the other man's hand. "Lach....dammit...I knew that was you.", he said with a hearty and genuine laugh, "It's Sean McNeil. You remember me?"

"Oh shit, no way! I didn't recognize you, you're getting old!" said Lachlan, pulling the man in and giving him a pat on the back.

Lachlan hadn't seen Sean in years, they'd hunted together back before it all began. He'd been a good family friend and his closest companion. "How has the apocalypse been treating ya?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back