• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Volume 1: Elemental Drift

Narwhalia

Queen Narwhal
A long time ago, the world was created by three great beings. There was the Lord of Darkness who ruled over all creatures of the night, evil and good. He brought upon the moon, the stars, and the ocean. His wife, the Lady of Light, was the most beautiful creature to have every lived. Her skin shone like the sun, and her eyes twinkled like the rays reflecting off of a trickling river. She was ruler of all living creatures of the light, who where all good in there own ways. She also brought upon the sun, earth, and sky. The third of the great ones was what seemed to be an old man in nothing more then a potato sack for clothing and a sun dial around his neck. His name was Olaf the Lord of time and it was his doing that brought the mortals.

When Olaf first created mortal humans, he gave them each special powers, creating nature as we know it today. There where the Dryads, who communicated and interacted with all of natures children from the tallest tree to the smallest insect. Also, the tribe of wind warriors, who used winds and breezes to cut their homes out of caves, eroding the stone with their abilities. Also was a community of Earth Nomads who's bodies grew big and muscular like the rock and mountains they molded. The Ember Nation was one of the more civilized race, living in homes made of melted iron ore. Last, was the mysterious water tribe. The lived secluded from the others on an island in the middle of a huge lake. There they used there amazing powers over water to form a beautiful city of un-melting ice and steam powered everything.

Years later, after the creation of mankind and the world was finished, the Lord of Darkness and the Lady of Light had a son, the Prince of Shadow. The young Prince was a trouble maker from the start, torturing mortals and extinguishing magical beasts on wild hunting trips. When his mother and father showed a great disapproval for his actions, he ran away to earth, living amongst the mortals, but not seeming to hide his true nature as a great being.

Just when things couldn't seem to get worse, Olaf had a vision. It was a prophecy that spoke of the Prince of Shadow one day killing off all of the elemental immortals, taking their powers, and ruling over the world his parents had worked so hard to create. Luckily, not all prophecy's are certain, for he had another vision speaking of a day when 5 strong elementals from every race would come together for the first time and fight for their world. Olaf was the only one with the information on the identities and whereabouts of each child. Without telling the other two, he kidnapped the children, sending them all to different time periods.

Now, its come the day that all their birthdays converge into one, sending them all back to the time where the Prince of Shadow, now called Durin, is slowly taking over. Will the children learn how to use there skills in time to save the world? Or is it too much to ask of a few young adults?

Last edited by a moderator:

The wind blew through the trees as the five awoke to find themselves in a strange cave with a giant hole in the top, allowing sunlight to pass through. The inside of the cave was filled with grass, trees, and other plants as well as birds and flying insects. A small cottage lies on the opposite side of a river from where they sat, and smoke piped out of the brick chimney. An old man with a silver beard wearing a suit and tie stood in the middle of them all, looking intently at his pocket watch. He scoffed to himself then looked around at the group.

"About time you all woke up," He said to them all in a British accent. "Time is of the essence, and we'e got to get you all up to speed and ready for your trials! Now I want you all to line up in front of me in order I call you in!" He pulled out a slip of paper from his left slack pocket, and cleared his throat. "Falisity, Rayne, Eimyn, William, and lastly Willow," He looked up to see the young ones staring at him blankly. "Well! Don't just sit there, stand up and get in line! We haven't got all day!" The old man nodded at them, and raised his hand, remembering. "Ah yes, I almost forgot! I am Olaf. Lord of Time and mentor to the Five. Now, you know who I am." He smiled reassuringly.

Rayne slept blissfully on the ground after her arrival inside the cave. However, her slumber didn't last long; she slowly awoke a moment after Olaf spoke, feeling something tingling on her face. She reached up to touch her cheek, noticing something fuzzy dart down her chin. She lifted up in an instant and saw a small cave spider dash down her neck. She let out a scream and quickly jumped up, dancing around to try and shake it off. Blimey, that thing had scared the living daylights out of the poor girl!

Frowning, Rayne turned to look over at Olaf--who seemed to still be talking--while she tucked a lock of her blonde hair behind an ear and brushed some dirt off her hat. Rude! Wasn't he going to ask if she was all right? That spider could have eaten her alive! Sighing, Rayne placed her hands on her hips while trying to recall everything that had happened. Right, she had willingly gone with this man. Something had called her to come with him deep down. She glanced to her side seeing four other young people in the group. She let out a huff.

"You want us to line up? I don't think so. You told me to come with you and I did, but now I'd like to know why exactly you wanted me to come. What's this about?" she asked. Rayne wanted some answers before she did anything the man wanted.

William drifted back to consciousness, bracing himself on one elbow to survey his surroundings. There was grass beneath him, unfamiliar. His memory of last night was foggy but unsettling.

He had followed Eiwym. Eiwym had followed an old man. There was fire. And then?

His heart sank into the pit of his stomach. Everything was strange. People in outlandish costume were upset by things he couldn't keep up with. Eiwyn was... there. He seemed unhurt. The sick feeling receded a little, replaced by quiet wonderment.

The cavern was huge. Smooth and jagged stone fused in a gigantic tapestry punctured only by an irregular circle of blue sky. In every direction William could feel the earth's unmoving stability. It comforted him. The human turmoil around him receded in significance, becoming manageable.

He stood up in a single languid motion, towering over the others by a head and a half. A swift hook with his bare foot brought his staff flipping up into his grasp. He leaned on it. The old man had wanted a line. If a line were to form, it could form around William.

Eimyn Smith blinked wearily awake. For someone that spent a lot of his time working over a hot furnace, or over hot metal, he seemed slightly disturbed by the fire that brought them...here. Where ever here was. So far, it just seemed like a caven, as Eimyn sat up, looking about.

Eimyn was quite, contemplating and pondering this, letting out a relieved breath to see that William was okay, even if they were trapped here together. He was always comforted by his younger brothers prescence, and often called his brother a "gentle gaint", an inside joke really as the other kids would torment William with the name calling. Eimyn would defend his brother to the death.

It fascinated Eimyn that things grew in this cave, even with the sunlight coming in the cave through the gaint hole. Finally his eyes ran over the other three strangers here with William and himself. They seemed...strange. They had different styles of clothing and hair, it seemed and Eimyn was slightly perturbed with this. What did it mean?

He was thrown out if his thoughts as one of the girls seemed to panic because of...what he guessed was a bug of some sort. She made such a fuss about it that Eimyn nearly rose to go get rid of it if only to stop the foolishness and then she seemed to deal with it.

As the man told them to line up, Eimyn sighed. There didn't seem to be any reason not to, and besides, he wanted to be closer to William, so he stood, and went behind William "are you okay?" He asked, brushing back his hair with a flick of his hand in mild annoyance. He always threatened to have it cut, but never did.

Olaf smirked at the young Rayne. " My girl. All in good time. My first lesson shall be the lesson of patients. Now if you could stand in line with the others, I shall explain everything." The old man smiled, showing dark wrinkles in his face from years of laughter, and even more years of sorrow. He looked at the others in with a happy face. "Oh and I almost forgot, I also brought presents!" He giggled, amused with himself. He had never had to deal with young children aside from the young prince before, and was quite pleased with his progress so far.

He read the confusion on their faces as they took in one another's appearance. He let out along sigh as he began to explain "I see you have all realized that not all of you are alike. I am sorry to have caused this confusion, let me explain." He cleared his throat, sitting on a rock that seemed to grow out of the ground. "A long time ago before there was anything. Any rivers, any windy days or hot evenings. Any mountains or forests. Any sun or sky. There where three great beings. There was I, Olaf, Lord of Time. As well as The Lord of Darkness and The Lady of Light. Together we created all these things. The earth, the elements, the sun, and the moon. We created humans as well. But in the beginning of humanity, there where races. Not like the races you all know. So called 'whites' and 'blacks' and 'Asians' and 'Indianans'. No they where not put into race by their skin or features. They had magic!" He smiled at the children. "Some could move mountains. Break them and move them and make them grow taller!" Looking at William now, he shifted his gaze to Eimyn. "Some could use fire, and create it with simply a spark. They'd make giant tornadoes of flames, and sculpt whole cities out of metal! Some lived in the forest and talked to the trees and animals, laughing with them and making them grow larger. Others could take the wind, and make it sharp as a razor, cutting through stone like a razor through paper." He looked to Falisity now. "Others could calm seas, and rage rivers. They used the water to express their emotions and lived in giant cities of solid ice."

He stopped realizing that Falisity was probably the most confused out of them all. He wondered if she even spoke modern English. He snapped his fingers, and pulled out a small closed sack from his pocket. He opened it and pinched out a small amount of the golden powder inside. Holding his palm flat in front of his mouth, he blew the powder onto her face, and smiled. "Much better. Now you know what i'm saying, and I don't have to figure out exactly which dialect your people where using." He smiled and nodded to the children.

Rayne sulked privately and let out a huff of air. She wasn't sure what Olaf meant by saying she would learn in good time, but she hoped that was soon. The man did say their first lesson was patients, but that wasn't exactly the blonde's strong suit. She reluctantly stood in a line with the others and folded her arms. She perked up at the idea of a present, but had no clue what to expect.

She then listened to the man's tale of magic, elements, and people who could wield said elements. Rayne had never heard such a thing in her life, but she did believe the man. There was something that told her deep down that he was being truthful, something she couldn't explain. She still, however, wore a look of confusion on her face. Olaf's story was interesting, but it told her little so far.

"While that is a rather interesting tale, what does it have to do with us?" she paused and corrected herself. "What does it have to do with me?" She didn't really care what the others had to do with this. Rayne didn't know them.

"I am well." William said, not turning around. He listened to Olaf intently now, committing his words to memory. It was the most he could do at the moment. There was too much to take in, all this talk of races, magic, and razors. These would have to be proven.

William mentally echoed the blonde's question. The old man had not brought them there to stand in a line, surely, and it would be a long walk back home. William had promised to help Boyd with his firewood today. He would be furious if William was late.

Willow's eyes sluggishly opened to the echoing sounds of voices. I must be late as ever. She lifted herself up and observed her surroundings.

Cavern walls lined with aged moss. Patches of grass splotched onto the floor. Willow wanted to continuing exploring but heard the commanding voice of the elder man. When she saw the man she remembered what occurred. Her mother screeching in Russian and Willow helplessly trying to translate. Willow didn't know what overtook her to go with the man rather than try to save her mother. Was it his frightening words of 'arrested'? Or was it that an hour before she got into a huge argument with her mother. No matter the reason Willow felt hollow inside.

Enough reminiscing, might as well listen to what the old man has to say. I'm already here. Willow walked over to stand at the end of the make-shift line. At first Willow spaced out from his words until she heard the word 'present'.

A microscopic warmth filled her heart. This gesture of a gift must be an indication of acceptance and welcoming. Some being actually accepts me. Wait don't get ahead of yourself. I could just be another tool. Conflict stood on her heart. All Willow ever wanted was acceptance and some comfort.

As Willow continued listening she ridiculed herself. Of course not a physical present...it's a 'magical' present. How stupid was I to think that I was going to get something from a stranger. The part when Olaf spoke of magic beings who held strong connections to nature interested her. At least they had friends...they seem to be the happiest out of all of them. If only I could be like them. Accepted and maybe even revered.

A question popped up after Olaf's explanation. Willow sought for the source of the voice. It came from a beautiful young lady, perhaps about 19, who had platinum blonde hair and a pale complexion. Willow flushed where she stood trying to hold back her thoughts.

Eimyn frowned, listening a the old man, Olaf spoke, telling them tale and seeming to address each of them in turn. It seemed strange, and Eimyn said, "But that doesn't explain how we got here" He said "You seem to think that we are needed, or that we should be here. You approached us, took us here, from....what appears to be different ti-Oh. Right. Lord of Time." He sighed, and pretended to brush dirt and dust of his clothes even though he didn't care about that.

He looked over to the girl that seemed obsessed with knowing what it had to do with her. He sighed again. He disliked snobbish people. She could have just finished with wha it had to do with them, but instead, she continued, seemingly trying to make herself the centre of attention, "The old time guy said patience. Maybe listen to him and line up, and then just wait without complaining. I believe that' what patience means" He said, before falling silent, deep contemplation falling over his face as he pondered what was happening here.

He sighed again after a few moments. "or you could use common sense, and use that thing in your head called a brain, and connect the dots. he brought us here. He's talking about these magical abilities. He's addressing us. Connecting the dots, it obviously has something to do with us" He fell silent, looking away, and it was clear that he wasn't going to speak again. He fell into deep thinking, and seemed embarrassed by how much he had spoken and addressed the strangers in the cavern.

Eimyn frowned, listening a the old man, Olaf spoke, telling them tale and seeming to address each of them in turn. It seemed strange, and Eimyn said, "But that doesn't explain how we got here" He said "You seem to think that we are needed, or that we should be here. You approached us, took us here, from....what appears to be different ti-Oh. Right. Lord of Time." He sighed, and pretended to brush dirt and dust of his clothes even though he didn't care about that.

He looked over to the girl that seemed obsessed with knowing what it had to do with her. He sighed again. He disliked snobbish people. She could have just finished with wha it had to do with them, but instead, she continued, seemingly trying to make herself the centre of attention, "The old time guy said patience. Maybe listen to him and line up, and then just wait without complaining. I believe that' what patience means" He said, before falling silent, deep contemplation falling over his face as he pondered what was happening here.

He sighed again after a few moments. "or you could use common sense, and use that thing in your head called a brain, and connect the dots. he brought us here. He's talking about these magical abilities. He's addressing us. Connecting the dots, it obviously has something to do with us" He fell silent, looking away, and it was clear that he wasn't going to speak again. He fell into deep thinking, and seemed embarrassed by how much he had spoken and addressed the strangers in the cavern.

Olaf smiles brightly at Eimyn. "Very observant of you, Eimyn." He looked at the others, straight faced. "I understand you all must have a thousand questions, and Eimyn is right. This story does have a lot, in fact, it has everything to do with all of you. Each one of you is from a different place yes, but not just separated by geographical differences. Age, time period, and elements separate you all. You where each born on the same day, same year, even in the same room. But I was forced to separate all of you, save Eimyn and William simply because William needed another elemental to keep him...in check so to speak.Now, I'm sure this is a bit a suprise, finding out you are all from different time periods. I know, it would scare me too." Olaf rambled, ignorant of the fact that all five young ones where suddenly hit by a wave of information that changed literally everything. The parents they had come to know and love? Not really their parents. The lives they had lived, not even theirs. Everything they thought they knew, was wrong.

A Strong wind blew through the cave, circling the walls making a hollow sound that echoed throughout the cave. The grass and trees swayed and Olaf breathed in deeply. "It's time to go inside," He smiled. "Come now, children, you can learn the history of each other over dinner!" He giggled, pleased with himself. He started to walk towards the rather small cottage near the far wall of the cave.

(Story update! Falisity is now removed from the initial group, and will be introduced later on in the story. Roleplaying may now move forward, and @SavvyCross you will be introduced soon so please have the character ready and be ready to reply XP)

You where each born on the same day, same year, even in the same room

That one line was enough to shake Eimyn completely. Did that mean that he and William weren't blood? How could that be? If they were born on the same day and the same year, how could they be? William was younger then him...time lord. Right. Did their parents know? Eimyn would have been four when Olaf...deposited William into his life. Old enough to know that babies didn't just suddenly appear, but young enough to believe any story he was told.

He didn't realize he was shaking until a warmth flooded over him, and he blinked, looking about. His hands curled into fists, and he said softly, "it doesn't matter. Even if we aren't blood, we're still brothers" he looked around at the other two people there, wondering where the fifth person was, but not for long "you're parents are still your parents. It doesn't matter that they are your biological parents. They still raised you. Gave you love and care. We may have been taking away from everything we know, but our memories are ours. Nothing can change that. Our parents, our lives, made us who we are here. Nothing much has changed, other then the fact we have been taken out of the times we were in and brought here, right?"he seemed to shrug, and looked down,

Blushing slightly "so we don't really know...what we are. But who we are is based on our loves, even if there was this big thing we didn't know about" he fell silent, and then took a deep breath and followed Olaf inside.

You were each born on the same day, same year, even in the same room.

Willow's head was hollow of thoughts until she registered the sentence. It didn't matter to her if these people were related to her or not, at least the thought of her having a common problem with strangers provided her with some comfort.

So this means that my father was never really my father, but this doesn't heal the wounds that are bounded into my heart. And currently my mom could be considered gone, living with dad now. Just more wounds for my heart. And that William got Eimyn...is not fair. I was left for isolation by not only family but by society. Why did he place me in such a hated age? Why did I grow up to have forbidden love? Why do I still feel all alone even if I share a common problem with these people?

Willow admired Eimyn's speech but the words didn't seem to have any effect on her. She still felt betrayed, isolated, and unwanted. Oh how false love can grant such severe damage. My parents left me, first my father to go to heaven leaving me with a grief-stricken wife who barely cared for me afterwards. Perhaps knowing that my whole life has been a whole act will ease this pain.

But no matter what angle Willow tries to view her 'life' it still resulted in pain. Pain is all she ever knew. The false love and memories she received are true to her heart but now fake in her mind. Willow's eyes were outlined with tears with none falling, she didn't know how to react to this. A larger conflict within continued to amass as the seconds tick by.

Her attention was momentarily removed from her struggle to see as the time lord walked towards a cottage. She stood there wiping her eyes dry. She didn't want to seem weak in front of the others and turned to see if any of them were following Olaf. Eimyn's last words of not knowing what/who they are encouraged her to follow the time lord even though all he ever granted her was pain and misery.

William followed Olaf, brow furrowed. The old man had said many things now. Things that sounded like lies.

Like the time that gypsy woman had come to town and told William that she was a doctor, and she had a potion that would make him the smartest boy in the village if he gave her a penny. Only William knew that he could never be the smartest boy, because all the other villagers said he would never be. So he kept his penny. And when he told Eimyn, he had said that it was the smart thing to do after all.

But now the strange old man (a gypsy man, William realized, on account of the strange clothes) was saying ridiculous things and everyone took him seriously. Even Eiwyn believed him.

William scowl deepened. Of course they were still brothers. Why was that even a question?

Olaf opened the door, and replied to Eimyn without looking back. "See that's where it gets complicated. See, when we originally created you humans, we didn't think you all had the brain capacity for the chemical reactions involved, until one day we checked up to see everyone having emotions and coming up with different words for these emotions and feelings like 'love' and 'hate'. The more we looked into this ' Love and Hate' phenomena, the more we realized that you weren't so different from us, aside from being weak and unintelligent lifeforms." Olaf stopped inside the cottage before the children entered. "And I would have you know, that your parents...your real parents love and miss you all very much. Which is why, as soon as we retrieve the fifth, we will be going on...a kind of journey to meet your people as well as your true birth parents. I think you'll find the bond between elemental and untouched family is rather....different." He chuckled to himself.

As the children entered the small cabin, they realize it is much bigger on the inside then it looked outside. In fact, it was impossibly larger inside then out. The floor was grey marble, and quartz pillars lined in a row straight down from the front door. In the air near the ceiling, there where little balls of light as well as little masses of nothingness floating around, illuminating the whole hall. At the end of the row of columns, there where two stone staircases, one going left and one right, that led up to a second floor where a man and woman's mumbling voices could be heard arguing. Olaf scowled and shook his head. "For Great Beings, they sure do argue a lot," Olaf chuckled to himself. He led the group up the stairs, frowning at the couple sitting in thrones on the second floor. The two thrones where just as different as the two people where.

The one on the left was tall and slender, draped in what could only be described as a ray of sunshine woven into a cloud. It sparkled and curtained down to the floor where it seemed to turn to almost a light sparkling fog just before it hit the floor so it appeared the woman sitting in it was floating. The woman in it was just as beautiful, if not more, then the chair and palace itself. She had long flowing hair that looked like the sun itself. Her twinkling blue eyes resembled that of the sun reflecting off a clear river bank.

On the other side was a dark, scary looking man with a long scraggly beard and eyes as black as the night sky. His chair seemed to be made out of lava that had long since dried and been eroded to the point where sharp parts jutted out everywhere. his hair was a long curtain of black with a few silvery hairs that, when he tilted his head, made it look like there where stars spread throughout his hair.

The couple stopped arguing at once, looking as the children ascended the staircase. The lady in white smiled graciously at them, while the man frowned in disapproval. Olaf bowed his head to them and announced, "I present four of the five," The man on the dark thrown scoffed, looking from Olaf to the children. "This is the group that is to defeat him?! You really think that these little mortal children will be able to stand up to the prince of shadow? And his whole army?! HA!!! And why is it that you have only retrieved four? There where to be five! Water fire air rock and nature, Olaf. You're the lord of time, how hard could it be to retrieve all five children?!" Olaf began to speak, but was cut off by the sound of the lady clearing her throat and giving him a look of 'Just leave it be,'

"Now, darling," The lady said, her voice as soothing as the wind through the trees. "I'm sure Olaf has a perfectly reasonable explentation, and we should not yet judge these children on what they have not yet shown us," She smiled at the man brightly, causing his face to turn slightly pink and he crossed his arms, nodding. Olaf grinned and looked to the children.

"Children, I present to you, The Lord of Darkness and The Lady of Light. Your creators and..well...that's about it," Olaf laughs loudly.

Eimyn looked about the place, quite and serious as he thought about what Olaf was saying. Half of it didn't make sense, but..."everything has intelligent life, even if you can't see it." He looked about the place, noticing that it was larger then it should be, unless appearances were just trickery. He supposed if you were great beings, then nothing was impossible, but still...was this whole thing just a joke? If so, it was a terrible well thought out one, even if there were holes in it. Such as the different times things. When Olaf mentioned their 'real parents' Eimyns thoughts immediately went to the parents that had raised him, and William. They were his parents. These other ones Olaf spoke off were just...a means to a end, it seemed. But Eimyn kept an open mind, looking to William.

As they entered, and could hear the arguing, Eimyn frowned. It seemed like such a...human thing to do. Perhaps these immortals as they put it weren't so different from them. As Olaf led them up, Eimyn couldn't help but think that the thrones were a bit much. If you were great beings, why did you have to sit on a pedestal to be praised? Didn't they have anything better to do? But then, Eimyn had never got the whole leader thing. Kings, Queens, it really made no difference to how you lived.

He studied the two people in the thrones, and then shrugged. Yes, they looked impressive. But that was about it. He seemed to ponder their words for a time, before saying softly, yet his voice carrying "you have had how many years to try and take down this prince of shadows. And yet you haven't. That tells me that you need is, even if we are 'little mortal children'. All I got from what you said is that you, immortals or whatever the heck you are, haven't been able to defeat this guy. So you have us. And if you don't like it, well...you created us" he would not be cowed by these two, and he stood up straight, crossing his arms over his chest-they were muscled, a sign if his blacksmithing. His Scottish accent came in thick as his emotions fueled his voice. Guess that living in Scotland, despite maybe not being born there, had given him his accent. It was like a little act of defiance, a little connection to his home.

He stared at the three beings, and didn't appear phased by being in their presence.

Rayne ignored Eimyn when he told her to be patient, continuing to mentally complain for a moment while playing with a few stray locks of her blonde hair. She listened to Olaf, pleased when he spoke again, and even more pleased at his news. A small grin spread over the girl's face. So the people who she had been living with weren't her parents. That didn't change the fact that she loved them, but it did change the fact that she felt as if she had to do what they said. It was interesting to know she wasn't really theirs.

She followed Olaf, along with the others, and made her way to the little cabin. It was... quaint... that was for sure. Rayne wasn't used to being in a place such as this, or around others who were dressed like commoners. But they weren't commoners. According to Olaf, they were all very important.

"If we are to defeat this great force that you are so afraid of, why must we go see our real parents? What does that have to do with anything?" she questioned, turning up her nose with disapproval at the idea.

Her face showed disgust, but inside, she was afraid. What were her parents like? Was it true that they loved her? What if they didn't? And did she have any other siblings? So many questions ran through her head.

When Olaf brought them before The Lord of Darkness and the Lady of Light she curtsied politely. A fake smile and mannerism took over her body that her parents had instilled in her.

"Greetings Lord, Lady," she said, nodding to each of them. "If you are our creators, you have my thanks. I'm rather glad I was... created."

Willow's eyes traced every detail of the cottage. Her eyes seemed to have been deceived from the space of the inside from the perimeter on the outside. But she did not ponder nor cared onto this thought for so long. Everything she glanced that, that should have color instead was a dull gray. Her gray, with a hint of blue, eyes were trained onto nothing.

Her ears were paying attention though to the conversations being spoken.

Our real parents? Yet why do I feel so much pain for ones who weren't even blood related. Will my real parents want me? Accept me? And most of all love me?

A flicker of hope sparked inside her heart but was too weak compared to the wet darkness inside of her.

A thought came across her mind as they approached the great beings. So human yet they bear so much raw aura. She felt herself shrinking as they came closer to them.

Once she heard their introductions and who they were a flash of anger brewed inside of her. Why must they create me? I bear so much pain and denial. It seems as though the others have lived average lives, except for Blondie over there, but they still seem to have an edge of happiness to them. While I'm the dark storm cloud in the back. Her eyes were hypnotized though once she looked at them. Such power. And grace to them, even the man. She cowered away to the back of the group not wanting to see her creators, her pain-makers.

Now seemed like a good time to reevaluate his beliefs in magic. He would have been more skeptical, but the large halls of the cottage had unsettled him deeply. Buildings were supposed to be solid, reasonable things. There had been no space for this in the house. He wondered if they were now somewhere completely different, and what would be outside if he were to smash a hole in the walls. Perhaps the hall had other doors that each led to strange places. Perhaps reasonable laws governed all these things.

William forced a polite smile as the strange Lord and Lady inspected them. He was used to insults, but he would only draw more by opening his mouth. Still, he instantly disliked their careless callousness. They did not act like the parents he had known. They were like landlords criticizing a poor harvest. He briefly entertained the thought that the Lord and Lady were gypsy slave traders and their group the latest haul.

He stepped protectively between Willow and the critical gaze of their 'parents' as she retreated to the back of the group. It wasn't fair to abandon them and then expect so much. He wasn't even sure what that 'much' was.

"What do you want us to do?"
He asked, his voice cut like the polished marble floors.

Olaf frowned at the Lord, "Dark, you musn't talk like that! They have been through a lot already and don't need you're negativity anymore then the rest of this universe does." The Lord looked at Olaf, glaring at him with fire in his eyes. The Lady stood, seeming to float as she walked gracefully, moving faster then it seemed her legs where taking her.

The Lady stopped, looking at all of the children's face's and frowning. "My dear children, it sorrows me knowing that all of you are so distraught. I want so much to take all the bad from this world and help you, but...alas I cannot. Although I can help you with each of your powers, allowing your learning experience to not be so..painful.." She smiles, willing a giant golden sack into her hands. It seemed to be empty though she reached it, grabbing something as she looked towards Eimyn.

Pulling out a flint and steel tool, she handed it to him and grinned happily. "I trust you know how to use this? You'll need it," She winked. stepping over now to William. She saw the look of confusion on his face. "My dear gem, Allow me to aid you in your confusion," She pulled out an old worn book. "This book has many stories, songs, and pictures that tell the whole true history of the world. I hope you will also share it's knowledge with your companions," She nods walking to Willow, now.

Sorrow floods her eye's a a storm brewed, threatening to flood out from behind her eyelids. Touching Willow's face, she sighs and forces a smile. "You look as though you might wilt, my dear flower. Perhaps something to take care of will help?" Out of the bag she pulls out a a strange looking

walking-plant-9574891.jpg
The plant moved as if it were a living thing, and it's branch like arm waved at the young girl happily. It whispered in her ear 'Hello I am Steve,' In a voice that sounded a bit like the groaning of an old tree. (kinda like treebeard from the Lord of the Rings?) The lady smiled happily, nodding at the little thing and at Willow. And to Rayne she frowned."I'm sure that throughout your life, you've gotten every little thing that you've wanted, haven't you? Well today, I'm giving you something that you may not want, but it's what you need." She took out an old and worn wooden fan from her bag of gifts, opening it to show an ornate painting on it. On the fan showed a scene of dozens of men and women all standing together on the left and to the right was a giant mountain side. The people seemed to be using fans similar to this one to blow large gusts of wind towards the mountain, though it did not resemble most swirling wind like in other paintings. This wind looked more sharp, like a curved blade with many layers. "Use this wisely, and do not break it. This fan has been passed down for countless generations of powerful elementals like yourself."

Looking at the four and she smiled. "I hope this helps some?"

Rayne kept the fake, polite smile and cheerful gaze upon her creators. She was surprised when the others barely said anything, but stepped back to give the Lord and Lady space when she spoke again. She held a single lock of her blonde hair and began to twirl it around one of her fingers impatiently.

Watching in curiosity as she gave certain items to each of them, Rayne waited eagerly to find out what she would be given, or--at least--if she would be given anything at all. She would surely complain if she was the only one not given anything! Surely if peasant children were given gifts, she--a lady of class--would be given something as well!

And she was given something. It was an old fan.

"You're correct. I'm not a fan of this gift," she replied, losing a bit of the polite tone in her voice.

Her witty pun had not been intended. Rayne hardly ever joked unless she was very comfortable around someone or she was trying to impress an important guest. She had been trying to impress her creators, but grew careless and forgot when her eyes fell upon the fan.

"What am I supposed to do with it?" she questioned, reaching to take it. It looked so old, she was worried that if she touched it the item would dissolve in her hand.

Eimyn watched as the lady came towards him, handing him steel and flint. He blinked at it, wondering just why he needed these, when he had some...at home...in his room...in other words, not where he could get it. He studied the fire making tools, and then put them away in a pocket, watching as she went to the others.

He studied them all, watching reactions and what they were given, and he was not surprised at Raynes reaction. As the lady said, she had probably gotten everything she wanted, and new at that. She probably couldn't see the value in the gift, nor the meaning behind it. He sighed heavily, and looked at the book William had been given with curiosity, before taking out the flint and steel again.

Fire. Well, that was obvious.

Willow had been given a plant. Which could easily be connected to earth. But Eimyn didn't think so. The plant moved. It seemed more...then just simple earth.

Raynes had been given a fan. Air then?

And William a book of knowledge. What was that connected to?

Eimyn sighed again, and struck the steel to the flint with practiced movement, lightly, causing a spark to occur. He smiled at the simple task, before looking over at Rayne and said simply "learn" he turned back to the fire tools, and cradled them gentle in his palms

Willow felt a bit of appreciation when the boy named William stepped in front of her, showing a sign of protection. She continued looking down until Lady of the Light came around.

Willow was still looking down when she felt her presence. When she felt the touch of her hand Willow looked up into her eyes. At that moment Willow felt as if her earlier rage at them was stupidity but her conscience told her it was not. She watched closely not feeling anything at the moment as the Lady pulled out a plant from the bag.

A plant?

Willow held the plant on her cupped hands. Sheer curiosity doused her sadness. Her grayish-blue eyes examined the living specimen. Her eyes widened when she saw it wave, the action equivalent as to a human. Then her eyes were about to pop out of her head when she heard it talk, at least only to her as far as she can see.

"Hello I am Steve." the tree supposedly said.

Willow glanced from the corners of her eyes to see if any of the others saw what she was seeing but they all seemed busy with their gifts.

An infinitesimal smile appeared on her face. "Hi Steve," she whispered back to the little plant. A seedling of happiness finally grew in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back