• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy βØỮŇĐ β¥ ĆĦΔΞŇŞ

Nothingness Nothingness
When there are a large amount of players, I do think a posting order would be a good idea, as long as you ensure that you do actually kick the people not responding, and not leave it forever.

This is irrelevant to my above comment, however, I have a couple of questions.
How often is the minimum requirement for a post?
How much is the minimum requirement for a post?
Is there an actual plot line for this roleplay? Or is it more of a sandbox based on the setting you described initially?

Nothingness Nothingness
When there are a large amount of players, I do think a posting order would be a good idea, as long as you ensure that you do actually kick the people not responding, and not leave it forever.

This is irrelevant to my above comment, however, I have a couple of questions.
How often is the minimum requirement for a post?
How much is the minimum requirement for a post?
Is there an actual plot line for this roleplay? Or is it more of a sandbox based on the setting you described initially?

I agree with her questions and I'm a bit worried in my postings because I am not a person that texts a two paragraph response, I would tend to text one paragraph at a time as common for me . Plz don't kick me >~<

Lenny2000 Lenny2000
Right as soon as I get the CS thread up.

That's fine, as long as you can post at the very least one paragraph. I'm all happy with it. ;o

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
>So to answer your first question about the often amount of time of post.
I'd suggest that the minimum would be hopefully a day a post if it would be possible, though I understand that life can get a bit hectic for people due to jobs, school and just life in general. So I can accept at the very least of 3 posts a week. Anything below that would need to be consulted with me to see as to why or what might be wrong.

>As for the amount of length on a post. I don't really ask for much but i'd at least like for people to post at the minimum of one paragraph to two. One liners are really kind of a problem to me since it leaves so much open and makes things near impossible to reply to.

>Plot-wise, the roleplay is mostly based around an open sandbox as you stated and mostly what is written down on the story from the first page. I'd like to give players the opportunity to be able to make up your own stories within the asylum a bit and spread out.
Although there is still a small plot aside from that fact and it's kind of the idea of eventually, to see if people can escape the asylum and begin living their lives outside of the place while attempting to stay hidden in society. All at the time with the wars raging on between the different countries and threats of invasions from others coming. Whether or not the roleplay will be able to progress any further than that...I honestly..do not have that much hope..sadly. Hah.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000

That's fine, as long as you can post at the very least one paragraph. I'm all happy with it. ;o

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
I'd suggest that the minimum would be hopefully a day a post if it would be possible, though I understand that life can get a bit hectic for people due to jobs, school and just life in general. So I can accept at the very least of 3 posts a week. Anything below that would need to be consulted with me to see as to why or what might be wrong.

>As for the amount of length on a post. I don't really ask for much but i'd at least like for people to post at the minimum of one paragraph to two. One liners are really kind of a problem to me since it leaves so much open and makes things near impossible to reply to.

>Plot-wise, the roleplay is mostly based around an open sandbox as you stated and mostly what is written down on the story from the first page. I'd like to give players the opportunity to be able to make up your own stories within the asylum a bit and spread out.
Although there is still a small plot aside from that fact and it's kind of the idea of eventually, to see if people can escape the asylum and begin living their lives outside of the place while attempting to stay hidden in society. All at the time with the wars raging on between the different countries and threats of invasions from others coming. Whether or not the roleplay will be able to progress any further than that...I honestly..do not have that much hope..sadly. Hah.
Could I please add to offer that throughout the time of day there would be times such as time for eating, time for games, time for sleep, etc... to try to regulate the asylum?

Could I please add to offer that throughout the time of day there would be times such as time for eating, time for games, time for sleep, etc... to try to regulate the asylum?
Honestly? my opinion on schedules and stuff is that if it's implemented the owner of the RP should designate when those transitions happen. I've been parts of RPs where that stuff was just...a total mess.

Lenny2000 Lenny2000

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Thank you for the prompt and detailed response!

Sadly to say, I'm not particularly up for a sandbox roleplay at the moment, and will have to resign myself from here. Good luck anyway! ^^

Honestly? my opinion on schedules and stuff is that if it's implemented the owner of the RP should designate when those transitions happen. I've been parts of RPs where that stuff was just...a total mess.
That is totally true and I've seen it happen too it's just I was hoping the owner can implement it but at the same time be very active so he or she can regulate it

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
D'aww, alright. Not a problem. ;O
--

Lenny2000 Lenny2000
But of course, like I said. Life can get in the way quite a bit so it's understandable that things can stop others from posting..this is why the idea of the posting order was added.

--

By the way, to all of those who do read this. Malice Queen Malice Queen is co-admin/owner of the roleplay so when I am not around...which is mostly the entire during the daytime due to work. She will be taking my place and whatever she had stated is the same as my own thoughts. She has been through multiple different remakes of this roleplay so she is well informed on quite a bit of it.

I’d rather not have this line of people waiting to post, in my own Roleplay I’ve had some players wait for weeks for either my content or more commonly the content of others. People might lose interest at that point.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant
Honestly, I particularly am not a huge fan of the posting order myself because of the very reasons that you had just stated.
However, due to past experiences of having large groups of roleplayers; it tended to cause a lot of people not to understand how to slow down and then end up taking up multiple pages of just two people going back and forth and nearly causing it to become a practical private roleplay between two people.

If the count of players lowers down or if the trust of people actually being able to post and keep at a steady pace, then I will remove the idea.

Dear Mrs. Psycho Dear Mrs. Psycho
Indeeds.
Although I am currently still in the process of creating the main thread.

Literary Revenant Literary Revenant
Honestly, I particularly am not a huge fan of the posting order myself because of the very reasons that you had just stated.
However, due to past experiences of having large groups of roleplayers; it tended to cause a lot of people not to understand how to slow down and then end up taking up multiple pages of just two people going back and forth and nearly causing it to become a practical private roleplay between two people.

If the count of players lowers down or if the trust of people actually being able to post and keep at a steady pace, then I will remove the idea.

Dear Mrs. Psycho Dear Mrs. Psycho
Indeeds.
Although I am currently still in the process of creating the main thread.
Then this is an Asylum Correct? Why not separate this large group of players into Wards? Ward 13, 97, Bla bla bla. Give some players a smaller amount of other players to work with.

Then this is an Asylum Correct? Why not separate this large group of players into Wards? Ward 13, 97, Bla bla bla. Give some players a smaller amount of other players to work with.
I also agree with Literary Revenant Literary Revenant . Not everyone is going to be dedicated to this rp and very few are active and it's rather hell to be active waiting a day or two for a response so it's your turn . I'm a active player and I see tons of inactive people and I don't wanna wait because of others, if you loose your chance then u loose your chance, sorry but if your not gonna be that active then why be here ?

Nothingness Nothingness What I did in my story was separate people based on how they were taken in. Volunteers speak mostly to other volunteers, and Collected spoke with other Collected. This made for more personal interactions, especially with my Collected. As for me, I’m more used to having 2 or 3 characters, so I’m accustomed to many characters having different relations. (I.E. My Collector and one of the Characters might potentially start a romance. While my Warrior is comic relief for all.)

I also agree with Literary Revenant Literary Revenant . Not everyone is going to be dedicated to this rp and very few are active and it's rather hell to be active waiting a day or two for a response so it's your turn . I'm a active player and I see tons of inactive people and I don't wanna wait because of others, if you loose your chance then u loose your chance, sorry but if your not gonna be that active then why be here ?
That’s what I think when I get 12 people interested and 7 Complete CS with only 4 active players...

This IS an asylum roleplay. Grouping people up and establishing a post order that way is a great idea! If things don't work out and we lose people we'll just find a way to bring people from different wards into the main RP area.

Malice Queen Malice Queen It truly depends on how many people they have, if they are put in wards based on ability, by sex, by level of danger. Like a 3 to 4 person ward is big enough, heck I’d be happier with three person wards. Conversations can be more personal while not having to worry about 8 other people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back