• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Visual update to the site?

Do you enjoy the New Light/Dark layout?

• Total voters
PM Gaps and Widths have been completely fixed and made to resemble the previous sizes.

Avatars now follow you while you are reading. Same with the PM Sidebar.

I don't mind the visual change, it's just that the speech bubble thing that's on every post now is really distracting to me. While I do like that our avatars scroll down with the post, I personally think having one section be a darker gray than the other was unnecessary. The space at the top feels, idk, unbalanced? The fact that the dark gray bubble goes down to the signature looks off to me, like the messages are bottom heavy.

Speaking of the signature, the poor thing looks barely separate from the actual message. Same goes for the report, react, quote and reply buttons. It isn't helped that the darker gray speech bubble makes it look like it's part of the post content. I liked having the boxes around them, since it made them stand out. And while I'm certainly not against the sleek-ifying, the current design feels just a little too cramped. I think just a little more space between messages would be good to differentiate them.

Note: I mainly use dark mode, so these criticisms come mostly from that angle. I did take a peek at the new light mode and from what I saw, the speech bubbles were certainly less distracting than they are on dark. My complaints about the signature still stands though. The line separating the post and the signature is way fainter now, and I think that contributed to making the signature and post less distinct from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back