• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Visionary Panic [OOC and Characters]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Awesome we got posts rolling in, I'm planning to move us on with some contingency missions asap after everyone gets in here, so if your character is one of the earlier arrivers feel free to put their first impressions of other characters here in ooc and discuss them, share fun facts and whatnot.

Here's a few little things about the RP I'm gonna rant about today, feel free to not read it because it doesn't really matter
- In the CS reviews each character is addressed somewhat differently, this is intended. For those who aren't particularly affiliated with any faction they are addressed with Mr/Ms/generic address, those who were formerly of another faction are addressed as "Agent [name]", those who officially joined Misthart with no prior affiliations are "Operator [name]".
- The very very first conception of this RP dates back to September 2019 as a single paragraph about eye ball eating monsters in a dream journal (where most of my RP ideas come from), a lot of it was scrapped and a lot of it was repurposed, but the general concept was still there. Originally visionaries were a lot more complicated, they were all designed to have something that covered their eyes, as well as other spoilery things that got repurposed, I ditched the concepts after I turned it into the player identity.
- The ACTUAL reason why the city is always pink is to make environmental art easier to make, I rant about my art woes more on discord since it's mostly irrelevant

Awesome we got posts rolling in, I'm planning to move us on with some contingency missions asap after everyone gets in here, so if your character is one of the earlier arrivers feel free to put their first impressions of other characters here in ooc and discuss them, share fun facts and whatnot.
I'mma hold off on impression on other chars cuz Rai has a habit of scouting things out first. Like she is selfish and a bit self-absorbed obv lol but she has been part of a tight unit for years prior to this STF. And like even tho a reserved loner wolf bitch she will defo work to keep the STF at top peak optimal efficiency and deadliness.

BUT!! Tbh out of all, thinkin that there might be a link between Jaclyn and Rai. Like not saying they became buds or even met face to face but their paths may have crossed in two spots possibly without even knowing it.

The first link is if Jaclyn was part of the criminal part of Lotus, then there could be a connected dot if she ever was involved in the criminal element of blackmarket/drugs of which Clan Wicked, Rai's family, are involved. The Clan are warriors against Muduo but also have their claws dug deep into that criminal scene too.

The second link is that if Jaclyn was part of Sentinel as a undercover agent. Thinkin that Rai's old STF could possibly have crossed paths with Jaclyns Sentinel outfit due to how I see Rai's old STF, the FiendBreakers doing their own side investigations re: the trade of Visionary corpses and body parts. In my head, The FiendBreakers had vested interest re: these bodies, esp. the squad leader Laila Desanctorum who's lost several members during her STF career and a lot of the bodies are not accounted for. So thinking that Laila Desanctorum had contacts in Sentinel to get leads and possibly work together in 'off-the-book' covert ops trying to see who's behind the dead Visionary trade. Prior to being hired by the STF, Rai was part of a front line outfit vs. Muduo in Lotus called the Battle Angels and some of her Visionary family members who died in the field are not accounted for too so she has personal interest in this too. That and Clan Wicked believes this must somehow all be linked back to Misthart manipulation or mis-management. This is a huge part of the rationale behind Rai defiling that bonsai tree.

Thinking that Rai's old STF squad leader Laila Desanctorum was KIA 'by friendly fire' and thusly, coincidence or not, once she was killed the FiendBreakers were disbanded.

Like huge reveal so early on but these are all just thoughts as the lore of the world unravels cuz like these ideas could change or just not fit the more we figure out about this world anyways so just ideas rolling around in my head rn (and I wanna get it offa my chest now in case RP dies lol).

So how does post order work here? Are we posting in a sequence then waiting for our turn to come around before posting again or can we just jump in? Within reason of course.
You mention we're hopping onto contingency missions so will that happen once we've all posted once or after some conversation? :D
(sorry if it's a stupid question)

Also all these characters are so cool! I hope we can all get along, or at least have fun rivalries!
If anyone's interested in plotting stuff with Omeda please hit me up! There's so many fun possible dynamics to play with in our team :closed eyes open smile:
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia how long ago was Ryan arrested? As part of Armament Omeda might've heard about the incident? Unless you want to keep it secret, that's cool too

So how does post order work here? Are we posting in a sequence then waiting for our turn to come around before posting again or can we just jump in? Within reason of course.
You mention we're hopping onto contingency missions so will that happen once we've all posted once or after some conversation? :D

Also all these characters are so cool! I hope we can all get along, or at least have fun rivalries!
If anyone's interested in plotting stuff with Omeda please hit me up! There's so many fun possible dynamics to play with in our team :closed eyes open smile:
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia how long ago was Ryan arrested? As part of Armament Omeda might've heard about the incident? Unless you want to keep it secret, that's cool too
Twas one month ago he was arrested for killing a man
Prison was great for Ryan since they at least fed him regularly

Would love for a chummy respectful quiet-types bond between omeda and carson, I'll dm you with some thoughts tomorrow (if you don't dm me first ;) )

The first link is if Jaclyn was part of the criminal part of Lotus, then there could be a connected dot if she ever was involved in the criminal element of blackmarket/drugs of which Clan Wicked, Rai's family, are involved. The Clan are warriors against Muduo but also have their claws dug deep into that criminal scene too.
That is up for discussion with Jaclyn's player BFabulous BFabulous , I'm not gonna limit any of the outside relationship stuff.

The second link is that if Jaclyn was part of Sentinel as a undercover agent. Thinkin that Rai's old STF could possibly have crossed paths with Jaclyns Sentinel outfit due to how I see Rai's old STF, the FiendBreakers doing their own side investigations re: the trade of Visionary corpses and body parts. In my head, The FiendBreakers had vested interest re: these bodies, esp. the squad leader Laila Desanctorum who's lost several members during her STF career and a lot of the bodies are not accounted for. So thinking that Laila Desanctorum had contacts in Sentinel to get leads and possibly work together in 'off-the-book' covert ops trying to see who's behind the dead Visionary trade. Prior to being hired by the STF, Rai was part of a front line outfit vs. Muduo in Lotus called the Battle Angels and some of her Visionary family members who died in the field are not accounted for too so she has personal interest in this too. That and Clan Wicked believes this must somehow all be linked back to Misthart manipulation or mis-management. This is a huge part of the rationale behind Rai defiling that bonsai tree.
Seems all good, the corpse dealing might not be as big of a plot point, at least not in the current draft of the main plot. It's perfectly fine as a character motivation though so don't sweat that, but Rai likely would never get the closure she would want. There will be an arc that...sort of deals with it but not exactly.

Like huge reveal so early on but these are all just thoughts as the lore of the world unravels cuz like these ideas could change or just not fit the more we figure out about this world anyways so just ideas rolling around in my head rn (and I wanna get it offa my chest now in case RP dies lol).
Don't worry, in terms of huge reveals there will be plenty more to come, I have plenty of things that I would never reveal right now lol.

There is no posting order, I don't do that since it tends to hold up the RP. If someone doesn't post for a long time they can be skipped and I encourage people who have the time and inspiration to post to do stuff like random character interactions etc.

Hopping onto the next mission usually happens once per posting time range, basically every 7-10 days I will move on with the plot as long as some progress has been made, during that period everyone is free to jump in, interact, do what they want, etc.

Seems all good, the corpse dealing might not be as big of a plot point, at least not in the current draft of the main plot. It's perfectly fine as a character motivation though so don't sweat that, but Rai likely would never get the closure she would want. There will be an arc that...sort of deals with it but not exactly.

Don't worry, in terms of huge reveals there will be plenty more to come, I have plenty of things that I would never reveal right now lol.

Yeah, it all has to do with Background ideas so I'm all good to leave it all in the background. Like not gunna get all butthurt if those ideas never become a plot point. All goods. And anyways its all just idea crap bouncing around in my head and open to change. Aaaaaaand it looks like I'mma step up and keep the dream alive with the edgy edginess on the edge charrie since everyone else is out at Denny's lol

K, But question then: so for the Base Thread is it you who updates it or do we add to it?

Like for instance, Rai just disfigured the Bonsai tree. HOw do we go about posting there as 'redecorating' lol

K, But question then: so for the Base Thread is it you who updates it or do we add to it?

Like for instance, Rai just disfigured the Bonsai tree. HOw do we go about posting there as 'redecorating' lol
Oh the base will be managed by me since I do all the art for the base and also have the layered files for the images. I modify it based on what happens IC and player requests.
An update will happen with every new event or arc conclusion and/or player collab that has enough significance to warrant one.

Seeing as everyone has gotten a post in I'm going to ask whether or not you guys want some time to do interactions or we're jumping straight into the next arc, let me know which you prefer.

Hi!!

K so gots my post in before deadline!! Didn't add too much to the scene but just a bit more grrrr-rowr from Rai. Oh and nicknames she attaches to the other charries. lol

BFabulous BFabulous didn't drop that Rai is Clan Wicked yet. Thinkin it's more intersting to let that drop a bit later.

Alright new IC post is up, as well as an update to the base thread! Oh yeah I frame the best one-liner from every arc in base update, it's not really "the best", it's more like the most fitting with the arc. I did this with my DnD groups to encourage them to actually RP and it just became a habit, I'm sure y'all would actually RP as the characters.

Some of you may have received PMs from me in the past week with specific lore information I distributed based on character backstories.

New (suggested) IC task is obvious, but if you want you can choose to ignore pandaemonium that's going outside and eat pizza too, I can't stop you. Nice to see the RP kicking off with people being eager for stuff though.

A new post on the lore of Muduo types would be going up soon, but here's a tldr;

Primordial Muduo - RPG slimes, piles of flesh, no real shape or body, might look like an insect or arthropod. Usually size of average to large dog, probably can be beaten up by a fairly fit person with improvised blunt weapons.

Beastial Muduo - Have very obvious traits of animals, fangs claws shells limbs and whatever.

Amalgam Muduo - Combo of multiple animals, might even have disturbingly human looking parts, could have visionary-like powers but are ineffective at using them properly.

Humanoid Muduo - Very human shaped Muduos but very uncanny valley. Looks like shadow-y zombies with limbs and eyes in the wrong places/wrong proportions. Very dangerous, have not been seen in a while, could have visionary-like powers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back