• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Vintage plot! (With more to come!)

ValentineIllusion

Whoa what's a custom title-

Oh my gosh, I have been obsessed with 1940's and 1950's culture lately. I've sort of been switching between the wartime/WWII themes of the 40's and the really glamorous and happy vibes of the 50's, so I'm just putting all the ideas I have here X3

Quick rules and some quick notes:

• I always like for plots to have a little bit of romance in them, and for the ones that do, I would prefer to play the female character. I may play a male character, once or twice, but definitely run that by me first.
  • My post length fluctuates, usually around 1-5 paragraphs, and it usually depends on my mood. I have been in somewhat of a slump lately, but once I really get excited about a roleplay, I can definitely lean towards longer replies.
  • I'm a sucker for historical accuracy, but nobody's perfect. Obviously I don't want to see someone videotaping the 50's on an iphone, but if there's a small thing that's not quite right for that era, I won't mind. And I will probably make some mistakes, too, so go easy on me c:

Plots:

1940's:

Rough Draft:

[My character] knew that marrying so young was a mistake, but alcohol, parties, and silly teenage dreams lead her right into that predicament. At seventeen with an eighteen year old husband, the first thing the two of them had to do was sign him up for the draft. It was the least of their problems, when more alcohol, parties, and teenage dreams started to tear their relationship apart.

After two years, during another lover's spat, she kicks her husband to the curb - but the whole neighborhood knows she'll probably give in and let him back in soon. They all knew he'd be crawling back, and she'd let him back. Even she knew that! But they were stuck in this painful cycle. He really was going to get on his knees and crawl back into her life - until, the draft lottery was pulled, and he was plucked from normal life and into the war before he and [My character] could even meet and make up.

As much as she hated him, he was still her husband, and [My character] is devastated. She is soon swept into the working world of the factory district, but there, she meets [Your character] - a soldier just back from the war who had seen all the front line horrors himself, made clear by his scars and his lack of a limb. Working side by side on the production line, the two of them started to talk and eventually started to bond. She felt some security having someone she could talk to who understood where her husband had just been sent to. He felt it was much easier to adjust back to normal life after talking to her. The two of them make an odd couple, but just like the entire country, the two of them had to make do - and make the absolute best of it.

(And, after writing up that whole long thing, I've realized how late it is
xD More plots are to come! Message me if you're interested in this one! :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back