• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Vigilantes of Scar's Hollow

"Woah woah woah, hold on--fire? You're telling me this guy is basically the Human Torch?" Devlin shook his head in disbelief. "Whatever, man, just send me the GPS route, I'm heading over there." And with that, he slung the duffle bag over his shoulder, and headed out to his car; he didn't have time to pack anything else. He put the bag inside the trunk, and finally got into the car.

He turned the keys in the ignition, starting the vehicle, before speeding away. "I had no idea you were an enthusiast of my research, er, 'Permittted'," He started, driving down the lonely road. "Near everyone turned on me after the government framed me for treason. I'm surprised you didn't do the same."

Leo sent over the GPS to his building and said "Well, my organization isn't exactly on great terms with the men in suits. As for the Human Torch part, trust me, I was just as surprised as you." Leo put an anyonamous tip that criminals were planning on robbing a warehouse, it was a lie, but he bet it'd be pretty hard for whoever was chasing Devlin to explain.

Kyle chuckled as he heard Leo, "on my way, and the name is Fireball, the name vigilante is just too old school," he pulled a u-turn at the next possible street and headed towards the bulding, weaving through the cars easily until he saw the group of black SUV's "the government is too easily seen in their so-called, hard to see vehicles." He said as he caught up to them, "Leo, if I get you a connection can you hack their cars?" He said as he turned on two small devices that would target the nearest computer system and emit a signal.

Leo responded "It'll be like child's play, I got Devlin out, he's headed to my location. So, Devlin, do you work well in the dark?" Leo grinned as the warehouse's remaining lights shut down. "Fireball..I like the ring to it." Leo switched back over to Devlin "My friend, who now wants to be called Fireball, is dealing with those government pricks now."

Devlin sighed in disappointment. "Oh, I work excellently in the dark, thank you." We could see the house now, and as it came into view, he sighed in relief; he made it. "Many thanks to you, and your er, associates. But if you'll excuse me, I have a home to move into." And with that, he got out the car, retrieving his duffle bag before stepping inside.

Leo smiled and said "Welcome to my humble abode. Security cameras are offline right now thanks to Fireball, but motion sensors are still doing fine. So, I've got a spare blow-up mattress in the back, I'd grab it now bu-. Well, looks like I've got a ping." Leo patched into Fireball and said "I found Mckower, sending you his location now, he's in the slums."

"Thanks but let me finish these guys," He said as he sped in between the three cars, attaching one of the devices to each car, "you have 10 minutes before they self-destruct," he sped away, heading towards the location Leo Specified.

(No notifications, ugh)

Devlin nodded. "Well, it's certainly... roomy." He shrugged the bag off of his shoulder, and laid it down onto the floor. "You don't happen to have any thieves on your team, would you? I'm in desperate need of parts, and I haven't been able to go outside and get them myself. You understand why, of course." Devlin grabbed his microwave emitter from his bag. "I'm designing weapon prototypes, but without the parts to build them, I'll never know if they'll come to fruition or not."

"I'm no arms dealer, but I'd rather you have the parts then some gang. If Fireball finds anything, I'll be sure to direct him to you, but I'm not sure if he'll be on board." Leo thought for a moment "I'm fact, the guy Fireball is going after now is selling stuff from the evidence locker, so who knows. Yeah, um, make yourself at home, I wasn't really expecting guests, soooo. If you'd like you can start setting up, I need to stay on the computer"

"I understand." Devlin then went to work, setting up the various equipment he had managed to take with him, including his reactor. He held it up to his face, the device glowing a bright blue and humming; it was majestic, in a way. Devlin then shook himself back to reality. He set it onto the floor, and started taking notes on it, mentioning everything from the electrical output to the glow it emitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back