• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Vigilantes of Scar's Hollow

TheGodSnake

Back in the states
Welcome to Scar's hollow! A large city full of Crime, danger, corruption, and the rich reveling in their wealth, most doing nothing to stop it, some even profiting from it. There are three districts, the scar, which is basically where the poor live, the police are least active and the crime is highest here. The golden mile, where most of the rich live. More burglaries then anything in this district. Finally there is the business district, where the crimes are actually legal most of the time, where major corporations have their headquarters and where most of daily life occurs in Scars's Hollow. There are other areas too, but most of the action occurs here

There are three major corporations in this city;

1. Ferrar tech, which make high-tech devices that help save lives in the military, in hospitals around the world, and in your own home, they also make other fun but expensive toys. All of their manufacturing is local, some of the board are corrupt people, trying to bring prices up for some of the items the owner and CEO had made precisely for the lower class of this city and the world.

2. Saudlin industries, mainly a weapons manufacturer that specializes in chemical warfare but has a wide variety of weapons. Almost all of their manufacturing is outsourced to China, their CEO is one of the ones who run the corrupt town.

3. Kaisler energy, one of the most productive businesses today, finding new revolutionary ways to power our world, they have about a 50/50 outsourcing rate, and the owner is a good man, sadly the one he promoted to CEO is not so kind, there is a large amount of money laundering flowing through this company

As you can see, corruption is everywhere, and even in the law system, a number of judges, lawyers, and cops are in it for themselves, not caring who gets hurt as long as they get their money. Many a criminal has escaped because of this, but there are those out there trying to make things right. Clean cops, lawyers, and other personnel in this city are trying to take the fight for justice and peace the legal way, but there are people who can see it's not working yet, and they have taken matters into their own hands, freak accidents giving some of them superhuman abilities, they are strong alone, but what happens when they find out about each other? what happens when their enemies are stronger? Well you'll just have to wait and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time-7:30

Kyle was at work, finishing up his current project before he left for the night. He hummed a song lightly while he worked, not worried that he was the last one working. As he put up the project, a sound came from his computer and he went to investigate.

(@Deadkool I would suggest having your character Hack Ferrar tech' system,)

Leo typed at his computer, trying to get through the firewall at Ferrar Tech. They seemed pretty mundane, but with growing reports of corruption, it seemed wise to put in some eyes and ears. At least, that's what the higher-ups said. Leo was nearly finished when..damn. He spooked the system. Leo could get back in so long as an admin didn't see the report for a while.

"Come on, work, damn it!" Devlin shouted at the coffee mug-sized reactor, which had fizzed out for the 10th time today. "I cannot work in these godforsaken conditions!" He groaned loudly, slouching in his chair as he stared at his inert invention. "This is an insult to my intelligence. I CANNOT REACH ENDS WITHOUT MEANS, GODDAMN IT." His shouts echoed across the empty hangar bay, as if to mock Devlin for his shortcomings.

(also the day is January 20, 2018)

Kyle sat down at his computer, it appeared that someone was attempting to hack the system, "cute, they want to play, Ill give them a show," he wasnt much of a hacker himself, but had helped write the security system, and had the insight to incorporate an in-depth tracer with in each layer of firewall, the more they accessed, the closer it cam to finding them, usually without the hacker's knowledge. he accessed the programs records, "its foolish for someone to attack one of the companies who are highest in technological advancement," he mumbled to himself as he looked at the different areas that the program had traced the hacker to, "this guy's good, ill give him that, he bounces his IP through a bunch of different areas, but all are near here and there he is." He had found it, the hacker had tried to loop his actual IP in between a sequence of other possibilities, but the actual was the only one near a possible area to set up shop. Deciding to protect the guy for his own reasons, he deleted the logs containing the Security breach and started the passcode scrambler, knowing that everyones ID cards would be set to the new passcodes when they entered the building the next day. He turned off his computer and headed out the door, the sun was starting to set, and he had a special plan for tonight.

(@Deadkool )

Leo smiled and laughed, this guy wanted to play a game. Still, he didn't point Leo to the police, so that was good. Leo tapped into the cameras to try and spy on the guy. Even without the security logs he could still point a few less than reputable people in his direction. The cameras were child's play, the hard part was not losing the guy. Lets see what secrets this guy has in store. Leo tried to put his face through the criminal database, but he couldn't get a good look at him.

@TheGodSnake

Kyle got in his car and drove off, heading for the scar, where he kept some of his gear, it was also part of his nightly drive home, where he visited his dad's old partner. About half an hour later, he arrived at his home, an apartment complex that his uncle owned, and had given him the keys to the penthouse. By now, it was completely dark and Kyle went upstairs to collect his gear bag, since he hadn't found a hideout yet. He went back down to the garage, motorcycle helmet in hand, and got on his Ducati, driving it out of the garage and into the night, bag on his back.

(Motorcycle has no plates.)

(@Deadkool lets get one more action out of him before things get fun.)

Leo sighed as the man moved out of range from any cameras. If he had luck the cameras would pick him up again later, but for now Leo just waited at his computer, playing a game of Tetris while a Steam game installed. Then one of his alerts flashed on the screen, some crooks have managed to deactivate a silent alarm, with a few keystrokes it "mysteriously" reactivated an police were en route. Leo went back to his game of Tetris with a grin.

Kyle had suited up and was soon near Leo's hideout, it was basically a run-down home, inconspicuous for a hacker. He Cased the house, noticing cameras near the door and on a few corners, smiling, he pulled out one of his new toys, he had recently made it, it was a small helicopter that had a camera detection system on it. It would fly to five cameras and disable them with a localized EMP blast before returning to the one who released it. As he activated it, he smiled to himself, for two reasons. One, the earpiece in his ear, which was connected to a police scanner attached to his bike, had just notified him of some burglars who had tripped a silent alarm, and two policemen were being dispatched, ones he knew were not corrupt. Two, he knew that saudlin would empty his pockets in order to buy that tech from him, any government would then buy exclusive selling rights from saudlin, still giving him a profit, but Kyle would never give anything to saudlin, that man was the worst of all. The helicopter quickly did its work, returning to Kyle where he put it in his case and back in the special pocket on the suit. He then walked around the house until he found a window that he could see the hacker from. Taking a few steps back, he summoned fire to his hands and blasted the window, once the glass was hot, he walked up to it and tapped it, the leather of his gloves already cool again, and the window shattered. He summoned another ball of fire and walked into the room, "Leo Kale, I could use your skills in my line of work," he said, a special device distorting his voice, making it deeper, and a bit scarier.

(@Emperor Lelouch you can be one of the cops dispatched for the burglary if you want, which also brings an opportunity for @Blox to step in and take out the burglars just before the cops arrive)

(@Deadkool I would suggest starting right as his camera feeds go dark and it took Kyle a couple of minutes to find the window that he enters through.)

Leo saw as his cameras turned to static and looked at the screen nervously, someone was here. Well, he wasn't going down without a fight. Leo began typing wildly, trying to counter the unknown threat as someone got in through the window. As he saw the fireball and voice distorted he felt a bit of relief, the vigilante. Leo said "Hmmm,weeeeeeellll" Leo hit a button as the voice modulator turned his voice squeaky. "Kudos for finding my secret lair. About the whole I could use your skills, sure,why not. More importantly, how do you know my name?" Leo leaned back in his swivel chair.

Devlin continued fiddling with the small reactor, fine-tuning it to no avail. In exasperation, he hit the machine, which miraculously brought it online, a satisfying hum resonating from it. This in turn caused the lights in the hangar to turn on, as well as the other machinery that was previously deactivated. He yelled in triumph, turning on the now-functioning portable television on his desk.

Apparently, Devlin was very popular with the media as of late. "Devlin Baskerville, world-renowned scientist and electrical engineer, is still at large as missing after a 1-month period. Police are unaware of his whereabouts, and are still conducting a search at the present time." Devlin chuckled at the reporter's speech; of course they didn't know where to find him, he had made quite sure of that. Still, it bothered him that he was still being looked for, and it made him even more paranoid than he previously had been.

"Maybe I went off and joined the circus," he joked to himself. Devlin did this a lot when he was nervous; and he was always nervous, nowadays. He turned off the TV, and went to work on tinkering with his EMP emitter.

Deadkool said:
Leo saw as his cameras turned to static and looked at the screen nervously, someone was here. Well, he wasn't going down without a fight. Leo began typing wildly, trying to counter the unknown threat as someone got in through the window. As he saw the fireball and voice distorted he felt a bit of relief, the vigilante. Leo said "Hmmm,weeeeeeellll" Leo hit a button as the voice modulator turned his voice squeaky. "Kudos for finding my secret lair. About the whole I could use your skills, sure,why not. More importantly, how do you know my name?" Leo leaned back in his swivel chair.
(His voice modulator emits nor receives a signal, it can't be hacked)

Kyle smiled underneath his mask, "I've got my resources, once I was told of your location it wasn't long until I knew who you were," he leaned against the wall near the broken window, "I don't trust you yet so please don't be offended if I don't tell you who I really am, but take this and I'll get back to you soon," he tossed Leo an earpiece and walked through the broken window again, "I'm off to stop a man named McKower, maybe you can find me some digital evidence against him," he yelled over his shoulder as he disappeared into the darkness, returning to his bike.

Leo put in the earpiece. Leo grabbed a Laptop from a nearby desk and got to a database where he types the name Mckower."Well, there's a few dozen people with the surname Mckower. Anything else you have to go by? Mckower, Mckower, that sounds familiar."

Last edited by a moderator:
(Focused EMP, only took out the cameras not the rest of his equipment,)

"He's a dirty cop, he's a detective in the Anti-Drugs unit, does a great job at reselling the drugs," he says into the earpiece as he hops on his bike, heading for the last known area where the man was..

(Night)

( Did not know that was a thing, sorry)

Leo narrowed his search and Mckower popped up almost immediately. "How did this guy slip under our radar? Lets see, he probably keeps a checks and balances on an offshore account if he's smart. Won't be easy to get into. Otherwise, I can pull up where they sell the stuff the most. Finally, I can check the cameras in the evidence locker, might take a while though. So, each has it's drawbacks."

(Ok but quick question:

When would it be appropriate to segue Devlin's way into the main storyline? I'm perfectly content with expository stuff for now, but I'm not really sure how to slide him into the grand scheme of things fluidly.)

(Maybe I'm looking for your hideout, find it, then we rp that?)

(Maybe setting off your device put off a power signal, that people are tracking. I notice it, then send Kyle to fight off hired thugs about to kill/arrest you. I'm more interested in the latter, what do you think, @jamaicanviking ?)

(That actually sounds pretty good, @Deadkool )

Devlin groaned as the TV lost signal once again. "Ugh, I hate this thing. I guess that's what I get for finding a TV in a garbage dump." He ran his fingers through his hair in boredom, finally deciding on going to work on his wrist computer, coming up with schematics for a laser rifle. He took pride in the design, but he found it problematic that he couldn't actually create one without the given supplies needed.

While he looked at the readout on the computer, he was alerted that the reactor was drawing too much power. Before he could turn it off in time, however, the lights blew out, and once again Devlin was left in the dark. Devlin rubbed his temples in frustration, and leaned into his seat.

Leo's eyes lit up, a power spike was coming from an abandoned warehouse and there was an armed convoy en route. Leo tried to tap into some of the electrical devices in the building, and succeeded in reaching a tablet. Leo checked the camera and his jaw dropped, Devlin Baskerville. Leo spoke through the tablet "Mister Baskerville, pleasure to meet you, but there are some mean people with guns in their way, I have my best guy working on it, I'm 'Permitted' by the way. Leo spoke into the earpiece "Hey, Vigilante, we're putting Mckower on hold right now, I found THE Devlin ?Baskerville, I'm sending you his location, he's about to receive some company and they don't seem happy."

@jamaicanviking @TheGodSnake

Devlin jumped at the sudden message, then glared indignantly into his computer. "How did you find this channel? And what do you mean 'people with guns?'" He looked frantically around the building, looking desperately for anything he could take with him. "Damn, damn, damn!" he exclaimed, stuffing random bits of equipment into a duffle back. He looked back into his computer. "How in the devil did they find me?!"

Leo went back to communicating with Devlin "Well, first of all, you're leaving breadcrumbs the size of small mountains and you just generated enough electricity to power New York. Relax, I'm here to help, I've bought you some time by rigging the stoplights. Brilliant research, by the way, my organization has been throwing people off your scent for two weeks now. You just kicked the hornets nest, though. So, Devlin you might want move anything you don't want a bullet going through into a broom closet or something."

"Thanks, I guess..." Devlin had no idea he was being so careless. "Whatever, just... these 'guys with guns' are probably going to turn me into Swiss cheese, and I simply cannot have that, for obvious reasons." He sighed and shook his head. "Do you have an actual plan? Having your 'best guy' on it isn't really all that reassuring." He picked up his EMP emitter and armed it, ready for anything that was to come through the door.

Leo continued "Well, would it make you feel better if I told you my "best guy" can shoot fire out of his hands? Worst case, I've got a place about fifteen minutes from your location you can hide out for a while. I'm a big fan of your work, I take it now isn't the best time for autographs. Oh, and the bad guys with guns, they'll be to your location in about ten minutes so long as I don't lose Wi-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back