• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vernaria

TheGoVnah

Master of Myself
Ripe for the picking

The world of Vernaria is a populous one, but one wouldn't know simply by looking at it. All across the globe are small civilizations that know better than to stay out in the open, lest a larger tribe take their people captive.

Indeed, Vernaria is filled to the brim with conflict, each country trying to gain dominance over the others. Above the others, only one has managed to make its name known throughout the lands: Trynil. With a large military and growing population, many fear their power, some even harboring feelings of resentment over their success.

Qunter is one such resentful nation. Since it's much smaller than its bolstering neighbor, Trynil, it gets more attempts at being conquered than most other countries. The feuding states make it difficult for travelers, so it's unusual to come across any more than one at any particular time in Qunter, let alone two in the same pub of the same small town.

Said town's name is Kelet, and the pub is called the Merry Flask. Of course, it may not be so merry at the moment, as a band of armed bandits just threw open the door and came barging in, demanding all the money, liquor and women the bar had to offer.

(Do I need to roll to see if Emaray avoids detection?)

As soon as the men walked in and demanded money, alcohol and women, Emaray was thankful that she was in the back corner, behind a large group of people. The hood of her green and brown cloak was pulled up over her face. She glanced around to make sure that no one was looking her way, then shifted into a small grey mouse. Her clothes melted into fur, and she leaped off her stool and darted into a nearby hole in the wall. She could still hear the men, and was torn between staying to help fend them off, or flee and save herself.

She figured that she could fight off a few drunk men with out a problem. She found her way out of the tavern, and rejoined her wolf, Kodii, outside. "Emaray!" he called out. "There's trouble. We should help the humans."

"Yeah, I saw. Wanna teach them a lesson?"

Kodii wagged his tail. "Absolutely!"

Last edited by a moderator:

(I'll roll for actions. The closer you are to failing ("barely made it out"), the lower your roll, and the safer your roll was, the more baddass your character was. If you roll a 20 on a d20, you get it no matter what. If you roll a 1 on anything, you crit fail (critical failure) and lose, regardless of skill or luck.)

Bar Brawling

"Didn't you hear me, fuckin' bitch!" one of the bandits yelled, and by the smell of his breath, the young barmaid he'd grabbed by the blouse could tell this wasn't the first tavern they'd raided that night. The man seemed to be the leader of the five man group, and some of them looked a little worse for wear. One even had an open wound on his forehead. All of them were too drunk to notice a very noisy, probably somewhat drunk mouse skittering out of the Merry Flask's front door.

Probably because it was such a badass looking mouse.

There was, however, one man who noticed the rodent, so he figured he'd sit back and watch this one. After all, a brawl between drunk bandits and a magic user of unknown origin should be funny, if nothing else.

(Here's how fights will work: if you just want the basic, best chance at winning, keep it simple ("I kill the douchebags"). I'll come up with something. If you have something special in mind ("I kill two douchebags with stabs, then the third with a slash") You'll need a higher roll. Keep in mind that the more extravagant the action, the higher you'll need to roll ("I stab one douchebag through the chest, hitting the second behind with in the eye, then fling their dying half-corpses at the final douchebag before doing a triple backflip and slicing his head clean off. With a cheese knife.)

Emaray had little patience for humans, and even less tolerance for drunk, violent, and it stupid ones. Despite this, she didn't want to kill them. She only intended to scare them, and teach them a lesson. Besides, one elf and a wolf might have some difficulty actually killing 5 adult male humans, even if they were drunk, and the completely sober elf was skilled.

Emaray and Kodii decided to just beat them up a little, and hopefully scare them off. The elf shifted into a large black wolf, nudged open the door, and strolled in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back