• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vanguards

Francis Gundyr

Francis was practically all smiles after Tyson had given him a verbal jab without provocation this time around. It seems he did indeed grow a pair over the years if he was making jibes without warning now. Aceline seemed irritated with his presence, as usual but the mercenary took no mind to it. He tended to forget that she didn't like loud noises or bright lights but the moment they entered the cafeteria and she made her little observations, Francis was not only reminded, it took everything he had not to laugh. I mean come on? Waiters in a public mess hall? How pampered can you get?

The scene turned even more adorable when Tyson shoved her off to get some food and her body language was all off. It was cute but Francis had to admit, he did feel a little bad for her. She looked so lost.

The two men took their seats at one of the few remaining private tables and when Tyson began expressing his concern for his twin Francis couldn't help but laugh because in that moment, Aceline looked back at them all flustered and red before straightening herself out. She had probably forgotten she was in public or something. Such a proud girl. A few memories of the trio as kids came to the forefront of his brain and some old, buried feelings began to stir. Buried but very much alive.

"Yeah, she'll probably bite someone's head off for not saying please or something. I'll go make sure there aren't any casualties of Aceline's terrible wrath." He said with a sigh before standing and giving Tyson's shoulder a light rap. Francis quickly made it over to the vampire twin and could see that she was trying very hard to save face. He gave her shoulder a light pat to announce his presence and hopefully calm her down a bit. "Don't worry Ace. No one is going to think any less of you. It's actually kind of cute that that side of you hasn't changed over the years."

The PMC ordered for himself and Tyson, letting Aceline decide what she wanted to eat on her own before waiting patiently beside her so that they could return to Tyson with their bounty, Victorious! He would let Aceline lead so she could keep her pride at having done it herself and Francis merely acting as support. That was if she didn't scratch him for his earlier comment.
Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Banana Girl
|| Ellise Volkov ||

Ellise almost fell over herself at the sudden yelling of a girl once she'd plopped down from the tree, though you'd never be able to tell as such from her expression, wincing a little before raising an eyebrow at the annoyingly loud individual, her ears were very sensitive when it came to noise and that certainly wasn't a pleasant experience for her, nonetheless nothing to be too bothered about, simply the irrational behaviour of others. She continued to star blankly as the girl rose from her fallen position and began directly addressing Ellise.
"No. I am not…. a 'cat'…. Your reference to…. Alice in wonderland is noted…. but…. be more quiet female." She spoke with spacing between each few words as though the action was somehow unfamiliar to her and her words carried no emotion nor sense of politeness, it was clearly a command more than question, possibly the only one of translating the figuratively true meaning of her words being Gale.

She saw no reason to put more effort into speaking but sighed at the sudden reminiscence of her mothers words and reluctantly opened her mouth once more, "…. Please…." She muttered more to herself than the girl, as though having read it off a note or something. She drew many similarities to a stubborn child or a shy person but neither options were the truth, she didn't reprimand those who thought as such however.
Banana Girl

Vanilen Ainswurth

It hadn't been too long that the near 2 century year old male had been waiting near the entrance of the school before his new partner showed up. Van had been lost in thought, as was usual for him whenever he was alone. His concerns for the well-being of his family, the academy, the world, and at the forefront was Julia. The vampire knew she was forcing herself. You didn't get to be Vanilen's age and not pick up on these kinds of things. You develop one hell of an eye for people, no matter how good they are at hiding their true intentions. She had a very good mask on but a mask nonetheless. The only people that would notice are whatever close friends she had left in the world. He sincerely hoped she still had some. It would truly be a shame if he was the closest thing to a friend she had left.

When her greeting came, he slowly opened his crimson eyes. They flicked to where the sound came from and there he met hers. "Ms.Valois. You are looking beautiful tonight as well." He said with a small incline of his head to his companion for the evening. The Ainswurth family taught him many things. One of them was how to be a high class gentlemen. "I'm having someone bring the car around. I've decided that I will be joining you in having a few drinks as well. Don't want to my date and partner to be drinking alone tonight." He said with a small smile.

After walking through the doors of the bar, Vanilen found them some seats some ways away from the other patrons and ordered something from the top shelf. "It's on me tonight so don't worry.".
Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Mira Kingston
While mostly focused on her game, Mira was also proud to have found such a secluded spot. She had no visitors, and no one bothered her...until they did. With her headphones on, she hadn't heard the man approaching so she nearly jumped out of her seat when she saw his shadow stretch into her peripheral vision. Her blue hair bounced as her head shot up to stare down the intruder, and she blinked. She recognized the pureblood from the welcoming speech; he had been standing quietly off to the side. Now that he strode before her and met her gaze with crimson eyes, he was unmistakably an Ainswurth. It wasn't right for her to stare, but she couldn't help it. She didn't recognize him, but she should know all the Ainswurth faces. Did he recognize her? He only nodded...

Mira hadn't realized she had been so tense, like a deer in headlights, until he was gone and her shoulders dropped. The young vampire let out a held breath and finally tore her eyes away from his backside to look down at her game. Her character had died. Her brows furrowed and she stared blankly at the light of her screen. Who was that man? She scanned through her memories for members of the Ainswurth family and his face wasn't there. The likeness was there, of course, and she could think of plenty who looked like him. "Hmm," she hummed quietly. There were rumors among the Kingstons of a missing Ainswurth, but the likeliness of that being him...

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted as the bench shook with new movement. She ignored it for a moment until she felt a tap at her shoulder. Mira's violet eyes shot to the girl, narrowed with irritation, and she recognized the red headed loudmouth from Foxtrot. Still, she wasn't entirely impolite. The vampire removed her headphones to rest them at her shoulders to hear what the girl had to say. Mira tilted her head in confusion; it didn't really seem like the red head had any idea what she was saying either. The gist was communicated, however, and Mira was quiet for a moment. She only spoke as the laughter of the girls in the dorms sounded in her memories. "Yes, I like video games. Please, don't break mine.

"You're from my class. I'm Mira Kingston."​

Blood Level: 145/145
Beast Control: 0/4​
Cosmos Cosmos

Cowboys Vs. Vampires, The Movie
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume smiled cheerfully as the girl at last replied to her comment, removing the headphones the female admittedly hadn't noticed prior and seemingly staring at her in a somewhat confused way, not that she could blame her with the wave of words that'd just come out form her mouth like a tsunami. At the mention of not breaking her video game Yume shuffled backwards a bit awkwardly, blushing alight shade of pink, "O-Oh! Of course I won't~ It was an accident last time anyway, I promise I won't do it again." She replied with a small fist raise in determination and then nod at her next comment, "Really!? I think I saw you before during it, sorry, I have a bad memory when it comes to peoples faces I guess~ Nice ta' meet cha' though, I'm Yume, Yume Kasai and one day I'm gonna be the best pyromancer in the whole world!~" She announced, shoving her hands way up high into the air and smirking a large grin with teeth showing as she looked back at the girl and chuckled once more, arms lowering and fingers wrapping around the edge of the bench as her feet kicked back and forth.

"So, do ya' like anything' besides video games vamp- I mean Mira?~" She asked, blushing an even darker shade at the accidentally slip out of the word vampire, she didn't mean to but sometimes her mouth just said whatever her eyes saw and well, it was a tad obvious to say the least. Quickly trying to move on from that sentence she came up with yet another question, "So that professor defiantly looks like a cowboy right? I mean someone else already agreed but I could totally see him walking around in those noisy boot-things and chewing on a piece of straw~ Ooooo! and that lady is kinda scary don't cha' reckon? I mean, I'm sure she's pretty nice but I just bout' thought she was gonna pulverise em' ta' a bloody pulp back there for a few moments." She continued, her happy-go-lcuky words making the small wince she gave even more obvious and an arm wrapped around her stomach as a small sigh left her mouth, evidently in some sort of pain despite her seemingly never-ending amount of energy.
Cowboys Vs. Vampires, The Movie
Tags: Compass Compass

Mira Kingston
Mira wasn't sure what to say at first, so she only nodded in response to the other's strong promise not to break her game. It was too early for it to be very reassuring, but the passion was appreciated even if the vampire's features didn't even hint at it. Compared to the other, Mira was rather stone faced. Then she introduced herself as Yume, the eventual best pyromancer in the world and that's when the vampire's eyebrows raised. It was a bold goal, much more ambitious than any of Mira's. "Good luck," she said diplomatically, glancing to the bolded "GAME OVER" over her screen. Yume didn't give her much time to respond to or ask anything else.

When she was nearly addressed as "vampire," she scowled at the girl, but politely ignored the blushing. She seemed to realize her mistake and she didn't seem to mean harm. She just ran her mouth off, is all. "I like to cook. And I like football," she answered instead, barely finishing when Yume continued to talk. She was difficult to keep up with, and Mira fixed her braid as she tried to listen. She didn't quite see the cowboy that Yume saw, though she was also impressed by the professor's strength and speed. "She's only a thinblood, too," Mira recalled, looking back to the other as she laughed. What was so funny to her?

Her violet eyes followed Yume's hand to her stomach and she looked up to her face. "Are you alright?" she asked.​

Cosmos Cosmos

Lynn Mercer
Glancing upwards towards the new voice in the simulation room, she couldn't help but snicker at the boy who had gotten completely shut down by the professor without a chance. Lynn was feeling confident, moreso that usual considering she was on a 3 win streak in this little arena, about to be 4 it seemed... Pressing her head to one side, then another with a hand to pop her neck, she grinned "Weren't you the one who got knocked out by the professor with one strike? By your own element too, pyromancer, what's the term? Out like a light?" she teased mercilessly. Partially annoyed by this boy already, 'snowflake', just who did he think he was? Lynn was already prepared to drill some lessons into the boys hand, some that the professors had apparently forgotten...

"You'll have your fight, professor!" she called out towards an unknown observer, of course every duel had to be monitored by some member of the staff for safety reasons. "could you give us another arena? Somewhere flat! Nakummek!(Thank you!)" For the most part, special arenas like forests and caverns or other terrain filled environments kept things interesting, but flat was more fair, and Lynn wanted to enjoy this one with both of them on equal grounds. Before their very eyes the landscape of the strange grey room changed to a large boxing ring, whoever the professor was manning the projection, they clearly had a sense of humor, there was even a crowd in the background cheering the two on in an endless loop.

'Someone who actually knows how to fight', Lynn certainly hoped so, that was what her second win had said to a degree, and Lynn hadn't even needed to cast for that one! Such a shame too, she almost felt bad for her opponent, but with an attitude like that she couldn't not enjoy trouncing them in the arena. From the left corner of the ring, Lynn stood and began to utter a chant in preparation. She inhaled sharply, then exhaled slowly before speaking up "My opponent mocks the snows fury, give me a weapon to show him your strength, fists of ice!" As she uttered her final line she balled her hands into fists and watched as they were encased in a thick layer of ice, down to her elbow in length, with that done she took a defensive stance and grinned upwards towards her opponent "Let's begin". Without time to rest the cryomancer was already feeling the wear of her casting begin to wear on her, she hoped to end this quickly before the wear took too much of a toll on her.

Mana Level: 50/95

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

The Kiltons

Lana was in the shower while Harold was at his desk, recreating the rune that he had used that day in the training exercise. It would take him a few days to recreate a rune of that level and it was best to get started as soon as possible. He would have kept going uninterrupted until some form of parchment found its way in front of him. At first, the red headed professor was cautious of it but his curiousity trumped that caution and he picked up the written letter.

It was in french and he was kind of glad he was the one who found it. After all, Lana doesn't know french. So any chance of this being some secret admirer of his wife was out. She had more than a few. The man went on to read it and was mildly surprised to learn that it was s secret admirer to both of them. That was certainly different. "Hey kitten. I got a letter." Not a second after, a Lana wrapped in nothing but a bath towel walked out of the bathroom with anger and jealousy clear in her eyes, "Were you 'nice' to some desperate upper classmen again because so help me, I will -"

"Easy sweetheart. Its addressed to us both. Apparently we got a fan. Someone who wants some personal lessons to brush up on their skills."

The naked woman's body visibly relaxed upon hearing it wasn't some love letter. She walked over and draped her arms around her husband, drawing a peck from his lips as she tried --and failed-- to decipher what was written upon the parchment.

"I suppose I'll go meet this person for a little bit and explain Professors don't give out personal lessons in the middle of the night for a good reason." His wife's still wet grip tightened on his shirt in irritation. Mr. Kilton reached up and ran his fingers through her damp hair in an effort to ease her mood, which seemingly worked as she relaxed once more.

"That's fine..." she muttered. "Just hurry back alright? Its been an extremely stressful day and its been a long time since I fed and Im kind of in a mood and I just -" She was promptly silenced by her husband's lips. He had stood up during her little rant and turned to kiss her when she was having trouble. "Sweetheart, I am your husband aren't I? You don't have to try and persuade into bed with you. Besides, what kind of man would I be if I said no to the most gorgeous woman in the world?"

Mrs. Kilton couldn't meet her husband's eyes because of how flustered he made her but one could see a smile playing on her full lips, "
A dead one." To which, Harold responded with a wink and another kiss before grabbing his military boots and pulling them on. He waved goodbye to his wife, who was now curled up under the sheets looking almost shy, "Hurry back!" She yelled harshly as he was closing the door, to which he responded with a crisp salute, a smile, and a Yes Ma'am.

Professor Kilton had already written his reply and told the sender, Ms. Whitelock, to meet him at the courtyard benches. Plenty of students should still be walking about and being in plain sight would arouse less suspicion and less rumors.
Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

Meow
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume nodded through yet another wince, her blush reappearing as she slowly tried to straighten and lean back into the seat, her arm still wrapped around her stomach, "Y-Yeah, fine- it's just…. Not normally this bad I guess, must be- the stress or something?~…." She tried to laugh out but inevitably went back to her slightly pained expression, it's true it'd never been this bad before, she had done a lot today and doing two hours of training in her room once she'd gotten back probably hadn't helped the situation if she was being honest, she'd already taken her painkillers and everything, it seemed she was just going to have to sit through this one for the time being, "I-It'll pass in a bit just- don't worry bout' it." She smiled at her warmly as her shoulders tensed up.

'Argh! Why are woman cursed with this dang thing!?' She thought to herself with her usual spunk that had been otherwise toned down for a while in order to try and make some friends without scaring them all off, though as this morning would explain her awkwardness seemed to be the real issue in the situation, she was genuinely happy this girl was talking to her and it showed over all of her, the innocence of it and her friendly nature. 'Well, Mira seems pretty nice.' She's have to remember to ask someone, hopefully the school nurse or a much less scary teacher if there were any stronger medications she could take for it tomorrow, it didn't seem like she was going to get much sleep tonight. Her fingers dug into the fabric of her clothing as if trying to claw the pain away this was about Yume's only real weakness physically and it was a rather embarrassing one at that.

Meow

bbec10d06f661d7254e24f8027a486e8.png

full
b693096a6de0a7b82fb049461548bff9.png

"A night of silence is a night of progress."

Only a few moments later the text scrolled across her book's pages in English. She almost launched out of her seat in excitement. She went to her bookshelf and grabbed a couple of the more complex text's in which talked about the various kinds of magics and included basic practice spells for most, making it easy for her to find what she needed. She tossed it lightly in her hand, a rather thick book with a satisfying weight to it, thumped pleasingly between her fingers before she practically danced over to her bed and picked the book bag up and slid the material into it before slinging it's strap over one shoulder, turning around quickly waving her hand. The lights turning off and everything seeming to disappear. She headed out of her room with her key, locking the door behind as she went.
full

Several moments later she walked down the steps quickly to the Academy's courtyard. An almost glowing expression daunted on her face. She could hardly contain herself but made herself remember the words her parents had told her before she left. "No matter what, remember to be respectful. You can get quite lost in your training sometimes, it's best to remember your manners. Especially in the presence of someone you admire, or may mentor you." In doing so she steeled herself, calming down enough to contain her excitement and instead focusing on the more important matters on hand. She made her way past the central fountain and to the benches that surrounded the courtyard. She sat down keeping her pose modest and business like. She pushed a bit of her hair behind one ear and settled her book bag ontop of her lap, intertwining her fingers and resting her hands on the book bag. However this didn't keep her from occasionally looking around, her feet tapping anxiously. shadowz1995 shadowz1995

coded by Mx.Trinity

Mira Kingston
It took a moment for realization to flicker across Mira's soft features and after she couldn't help becoming quite aware of the scent. She often forgot what human women endured, so she couldn't empathize with Yume. So she remained quiet, not having a solution to offer. Though it was growing awkward to watch her struggle with the cramps. She wasn't uncomfortable with blood, of course, but even Mira wasn't completely cold to blatant suffering. She didn't really want to sit around because of it. The vampire turned off her game and slipped it and her headphones into her bag. "Would you like me to escort you to your room?" she asked finally.

"Vampires don't have the same issues," she added. It had grown suddenly quiet without Yume doing the talking, and it was all Mira could think to offer.

Cosmos Cosmos

Woof
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume smiled and nodded in reply, "That'd be great, thanks." She replied as she got up and stood beside her, blinking a few times at her next statement as if not believing it, "What!? That's not fair how come!-" She cut off and simply puffed out her cheeks like a stubborn child, letting it go as they began walking back towards the dorms, Yume hadn't brought anything with her and despite the pain the night air was still cool and refreshing as it hit her face, she took in another breath before turning her attention back to Mira, "Ya' don't have ta' if ya' don't want to you know?~" She teased, "I may be sore but I'm not unable to walk to my dorms and hopeful lay down with a heat pack and some chocolate~" She continued with a smirk, her mood seemingly lightening up a little at the quite literally set thought, it wasn't long until they arrived there despite the human girls slow pace from her um- condition.

If she were to be honest she didn't want to part ways just yet and was very happy to blame this all on that time of the month but reluctantly she reached the entrance to the building with the female.

Woof

As the sim room took shape once more, Gabriel couldn't help but laugh aloud at what shape the desired arena took. It seemed that some of the instructors above recognized who Gabriel was if this was going to be the scene. Something all too familiar to the phoenix. "Oye Cabronés!" he yelled to the air. "Thanks for making the scene sucha familiar one!" Gabriel began ripping off the gauze and bandages around his head, revealing the heavy cuts from when he fell back into the crater. Clearly the former pro boxer could care less about his bloodied appearance. It was something he was all too used to when surrounded by an audience.

"Flame of my soul, silent and fleeting
The time has come to rage and rise
Fill the air with your angry dance
Grace my body with infernal hatred
Let my enemies know the terror
Of playing with infernal rage"

"Cuerpo De Fuego"

-12 Mana: 78/92
The pyromancer's whole body was ablaze as the final words were uttered and the smile could not be erased from his bloodied face. "You know snowflake... Yeah, I got taken down in one shot from the Professor and I'm not mad about that. Pyromamcy is all I know. So fire barely hurts me."

"If he was able to take me down in one attack, you would have been ashes on the floor, Niña." He taunted. Gabriel took a step forward and put up an orthodox boxer's stance. His smile never wavered and neither did the fire in his eyes.

As soon as the spell came into effect Lynn felt as if a small weight had been placed on her shoulders, she needed to be careful with her mana in her current state.. ice weapons were cheap, but for anything else she'd probably only be able to get one more good cast out, better use it wisely. If one was observant they would notice that the blue, rune like tattoos that covered most of her body had began to fade, about.. roughly half as vibrant as they were originally. She hefted the weighty ice gauntlets and carefully watched her opponent, gauging strengths, weaknesses, whatever she could find in the brief moment before the fight. For a moment she considered going for the nasty looking gash on the boys head, but she decided against it, the cryomancer had some honor after all.. Plus she figured a good enough strike there would probably give him a concussion and she didn't want to deal with that on her very first day.

With his whole body engulfed in flames she struggled to determine a good opening, a good spell might help her.. but she would have to time it properly.. a few ideas came to mind as she slowly began to formulate a strategy. "We'll see about that, Aumauttuk.." she muttered taking a defensive stance and waiting out her opponent, with herself at such a disadvantage from the start it would be better for her to try and read her opponent and see what would work against him. Lynn prepared to block anything thrown her way with her fists of ice, her cold, calculating eyes watching his movements.

"You'll see. I already know." He said before he pushed all strength his leg muscles would allow and launched across the ring almost in an instant. His opponent was waiting him out, like so many before her in the ring. She was going to dig in and look for the moment to strike. Classic but not Gabriel's style.

The pyromancer launched a vicious uppercut with his left arm, knowing full well it was going to be blocked. It was followed by a right cross to the temple which was then going to be followed by a series if hooks to the body if she refused to evade. Gabriel was confident he could take any counters she threw and on the chance she ran, he was ready to give chase.

Lynn dug in and took the first uppercut, grunting as the force of the attack splintered and crushed a portion of the ice covering her left forearm, which luckily helped her absorb some of the damage. She almost blinked and missed the follow up, but in one smooth motion she was able to block the attack and begin to step out of range of the onslaught she knew was coming. The cryomancer disliked this sort of heavy defense style she was forced into due to her low state, much more favoring heavy aggression to passive fighting, but that would make it all the better when she came on top.

As soon as the boy had charged her a plan was already formulating in her mind, and as she gave ground and ducked blows she was already muttering another incant. She spoke in her native tongue so to disguise her intent, the words roughly translating to...

"Sharp and jagged crystals of ice, poised to strike in a moments notice, patiently awaiting my command.
Grow in size and shred my foes at the perfect moment
Hidden carefully in the dark and under snow
Show them the error of trifling with the blizzard"

Anticipating the continued aggression she prepared her next move, in the brief moment she was clear of the boxers range of attacks she let her left gauntlet shatter to free her hand and leapt into a one handed back handspring, touching the floor for the moment she needed to place her trap. Centering around the casters hand a circle of sharp, jagged chunks of ice formed spreading outwards roughly 8 feet in diameter. If her plan worked, her opponent would see her attempting to escape him and close in for the attack only to find himself in her trap! The flashy movement, a tactic to lure him in to strike. On the chance that the pyromancer stepped into the ring she would trigger the trap, sending the shards of ice exploding upwards!

Mana Level: 36/95

And fell for it the pyromancer did, as he refused to back down and pressed onwards. It wasn't until he noticed the sound that he looked down and immediately brought up his guard. The subsequent shrapnel that fired out dug deep into muscular arms and shoulders, preventing them from hitting anything vital but christ it still hurt like hell.

The explosion knocked him back but Gabriel was already incanting,

"Immortal flame of the mighty phoenix
Immortal flame of my own being
I call upon this surge of power
To give me the strength to push on"
"Shock and Awe"

-18 mana 60 mana remaining

It had only taken a second and a half after Gabriel's feet touched the ring to finish the incantation. Both of his arms lined up behind him and a deafening explosion erupted from his hands, launching him forward like a flaming projectile weapon. The distance was closed in an instant and Gabriel returned to the offensive, the ice shards that had made their home in his body already having melted from the heat of his Flame Body. Blood leaked from the wounds but it didn't even look like Gabriel noticed. He was too focused, too excited.

The man unleashed another onslaught with renewed vigor and this time, he wasn't going to let her get away. The blows came from everywhere and only seemed to increase in speed and power as Gabriel got his rhythm going. There weren't aimless punches either. Each strike had an intended target. Liver, jaw, temple, ribs, liver, nose, and so on. It was just the speed made it seem random.

Lynn did not stand idly by after her trap landed, this was finally her chance to seize the initiative and she was hell bent on taking it, she charged out after her opponent the moment he was flung back by her trap! It wasn't until she was about a quarter of the way to him did she notice the cast and hear the thundering boom, but by now she was too committed to give in. The two of them met roughly in the center of the boxing ring, Lynn lifting her heavy ice gauntlet to strike! This fight needed to end quickly, she just knew by now she was already on the end of her rope, from experience she could tell that she probably had one spell left before she would start flickering, and then she would be in real trouble. So she took a great risk and followed through with her strike, preparing herself, mentally and physically to take the take a blow or two while she put all of her strength behind a single blow, aimed right to her opponents jaw!

The ice woman charging in was unexpected to say the least but it mattered not to the flaming fighter. His shoes slammed into the ring and he began unloading as planned. He felt the hits connect, his fiery fists meeting flesh but the cryomancer shrugged it off just as he had her Ice trap. In his offensive, he didn't notice the haymaker from hell until it was right upon him.

Gabriel wasn't going to be able to slip the blow or evade so he did the next best thing. As the icy blow came into contact with his face, he turned his with the force of the blow to minimize the damage, which wasn't saying much. The weight and force behind the haymaker was staggering. Even with the turning, it felt as if his head wanted to fly off of his shoulders.

Such a blow easily shook the brain, causing a disconnect between the body and mind and as a result, muscle memory kicked in. Before Gabriel was a boxer, he fought for his life in the streets of his home country. His whole body swung around with the force of the blow and with all of that added momentum, Gabriel brought a murderous right elbow down arcing down towards Lynn's head. A blow meant to kill.

The force of the blow had completely shattered her icy gauntlet, leaving her without a weapon, though she didn't really think that anyone could stand the blow that she had dished out. Lynn stepped forwards with the momentum of the blow, panting heavily and trying to regain her composure as she awaited her opponent to concede, but he didn't. The man was still standing! How? She had no idea, the force of that blow should have easily put him down. In her moment of confusion she hardly noticed the blow until it was nearly too late, and before she even had time to process what she was doing her body was already moving, her left arm came up to block the blow.

There was a sickening crack, and Lynn's vision went white with pain as her body almost immediately collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony. She screamed out in pain spitting curses in her native tongue as she laid there in anguish clutching her limb that was very clearly broken.

Gabriel had hit the floor after that and was completely still, unmoving. The man had been knocked unconscious at the moment the ice girl punch nailed him. Though, true to his title in the ring, he eyes were fluttering open before the metaphorical 10 count. Blood was pouring down the side of his head. Lynn had caused a substantial amount of damage to the lacerations he had already received from earlier today against the professors. The stubborn fool could barely see now but he still rose up to his knees, his head swaying from side to side, clearly in a daze.

His eyes found the snowflake and the fact that she was writhing in pain was strange to him. He tried to get up to go help her but his legs wouldn't listen. He merely toppled over trying to get his feet under him. Again, he tried and again he failed. It came to the point where he half dragged himself to her and asked her if she was ok.

Lynn finally seemed to manage to get her breathing under control as he reached her, and through gritting teeth she managed to utter "It's... broken", her gaze shifting down to her left arm. The wound wasn't bleeding, but... wow an arm does not normally bend that way... She shut her eyes tight, laying still and breathing in, then out slowly, trying not to further damage herself or cause any more unnecessary pain.
She opened her eyes slowly to look over her opponent before her gaze fixed on the gash on his head, reopened and definitely much worse than last time. The arena was a bloodbath, the illusion quickly faded as the professor running the simulation made the call for medical staff.

The medical staff were there in a literal heartbeat. After the call had been made, a dark purple portal opened up a few meters away. Several uniformed vivification and equilibrium mages stepped out of the dimensional portal followed by the portal mage himself before it finally collapsed.

They spotted the bloody mess and wasted no time and rushing over casting semi-powerful incantations to start the healing process on Lynn's arm. Gabriel required....a bit more work. But as the concussion was healed, the light of clarity returned to the pyromancer's eyes and he was silent for a moment longer before telling the healers to stop. They refused at first but Gabriel explained that he was lucid and didn't WANT to be healed. They were confused at first and even tried to stop the pyromancer when he started to get up on trembling legs. The wounds he received from the fight were still there and the gash....well.... one could call it a tear now, was just as big as Lynn had left it forcing his eye shut now. It had just stopped bleeding is but it wouldn't take much to make it bleed.

Gabriel shakily limped over the ice mage as they worked on her arm and refueled her mana, looking at her with a raised eyebrow, the only one he could raise. "Next time we fight, how about we both start at 100 %? Not half way flickering and half way dead. Suena vien no?" He asked with a confident smirk.

The healing process was an uncomfortable one for the cryomancer as the mages had to carefully set her arm once again before the mages could work, forcing her to hold it incredibly still and ignore the strange tingling sensation of her bone being reconstructed in a matter of seconds. Though it did feel nice to suddenly have her mana replenished, the tattoos that covered her body now a vibrant light blue once again. It felt good to be at her at top strength once again, well that's what it felt like, of course the medics gave her a long talk about avoiding physical activity for a few days for safety reasons and all that. While she drowned out the mages warnings her eyes caught a strange sight, her opponent was.. up? And walking towards her? He looked like a corpse! What was he doing? The ice mage listened and nodded carefully at Gabe's proposition, nodding her head in agreement "...AngiKatigek... Now what are you doing? Go heal yourself!"

The fire mage gave her a lopsided grin, "I won't heal anything from a match or duel. Any scars I get are well earned and any wounds that aren't fatal are supposed to be healed naturally. Its my respect to my opponent for having damaged me."

"Soy estúpido, I know but its my personal code of honor."

"Uppisâk!" she spat "One shouldn't weaken them self just because someone managed to get a lucky blow" the cryomancer pulled her arm up and rubbed it gently, wiggling her fingers and flexing it, it felt good as new.. the wonders of modern magic..

"You'll have your fight, I haven't backed down yet and I won't start now, this Fraitâg, same time, same place, AngiKatigek?" she asked glancing back up towards her opponent.. whom she just now realized she didn't know the name of. "My name is Lynn, by the way"

"My name is Gabriel."

"Well, you can start by getting on your feet. Snowflake."
He teased, extending a hand to help her up.

Lynn reached up to grasp his hand, standing up slowly and brushing herself off "I'll see you then, be ready, you're going to face the full force of the IliulluKik" she warned as the cryomancer moved to exit the building, it was getting late at this point and she would need her rest for the upcoming classes.

"And you will learn why I was called The Phoenix in the ring!"
He called after her, rubbing the arm he used to pick her up. The action had caused the punctures caused by her trap to open a bit.
Gabriel laughed at how wounded he got on the first day and was contemplating how the hell was he going to feel in the morning tomorrow for classes.

He was going to need more bandages for this.

Harold Kilton

It didn't take long for the professor to arrive at the designated meeting area and it took even less time to find the culprit. A girl who was trying her damndest to look calm and collected but was failing to do so. Regardless of whether the young woman was aware of her fidgeting or otherwise. "Ms. Whitelock, I assume?" He asked casually as he took a seat next to their secret little fan. The girl's magical presence was completely foreign to Harold and that was enough to entice his curiousity.

"Listen Perle. Before I help you with whatever issues you may have with your magical prowess, I need you to understand that you can't send personal letters to professors in the dead of the night. That kind of behaviour rouses a lot if suspicion. No matter how innocent the reason may be."

The man paused for a second and ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. There was just far too much activity going on in the very first day of this year. One could only imagine how insane things were going to get later on.

"Now, how may I be of help?
Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

(Yeah, its short but I seriously got nothing on this lmao. Fk does she want XD)

full

She almost jumped a bit as she heard the footsteps of someone approaching her. However when she turned to see who it was a wave of relief washed over her. But even so her brows furrowed in a curiously concerned manner. She watched Harold sit down beside her a bit dumbfounded and bewildered by this experience. She never would have thought that her life would lead up to this point. To where she was literally sitting next to one of the people in the world, plagued by rot, who she truly admired and aspired to be.

She listened almost too closely to every word Harold was saying and she ended up blinking several times unaccustomed to his accent, but all the same... she understood his words. After a few moments of her staring at him not saying anything she snapped out of her surreal dreamlike state and cleared her throat.

"Oui-"

She hadn't broke the habit of speaking in her native tongue yet, but noticed this and adjusted.

"Yis, I am Ms. Whitelock."

She raised her eyebrows at his next statement

"Oh of coures' I has not sought about dis in zat way, I won't make a habits of it"

She adjusted, crossing one leg over another. Nodding to his question.

"Ah yis, ze matter of business. I am of ze understanding zat ju are... an esteemed mage at zis Acatemy? I vuz vundering if ju may be able to assist in ze magical studies? I has a rather... how do ju say... sensitive physique?"

She paused for a moment or two but suddenly became a bit flustered, her cheeks had gone pink.

"Nono not ze physique... oi.... how stoopid of me. Ze magic, is... complicated. Can I show ju sumsing?"

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

coded by Mx.Trinity

Professor Harold's eyes had gone wide but he quickly calmed himself. He took a cautious look around to make sure no one had felt that surge. That was....not normal to say the least.

(Trin, im sorry. Not much I can say here without spoiling so this one is forced to be short as well.)

"Christ, Perle this is something far beyond me. I'm good but this would take....weeks for me to even begin to understand. Does the General know about this? I mean, I want to help but..." a hard sigh escaped the red headed soldier's lips as he began rubbing his temples. It was comical how he was thinking how hectic this first day was and then this came along. "I will be in touch Perle. But this is something you can show no one, understand?"

The question came about his and his heart started to beat just a bit faster at what was awaiting him when he got home. "She's at home right now. She is feeling hungry so she is just waiting for me. Which is why I can't stay for long but this is something we need to look into Ms. Whitelock. Just be very careful. We dont know how this works yet."

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity

full

She nodded once again.

"Yis ze general iz avare of ze situation. I sink I could help ju understand ze basics of it. But ifs it iz too complicated for ju zen... what zu I zu?"

She gave him a concerned look before replying to the whereabouts of Lana.

"Ouuu la la. I vun't keep ju much longer zen. Should I come back to ju, tomorrow zen? I vant zu be prepar'ed for ze Rot. Such a horrible vurden rests on zuch a zmall few of us. I canz hardly sit back while ze rest of ze students are learning, no?"

She said with an increasing amount of concern in her voice, which also showed on her face.
shadowz1995 shadowz1995

coded by Mx.Trinity

Mira Kingston
Mira stood as the red head did and blinked. It wasn't apparent when they stood so far away from one another in the classes nor was it obvious when they were sitting. But standing next to the human, Mira could clearly see the other was nearly a half a foot taller than she was. She frowned at the blatant fact, but Yume was making her own face, jealous of a vampire's anatomy. And thus her frown was replaced with a small, teasing smile. As the two walked back toward the dorm buildings, Mira supposed being short wasn't nearly as bad as dealing with the storm that came with a human's menstrual cycle. She remained quiet until Yume spoke again.

"It is no trouble. We seem to be in the same building as new recruits, anyway," she assured the other. When they arrived at the building, Mira went in first, her gaze wandering. She wouldn't abandon the other quite yet--she did offer the escort, and it wasn't very Kingston-like to half ass an escort. "Which is the way to your room? And why chocolate?" It had dawned on her that that had been a very specific solution. The heat pack made sense, of course. It would help with pain.

Cosmos Cosmos

Hanako Yamada

The girl crept out of the shadows within the corridor and walked down the hallway to a door that lead into the courtyard where the vampire, Alois, and the white haired mage from earlier were conversing. She tightened her grip on the handle and slowly turned it, exiting the campus leading into the more naturally lit courtyard. "Ara, ara, it appears I've been found out much earlier than expected," she said to them in her native tongue, "it can't be helped given that we do have a vampire in our midst." She crossed her arms and looked and stared at Alois in particular rather intently. She was rather curious about her other classmates to say the least, going to this school was essentially a new start for her socially where her name wouldn't precede her for the first time in her life.

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha Quietpersona Quietpersona

The Wonder And Mystery Of Nature
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume smiled at the girls kind words, she may act tough and cold on the outside but Yume could tell she wasn't a bad person, and she was pretty dang beautiful at that- wait! This wasn't any time to be thinking that kinda stuff. Happy that she wasn't going to be left quite yet she gestured down the hallway and towards the right side of the rooms, "Last one down that way, it has the best view in my opinion~" She giggled as they went, the second part of the question perplexed her possibly more than the statement had confused Mira, "Why!? What do you mean why! It's chocolate. duh~ I mean, chocolate makes everything better! surely you know that!?" She practically shouted as though the girl had said something totally out of the ordinary, Yume's smirk grew as she tucked a few stray hands of red hair behind her ear with the hand not wrapped firmly around her stomach. "How does that work though, the whole ya' don't get what I'm having thing?~" She inquired in a curious fashion, tilting her head to the side a little and raising a brow at the female, "I mean, besides the whole fact of it being totally unfair~" She teased.

In her opinion it was just some cruel and mischievous fact of nature but she was quite genuinely interested in how it would work- there had to be something they had the was similar to it right? Otherwise how would they….. Her thoughts cut off and she turned bright red, shaking her head a little to get the admittedly rather dirty thoughts out of her mind.
The Wonder And Mystery Of Nature

Mira Kingston
A nice view, hm, Mira thought, remembering that she put up heavy curtains against the sun in her own room. She hadn't even thought to actually look out the windows. It seemed to her the two of them were polar opposites in a variety of ways, and she mused on that as she shrugged, still following. Chocolate was just chocolate to her--the vampire had never had much of a sweet tooth, maybe because of her other needs. "I like dark chocolate if it's mixed with something else," she decided, raspberries and cherries and strawberries in mind. She didn't think about it too much, however, because Yume continued onto the other topic quite quickly. She jumped around a lot, Mira noticed.

She shrugged in response to other's curiosity. "We get the hormonal changes at most, like changes in mood. But our bodies won't expel an unused egg like a human's. It makes it a little more challenging to have children because it's not always obvious when we're 'ready'. If you want children anyway," she explained. Mira found the conversation rather dry, so she blinked in surprise when she barely caught the red in the other's cheeks. "It's just biology, you know," she said with a shrug.​

Cosmos Cosmos

Friends
|| Yume Kasai ||

Yume nodded at the girls reply over her preference in chocolate, thought the mixed with something else admittedly made her mind scream blood for a moment before brushing that aside and awkwardly rubbing her arm, "Y-Yeah, I like milk chocolate the best~ Oh! Caramel flavour is also really good because it's so sweet a gooey." She replied, her blush fading from her cheeks a little, she knew she was jumping all over the place conversation wise but there wasn't much she could do to help that, when she was nervous she tended to do it.

At the girls other reply in response over the female cycle she nodded after a few moments, processing the though it seemed, "Oh, I think I get it?~" She replied wiht a smile before laughing at the biology part, "Y-Yeah~" She continued before they came to a stop outside her room, "So, I guess this is where we part ways?…. U-Unless you want to come in of course! You're more than welcome to after all you walked back with me and I'm really happy we've met and I have a friend now in this school I was getting worried because I couldn't speak properly to anyone else and then I kinda punched that guy in the guts and the other one was really creepy and flirted with me but hey, yeah!" She stuttered out in her usual awkward fashion, her hands making exaggerated gestures as she spoke to try and help guide along what she was saying.
Friends

Mira Kingston
They stopped before the last door at the end of the corridor, and Mira looked the door up and down before turning her attention back to Yume. The other did confirm this was her room, and stammered out what Mira couldn't quite understand as a goodbye. Though what surprised the vampire--so much so that the emotion visibly flickered across her features--was the sudden use of the F word. She hadn't expected Yume to be someone to make friends so late into the first day, and especially not with her. She wasn't sure how to respond in the moment, and she stared up at the other girl in a way that might have been off putting. But she eventually nodded, glancing away. "You just needed someone who can listen," she said. They maybe have been polar opposites, but so are magnets.

"I can come in. I'm usually up late anyhow," Mira agreed after with a slight nod. It wasn't easy to spot, but there seemed to be a slight smile on the girl's lips. "I can show you how to play Terrorcraze 11 if you won't get chocolate all over it," she offered.

Cosmos Cosmos

f26ef9b92aea2115f46e5871d221198a.png
1498120880244.jpg

Tyson laughed, it put him at ease to know that someone else understood how important it was to keep an eye on his sister, and thankfully it was someone he really trusted and knew full well he could handle what ever Aceline threw at him. He laughed as Francis stood up and walked over to his sister who stood in line awkwardly waiting her turn. Ty shook his head at her behavior, partially because he knew exactly what his twin was thinking but also because it was amusing to watch her from afar. Then he looked at the back of Mr. Gundyr and a thought suddenly crossed his mind. A small, sly smirk crept onto Tyson's soft lips and no matter how hard he tried to keep it from forming, it broke through. He looked down at the table top to avoid anyone who might catch the devious smile while the idea swirled in his head, growing bigger and bigger. He rested an elbow on the table and ran the same hand through his hair while continued to scheme, 'What better person to handle Aceline than Francis. Ace would never choose a complete stranger for a partner and Francis knows her well enough to not take her actions and words so personally. Hes more than capable to take care of himself in that lioness den.'

Aceline, who remained in the line, redirected her attention else where when she saw Francis stand up and approach her. Once he reached her she looked at him with an unamused face and a silent sigh, "Oh joy, he sent you to baby sit..."
"Don't worry Ace. No one is going to think any less of you. It's actually kind of cute that that side of you hasn't changed over the years."
Aceline scoffed and rolled her eyes at his opinion, she turned her body away from him, slightly embarrassed, but kept a stone face anyway. 'Cute is for puppies and babies....even then not all of zem(them) are cute..' she thought. "How stupide..." she murmured under her breath. Her blue gaze followed Francis as he approached the food and ordered what he wanted for himself and what she assumed was for Ty, unless the British humie eats for two.

When he finished, he stepped aside for Aceline and she just sort of looked at him with a hollow stare before making the connection that it was her turn. The small vampire girl stood where Francis previously stood and looked at the food. Her nose scrunched at the smell, and her eyes squinted with skepticism when she looked at it steaming under the light, "Do you have any bœuf a la bourguignion? Perhaps somewhere in ze (the) back? I do not see it here...." she asked looking down at the trays of food, and moving some hair out of her face and behind her ear.
"No..." the monotonous voice of the server replied.
"No? Then i will settle for zis(this).... sad excuse for a tartiflette zen(then)."
"This is macaroni and cheese....."
"Maca what?" She turned to Francis with the most confused look on her face, "Zey(they) have zhe(the) strangest foods here," she looked at the server once again, "Fine I will have zat(that) zen(then)." Aceline dug around in the top part of her dress to look for money that she usually kept in her bra as emergency reserve. The server looked at her with wide eyes, and dropped his head slightly, incapable of believing she was about to pay......and gawking at her hand shuffling things around in there at the same time.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
Francis Gundyr

Ace was about as abrasive as always but the thought didn't bother him none. She then asked for some rather strange sounding food that the server clearly wasn't familiar or plain didn't have. Maybe french just made it sound fancy and she was actually just asking for a sandwhich or something of that nature. Though knowing the dear little french woman as well as he did, meant that he knew the likelihood of the being true.... absolute zero.

As if to put a giant laugh in Francis's lungs, the girl reached inside of her dress for....something? At first, he just thought she was trying to adjust her bra or something but it turned out completely different then what he imagined. Aceline wasn't fixing her underwear....she was trying to find money to pay with.

What DID bother him was when Aceline was searching, a number of eyes flew to where she rather carelessly searched her dress. The mercenary leaned down so he could whisper in her ear, "You don't have to pay here, Ace." He said. Right after, Francis straightened and decided to use the lunch man as an example for everyone else letting their eyes wander so obviously. He stepped forward and placed both of the trays in front of him, leaning on the counter top as he gave the lunch man the most wicked of killer's smiles. "You keep looking at her with those kinds of eyes and you'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow with your eyes attached and not in a body bag." Ome could simply see it as a bluff, as the lunch man did but a second at all of the tales of war on his skin made him reconsider. The way he glared at the man wasn't normal for his age either. The kind of look only the officers had. The look of someone who has seen too much death in their lifetime.

Slowly but surely the threat worked and all the men nearby were suddenly very interested in the food. Just to be sure, Francis picked up his trays and stood right behind Ace when she finally got her Mac n cheese and shadowed her as they went back tothe table. If any were brave enough to check her out again, they'd get an eyefull of a soldier's back.
Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back