• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vanguards

The Fire Of Your Soul Is Only As Strong As The Fire In Your Heart
|| Yume Kasai ||
Konachan.com - 216863 sample.jpg
Yume continued to stand there awkwardly, her face almost of red as her hair as she shuffled nervously on her feet, fingers twitching in a rather comical and cartoon-like fashion as she glanced around quickly, trying to seek some sort of other student who'd messed up only to find the rest all to be the perfect examples of well-behaved. She at least cheered up a little when she spotted the professors wife attempting to stifle a giggle at the comment, her she of pink lessening as she thought she'd finally managed to calm down- well that was until the boy beside her gave her a nudge and called her 'pretty thing'.

She swears she didn't mean to it was just an instinct in most respects but her fist shot out and punched the guy rather decently in the stomach, he was just lucky he wasn't any taller or it would've hit a much more sensitive spot. Instantly she began opening and closing her mouth like some sort of goldfish, trying to find the words to apologise the bets she could, "I-I, sorry! I didn't meant to it's just my grandpa said that I should when someone- oh! I'm really sorry are you okay!?…." She stuttered out as quiet as she could, the 'cowboy' professor continuing to speak throughout the commotion.

She listened in as best she could whilst trying to aid the boy after her sudden attack, partners? she's heard about it but considering where she came from she didn't already have one, in fact looking around most of the people here already did…. She hoped she'd be able to find one.

_
The Fire Of Your Soul Is Only As Strong As The Fire In Your Heart
"The bond is not something to be taken lightly and requires trust. So, that is why you choose your partners here."
_

Just how important was this bond they talked about? It seemed like a really big deal, argh!? What if her partner didn't like her, what if they thought she was weird, what if they wanted to try and eat her or something? they were a vampire after all, but that was silly, vampires don't actually eat people they just drink their blood and all so she should be perfectly fine! Her thoughts raced around rapidly, from the professors to the flirty guy to the partners to herself…..

You could practically see her eyes head spinning with confusion.

Mira Kingston
Whatever Mira had missed must not have been important or necessary. The questions asked by a couple students gave her enough information: partners are important, yada yada. She was zoning out again, though, as the professors continued. She could barely make friends when she entered a new school. How was she supposed to bond with a partner, and a frail human one at that? She needed someone strong and energetic on her side--someone to pick up her slack when she was feeling lazy. Her face betrayed none of these thoughts--unlike Mason who was quite an open book--and she watched the teacher's lips move absentmindedly. The anxieties weren't common for Mira, but she had to admit herself she was uncomfortable in a new a place.

Regardless of her thoughts, there was an annoying buzzing in her head that she couldn't quite shake...Her eyes wandered over to the red head hit and went on with a long apologize to the other human. Her brows furrowed together, the poor human earning her bored gaze instead of the professors. Her excitable was quite different from Mira's--the confusion was all over her face whereas Mira's could have been stone. It didn't change when their gazes met either, though Mira allowed her eyes to drop up and down, sizing the human up. For all her talk and violence, was she even capable of anything? Mira watched her a moment more before looking to the professors.

BP: 145/145
Frenzy: 0/4​

Gehrman Hunter
Mentions: Cosmos Cosmos

One second Gehrman was listening to the cowboy's speech, and complimenting the girl to his left. Then in the span of about a heartbeat he had a fist lodged deep in his gut and his vision goes double for a second. He had taken plenty of punches in the arena before, but this little firebrand was strong as hell. His mouth shoots open as a puff of air escapes from his lungs from the force of the punch, but barely a whisper leaves his lips. He tries to look and sound tough, since he ego demands it, even if he is holding back a small tear. His brow is furrowed so hard that it looks like it's about to split his face in two. "Oh no, don't worry-" He coughs, gripping his stomach in discomfort. "about it. It's fine I'm a big boy, I can take a hit from a girl." Poor Gehrman had to bend over slightly trying to adjust his position just so he could breath better. "I'm sure your grandpa is a smart man, there are plenty of creeps out there. You are lucky you have me nearby to protect you from those people."

After letting out one more deep breath the boy was able to fully regain and secure his composure. At this point he only caught the last bit of what professor Kilton had been talking about, something about a link and then it came back to him. He would need to find a partner, but even though they all just got there he could see people eyeing each other as if they had telepathy. Looks like most people already had their partners in mind which spelled some misfortune for him. He didn't want to be alone, and he was afraid he wouldn't be paired with anyone, so he was damn well going to make a friend or die trying. "Listen Firebrand, don't worry about it. I think you showed some real strength, and us pyromancers gotta stick together. I'm sure we got a few tricks we could show each other. How about you and I spar sometime after class." He gave a flex of his muscles to demonstrate his finesse in the art of strength and combat, as if trying to display he could throw a few punches of his own with his showmanship. "I saw some good obstacle courses outside, so what do you say salamander up for a round or two? Oh, and I still didn't get your name?" He flashed a deviously charming grin.

While he awaited her answer though a sudden thought crossed his mind, who his partner was going to be. He would have liked to be able to pair up with another human since he could relate to them better for starters, and because he feels drawn to other pyromancers, but that was out of the question. It seemed the academy relied heavily on their units being bound by the link for whatever reason, which meant no humans for him. He put on a brave face, but he knew he would have to fight his fear sooner or later. He was going to be partnered with a vampire, and they are going to get hungry, and they will put their lips all over him, and he is going to cry. To him the third part didn't sound all that bad though the perverted bastard. He realized though that he had been gawking for some time and nodded his head a few times to show that he is still a part of the conversation with the girl though who's name he still hasn't gotten yet.

Vanilen Ainswurth

The elder vampire shook his head in frustration at the thought of more of these thick headed children being sent to the slaughter one day, doomed by their own idiocy.

Still, Vanilen took some solace in the fact that they were being trained by the brightest instructors on the entire planet. At least, in Vanilen's opinion as he had traveled to other academies as an officer and as a "founder" of Byrgenwerth. The young recruits of this academy were in the best hands they could possibly be in....whether they knew it or not.

The german pureblood took another deep breath after Silentium asked his question and answered his question with an obvious hint of distate for the subject. "They assigned Julia Valois to me as my partner. The girl has barely recovered from losing her partner beforehand and then they pair her off with me. I've offered multiple times to change it for her but she adamantly refuses to. She insists on staying as my partner. For whatever reason."

Vanilen turned his head to the sound of someone turning the corner and was mildly surprised to see the third oldest vampire pop into view. Vanilen returned the bow respectfully with one of his own and turned back to Team Foxtrot in thought. Reiner had provided a ver valid point within minutes of arriving and it almost caused Vanilen to laugh. "I agree Reiner. But I find it difficult that it needs to come to that for them to understand that....its not about them. Everything they are training for is so much bigger than them. Both literally and metaphorically. So much death could be avoided if they simply put all of this pettyness aside.... And then people wonder why I put students through buildings whenever Im assisting in training."
Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

Alois Jäger

Alois took in everything that the instructors had said and also paid close attention to the questions that the students around him had asked aloud. The whole blood link sounded familiar since his parents had taught him about it once before but he was too busy daydreaming about being an amazing fighting duo at the time to focus on the little details. He stood amongst the crowd with his arms crossed in a somewhat confused state as he realized that he'd have to carefully choose a teammate that wouldn't bore him to death or be a complete buzzkill. While his head slowly tilted from side to side, Alois came to the conclusion that there was only one real way of finding a partner that matched his style. He quickly began to put his plan into action as he made his way towards the instructors and stood in font of them with a wide smile on his face. Alois placed his hands around his mouth and took in a deep breath before yelling out, "I'm Alois Jäger and if you're interested in being my partner step right up!"

Professor Kilton & Professor Lana

Professor Lana was clearly not amused by some of the conversations the students were holding but her temper boiled over when one of the students stepped before the entire class and broadcasted himself to his class. Her right eye visibly twitched, causing her husband to look over with something akin to fear on his face. Not for himself but for that poor kid. "Oh? I'm so glad that we have a volunteer for today's little lesson. So let's see...it will be the volunteer, you, you and you." She pointed at Ryan Decker, Freyja Wionne, and Gabriel Salazar respectively.

Not having a choice in the matter, the rest of the students were told take several steps back while the chosen few stepped forward. Professor Kilton merely sighed and looked over to his wife, deciding whether or not to coax her out of her mute fury. Lord knows some of these kids were rotten eggs but they didn't deserve to be broken either.

"Alright, set the scene for us!" The red headed man called out to seemingly no one.

Not a moment later, hard light magic beamed down from the top of the building into the massive empty of space that was the simulation room. What was once a seemingly endless building of grey was molded into a completely different scene. The students would suddenly find grass sprouting beneath their feet as if the God of nature decided to bless the area. Everything around them would shift as if they were being teleported to an entirely different section of the planet. A large, beautiful valley. The wind caressed the grass softly, causing it to sway lightly under its pressure. There wasn't a tree in sight. Just the hills, grass, wind, and untainted blue sky. As if it had never been touched by a single gas that wasn't natural.

"Damn, this is such a nice scene too...." Harold said rubbing the back of his head with a frown.

Professor Lana stepped forward as if the change in scenery was not only irrelevant but also non-existent. "Make any and all preparations right now. You won't get a chance once we begin." Professor Lana's anger was....unnerving to say the least.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Anaxileah Anaxileah Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Nogoodname Nogoodname Kloudy Kloudy Cosmos Cosmos Cameron Onfroy RiP Cameron Onfroy RiP Compass Compass Damafaud Damafaud Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity Mistory Mistory slim slim Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow Suzuken Suzuken Quietpersona Quietpersona Han JiHyo Han JiHyo Scarlet Iver Scarlet Iver Serf Ember Serf Ember Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha simj26 simj26 Fluffy-Kat Fluffy-Kat The Faceless King The Faceless King WoodenZebra WoodenZebra Aukanai Aukanai TPBx TPBx Kent Kent E.Vasper E.Vasper @Twyllvarlais Luckz Luckz Dark Sanctuary Dark Sanctuary Steff__legit_trash__ Steff__legit_trash__ Morgrim Morgrim

Gabriel Salazar

It wasn't until Professor Lana pointed him out that Gabriel snapped out of his stupor. The pyromancer had.....been completely spaced out during the entire introduction and he couldn't even pretend otherwise. Still, Gabriel had been challenged....and he never backs down from a challenge.

"Okay Profesora. If you really want to do this." Gabriel didn't say it as a warning but rather as a taunt. As if he was calling her stupid for daring to challenge him.

Flame of my soul, silent and fleeting
The time has come to rage and rise

Fill the air with your angry dance
Grace my body with infernal hatred
Let my enemies know the terror
Of playing with infernal rage

"Cuerpo De Fuego"

As the final words left his mouth, Gabriel widened his stance and brought his fists slamming into each other. At the precise moment of impact, the hispanic's body was engulfed blinding fire. The grass directly beneath his feet was vaporized instantaneously and anything within 3 feet of him was set ablaze much like himself. The excited smile that followed could only be described as a demon's smile. He knew this was going to be fun regardless of the outcome.

-12 mana

Mana Level Level: 80/92

Last edited:

His eyes danced upon the scene that developed just beneath them. His would be words were cut off by his sudden attentiveness to the situation. He opened his arms, unabrasively and clasped his hands gently around the catwalk's railing. Almost like a practiced gesture. However even the light illusions that obscured the battlefield he picked out the students from one another, all of the individuals infact. His pupils had widened for just a moment before going back to their normal state. His ears were picking up every word that was being said as well.

Silentium watched as one of the students casted a pyromancy spell, puny in comparison to what he knew professor Lana was capable of. His jaw moved in a way that implied an unamused expression. He clicked his tongue slowly across the roof of his mouth before talking.

"It seems the new recruits luck was slim to begin, and has since all but vanished now. The professor's class really should come with a warning. But I suppose they learn the hard way now."

He closed his eyes for a moment shaking his head in disbelief of their new student's boastful behavior before opening them again.

"This isn't a privileged school... you don't get to sit by idly as your comrades do all the work."

He took a moment examining the instructors arena and the pyromancer once again.

"No... that won't do. Offensive attacks are the worst thing a student can do in the presence of a foe much stronger than their own ability. You'll burn through mana much too quickly. He'll be lucky to survive the Professor's first onslaught."

Blood Level: 725/725

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

Last edited:
William Hawthorne

It was undeniable how enchanting it really was. Of course William could guess what the scene around them looked like, but that wasn't the beautiful part. It was the gracefully fluid movement of mana swirling about them that William felt most entranced by. Like great channels of magical energy twisting and flowing around them, a kaleidoscope of beautiful power moulding their surroundings effortlessly. It made William rather regretful that he hadnt been naturally talented in luxomancy instead.

It had not been long since the induction ceremony, nor his talk with that odd vampire girl who had approached him, one he would have to remind himself to definitely get more acquainted with. She was quite interesting, to say the least. Having kept to himself for most of the beginning of the lesson, William was content to observe the small demonstration that was about to unfold before the class. He had never been allowed to enter the simulation room, so he had no idea what happened in here. Clearly with good reason: it seemed Professor Lana was about to exact a terrible fury upon those unfortunate enough to have caused the greatest disturbance, not to mention the student who had essentially tried to hijack the lesson itself. A faint knowing smile touched his lips as William's unseeing eyes gazed upon the combatants, a curious interest in him as to how this would turn out. The Pyromancer had already started off with a buff-type aoe fire spell to himself, so he clearly felt prepared. It was all a matter of what Professor Lana threw at them.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow

Alois Jäger
63f139af711d42ab58c3d26388abdad1.jpg

Any normal person would have back down immediately at feeling the rage roll off of the professor in steady waves, Alois was anything but normal. Hearing other students being called up to join him and watching as the scenery shifted before his eyes only added to his excitement. He wasn't exactly sure about what the demonstration would be like but his sadistic nature left him shivering in excitement at the thought of fighting. A feral look had entered his eye as his pupils dilated in response to the adrenaline he was feeling at getting the chance to spar against new people. It was quite boring for him to go up against his family members when he was home so this would be a nice change of pace and he might even be able to learn something here. Alois reached down to unsheathe his twin short blades and expertly twirled them around as if they were nothing but mere toys. "Not too sure about what's going on but I'm ready to take head on!"

Last edited:
Ryan Decker
At being called out, Ryan winced a bit but nodded. She turned to the man and woman she was previously conversing with and gave a short nod. "It was nice meeting you both." she said sincerely. With another nod, she turned away from the pair and made her way forward towards the professor. As she went, her hands moved up to grab her katanas. A split second later, she decided to forego them. She had no idea what she was walking into. It was better to be prepared defensively then offensively in her opinion. Taking a deep breath, she called forth her mana but didn't activate it just yet. Whatever was about to happen, her barrier was ready to spring forth at any given moment.

She looked towards the other two students that had been called on. Taking note of their locations, she chose to move a bit further away. Her idea was to watch and observe the professor as well as the other students. Gather an idea about what was going to happen, and then make a plan of action from there.​

Mana Level: 112/112

Mentioned
TPBx TPBx

Last edited:
Freyja Wionne
45500626cec3a0e8004cc8220368e50f_1.jpg

She watched as the scene changed around her, the solid, featureless box that kept them in morphing into a lush green field, a slight breeze running through the blades of grass softly. A wonderful sight to behold, yes, but ultimately a false one. Technological progression was unlikely to give them such a realistic arena, so it must be the work of the magi. More than one of them were present somewhere, manning this illusion. Frey stored this, too, in the back of her head.

She glanced over her companions, and drew in a deep breath. A futile practice. They would fail to surpass whatever test the woman would give them. Each of the volunteered were fighting a battle on their own selves. They did not know each other, and they would not fight with one another. There was no time to prepare and strategise. They were set up to fail from the start. Freyja sighed. What could she do, except to do her best?

She eschewed the use of her supply of blood. She knew she had too little to expend, especially to waste it on a hopeless fight like this. She unbuttoned her shirt, and undid her cuffs, instead. With a swift motion, she tugged the navy shirt free from her torso, revealing the leotard that covered her upper body, pressed tight against her body. Her muscles were meaningless, she realised, against the Professor.

But that wasn’t reason enough to refuse her a good fight. She lay her shirt on the ground neatly, and indicated it to a young man nearby, the one named Idris, though this was a fact she was unaware of. “Could you help to take care of this? Thank you very much.” She nodded slowly without waiting for a reply, before stepping forwards to join the other volunteered.

She drew in a deep breath, rolled her shoulders forwards, then lowered herself into a stance, one foot forwards, and both arms raised to intercept any incoming blows. She would have to go on the defense, study her opponent’s moves. It was unlikely that she would be able to strike first. Once she caught the pattern, then she would be able to reciprocate. Hopefully. She cleared her throat, then waited.

Nogoodname Nogoodname shadowz1995 shadowz1995

f26ef9b92aea2115f46e5871d221198a.png
1498120880244.jpg

"Don't worry about it Aceline. At the time, it was perfectly mutual. I just didn't have the luxury of telling you due to my occupation." Francis confessed. Well, there was some comfort in knowing that she shared the same embarrassing story with someone else. She tore her teal eyes away from her brother with a sigh, and relaxed a little. "Well, either way, I just wanted to say hi before I went back to the dorm to organize my stuff. Nice seeing you two. Stay safe." And with that being said, the old friend gave a wave, and walked away. Tyson wanted to catch up more, but understood they had little time before their first lesson begins, and everyone needed to take the time to settle into their rooms before anything so, until then, the twins would be spending their time in their dorms. Tyson had begun to walk to the dorms with Aceline beside him, "Why would you say that?" she shoved his shoulder, making him stagger to the side a little and chuckling with amusement, containing an open laugh. But it burst through, and Tyson collectes his breath, "Ive...Ive never seen you so embarrassed!" he said between chuckles, holding his stomach that was aching from being contracted for so long. Aceline rolled her eyes and walked ahead of him with arms crossed, leaving a trail of steam up to the dorms. Tyson wiped a tear from his eye amd ran after her to catch up, a smug smile on his face.

The twins had separate rooms, and a little ways from eachother. Aceline was a full floor above her brother, and to her belief his room would be behind where hers was located, just down below. She didnt like it too much, being so far away and all, she doesnt even know who her neighbors were. The twins split up at the stairs to go to ther respective rooms and start preparing a little before they began their march to class. Aceline stopped infront of her door, and took a moment to look to her left, then to her right, who was next to her anyway? Other girls? Perhaps this was an all girls floor. Or...maybe it was a mix. Other vampires? Could be a vampire floor. Who knows, and not knowing seemed to pick at her, surrounded by complete strangers. She stepped into her room and immediately began to unpack some of her things and make the place more....to her liking. As did Tyson with his room. Neither of the twins finished before it was time to randezvous for their first class.​

Aceline left her room first, remembering to lock the door behind her, and made her way to the stairs then to the bottom floor where she would exit the dorm building and begin her way to class. There were other students in her general vecinity, moving along in the same direction she was going in. Judging by their young, eager faces, it was safe to assume they were also newbies. How ever the numbers seemed a little low compared to the hoarde of students previously seated in the auditorium, that huge sea of bodies couldnt possibly being going to the same class all at once? Could they? Perhaps people had different times, just to limit the mount of students in one class. Yea, that must be it. Large round eyes blinked a few times before returning straight ahead and entering the classroom.

Tyson wasnt too far behind, he left his room a little later, but still early enough to get to class on time. At some point he did spot the back of his sisterd head, but didnt bother catching up. In his hand he carried a thin book, it was a journal used as a note pad, and in his pockets he had a variety of pens to choose from. Yup, Tyson was that guy. Studying was a huge part of his life, and he was always prepared to take notes about anything, especially on the first day. Things learned on the first day tend to be the first things forgotten later on. But Tyson never allowed for that to happen, he studied like his sole purpose in life was to bury his face in books, and the thing was, he enjoyed it. Specifically topics on magic and other phenomena along those lines. He slipped into the room quietly, taking in the common chatter that suddenly hit him upon entering. Students mingled, and there was intensity in the air. Everyone was just sort of standing around looking confused until word got to both twins that they were instructed to proceed to the field, not the classroom. Aceline sighed and shook her head, well, at least she changed into something more appropriate? That was a good call. The small girl turned in her heels and exited the classroom, brushing past people and bumping into them. Tyson didnt notice her among the others but he too left the room once he found out.

Eventually the twins and the herd of newbies found their way to the field amd suddenly the open space didnt seem so open anymore. Aceline and Tyson looked around, taking note of the available equipment as resources and were amazed by the school's features. They followed the crowd to the face of another building where yet a second note was found. 'What is zis(this)? Childrens games?' she thought, getting slightly annoyed by this scavenger hunt deal going on. In anycase they pressed on and eventually the students met face to face with what the twins assumed were two instructors. One was an older man, but not old, still young and rugged, the other was a silent woman, whos face was unwavering and serious. Tyson inspected the two carefully, their body language, their voices when they spoke, how they carried themselves. Professor Lana, Ty concluded, seemed like a stern and by-the-book woman, no games and no nonsense kind of gal. Professor Kilton on the other hand, was warmer more inviting, a real people person. The twins saw a lot of themselves in these two instructors, they were similar in many ways, besides the fact that they were married. Professor Kilton finished off by asking if there were any further question, and like most cases, there were. He answered as best he could.

So...today was about Blood Links. Aceline crossed her arms when the lesson topic was brought up, 'So soon?' she couldnt help but ask herself. She knew what they were, didnt completely understood how it worked, but she had a general idea. Ace grew a little self conscious, she had no where near enough time to befriend someone, let alone really become acquainted with some one at all. The only people she made any sort of contact with was that guy sitting and watching people as they passed and, "Ugh...Francis," she muttered reluctantly. He was the closest to a "friend" she had at this point, other than her brother, who by the way, refused to be her partner. Besides, with the massive grouo between them, she had no clue as to where he was. Was this part of his plan? So that Aceline would be forced to mingle and be on her own? The vampire girl narrowed her big blue eyes with her dark lashes, 'That dog...'

Tyson was a distance from his sister, but he didnt mind at all. Infact it didnt even seem to phase him, or cross his mind. He just followed the students and listened to both instructors speak, along with their answers to the questions some students had raised. Beside him was a girl with bright red hair. She was a nervous wreck, didnt take an empath like Tyson to sense that. He peered over at her for a moment, watching her body language. She was stiff, on the verge of immobile, and her throat constantly swallowed and the mention of a link or a partner. Her eyes said it all, she was confused, and perhaps, slightly fearful/nervous? "Hey," he called to her, "You alright over there?" He chuckled lightly, his own calm presence radiating off of him, "Youll be alright," he offered a warm smile and patted her shoulder. "It could be worse, Im paired with an officer, and judging by the vague explanation," he gestured toward the instructors before them, "Im not sure Im really going to like it." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood, "Think of it as... taking step one with someone else. Theres comfort in knowing youre not alone right? Im nervous too to tell you the truth," Ty dug his hands in the pockets of his jacket and shrugged sheepishly. Suddenly a loud voice carried itself over the crowd and nabbed Tyson's attention, "I'm Alois Jäger and if you're interested in being my partner step right up!"
"Oh boy..." Tyson said to himself, "That brave, brave soul..." he shook his head," Well, atleast hes got guts, something a lot of us seem to lack, including myself I must admit." Tyson turned his body to completely face the red head, "Im Tyson, Tyson Rousseau. But my sister calls me Ty so if that is more to your liking, you could call me that as well." He smiled, flashing his boyish charm and regal mannerisms. Professor Lana pointed out two other students and decided to use the initial "brave soul" to teach him a lesson. 'Sheesh, I hope for his sake he can do something to slightly impress her,' Tyson thought. His own blue eyes glanced at the woman, and the glance turned into a stare. She was harsh but her beauty trumped her iron fist.

Both twins, in their respective places, watched the first lesson take place, not really sure what to expect.

Cosmos Cosmos
Mentioned: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Kloudy Kloudy

Ann Cromwell
"Yeah well I'm surprised you are assuming I'm staring. Pretty perceptive for a blind guy." Ann cheekily replied to William's own snark as she accepted the offered hand and shook it. She did a once over of the boy. Silvery hair, cloudy eyes, an alright figure. Ann mentally rated him as a 7.6/10. Handsome even but some things can be improved. That being said, Ann managed to overhear a couple of students talking about the direction of the dorms.

"Well, love to stay and chat Ash-Head but I'm a very busy lady. Later~" Ann cheekily bode turning to walk away a few steps before stopping. "Oh and for the record, the name's Ann. Ann Cromwell, charmed. Bye-bye~"

With that Ann quickly followed the directions she overheard and by some miracle, made it to the dorms. Once in the privacy of her room, she flung herself onto the bed and sighed.

"First day and I still can't find Julie... Oh well, I managed to find a decent looking guy. Oh right... Forgot to ask his name... Oh well. Its not like I can't find out another time." Ann happily giggled as she got up to a sitting position.

Two Hours Later
".... Well this is going to suck..." Ann muttered under her breath as the two Professors finished their briefing. Ann had a knack of sensing danger and right now, the female Professor was like a landmine and a wasps nest to her. That being said, Ann couldn't help but think that this 'Alois Jäger' guy is clearly a suicidal idiot.

"I pray that we won't have to bury someone today...." Ann groaned, facepalming.

Blood level: 146/146
Frenzy: 0/4
Kloudy Kloudy
Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha (Mentioned)

Julia Valois
"Oh dear..." Julia could only mutter as she had a rough idea of what is going on in the room below her. As a Luxomancer, she was tasked with helping out in changing the look of the training arena. Her post was at one of the far corners with only a technician there to keep her company. Luckily for her, the techie was the quiet type so she could simply focus on her magic usage and observe. And she did not like what she is observing.

Clearly, one of the students are too cocky or simply too confident in declaring his name aloud while asking if anyone wishes to be his partner. And that act alone had made Professor Lana mad. Julia may not always talk with the Professor but she knows that the woman had a mean temper. To the point that some of her students actually complained that they wanted to be in her classes instead.

If only they knew.

"You're certainly a cheeky one, aren't you?" The female professor stated through clenched teeth as the students prepared themselves. She had directed that comment to the abhorrently obnoxious blonde vampire that stood before them. Weapons drawn and stupid little smile on his face. As if he stood something of a chance. Professor Lana had quite literally reached her limit with this utter disrespect for this team. Examples needed to be set for the tone of this class. That they weren't going to get away with this nonsense.

Mrs. Kilton twisted on a heel and stomped over to her husband, who had a very real look of fear all over his face "Woah, woah, sweetheart please. You know it hurts like hell if you just ya-" The red head didn't even get to finish his sentence before she yanked his head to side and plunged her teeth into the side of his neck. A very dangerous place to bite considering the carotid artery and jugular vein ran through the sides of the neck. Even though the movement appeared rough and even savage-like, it was practiced. Like something they had done time and time again.

Mr. Kilton grunted in pain and had to tightly shut his eyes just to avoid letting out a yell. Normally, it was painful but rather pleasant. That was when the vampire took the time to be considerate. An enraged Lana Kilton was anything but considerate.....

....at least....

The raven haired woman released her husband and quickly stuck her tongue out, puncturing it with her tongue followed by her bottom lip. Her blood flowed freely from the self-inflicted punctures, mingling with the blood of her husband running down her chin. Lana grabbed the red head's face roughly and leaned in half a degree but stopped.

Lana went completely stiff, almost rigid. She swallowed hard for a moment, unable to look her partner in the eyes. Professor Kilton rubbed his bloodied neck sorely before letting out a long string of a chuckle which caused Lana to actually grow a bit red in the face. Unknown to the students, it was simply her agitation had roused her beast, causing her to act the way she did.

"Always told you to ease up on the ignorant ones a bit, kitten."

"Shut up Harold. Why would you refer to me by that name here, you insuffe-"

No further words were said as Mr. Kilton silenced her by stealin her lips (and breath by extension) away from her. A romantic action as well as a necessary one. The vampiress's blood pooled on his tongue and once he felt it was enough, he pulled away, swallowing the collected blood. "Fool..."

"Yeah, but I'm your fool."

There was a pause before both of their eyes opened wide, a blink of ethereal light could be seen flash from within their eyes as the Blood Link set in.

Professor Kilton's brow set hard, the veins in his body began to pulse from the powerful blood flowing through them now. Likewise, Professor Lana visibly relaxed. Any of those students who were magic sensitive would be able to feel the massive surge of mana flowing through her being. Both unlocking the full potential of the other, minds and senses mingling with each other.

"Ready or not..."

"...Here we come."

Lana Kilton was there and the suddenly wasn't. If there were any vampires who had enhanced their senses in the class, they might have caught the short blur of movement. In one instant, she was standing beside her husband. In the next, she was crouched like an enraged panther just below Alois Jager. The boy had not activated any blood enhancements....not that it would have helped him from the incoming beatdown.

Then the boom was heard.

Not from the devastating blow that Lana had thrown into Jager's body, effectively knocking any and all air out of his body, sending his sternum into spasms, though that made a terrifying sound all its own. No, it was the boom from where she had been standing. Professor Lana had effortlessly broken the sound barrier.

As the young pure blooded vampire's body lifted from the ground from the force of the blow, a clawed hand whipped out and caught him by his fine, noble face, the nails easily sinking through his skin and meeting bone.

She hoisted the boy into the air by his head, "In your life, will you speak out of turn while officers are present boy." She whispered to him, loud enough for the class to hear and absolutely dripping with the malicious poison of an enraged vampire.

To which, hoisted him higher and slammed his head into the ground with enough force to shatter the illusory rocks beneath them, effectively rendering completely and utterly unconscious. Not out of cruelty, but because the boy ran the risk of frenzying almost instantly if left conscious. A mercy within vampire culture. If someone knocks you out or kills you before you lose yourself to The Beast....that someone has done you right.

In the same instance that all of that was happening, Professor Kilton whipped out a large piece of paper from his pocket. It had been folded up but once opened, it revealed impossibly complex and intricate design within its fibers. Symbols, swirls, and markings so small and unique from one another that it could be considered a work of fine art. Though Harold tossed lightly into the air and is came floating down, he lightly tapped it with the back of two fingers.

"Fire cracker." Was all he said.

Gabriel tilted his head in confusion as the runic papers incinerated in the blink of an eye.

It was a good thing all of the students had stepped back several feet because Gabriel was suddenly engulfed in such a fiery explosion, that suicide bombers would be jealous of. The very air trembled with the force of the spell and the subsequent shockwave was enough to blow the lighter students off of their feet.

When the fire faded, only a crater was left....Gabriel was nowhere to be seen....

That was, until gravity finally did its job and he crashed back down into the building floor, into the epicenter of the crater. Completely unconscious and his clothing and skin heavily burned.

This happened at the same exact moment that Professor Lana had finished Alois Jager. A perfectly synchronized double takdown with not even a whisper of planning or an exchange.

"You will always pay attention in class, kid. Or next time I wont gauge the power on that."

The sense of sound was always the last to go and Professor Kilton knew that Gabriel had heard him because it was only then that his mana aura dropped to that of someone who was asleep or unconscious.

That was two lessons down and two more to go.

The red headed, male professor's form tensed for a moment and then became a blur as he moved at mind boggling speeds, coming to a sudden halt just before Ryan. The sudden stop of such high speed movement caused the air to rush past the younger female human.

"You not wanting a partner is about the same as saying you don't want to fight the Rot at all....or that you want to die while you fight them. Kid, we dont make these links because want to. It's because everything you know and love would have either never existed....or been lost. Because the Rot would taken everything and more from you."

"Now, come on. Hit me with your best shot."

Lana closed the distance between her and Freyja in an instant but threw a hard, enhanced fist at the thin-blood's guard intentionally. The strength was gauged so that muscular woman would be able to successfully receive the blow but she would certainly feel a shocking amount of pain through her arm and shoulder, radiating out to the rest of her body, along with being blown a few feet back from the force of the blow.

"Focused, cautious, alert, and attentive. You have the makings of a damn good Vanguard among a sad little flock of idiots that this academy will thoroughly whip into soldiers."

"I have to say.... I'm somewhat proud to see another thinblood like myself with the potential to push beyond that label. We are disregarded as weaker far too often. You can be one of the few that can show them how wrong they really are, as I have."

Professor Lana's form of speech had become a bit more casual relaxed due to the blood link with her husband no doubt. Just as Professor Kilton had become more official and aggressive in his approach.

The students would have taken a lot of information in if they had been paying attention to the lessons being given before them.

Ryan Decker

The white haired woman didn't move from where she was but took in the professors words. She gave a nod in understanding and responded, "You are right. I've just seen what losing a partner can do to a person. I know that to defeat The Rot, we need to rely on our partners, draw strength from them and the abilities they can give us. It's just not something I have ever thought about. I've been on my own for so long, the thought of depending on someone else is slightly terrifying."

She took a deep breath and moved back a few paces. To be honest, she was more calm then she probably should have been. That being said, she knew that she hardly stood any kind of chance and had accepted that fact. She pulled out the one thing that could potentially give her a small edge. Her pistols. She was really glad she had preloaded them with mana two days prior or this would potentially be an even worse situation.

Quickly she pulled out her pistols and with no hesitation began shooting at the professor. Her bullets were not regular bullets and it was easily seen by those watching. They looked to be pure magic bullets. Purple-ish in color and about as long as a middle finger. She knew that he could potentially dodge a good portion of them, and so she also began shooting in places he could potentially go. Watching and observing how fast he was had given her just enough info to loosely predict where he would go and how fast he could get there.​

Last edited:
GEHRMAN HUNTER
Mentions: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Cosmos Cosmos Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

The professors talked about partners, and blood links, what it meant to rely on trust another in the heat of battle against a dreadful enemy. It seemed like no one was really taking it to heart though as everyone maintained their cool or cocky attitudes, Gehrman included. He saw the blood boil though, he saw rage incarnate when professor Lana completely and utterly lost her shit at several of the other students. Static may have well been shooting through the air, because what would happen next would surely be electrifying. He decided to put his conversation with Yume on hold. Alois Jager, someone who at the moment seemed even more confident and stupid then Gehrman called out to everyone in the classroom how who would want to be his partner. Gehrman was bad at reading social taboos, but he was observant enough to see that he breached one of them. Gehrman took a few steps back, and decided to pull Yume back with him. Lest the poor girl get caught up in the crossfire.

Both the professors wanted to make an example, and he was damn sure going to learn why you don't piss off a vampire. Gehrman couldn't help but shudder when he saw the thinblood expose her husbands next to the open air, and sink her fangs into his neck. Gehrman turned a shade of colour paler as he imagined her feasting hungrily on his blood, and he preyed it would not be a common thing when he partnered with someone else. A cold shiver ran down his spine when the vampire pulled away from her husbands next, and witnessed the blood stains. "Why the hell do vampires have to be so creepy. Eugh!" He said under his breath, hoping that no one would have heard him say that.

Things only got worse as two of the students who had to fight the teachers were completely demolished in the blink of an eye. He hoped Alois wouldn't lose his face, he was pretty attractive in Gehrman's eyes, but now he was sure to look like a mess until he recovered. The other student, a pyromancer like himself was snuffed out in a second, not even able to stand a chance against the once very friendly seeming cowboy senpai. He could only gulp in nervousness as he tried to will himself invisible to the others, he did not want to mess with those powerhouses.

Freyja Wionne

She did not raise a hand to help either Alois Jager, or the pyromancer. They were gone before she could do anything, anyway. And what could she have done but delay the inevitable?

She was sure she met the incoming blow with all she could, but it was still not enough. It was all that Frey could do to redirect the incoming force away from her entire body and yet, she could feel the tremor of pain shake her entire physique. Furthermore, the professor struck AT her guard. She wanted Frey to feel it. That she did. The divots on the ground when she was pushed away by the sheer force were evidence enough of the fact. Frey, ever the professional, only allowed a single moment of pain flicker on her expression, before she resumed her stance. She noted that the professors’, both of them, gaits have changed ever so slightly. Lana now spoke and moved with less tension than she did prior to the battle. Her husband, however, now bore that same all-too-serious glare she had.

This was a Blood Link. A sharing of souls. To be able to trust someone so completely, that you’d share your own essence with the other.

Unfathomable. Could she really feel that way towards another, the heart chiseled of stone that she was?

She brushed that thought aside, and sought to de-escalate the fight. “Thank you, Professor. But. There is no point to continue. You’ve established your power. I cannot match a vampire with a Link, no matter how much I train to be like steel itself. It is indeed formidable.” Even as she spoke this haltingly, she did not drop her guard. They who do so in the midst of battle were the first to die. “I am sure my classmates understand just as well. The lesson is complete.” If the Professor came at her again, she would have to put everything into taking the blow, and countering at that same instant. She shifted her position slightly, digging her feet into the ground, steadying herself. This time, she would not be moved. She held her arms at ready, to both receive the next blow, and to return with her own, should it come to that. She slowed her breathing down, maintaining a steady rhythm once more.

What would be the next step…?@shadowz1995

Idris Alder

Idris, in no way envied the poor four that had been selected to spar with the professors themselves. Especially the two who had earned the ire of Professor Lana, all he could do now was pray for the poor souls as himself and the rest of his class was ushered back to give the combatants space to spar. But not before catching the shirt of the taller girl, giving a quick thumbs up "I've got ya, good luck!" he called before he was made to step back with the other students to watch. It was an interesting thing to see.. the blood link in action, the boy knew of its effects and how it worked but he had never actually seen it in a real fight before, it was incredible. As soon as the ritual was completed the mage could just feel the mana radiating throughout the simulation room, not just from the mage himself but from his partner as well.

The fight itself wasn't much of a contest, it was clear from the get go that the instructors were more experienced, had better teamwork, and were stronger in their respective skills by leagues. The four students would just be lucky to get out of the fight without breaking something. Idris blinked and nearly missed the two students as they were already knocked right out of the fight, he winced slightly as the force of the blow and subsequent firey explosion sent the two students flying before they could even register an attack. The poor souls, just like that the team of students was down two members right at the start, things were already looking quite grim, Idris had expected the fight to end quickly but hardly this fast.

The final two students found themselves met with a chance for retaliation, Idris figured this was the reward for students that didn't mouth off to the teacher. He watched, and cringed, as the admittedly courageous girl retaliated with her weapons. While it was a futile effort he couldn't help but respect the woman for standing her ground, he hoped she wouldn't be hurt too badly. On the other hand the larger vampire seemed to be trying to take a more diplomatic approach, probably the best idea in a situation like this. The two were clearly outmatched, the lesson learned, the vampire definitely smart to understand this. Idris wanted to speak up on her behalf but something told him that'd just end up with him joining her in the fruitless combat.

simj26 simj26

Mason Patch
It wasn't very apparent since Mason was listening to the professors, but he was irritated with the other students. He couldn't hear everything. Here he was, trying to learn anything about anything and people just kept talking over their teachers. He wasn't the type to shush other students, however, so he just remained politely quiet as he watched as Alois confronted the the professors. He was impressed with the vampire's confidence, and wondered if he could ever be so ready to face a professor. He glanced to the two and blinked, though, when Mrs. Kilton looked particularly frustrated--angry even at the students before her.

Then, suddenly, she turned and sunk her fangs into her husbands neck. Mason flinched and held his own throat as he glanced away. Was this the blood link they had been talking about? Did they need to do that right in front of the class? Mr. Kilton didn't seem super enthused about it, after all--and then they kissed. Did they have to do that in front of the class? Mason's fingers twitched at his side as he played with the pockets of his pants. Were all the classes going to be like this? It did not put him at ease.

He was still getting over the sudden violence when it got even worse: he heard the boom before he saw Mrs. Kilton at Alois's position, jabbing her fist into his chest. "Holy shit," Mason muttered, clutching his shirt at the sternum as he watched. If only that was the end of it. He watched with a mix of fear and admiration as the two students got the living Hell beaten out of them by the professors. He didn't think the class had been that bad, but the woman's anger seemed intensified by something. He was not going to speak up against either professor now.

Alois was pretty much down for the count, and he glanced at the other students as Mrs. Kilton got ready to face her. They were both of vampire blood, but not much, and the professor looked smaller and deceptively delicate beside the student. Mason had no doubt even the student could knock him out--she was huge and had muscles that spoke to her strength. In the back of his mind, Mason wondered if he belonged here.
MP: 95/95​

Meet the Kiltons

"I didn't expect you to be the type to concede so easily. I really hope this doesn't become a habit." Normally, Professor Lana would never let that go and try to incite a fight out of Freyja. Not out of spite but out of the desire to teach. Alas, her husband's persona and mindset does greatly influence her during the link and she ended up closing her eyes, letting out a soft sigh. The raven haired woman turned in time to see her husband being bombarded with some rather impressive bullets.

Professor Kilton hadn't really moved from his spot, not really expecting much from the bullets that were coming as he knew they were comprised of pure aether. Clearly it was a mistake as he was launched back several feet from the the 3 mana bullets that made their homes in the skin of his chest. Once the smoke settled, Professor Kilton was getting up off the floor with an aggravated groan rather than a groan of pain. Ray had caught him off guard but hadn't done any real damage thanks to the vampiric blood enhancements. Still, more than irritated, Harold was impressed. She had completely caught him by the balls on that one. "Nicely done!" He exclaimed, his original personality coming through. Clearly Professor Kilton's personality was the stronger of the two but that could be attested to the fact that Lana's beast was not a very big presence within her. Considering she was a thin blood vampire. "You completely caught me off guard kid. That was very well done."

The female professor looked at her husband curiously before shrugging her shoulders and turning to walk towards Gabriel Salazar. Professor Lana knew exactly what her partner had felt and while he was surprised, he had plenty of time to react to it. He had just chosen to not duck the bullets for a stupid reason.....or at least, stupid to her. He had wanted to give her a confidence boost due to what she had said about being afraid of people. "Such a soft-hearted idiot..." she whispered to herself.

'But I'm your idiot."

'That you are.'

Professor Lana slid into the crater created by Harold's spell and at the center was Gabriel. She simply stood there waiting for sometime. She could feel his consciousness returning thanks to Professor Kilton's magical sensitivity and with his consciousness was a massive rise in power from the pyromancer.

Several seconds passed before the boxer's body was engulfed in flames and he awoke with a primal fury. He was clearly not conscious and lost in a battle fury judging by the frightening, downright feral roar he awoke with. Unfortunately, it was cut short as Professor Lana brought down an enhanced fist to his head as he rose from his position on the ground, effectively slamming him back down into the simulated earth....and back into the world of dreams. He was going to stay unconscious this time around.

Not far off, Alois Jager was also beginning to stir to consciousness. He was apparently stronger than Lana had given him credit for. Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And then people tell me I'm too brutal with the recruits." Major Ainswurth commented as he had already made his way down from the observation room and into the simulation from the front doors, appearing soundlessly behind the crowd of students. The students parted way for him to walk through and address the two professors who promptly straightened themselves and gave a crisp salute, "Major Ainswurth sir!"

"At ease you two." A dismissive wave from the elder vampire caused the both of them to relax considerably but one could tell they were still wary of Vanilen. "So, I'll take that one to the healers and you guys can take care of this.....disgrace to the pureblooded vampires." He stated with a nudge of his foot to the awakening Alois Jager. Vanilen then proceeded to pick up the unconscious body of Gabriel Salazar before turning to the class. Crimson eyes scanned them all carefully before he spoke, "Let it be known that if I was teaching this class, you would have lost two teammates today. If you believe this was too harsh or brutal, believe me....This was merciful in comparison to what they could have done. Keep that in mind Foxtrot."
Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity Han JiHyo Han JiHyo (You guys can have the professors following and giving some advice of their own?)

Silentium stood with his back pressed against the open doorframe of the arena. His eyes pierced through the illusion magic as if it weren't even there. Waiting patiently as Vanilen scolded the recruits before lugging the unconscious kid over his shoulder and proceeding out. Silentium was a bit bulkier than Vanilen and much taller; enough to make him move to the side a bit allowing Vanilen to pass through the doorway. Silentium gave the entire class a once over, nothing of particular interest yet... before closing the door and walking alongside Van.

Their feet clunked against the floors for quite some time before Silentium spoke up.

"Gabriel can take a beating, I fear he's too headstrong to learn properly... What about you? How did you feel about the demonstration?"

His marble stone looking eyes shifted over to examine Van's. It seemed almost routine at this point. Scraping up the unconscious. Over and over, Lana put them down and they were there to pick em' up.

Blood Level: 725/725

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
Alois Jäger

It was a weird experience for Alois to be unconscious yet painfully aware of the condition his body was. Being shrouded in darkness and only fueled by some primal need to exact revenge is what brought him back to his senses. The sharp intake of air that he desperately needed resulted in a harsh throbbing in his chest and he let out a low snarl. "Damn....that hurt a lot more than I thought it would, she really went full throttle on me out of nowhere." Alois slowly made his way back to his feet while the outer edges of his vision was tinted red and he finally took notice of the metallic tang from his own face that had made its way into his mouth. As much as it pained Alois to not retaliate based on his instincts, he knew that the point of this lesson was to do nothing more than demonstrate how weak they are like spoiled children that want to save the world on their own. Alois' body yearned to tear out the professor's throat but he knew it was just the influence of the beast that wanted to run wild and drain the nearest human. He took in a very shaky breath, sheathed his blades, and dug his nails into his arms as he kept his eyes on Professor Lana. At this point his senses were immediately heightened and he was able to hear the anxious hearts pumping excitedly on the sidelines. "I'll go berserk if this continues professor Lana, I realized that you nearly sent me into cardiac arrest for what you took as disrespect. All I wanted was a partner but I didn't know it'd come with a free ass whopping. I did manage to learn the strength of a blood link so that makes you a pretty cool teacher in my eyes Prof. Lana since it's pretty hard to teach me anything " Alois had always known that his control of his own beast had always been less than desirable but he never truly understood its temptation. His dilated pupils and feral look showed that his common sense and sanity seemed to be slipping away because he didn't really want to stop himself.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Blood Level: 130/157

Frenzy Tic added

[[ ! ]]

(Thank you for staying true to your character with this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Decker

Ryan gave a tiny half smile at the praise from Professor Kilton. Her blue eyes shined with a hint of pride but were also eerily calm as she bluntly replied, "Thank you sir. You guys and the link you share are very impressive. Not many can take my bullets and get up afterward." Hoping that she wasn't reading things wrong, and the lesson was in fact done, the woman gave an awkward yet respectful bow. She had hope that the man could see she wasn't being cheeky or cocky. In her eyes, this was the proper way to show respect to someone who was obviously your better. Not only had Professor Kilton brushed off one of her strongest weapons, He had taught her something and given her a chance to show what she was made of. In just these few short moments, the small bit of respect she originally held for both of her teachers grew astronomically in size.

Quickly the white haired woman put the guns back into their holster and kind of just... stood there fiddling with her beanie. Now that combat, if you could even really call it that, had ended, she didn't know what else to say or do. Her awkward and withdrawn nature made things a bit...harder then they needed to be when it came to social situations. She looked around a bit, hoping to get a clue on what to do next.​

EWALD REINER KLEIST

Falling silent as the class – a guaranteed one-sided beatdown – officially began with Professor Lana’s temper ignited, Reiner leaned on his elbows to observe the class below. Getting to watch students getting important lessons physically drilled into them without lifting a finger himself was half the fun of not being an instructor. The first jab towards a student’s torso made him wince as he recalled he himself had been subjected to this sort of tough training during his student days. From another professor, of course, but no less brutal. As expected, two students were down for the count seconds after the Blood Link was formed, leaving the female human and the thinblood vampire. Knowing Lana’s prowess even without the Link’s enhancement, Reiner was rather curious over how well the younger vampire would hold up against an attack from the Professor, watered down as it would be.

A light crease formed between his brows as he tried to recall the names of the students in Foxtrot, or at least just the female thinblood’s. He had gone through the roster a few days before as soon as it was determined mason would be placed in this group and now he couldn’t even put a name to the face. This buff woman had an exotic-sounding name, or was it surname? Something starting with “Wy-” or “Wi-”. Either way, Reiner thought she would be one with strong potential to survive the Academy and emerge all that much stronger, doubly so when Lana praised her. The Professor wasn’t one to compliment lightly.

The show was over in less time than he estimated – he had thought the Professors would drag the lesson on just in case some students were too stubborn to see the light – and soon he was following a couple of paces behind Vanilen and Silentium as they went down to join Foxtrot. A soft laugh – near inaudible to unenhanced ears – escaped at Ainswurth’s words.

“You are brutal in your lessons, Vanilen. Not just against recruits either. Were it you instead of Lana, body bags would have been brought in.” His eyes roamed over the class, coming to a halt at the pureblood, still unconscious but slowly coming to. “Although…this one might be pushing it. If he frenzies…”

“Jäger, was it?” Reiner asked quietly as the boy climbed to his feet. The name stuck in his brain purely due to his red-alert nature. For a pureblood to have this little control over his Beast was rather dangerous. This close, the officer didn’t need to be a vampire to hear the semi-feral snarl emitting from the young pureblood as he spoke. Jäger was obviously holding the Beast back, though his body trembled ever so slightly from the effort, being so close to frenzying. A look in those lilac eyes told Reiner his rationality was still there but slipping subtly. The boy needed blood before he decided to succumb to this base instincts.

“Giving this boy blood would be paramount, Professors. Unless you do wish to send bury someone on their first day.” Reiner addressed the couple, not taking his eyes off Jäger. Not even to look away at the sound of Vanilen’s and Silentium’s departure. “Would you do it, or shall I? I don’t wish to cut short your lesson, after all.”

Cadis.Etrama.Di.Raizel.full.2077546.jpg

Blood Level: 475/475

Frenzy: 0/8

Interactions: Vanilen, Professors Lana & Kilton shadowz1995 shadowz1995 , Alois Jager Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Mentions: Silentium Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity , Freyja Wionne simj26 simj26

VREIS WHELAN

He had really been dreading the first day of school. From his knowledge – or at least according to what his friends had told him – the first day was mostly introduction to lesson plans and whatnots. So that meant sitting around in rooms with other people around his age range listening to professors talking. Good God, that sounded boring as hell. And then there was also something called an orientation, which apparently also involved sitting and listening to others talk. As he made his way out of the auditorium, he couldn’t help the annoyed grumble slipping. If this was going to continue for a day or two straight, Vreis was going to go stir crazy. Why had he enrolled in Brynwerth again? Oh right, because someone recommended it to him by waxing poetry and irritating him so much he agreed just to chase the guy out.

Well, at least the room provided was nice. Better than anything the Icelandic Academy had, that’s for sure. During downtime, he had debated on whether or not to go to class with his hammer or axe, or both. Eventually, he took Perun along, reluctantly leaving Labrys resting forlornly at the stand beside his bed. Vreis thought it would make him look strange if he carried a Warhammer on his back to the first day of class when everyone else would no doubt be lugging along their pens and books.

Which was why he was part regretful and part elated when a written note from their unknown instructor told them to assemble in the training field. Hurray to no written classes on the first day! Suck on that! Too bad he forwent bringing his lovely Labrys. She could use a nice warm-up with the other students. Especially when he quietly discovered quite a number of them didn’t like working with a partner, or didn’t seem willing to make friends. He tutted mentally and wished he could exercise his body this fine day. Unfortunately, the lesson didn’t go as he envisioned either. Not only did they gather in an empty looking building, only a few students were picked to engage the professors. The change that engulfed the interior once again showed him how well-funded Brynwerth was compared to less known and smaller Academies scattered around the world.

As he watched, his ears picked out the muttered words of a student nearby. Said male was human, slightly shorter than Vreis and less built.

“That? That isn’t creepy. Messy, maybe.” Vreis drawled, making sure to keep his tone low so as not to draw unwanted attention. Like that of the scary professors. “It’s like you humans eating a rare steak and dripping the sauce everywhere.”

Honestly, it still baffled Vreis how prejudices between humans and vampires still existed. Including prejudices between vampire kind. But then again, not many had family like his where humans and vampire interacted casually.

65953410201305231455063865339200267_002.jpg

Blood Level: -/-

Frenzy: 0/-

Interactions: Gehrman Hunter Morgrim Morgrim

Mentions: Professor Lana & Kilton, the other members of Foxtrot

f26ef9b92aea2115f46e5871d221198a.png
1498120880244.jpg

Day 1: Brutal.

Day one had already managed to make the twins cringe from the pain they shared with the unfortunate students now made as examples. Tyson winced a few times when caught the blows that were taking place. It was a little too harsh in his opinion. The students had no idea what the professors were capable of, not a single clue or hint. Not even a chance to at least mentally prepare, since any physical preparation wouldve been futile even if they had the chance. But they were at a very unfair disadvantage, up against two veterans. Suppose war and the rot are just as relentless.....

Relentless. Merciless. Those were the words the twins would use to describe their first day. Tyson kept his hands in his pockets, clicking his pen anxiously, and his head slowly shrunk into the collar of his jacket, he could feel his mana quivering at the the sheer ferocity of the duo. It scared him a little to know that all he could do was defend...for now at least. And thanked the universe for standing where he was now, and not taking the place of one of those students. He never looked away, however, this was the harsh reality. And as much as he wanted to rush in and help defend the novice students, he understood that this was an act of discipline, to teach respect among other things.

Aceline was different. She watched with out flinching, actually, she watched with admiration. The young vampire stood with her arms crossed and a fixed gaze, only moving to lift her arm and shield her eyes from the blinding light of a blaze. But quickly returned to her cross-armed stance, with back straight, and head high. She actually enjoyed the display, and really took a liking to Prof. Lana's wild strength. However she did feel sorry for Alois, not because he was getting the beating of a lifetime, which was most amusing to watch, but because who ever he gets as a partner is going to have their hands full. Or maybe not, maybe theyll be just as reckless. Which isnt any better when she thought about it. Still she couldnt help but have the memory of their Link repeating in her head. It really balanced out the couple. Lana, as hot tempered as she is, calmed down to think more clearly. The same cant be said for Prof. Kilton, he grew more aggressive and edgy. Aceline liked this Kilton. Course she couldnt help but wonder if her and her future partner would have the same outcome. Aceline knew the amount of aggression and hostility was enough for two when patronized. Either way, she wasnt sure what to expect. Too nervous to move and take actual notes, Tyson took mental note of the Link and his observation of their behaviors into account. He would save the information gathered for later. For now, he continued to watch in slight horror.

The students didnt put up much of a fight, how could they? But the display was quickly over from a single salute, "Major Ainswurth, sir!" Neither Tyson nor Aceline noticed the Major enter the room, too pre occupied with what was before them I guess. He spoke quietly to the professors and students involved in the lesson, words Tyson couldnt quite hear with the murmurs around him. He picked up an unconscious student and turned to the rest, "Let it be known that if I was teaching this class, you would have lost two teammates today. If you believe this was too harsh or brutal, believe me....This was merciful in comparison to what they could have done. Keep that in mind Foxtrot."

That was a reality check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back