• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Vampires and Hunters

Caligula

An INFP pretending to be a misanthrope.
I know people are sick of vampires, but whatever. I think there's a lot of interesting things that can be done with them.

The prefix I used obviously isn't entirely accurate, I just can't find a more fitting one. In the universe I have in mind, the vampires aren't completely framed in a supernatural way, but lean a bit more toward science fiction (though their origin isn't quite figured out yet). They're pretty much a bare-bones version of what vampires are usually like. Immortality, heightened strength/speed/healing (though not to the extreme of tossing cars and jogging to China in two days), and having to live off human blood are all the traits they have. There are no fangs or any of Dracula's cool transforming and hypnotizing powers. What they do have in common with Dracula is that they don't burn in the sun, and instead are just weaker during the day. I'd compare them to the vampires in Near Dark since I took most of my inspiration for them from that film.

The world the RP would be set in is also somewhat grounded in reality. Nothing is different from the world we live in except for the fact that vampires exist and that humans are aware of their existence. The hunters mentioned in the title are bounty hunters who make a living killing and capturing vampires and turning them into the government who are experimenting on them to find a possible cure.

I think this universe has a lot of potential for a variety of stories to be told in the setting, so expect a ton of characters from me. I'll go into more detail about the lore in PMs with anyone who's interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back