• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Vampire the Requiem 2E] Ashes, Ashes, That's All There is to Eat

"Someone was watching the apartment. Turned away when they saw me."

Alec moves away from the window and towards the door. He stands off to the side casually, hiding that he's worried about an ambush

"And here I thought tonight was going to be boring. Should we attempt to give chase or let them go for now?"

"The victim was a regular at Crossroads. He was put to his final death at approximately 9 this morning."

"They may have seen what happened if not the ones that did this. Lucretia maybe youd like to give chase? I feel a deputy of the sheriff is more capable then anyone to nab them quickly. We can set up a special spot for him here to talk to." Dante says with a devilish smile. Making his way to the window.

"I agree, but perhaps it would be best it you took at least 1 other with you. We don't want a repeat of this. One slain kindred is more than enough. We don't need more death than necessary in one night."

It's Tom that replies. "You think you can find the pebble on the beach?  They've long since washed away."

Lucretia crosses her arms.  "I agree with Tom. Did you get a good look at them?"

(2 successes did not :|  sorry.)  

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, what do you suggest, Deputies? The sheriff didnt just give you that title for your good looks now." Tones of irritation can be heard in Dante's voice.

"Maybe find out how these hunters learned that Jonas was a kindred." 

Sam steps forward.  "Yeah.  I don't think snooping around here is gonna turn up much more.  If you can find out that," he says, gesturing towatds Lucretia, "maybe you can find the fuckers."

"I suppose the best course of action at this point would be to question anyone who could have heard or noticed anything. Neighbors, staff, that sort of thing. With nothing to go on other than being a hunter, I'm afraid we have no other alternative."

"Very well then. We should begin immediately. Time stands still for no one. Though, should we ask around the building first or start at the club? Were the circumstances not so dire, I might suggest we split up. However, where there is one hunter, there are likely to be more, perhaps dozens more. We should take every precaution and avoid unnecessary risks."

"Well, we are already here. Ask the surronding neighbors as well as the one below and above the apartment. They may have heard something, as well the surronding ones may have saw someone with him or come in early that morning. It happened at 9am mortals shoulf have been up and heading to work. Anyone got a fake police ID?"

"The police should have been here already if the neighbors heard anything which the tape shows and so they took anything else. If there is a door man or security guard, we could try them. Immediate neighbors even but outside of that this area is likely to show little else. Oh and the garbage, check that. I'm in a silk suit," Karl noted as he tapped his finger tips to his chest.

"I suppose we could bother the police as well, see what evidence went in."

"I'm more than happy to poke around a night club. Do you have a solid description of your coterie mate I can ask around with? A picture would be silly with the blur." He admits with a sigh of annoyance at the one gift to vampires that could make them getting a picture quite a pain. Karl stuck to portraits usually for dramatic effect anyways.

"I can give you a description, i got an image of his face when i connected to the dead. <Insert Description here>" 

"Then we should just go to the club. He was probably there last night. We can atleast start a time frame. Of when he got home and when he was killed."

Sam takes out his phone, a notebook, and a pen.  He proceeds to copy something down, and hands Karl a piece of paper with a url on it.  "Here's a link to a picture he had made. Also, he rented this place under the name Eddie McCabb."

Lucretia speaks up. "We're gonna go find out more on our own.  Good luck."  She turns and starts walking away, the two others following. 

"Well, gentlemen, I believe we have a lead to track down. Shall we be going?"

Dante pulls a phone from his inside pocket, and presses speed dial two.

"Hey, I need a ride for myself and 3 others to The Crossroads... No, the nightclub. As well I want you to look into everything you can tell me about one of the sheriffa hounds, Jonas. Seems hes gone and gotten himself killed, find out about him and his assets so the can be repurposed."

<I have merits that allow me to call on people to do stuff for me. They usually will ask for something in return later.>

"Well, while i wait for his assets to be moved to mine the car should be arriving now. Ill decide what to do about this apartment later. Now, shall we gentlemen?"

Dante begins his stroll down the hallway to the car that is awaiting outside.

Darren adopts a leisurely pace, following behind Dante and making sure to pay attention to any significant details on his way out of the building.

3 Successes (awareness)

Karl looks on the room one more time as the others go. This place wasn't the best haven, but precautions had been taken and undone by the killer or killers. With that thought in mind, Karl heads down after the others, ready to lose himself in the night life and crowd while he hunted for a killer. Jonas must have done something to get targeted, it just wasn't clear what it was or by whom yet.

As you leave, you notice some pedestrians caning around to watch you, before shrugging and leaving.

<If everyone is done with the apartment, take a beat>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back