• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Vampire the Requiem 2E] Ashes, Ashes, That's All There is to Eat

"I assure you, discretion is my very nature." Darren says, calmly and carefully opening the door just wide enough for him to slip in.

Karl pointedly turns off his Majesty now, considering the coterie was cooperating with them.

"Did your coterie member mention any thing when you last saw him? Was he acting odd?" Karl asked while he continues to examine the room with a thoughtful expression now. This was a little unnerving considering someone obviously had wanted to kill a kindred. All he could do was check for signs and clues, considering someone knew enough to kill a vampire. That meant it was Kindred or a very knowledgeable mortal.

(Investigation: 3 Successes)

Lucretia shakes her head.  "No, he was fine, didn't seem off or anything.  Tom here listened to what went on, it seems like they took him by surprise."  She notices the confusion on your face as she says that.  "Er, she heard it from the stake, that is," she says, gesturing towards the piece of wood that Karl is holding.

Darren is now in the bedroom.  It looks fairly normal.  He does notice a faint trail, like a body was drug from the bed out into the ironically named living room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren pokes around, looking in drawers and cabinets, under furniture and peering around the floor for anything tell tale or off.

4 Investigation successes

You find no sign of a struggle. Odd.  Maybe he was in torpor when he was staked?  Heading back into the main room, you notice several areas of slightly less burnt,  looking almost like they used to lie beneath boards.  A quick look around turns up a bent nail.  You also notice several holes on the sides of th windows, like something was nailed to them.

Darren will walk back over to the trio and stand in front of them, hands clasped behind his back. "A question, if I may?" He asks.

Karl did not like this more and more, starting to get the feeling this was mortal hands at work possibly. The more worrying portion was the meticulous effort put into this killing. Even Kindred didn't put this much effort into the situation usually unless they wanted nothing to chance. Killing someone close to a Hound sounded stupid though. He muses over this quietly as he listen to the new exchange now, toying with his silk tie some now.

"Do you happen to know what was here?" He asks, pointing to the spot where the nail holes are. "It seems something is missing..."

Sam walks over to Darren and inspects the spot he indicated. "Looks like boards.  Didn't Jonas say he boarded up the windows?"  Lucretia nods.

She then turns to Alec.  "Around 9, 10 ish."

"Quite. Well, I believe we've found just about all there is to be found. No signs of a struggle, precise spot of incineration, stake. It seems likely that a hunter of one kind or another was to blame."

The sound of wood taping against floor, can be heard coming down the hall towards the door of the apartment, coming closer and closer, stopping in front of the door. A light knocking is heard, and a man in a black and white suit steps through. Carrying a cane, and sporting a greying goatee.

"May, I be of Assistance." Dante says a slightly raspy tone.

(Investigation: 2 Successes, looking more at the entrance and door way.)

"Ah, there you are. I was wondering where you'd gotten off to. We haven't found much, just the obvious facts. I assume you heard my explanation a moment ago, yes?"

"Fashionably late as always." said with a smirk on his face. "But, when it comes to the dead and dyeing, sometimes it requires a special touch." Walking by Darren, patting him on the shoulder as he makes his way to the body.

(Using Morticians Appraisal: Getting 2 Successes.)

Darren turns to the sheriff's deputy. "So, shall we compare notes? I assume you found just about exactly what I did but I'd like to make sure. maybe you missed something and I didn't, or I missed something and you didn't. It's best to get all the facts together."

I am going to check the time. Alec is looking both at his watch and out the window 

Dante notices a lack of signs of forced entry on the door, someone was either let in, picked the lock, or had a key.  Or they didn't use the door.

He leans down to inspect the ash that was Jonas. As he touches the streak, insight flashes unto his mind.  Jonas died at approximately 9 this morning; he died of exsanguination (as all kindred), and he sees his face in his mind's eye.  He looks familiar, you think you've seen him in a club called the 'Crossroads' before.

Lucretia shrugs. "You came up with about all of it.  We know for sure that a mortal killed him, they had a heartbeat."

"You heard their heart? Were they still here when you arrived?"

"Tom here listened to what went on, it seems like they took him by surprise."  She notices the confusion on your face as she says that.  "Er, she heard it from the stake, that is," she says, gesturing towards the piece of wood that Karl is holding.

"I have a strong suspicion about this... "

Alec will look across the street for suspicious characters.

2 successes 

You see someone looking up into the apartment from across the street.  As soon as you them, they turn and walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back