• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Valsena Chronicles

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt spending the night here. You wouldn't happen to have a map would you?"
Virgo nodded in agreement, offering a grin in return as well.

"Well, you're in luck! I happen to own many maps, all of which are far more helpful than just any regular ones," she giggled excitedly, hopping toward the staircase that led to her fairly large home in the midst of a multitude of strong branches. She assumed that the other two would follow suit, so she left the door open and began humming as she pranced toward the oven, turning it on to preheat.
"Luckily I saved a few baking sheets for when Mr. Michaelis pops in, he does have quite a sweet tooth. Feel free to use it, if you'd like."
Virgo placed the metal sheet on the counter next to her, keeping her back turned as she searched the cupboard for her prized maps.
"Aha! Here we are, Sacred Maps of the Obscalian Counci-"
Oh. There was no one here.

"Well, they must be on their way then..." She sighed, noting the screams of Creeps in the background, a sound she was used to by now. Somehow the sounds of screeching animals bothered her a lot less than people chattering.
Suddenly, a sound much louder than just a regular feral animal made way to her ears, sending a shock through her body.
It had broken her barrier, that was for sure, and it didn't sound terribly friendly.

"Oh dear... ohdearohdearohdear!" Virgo fretted, grabbing a satchel from her fluffy lounge chairs, stuffing in a few maps, a few potion vials, and a small brown pouch. She ran to the other side of the room, slipping into her silken shoes and throwing on a long, thin coat. Lastly, she fastened a bow across her body, rushing out of her home with a distraught expression painted across her face.
Virgo needed to reseal the barrier before anything else got in, or else it could mean big trouble for her.

In the direction of the noise she sprinted, more and more human noises made way to her ears.
"Did they have something to do with this?!"

As she finally approached the group, her panting finally gave way to the words that were stuck in her throat.
"Did you guys seriously have to ruin my barrier?"​

(Sorry for how little there is this time round. I haven't had tea yet and my brain won't function when I'm hungry aha)
  • Upon hearing the second scream, she melted back into the shadows of the trees, hoping to regain enough strength to teleport out of there. Instead, she watched as another girl, very young looking, ran past. She then noted Adelia taking off in the same direction and groaned. Do these guys have a death wish?! Nevertheless, Aida didn't fancy another run in with a band of creeps. She'd rather stay with other people, so took off towards the sound of the noise.

When they finally slowed, Aida was out of breath. "There better be enough heat if we're going to start a fight." She grumbled, mostly to herself. Not that she cared if anyone else heard. She stood upright and regarded the other people in the area.

"A.. A dragon person?!" Aida spluttered, unsure of what was going on.

Dante startled by the suddenness of another roar. He wanted to joke a bit, but he knew how serious this was. A larger Creep was approaching, it must have heard the cries of the ones Dante killed. He pointed in the direction he thought the roar was coming from as more people came in. "That one wasn't me" he said. So, as they appeared, Dante took notice to who was here. Two guys, three girls, where are they coming from. It's the middle of the woods, why are they here. Deciding he didn't like being called Mr. Dragon person, he was gonna introduce himself. "Might as well get it out of the way now, I'm Dante. Dante Wolfhart" he said. With a look around, it was noticeable that he was anxious for what was about to happen.

"Do you hear that?" Ragna spoke, referring to the screaming animal. "Sounds like something horrible is coming our way with the intent to murder us and feast on our intestines...." He paused looking around, trying to figure out where the roar came from. "Here kitty kitty kitty kitty!!" he yelled in the distance. "Come out and play ya little bastard! I got a 619.5 lb toy for ya..." he waved the huge gun around as if it was a toy, which he was offering to a child. "This thing's heavy!" he nudged it a couple of times. "It's big, bulky and inaccurate... Why did I ever wanted one in the first place..?" but of course, he could just finish up using it and then sell it in the nearby town. If there was war coming, weapons will be of high demand. But that was a matter he should save for later. There was a bigger problem for now...

Meanwhile Shin-chan was trying to introduce all. "This is Ragna, The Blood Reaper, the bounty hunter, I am his assistant, Quinglan Xiaolan... This guy here is Josh, we are currently assisting him, and I don't know who those are..." She referred to the others...
"Shhh..." Ragna hushed them. "Be vewy vewy qwuiet" he spoke like that loony tunes character. "I'm twippin duh fuck out!" he kept listening in, trying to anticipate where the creature would come from. He was paid to protect this Josh guy, and that's what he intended to do. Besides, the party was getting bigger, so that would mean his kill count would drop significantly, with others making kills in a mass fight...

Josh looked around, trying to come up with a plan before shit hit the fan. Something was coming after them. Something huge judging by the sound of the roars. Right now, there's seven people gathered together. They were in a circular area with no trees, giving them no cover if a fight broke down. Josh had no idea if the little girl or the two new girls could fight. Ragna seemed to have trouble carrying his massive gun and Dante seemed to have gotten hurt in a previous fight.

Things are not looking good right now

Should he run? What if he used his Mercury Armor and ran off? He would probably make it to Del within a day or two. But Ragna and Shin are supposed to protect him. They were just tossed into this journey a couple of hours ago. That wasn't fair to them. It also wasn't fair to any of these newcomers.

Remember your vow: I shall take responsibility for my actions

Right now, it seemed apparent to Josh that making sure his protectors and the newcomers made out of this alive was his responsibility.

Thunderous footsteps could now be heard. And they seem to be getting closer and faster.

• Aida, despite panicking internally, kept her cool on the outside. The fire they had been next to briefly had been enough to get her strength back. If all else failed, she could portal them all out of there, but she hoped it didn't come to that. There were seven of them by her count, and assumed most of them could fight based on the fact they were out there.

"It's coming from over there. I'd say less than a mile out and moving fast." Aida heard the silver haired girl next to her speak quietly, little more than a whisper. Instantly, she turned towards where Adelia had pointed to, and prepared herself for a fight. The one thing she knew she had to try and avoid was burnng the forest down. That was difficult, considering she was a fire wielder.

She looked around at the 6 with her, and tried to gauge their emotions. One of the boys looked as though he was contemplating whether to run or not, the guy with the gun looked ready for a fight. The small girl worried her, Aida being unsure of how well the could defend herself. Finally, the dragon Dante. He looked hurt, but also anxious. Aida herself, well she felt as though she were as ready as she could be. She braced herself for the fight ahead.

Suddenly, the Creep burst through the foliage in front of them, shrieking as it leaned towards them. Josh couldn't believe the size of the thing. It was at least 15 feet tall and possibly 40 feet long. It had black scales instead of green and had red scales running down its back. It had yellow eyes and rows of sharp teeth.

The beast looked at the pile of dead Creeps nearby and shrieked once more.

Holy shit! Immediately, Josh equipped his Achilles Armor, his broadsword, as well as a round white shield.

The giant Creep spun, using its massive tail to attack. Josh ran ahead, lowering his stance, and attempted to block it. That did nothing! The tail merely pushed Josh backwards before colliding with everyone!

That was not a good idea.

(Fight on, friends!)

Dante sprang to a defensive position as the gigantic Creep burst into view. He was astonished by it's size, it was nothing like he's ever seen. He was about to speak before one of the guys seemed to manifest armor from nothing and charge the Creep, only to be sent back at them. Dante stepped forward to catch him as he was hit back. Planting a foot back and preparing his arms, he was ready. The armored man slammed into him, sending him back a few feet. Dante's claws on his feet dug into the dirt as he slid.

After letting go of the man, Dante stared at the Creep. "It's bigger than me if I was in full form" he said. This was unsettling news for him, but not for anyone else, for they wouldn't know his size in full dragon form. How the hell are we gonna take this thing? Dante could go full, but he knew how quick his energy would drain. He needed to rest for a moment. Internally, he was saying Watch this as if he was about to do a trick. He then began to turn back to his human form. His wings shrinking into his back, same for his tail and snout. His scales began to do the same as they were replaced by skin. All aspects of him were back to human. Of course, like before, this took a couple of seconds. "I need a moment to rest before I can go full. I'll have to stay in this form" he said. Luckily his humanoid form was similar size compared to his human form. If not, he wouldn't have any clothes on. Let's see how confused those around him will be.

(Based on their descriptions, I'm probably going to draw these guys at the start of a fight for fun)
  • Aida was stood stunned momentarily. That was until the kid who just equipped some cool armour got shoved back at them.

"Are you kidding me?! Since when did these things exist?!" Aida shouted, partly in surprise.
    "Always I guess." Adelia had replied.
    "Don't get smart on me now!" Aida huffed, changing her position. She stood square onto the creature. "That's it you beast." She partially growled, feeling her blood start to heat up with rage. She drew from that heat, forming two large fireballs in each hand. Launching the fireballs at the beast, she danced to one side, drawing its attention for a few moments to allow for Dante to recover.

Looking at the girl she had picked up, she noticed the colossal roar had quietened and raised an eyebrow impressed. She then dodged back to avoid another strike. Seriously?! Aida then noticed that Adelia had gone into a trance and ran over to her, ready to protect her with her own life. She'd carry the damn girl out of this hell if she had to.

(Since Gegawat and Deviced haven't joined in yet, I'mma have their characters move just a bit.)

Josh slowly got up. That tail hit hard. Like really hard. Josh saw one of the new girls start start throwing fire balls before the other one went into some kind of trance. 'Jeez, talk about sleeping on the job.' Josh thought to himself. Dante seems to have shifted into his human form. Everyone else seems to have taken cover. Well, except for Ragna who's fire at the Creep's thick skin.

The Creep didn't like having fire thrown at it or being shot repeatedly. Its eyes began glowing.

'That's not good...'

"Get down!" Josh shouted. A bright yellow beam suddenly burst from the Creep's eyes. The beam missed, thank goodness, but the Creep began charging up again. Before it could fire, Josh leaped into the air towards the Creep's head. Josh slashed at the beast, creating a gash just under its right eye. Thankfully, that interrupted the charging.

"Ragna, keep it busy! Dante, get behind me! Fire girl, get your friend out of harm's way!" Josh shouted before bringing up his shield to block a slash from the Creep. "Take out its eyes! It can't shoot what it can't see!"

Dante did as the man said, stayed behind him. He knew he wouldn't be much help without a weapon and he wasn't gonna go out there and distract the beast, the whole point of him just standing there was to collect his energy. Narrowly avoiding the laser, Dante dove to the side with a roll. After returning to the armored guy, he looked around at the group. Taking notice to the girl who seemed to be a pyromancer, he smiled. "Once I'm ready I suggest you all stand back, and miss pyro, I'll need your help" he said, knowing it would be a little hectic once he went full. It would a few moments until he was up to full energy, but once he was, let's just say it's gonna be quite the party.

"You are big one, ain'cha?" Ragna looked at the creep. The thing looked like the stuff of nightmares, and its teeth were almost as sharp as Ragna's. He picked up the gun and massed up, making his muscles as hard as steel. Fortunately the meal he had earlier helped him. He ran to the side, trying to draw its attention, as suggested by Josh. He fired a couple of rounds but the creep was smart. It leaned in and out and the bullets just skimmed over its scales. "Fucking hell!" At least that was enough to get its attention.
"Yeah, that's a good bitch, come to daddy!" He kept firing and back stepping, luring the monster away from the others.

"GET SUM!!!" He kept firing, nudging the weapon in an attempt to actually do some damage. Suddenly the weapon stopped firing. Having high muscle density, Ragna didn't even notice the weight reduction from the ammo depletion. The clicks of the gun, combined with the red hot barrels meant that Ragna was not going to be able to fire anymore. "Ah... crap!" He discarded the weapon and decided to go old school - the double barreled revolver. He pulled it out from the holster on his belt, covered by the coat. "AMMO!" He yelled to let others know that he is near useless without the cannon. If it couldn't puncture the scales of the animal, what were the odds a .50 caliber revolver to do so?

(Sorry that this is short... My creativity isn't flowing well xD)
  • Aida just nodded at the instructions, running over to the silver haired girl and lifting her up. She remained in a trance, and Aida moved her to a safer spot. "If you're not gonna ask my name, just call me Sparks!" She yelled at the boys, before wheeling back around to face the beast. "Ready when you are Dante!"

She made sure to keep Adelia behind her, not wanting the girl stuck in a trance to get harmed. How long is that bloody spell?! With no way to get a message across to Adelia, she just hoped that the spell wouldn't take much longer. Whatever she's doing better be good. Aida was not happy with the girl zoning out in a huge fight. Then again, it was probably for a good reason... Right?

As everyone carried out their orders, Josh was starting to have issues. Namely, he was starting to run out of magic energy which meant that he would be pretty useless on the field. Seeing as how Dante isn't ready to fight and neither is Sparks' little friend, that was not good. Oh look, Ragna's cannon is out leaving him with 8 bloody bullets for his revolver! How wonderful! Josh needed to make the next few minutes count. Dante needs to recharge and trance-girl looks like she's about to cast a spell. Okay, that meant that he just needed to hold off the Creep until they're ready. He could do that. N-No problem!

The Creep lunged forward, towards Sparks and her friend. "Aw hell no!" he shouted, leaping in front of the Creep. Josh unequipped his Achilles Armor and equipped his Mercury Armor. He ran towards the Creep before jumping upwards, grabbing unto the beast's side. "Mutare armis veniunt: Lamina!"

Suddenly, his left arm turned into a sharp blade. Josh rammed his arm into the Creep's side causing the beast to howl in pain. His arm didn't pierce the skin but it certainly hurt it. Using the Creep's momentum, Josh swung unto its back and did what any sane person would do: Drive your arm blade into its back at full force.

The Creep wailed in pain once more before managing to shake off Josh. The young mage's armor disappeared, leaving Josh armorless and crashing into the ground. "F-Fuck. I'm out of juice!" he said, trying not to move so much. It hurt to move right now...

Great he thought. With the man in red out of ammo, one of the girls in some kind of trance mumbling, and the man who seemed to be using armor magic down, it was up to Dante and the pyro who announced themselves as Spark. Dante decided he had enough energy to do what he needed to do. Standing up, he started his transformation. He would appear the same as his former form, but larger and
quadrupedal. With his slightly elongated neck he was almost eye level with the Creep.

Charging forward, he jumped over the previously armored man, landing in front of him with a thud that shook the ground around Dante. He stood in between the Creep and the rest of the group. It was scaled giant versus scaled giant. Without looking back, he spoke to the group. "I say we end this" he said, his voice much deeper. With a slight turn of his large head, he turned back to the Creep and unleashed hell. Blasting flames into the creature's face, pushing it back away from everyone else. The reason why he would need Spark's help is what would happen around them as Dante exhaled his flames onto the Creep. Trees and shrubbery would catch fire and burn quickly, not to mention the intense heat of his flames.

(the beast has been released!)

(Switching out of tabs for now. Not enough info to warrant tabs)

Aida understood what was happening, and briefly glanced behind her at Adelia, who had freed herself from her trance and was emanating an aura. She figured out the girls power. "Cover your ears if you can!" Aida shouted. She had heard of this type of thing - of sirens. Quickly stuffing earphones into her ear to block out the sound, Aida looked to the surrounding trees. She began to concentrate her power into drawing the fire from the trees and plants, and into herself. She shaped the fire into a ball, forcing it to shrink until it extinguished itself. The heat remained with her for a bit of time, but that just allowed her to draw heat from herself without risk of harming herself.

Adelia had a glowing gold aura falling from her as she walked forwards, hoping everyone on her side had plugged their ears. She took a few small steps before lifting off of the ground, opening her mouth as she began to sing. It was a simple melody, one her mother had sang to her as a child to get her to sleep. A lullaby. It distracted the creep drawing its attention towards her. It wouldn't harm her, not so long as her Siren's Song remained in effect. This was the first time she had been able to activate Siren's Song willingly. Normally she would wake up in her form, or change halfway through a conversation and accidentally catch her friends in the thrall. Please make use of this fast, I don't know how long I can hold this. She thought to herself. Adelia was counting on Dante and Aida to make use of this and fast.

The flames hit the creep, causing everything to burn. The flames kept spreading, cutting Ragna off! (Remember, Kill it with fire) The flames engulfed Ragna. He couldn't control his density. No matter how high or low it was, he was still going to burn. So that's how he would meet his end - burned to death between two oversized lizards. But then something miracilous happened. Something Ragna didn't believe at first. As the flames were dancing around him, they seemed to be repelled by an invisible bubble around him. This is when he noticed the Chinese woman. She had her hands aimed at Ragna, forming a triangle with her thumbs and index fingers, with some blue-ish glow in it. Suddenly Ragna was pulled in her direction, and away from the flames, which were then extinguished by the other girl.

"Saved, by the Chinese bookworm with big titties..." He mumbled. "Thank you, luv!" He said to her, getting up and dusting himself off. He was now back in the fight. "It may not be as powerful as the Gau-8, but it's easier to aim." He aimed the revolver at the Creep. Dante was fighting it, preventing Ragna from having a clear shot, but luckily for Dante, Ragna never missed with this revolver. He closed his red eye, aimed and pulled the trigger. The two bullets left the barrels, orbiting one another, heading towards Dante's head. The bullets went right between the horns of the dragon and landed in the eye of the Creep, exploding on impact.
"(Insert curse in Chinese)" the girl clapped. "That was an amazing shot!" She was clearly impressed. The creep was now blind with one eye, and considering the siren song that was coming from seemingly everywhere, it should have been over in a heartbeat.

Josh groaned as he sat up. 'Note to self: Find some way to increase armor time.' he thought to himself. Josh was surprised with the scene that he's seeing right now: A dragon nearly as big as the Creep (presumably Dante) was there doing dragon-y things and breathing fire, Sparks was somehow keeping the flames from burning the forest, and Ragna pulling off an impossible shot. 'Seems like all this pain was worth it.' Josh sighed in relief.

The Creep's lost one eyes and it clearly outmatched by Dante's full dragon form. In fact, it didn't even seem to be putting up much of a fight. 'A trance spell?' he thought. Probably Sparks' friend who did that, seeing as how she's moving again. Forcing himself to stand, Josh watched the rest of the right in awe. He watched everyone move like a well-oiled machine. 'This could all work out. Maybe I Dante and the girls wouldn't mind?' he wondered.

'I feel like I'm forgetting some--- The little girl from earlier?!'

Josh stumbled around, careful to avoid any stray fire, looking for the little girl. He found her watching the fight from far away, seemingly entranced by the whole thing. Perhaps she's never seen anything like this? Doesn't matter. As long as she wasn't hurt, Josh didn't need to concern himself with her.

Moving on, Josh knew that his target would be quite troublesome to deal with. Maybe he and Ragna wouldn't be able to take him out alone? And what about that upcoming war the priest mentioned? If that was true, he'd need allies who were capable in a fight. 'And I'm looking right at them...'

With Dante holding back the Creep, the others appeared to either step back or pitch in from afar. With the gunslinger firing a bullet dangerously close to Dante's head, he ducked. Wanting to whip around and snap at him, he noticed it's impact on the Creep. Now blinded in one eye, at least the lasers wouldn't be much of a problem. He was about to strike when he heard singing. It must have been the girl who had entered a trance before. Turning his head, he was right. The Creep's attention was clearly on her. Taking this as an opportunity, he struck. Using his horns, he rammed into the Creep, taking it further into the forest. His horns had pierced the beasts skin due to the force he applied. Slamming into a tree, Dante pulled back, his horns leaving the Creep's side. It screeched in pain as they wounds would more than likely kill. Leaving it's bloodied body to rot, he returned to the group. "That went well" he said while transforming back to his humanoid dragon form. His horns were shorter now but still covered in blood. He gave what appeared to be a grin, a sharp toothed grin that could rival the red guy's.

Aida breathed a sigh of relief at the shriek from the Creep. She wasn't certain it was completely dead, but she had to believe it was. The fire from Dante and the Creep had given her back all of her energy, and more than she usually had. She could get them all out of there, if they wanted to get out of there. Although ,she could only take them back to town. Aida wished she could, but currently she couldn't portal long distances. Not with multiple people anyway. She looked over to the others, checking they were all unscathed. She then turned to Adelia.

"You know what. I'm calling you Melody." Aida broke out into a grin as she walked over to Adelia. "Go back to normal now?Or at least don't enchant us all."

Adelia looked over at Aida and smiled. She landed on the floor, and felt the Song wearing off. She stood still as her wings retracted and vanished, and the glow ebbed away. "Or you could just call me Adelia, as is my name?"Adelia suggested, walking over to the main group. "We never got to introduce ourselves. I'm Adelia."

Ragna looked at his gun. "I was wrong... Nothing beats old school!" He checked the ammo on it, reloaded the missing bullets and snapped the barrel back. "Don't worry!" He said at Dante. "I never miss..." He turned back to Shin-chan. "Explain!" He couldn't be more specific. "...with 20 words or less!"

"I have spacial magic, I can conjure protective seals and I know kung-fu!" She answered, trying to be as thorough as possible and as quick as possible. From what she knew, he had many reasons so far to shoot her.
"Well, good thing you do, you saved my ass from becoming Ragna-Roast a la Dragon" He replied to that, clearly amused by the situation. "Now, with that Laser Raptor out of the way, what's next? Nazi Vampires?" He didn't really know what to expect. This day was just too good to be true, and things were getting better by the minute.

Josh grinned when he saw the Creep die. If Sparks' friend hadn't been able to pull off that Siren's Song, things might not have ended this well. He saw that Dante had reverted back into his more humanoid-looking dragon form and that Sparks and her friend had walked over to them. "We never got to introduce ourselves. I'm Adelia." the smaller girl had said. Josh nodded, "Nice to meet you, Adelia. I'm Josh."

"Explain!" he heard Ragna say, "...with 20 words or less!'

Apparently Shin-chan can be an active combatant on the field. Wish he knew that sooner! "Sure wish you'd let us know a bit sooner, Ling-ling."

"Now, with that Laser Raptor out of the way, what's next? Nazi Vampires?" Ragna mused. Josh groaned, "Please don't jinx us. We don't need anymore trouble on our way to Del." But no more travelling tonight, of course. This whole team could use a good night's rest. 'Should I ask them to join us? No... I'll do it when we're all rested up.' Josh decided. "Does anyone know how to get to the nearest town?"

"Does anyone know how to get to the nearest town?" Josh had asked. Aida just shot him a grin.
"Allow me." Aida spoke two words before summoning a large fire, and then muttering a couple of words in Spanish. A purple coloured mist appeared in the centre of the fire, growing in size before a view of a town could be seen through it.
"It won't hurt you, go on through."

Before Adelia could offer her assistance to lead them back to town, Aida had spoken up. She looked at the portal with curiosity. She had never seen a portal in person, and was quite nervous about stepping through it with fire surrounding it. Aida's words of comfort weren't exactly comforting either. Nevertheless, Adelia made a point of being the first person to walk through the portal.

"Oh, yeah! Step into the one thing that can kill you, what can possibly go wrong!" Ragna mumbled, followed by "Why the hell not?" He picked up the large gun, and stepped into the fire, followed closely by his assistant. As soon as he stepped in, the woods disappeared, being replaced by buildings. "I'll be damned!" he exclaimed looking at all the people who were starring at him. "Hi, I'm Ragna, and for once I am not here to murder you all!" He teased the people, making them haul ass even more in an attempt to run away. "Alright, listen, Ling-Ling. You stay here, and assemble the team. First thing we need to do is find a place to spend the night and to debrief!"

"Where are you going?" She asked. "To the local gunsmith of course!" He walked in an undefined location. "Great!" The assistant exclaimed. "Now where did that girl go?" She looked around

Meanwhile, Ragna was navigating the streets, finally ending up at some gun shop in a run down alley. It was nothing to look at from the outside, but inside, it was full with all sorts of weapons. The old looking man in the end of the area was leaned over the counter with some magnifier on his left eye, trying to figure some handgun. Ragna slammed the big gun on the floor, startling the man.
"Oh shit! It's Ragna!" The man jumped from his seat, forgetting everything else he was doing, going to attend to his costumer, as if god himself went through that door.
"Hey, old man! I'm looking to sell this huge ass gun there and get me something more... usable!" Ragna went straight to the point.
"Yes, yes! I see. Gau 8, yes, yes... very good, yes yes!" The man inspected the gun. "I might be able to sell it. I will give you a good prize!"
"I don't want money, old man, I want another gun!" Ragna replied. He felt a bit annoyed at the way the man spoke, but was ready to endure it for the sake of guns.
"You want to trade? I am afraid I have nothing that would match this piece..." The man tried to explain, but Ragna interrupted him
"Then take it as a gift. I just want a weapon that I can use, that needs minimum maintenance and I wouldn't have to reload it that often..."
"Alright. I see... Yes yes.... Have you ever considered a sword?" The man asked.
"You mean I go all medieval on their asses? Never thought of that... What can you offer?" Ragna's interest was piqued.
"Ah, for you - something special!" He walked over to the wall and took a sword out of its stand. "Well?" He handed the sword to Ragna.

The sword itself was big and bulky but it wasn't difficult to use it, considering Ragna's abilities. He swung it around a bit, it was well balanced. What was interesting was the several cuts that ran across the cutting edge, as if it was not solid. Another thing was that the handle looked like a motorcycle handle. Ragna kept swinging the sword, and he noticed the strange handle, pulling the "Break". The handle extended and the sword itself curved, turning the sword into a scythe. "Now that's something" He swung the scythe a bit, it was even more comfortable, it almost felt natural! "You made this?" Ragna was impressed. "You are now my most favorite gunsmith!" he pushed the "break" again, turning the scythe back to sword.
"Here, have this!" The man handed Ragna what looked like a sheath for the sword, helping Ragna to secure it to his back.

While Ragna was having fun, Shin-chan was still waiting for the others.

Josh stepped through the portal. Once he was in, Josh saw Ragna walking away leaving an annoyed Shin-chan. She didn't seem to notice him for some reason. 'Maybe she's looking for something?' Josh guessed. Doesn't matter! First things first, Josh needed to find out where they were and how far they were from Del. 'I would assume that they libraries in this place.' Josh tapped Shin's shoulder, "I'm gonna go find a library. Meet me there once you got everyone together."

And so, he goes! Out to find a great library! 'I probably should've waited for Dante and the girls. Oh, and made sure that the little girl from before was okay.' Josh thought, 'I feel sorry for her. She was minding her own business before we dropped in.'

After a couple of minutes and a few wrong turns, Josh finally found a library. It was your typical library; large and made of stone. It had a weird obsession with pillars, having a bunch of them lined up in front of the damn thing. Josh walked up the stone steps and opened the wooden double doors.

The place reminded him of the Grand Archives back home. Only much smaller and much much darker. Josh saw that the place didn't have windows, only wisps of fire lit the place. 'Weeeird. It's almost as if these people hate sunlight or something.' Josh proceeded to walk around, looking for maps and history books regarding this area. 'People might say that phones or computers would be much faster when it comes to looking for things but I'd rather appreciate the classics.'

Unknown to him, a dark robed man eerily watched him from far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back