• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Valsena Chronicles

Dante looked at the flaming portal Sparks had made. Interesting. Teleportation through flames. He stepped through the portal and into the town, amazed at how it worked. After looking at the surrounding buildings he turned back to human. He loved the feeling of being in his dragon forms. He felt powerful, mighty, strong. In fact, it took him till now to see that he had scratches on his side from their little battle. They were bleeding a bit, but not too much. "Hmm, looks like I got scratched back there" he said. Deciding his best action would be to find a clinic of sorts, he began to walk in a direction, doing what he could to cover the wounds at the moment.

(anyone feel free to come with him. he's injured)

When Dante walked through the portal, the Chinese woman looked at him, since she didn't recognize him outside of his dragon form. She was unsure on who he was, but since he stepped through the portal, he must be part of the group. While he was looking around, she noticed he was bleeding. "Um... you are..." She pointed at his wounds. He seemed to be aware, and he was probably looking for a clinic. As one of the more refined individuals in the group, she knew how to treat wounds, but it was going to be a good idea for him to get checked, that's why she decided to suggest that. "You know, If we find a clinic or at least an apothecary, we can get this treated..." apart from being a good cook, she also knew almost all the scientific disciplines. She was not only a good assistant to Ragna, she could help support the whole group.

Josh slumped over a desk, utterly defeated. The town was known as Ecrin and was far away from their supposed destination. They would have to travel North East and it would take around five days to reach Del's borders. 'Bloody fucking hell. Talk about a detour.'
Josh despised getting sidetracked. It meant more and more work for him. Why can't anything ever happen without a single problem? Was it so hard to make this a smooth journey? No! All he had to do was---

THUD!

Josh looked at the source of the sound. The double doors of the library had been closed suddenly by a dark robed man. Deciding that it wasn't much of a problem, Josh went back to reading. Or he would have if this place wasn't so dim. 'What kind of building doesn't have fucking windows?!' The boy pulled out his trusty spellbook to look for a brightening spell. 'It should be somewhere around here... Aha! Got it!'

Cracking his knuckles, Josh then closed his eyes, ready to cast the spell. "Azara no---"

"Stop right there, child." someone said. Josh looked at the person. It was another dark robed man. "What do you think you're doing?" the man said in a raspy voice. "Sorry sir, just trying to bring in some light" he said. The man looked at him as if he'd grown as second head. "S-Some light?"

This confused Josh. "Y-Yeah. It's too dark here."

The man smiled, revealing two sharp fangs. "I think you've come to the wrong place to read, child."

Dante stopped as the Chinese woman had addressed him, taking notice to his wounds. His eyes returned to the claw marks on his side once more. Well, that's one shirt gone he thought as the blood soaked into his formerly white t-shirt. He lifted up the shirt to reveal the wounds even more. Yep, three claw marks, right down his side. "Y-Yeah, that be a good idea. Doesn't seem too serious, just a little scratch" he said. It had been a while since he's had an injury like this one, but he'd have to get used to them if he's going on this venture. As he stood there, blood now dripping onto the edge of his pants, he looked to the woman. "So, any idea where it'd be?" he said with a chuckle at the end. Dante could feel the pain setting in. His face cringed up in pain for a moment as he let down his shirt.

(Going to assume everyone's gone through the portal)
  • After waiting patiently for everyone to venture through the portal, she followed them through and the portal shut behind her. When she stepped through the other side, she realised how tired holding a portal that long had made her. Instinctively grabbing hold of the nearest pole, Aida just about managed to hold herself up. She had very little energy left in her, despite the massive fire she had absorbed. Okay, remind me not to do that again until I'm stronger... Or at least make everybody run through.

Aida didn't recognise where they were. It could have been the exhaustion, considering it looked vaguely familiar, but she wasn't certain. She waited a few moments before staggering towards a forge, figuring they'd have a fire and she might be able to get herself a weapon. Normally towns wouldn't have a forge, but for some reason this place did. Talk about old fashioned. She grinned at the thought, finding her way over. She knew how to make weapons, as well as use them, so perhaps she could offer a hand in return for a bit of rest by the fires.

Walking into the open forge, Aida knocked timidly on the door. "Hello, is anybody here?" She called out, to be greeted by a smiling man. He was quite muscular and broad, with a fair amount of facial hair.

"What can I do for ya, miss?" The man asked.
    "I wondered if I'd be able to rest here by the fire, in exchange for me lending a hand?" Aida spoke quietly, not used to this large town and not sure what the protocol was in a forge.
    "Why the fire, if you don't mind me asking?"
    "It has an unnatural ability to help me regain me energy faster."
    "Come on over. Able to work while you're resting?"
    Aida nodded in reply, wondering what she'd be working on.
    "Any good with metalworking? I've been asked for a few swords. If you make more than I need, feel free to take one with you. "
    Aida nodded again, and sat down to work.

• Josh flinched at the sight of the man's fangs. He'd had enough with this shit! He'd just fought a gigantic Creep! Fuck that shit! He ain't about to go up against another fanged opponent!

"A-Ah, I see. Well, I'll just leave then." Josh squeaked. He attempted to stand from his chair only to be forced down by the man. "H-Hey! What's your---"

The man brought out a knife from his robe, "You've seen a bit too much, I'm afraid." The man raised the knife and attempted to, ahem, stab the shit out of poor Joshua. Luckily, the boy leaned out of the way. Not-so-luckily, the momentum knocked his chair back, effectively sending Josh on his back. The man attempted to stab him again but Josh rolled out of the way.

'Nopenopenopenopenope! Psycho robed man with a knife! Fuck that shit!'

Josh hastily stood up and made a beeline for the doors. Unfortunately, the doors were blocked by more robed men. 'This is unfair! Some sick deity must be up there making a game out of my misery!'

• It wasn't long before Aida was rested, with around 10 completed swords around her. She was starting an additional one, to her liking, as the kind owner of the forge had said she could take one if she made additional. While she waited for the others to cool, she engraved the last one with an ancient phrase. Qui sceptra gestantur manu igni.... Those who wield fire wield the power. That's what mother told me when I was little.

It was a few moments later before all the swords were complete, each having an intricate pattern on the hilt. Aida set to work making sheathes for them, made of leather. She planned to embroider the sheathes with a similar pattern to that on the sword. She had just began to make these sheathes when the forge owner came over to her.

"Incredible!" He exclaimed, examining one of the swords. "Almost as though a master blacksmith had made it himself. Where did you learn?"
    "My father." Aida responded simply, still fashioning the leather and reinforcing it with a technique she had also been taught by her father.
    "In such short time too. This fills my quota perfectly. I may have to hire you." The owner teased, although being serious about the job offer.
    "Perhaps another time. I'm currently on a journey, but I may consider upon completing this journey." Ada replied to the offer, embroidering the leather sheathes with a fine gold pattern. She then gently flamed the sheath while the owner wasn't looking. It was the technique her father taught her. Lightly flaming the leather with her abilities gave it a tiny reinforcement.

"I apologise for taking up your time for so long, but I must be headed off now. My companions must be getting worried." She sheathed all of the swords, holding hers in her hand before fastening it around her belt. "Thank you so much for your hospitality sir." Aida smiled before heading out of the forge and hunting for the library. She was sure that's where she heard Josh was going.

Upon finding the library, Aida tried the door. When she found it was locked, she pounded her fists on the door. "Open up!" She called through it. "I'll give you 10 seconds to open this damn door before I force my way in!" The door being locked had her worried. Either Josh was trapped inside, or he was wandering round trying to find another way of finding their whereabouts. I hope he's wandering around this town, but I have a feeling he's not...

• Josh found himself surrounded by the dark robed men. He stood in between two bookshelves while three men blocked his way in front and four men blocked his way behind him. "Come on, fellas! Just let me go and I swear I'll pretend I didn't see anything!" he negotiated. Someone behind him growled at his words. "Oookay! I'll take that as a no."

The men began marching forward, confident that their prey could not escape them. Josh brought out his spellbook and flipped through the pages furiously. He smiled when he'd found the right spell. He brought his hand to near his mouth, he held his hand as if he was holding a ball. "Mutare Material: Inversa!" he shouted. Suddenly, a green ball of energy appeared in his hand. The ball shimmered and moved brilliantly. Josh slammed his hand into one of the bookshelves beside him.

At first, nothing happened and the men cackled. Suddenly, the wooden bookshelves rippled and warped before gnarled branches suddenly grew as if a tree had erupted in between the bookshelves. Thick branches formed a wall in front of and behind Josh, blocking the robed men. 'Okay, this shoulder buy me some time to---'

"Open up!" a muffled female voice shouted. It was Sparks! If Josh had to guess, she was right outside looking for him. "I'll give you 10 seconds to open this damn door before I force my way in!" she threatened. Josh let out a sigh of relief. He had some form of back-up just outside the door. He cracked his knuckles before equipping his Achilles Armor and an iron war axe. 'Time to kick some ass!'

(Apology for the really short post)
  • "Times up!" Aida yelled, quickly summoning and jumping through a portal to go the other side of the door. She watched as a couple of them staggered away from the fire. "So they don't like light huh?" The question was partly to Josh and partly to herself, and she grinned. She swiftly summoned a pair of fireballs and held them in front of the dark robed men.
    "So Josh, who are these people anyway?"

With everybody doing something, Shin-chan decided that she would have to get a place to stay, have diner and debrief. She walked around town, getting catcalled multiple times, but she let it slide, she wasn't minding that. What she was minding is that the same type of robbed men that followed Joshua to the library and attacked him, were following her as well. "Ah, great, just my luck... And here I was, thinking that it's gonna be Ragna who comes onto me..." She didn't want to cause a scene, of course she could have just called the man out, but sticking out like a sore thumb wasn't exactly her style, so she decided to go another way. A fight was inevitable, so the least she could do was lure them somewhere remote.

With that idea on her mind, she navigated the city till she reached a dark alley, a perfect place she could get attacked. She turned into the alley, which was a dead end, she nervously tried to look a way around, causing the man to smile.
"You can't escape, little girl... You are trapped in here with me!" His sinister tone could send chills down the spine of anyone, who wasn't Shin-Chan.
"You see, Mr. Creepy man, I am not trapped here with you!" She grabbed the bottom of her dress and flipped it over, changing her looks in an instant.
litch-intro.gif

"Come at me, BRO!" She assumed a battle stance! The man didn't flinch. Several punches later, the man was on the ground, begging for his life. "Alright, now you gonna tell me everything I need to know, or I will peel the skin off of your body like a freaking banana!" She grinned. Being around Ragna definitely had influence on her. She put one knee on his throat, and the other on his chest, threatening the man with a broken shard of glass.
"You don't scare me! I ain't talkin'!" He replied, spitting at her face.
"Good. I was sort of hoping you'd say that!" She wiped it off and jammed the glass not in his throat, but in his balls.
"FUCKING CRAZY BITCH!" The man yelled in pain. "Alright, Alright... I talk!"

She must have been close to the shop Ragna was in, because he could hear the commotion.
"Hey, old man, what's goin' on out there?" He asked.
"Probably some punks trying to rape an unfortunate soul!" The man replied as if it was nothing.
"Rape? Count me in. Let me get my raping shoes first!" He grabbed the gun off the table, sheathed the sword and went outside in the alley, and for his surprise, it was actually Shin-chan who was doing the raping. "Wait.. What the actual fuck am I seeing. Bookworm Shin-chan turned into a Hooker Shin-chan, trying cutting the balls of some random dude... Jeez, if I wasn't holding myself to that beast of a woman Seara in that whore-house at Avalon, I would fuck the crazy out of those eyes!"
The Chinese woman was startled at first, but when she saw Ragna, she relaxed. The split second of hesitation however was enough for the man to break free from her grip and stumble towards the exit of the alley.
"Nope, you are not going anywhere!" Ragna decided it was time for him to try the scythe. He pulled the sword, extended it into a scythe and threw it like a boomerang at the culprit. It ended up cutting his legs off.
"Now... where was I?" The Chinese woman walked over to the man in the robes. "Oh yes... WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!!!!???" She yelled at him like a psychotic bitch.
"Yep... That's final... I like this Shin-chan better..." Ragna retrieved his scythe, turning it back into sword and sheathing it. It was interrogation time. And there was nothing he enjoyed more than a good interrogation.

Dante had been searching for the clinic. He couldn't find it but what he did find was something interesting. He could hear familiar voices coming from inside the library, and by the looks of the door, he could sense a fight brewing. His head turned towards the library with a smile, but before he charged in he had to think. With the wounds he has sustained, should he participate in this fight or find the clinic? His mind was saying clinic but the rest of him was saying fight. With the odds being 20:1 in this debate, he hesitantly chose the fight. Hey, they're your "friends", you should probably help 'em he thought as he climbed the steps into the library. Seeing Sparks and Joshua in there he smiled. "This is gonna be fun" he said. As he went to his humanoid dragon form, the gashes were still visible through his stained shirt and black scales. Hope they don't question it he thought before entering. As he stepped through he saw a dark robbed man standing close to the doorway. Dante brought his fist back and swung full force with an audible grunt. The robbed figure was sent back a bit by the sudden force. Looking to Sparks and Josh he got a little closer to them. "Thought you two could use some help" he said, a slightly nervous tone becoming present as he feared his wounds would only worsen.

• "So Josh, who are these people anyway?" Sparks asked. "Don't know, don't care." Josh said, his voice slightly muffled by the helmet he wore. Josh swung his axe and easily chopped the branches in front of him. "All I know is that they are royally screwed right now." One of the robed men tried to jump him from behind only to be punched into one of the bookshelves.

Suddenly, one of the robed men was sent flying through the air by... Dante? "Thought you two could use some help" he said in his weird humanoid dragon form. Josh glanced at the wound on his side but decided not to mention it. 'Oh yeah, these fuckers are screwed.'

"Let's play a game, gentlemen! First person to tell us who you are will stop the vicious onslaught that will be inflicted upon all of you!'

• "All I know is they are royally screwed right now." Aida could just make out what Josh was saying.

"With us two both ready to fight, of course they are." She grinned, throwing a fireball at the feet of a pair running towards them. She chuckled as they scurried backwards. "Scared of the light. Noted." She heard the collision of a fist with a body, and then the crack of shelving breaking. "Remind me to stay on your good side." Aida smirked, turning herself round so she was back to back with Josh. This should be easier to fend off some of the attacks.

Aida heard a secondary thud, followed by a voice. "Thought you two could use some help." Her mouth widened into a terrifying grin as she began to think. Despite thinking, she managed to fend off attacks by just flicking the fire slightly towards them.

"Let's play a game, gentlemen!" She heard Josh say. "First person to tell us who you are will stop the vicious onslaught that will be inflicted upon all of you!"

"I advise listening to him. You may outnumber us, probably something like 5 to 1, but we have a dragon. I'd stay on our good side." Aida finished it off with a wink, changing the shape of her fire into two long whips. "You know, I feel like I'm scaring them with my fire... Perhaps I should stop scaring them so much and use a sword instead." Aida spoke softly to Josh. "I say that... I think I'll combine the two." She pulled the sword from its sheath and decided it was time to try a new technique. With one of the fiery whips still coiled around her right wrist, Aida infused her fire with the sword in her left hand, hoping it would work.

• Josh didn't have time to watch what his fiery ally was doing or how Dante held up with his bad wound. He had to analyze the situation. 'Okay, robed men with fangs have attacked me. Sparks and Dante show up to even the odds.' he recapped, 'The question is, who are these guys?' he thought whilst ducking under a knife slash. He used his rising momentum to land a nasty uppercut to a man's gut and then smashing his head with the flat edge of his war axe.

Another man leapt over his fallen ally's body and attempted to attack Sparks. Josh easily caught his foot and tossed him into the ground. He noticed some kind of emblem of the back of their robes. It was a 'V' with a diamond behind it. 'The logo of the Valians?' he noticed.

Josh grabbed another man who tried to run at Dante from behind. He grabbed him by the collar and lifted him off the ground. "You're with the Valians. Start. Talking." Josh didn't noticed another robed man, this one being bulkier than the rest, charge at him and Sparks.

(Reference)
    - Logo of the Valians:
    images

Unfortunately for Ragna and the Chinese woman, the man didn't spill the beans. She was too forceful in her attempt to extract information from the man, killing him in the process. Despite that, Ragna couldn't be happier. As it turns out, his partner was a perfect match for him. He opened his mouth to say something, but she stopped him.
"Call me Shin-chan... One more time!" she didn't say anything else, literally daring Ragna to disrespect her.
"I was gonna say that I dig the new outfit... And the new personality... And the big titties..." He added the last part as a tease. "Where are the others?"
"Josh went to gather intel, Dante needed medical assistance and I believe the other girl went to get weapons..." She explained, while fixing up her dress and hairstyle back to her intelligent looking self. "I haven't heard back... You think they might be in trouble?" She glanced over to the dead robed man.
"If they are in trouble, we should find out!" He checked the ammo of his guns. He didn't only get a sword-scythe out of the deal. He got a twin barreled semi-automatic pistol, modified for rapid fire, in addition to his arsenal.
"On it!" She made the triangle with her fingers, with the greenish-blueish glow again, looking for the library. "They seem to have been engaged in some sort of a conflict with men, dressed in similar manner to this creep!"
"If that's the case, we should go... I'm dying to try this thing out." Ragna placed the guns in their respective holsters.

A short run to the library and Ragna and Qinglan Xiaolan (the full name of the Chinese woman) were in front of the doors. "I figured it out..." Ragna said, pulling both his guns out.
"Hm?" The girl looked at Ragna rather confused.
"I'm calling you Ling. I still can't pronounce that!" He grinned, as he pulled both safeties on his guns.
"And here I was thinking you will say something relevant!" She traced several kanji in the air, (如 意 金 箍 棒) then hit them. They started flipping and then came together, forming a cudgel. She grabbed it in the middle, leaning it on her shoulder. "Let's finish our mission!" She said, taking point, entering first. She jumped forward, flipping her dress in midair, becoming the "sexy fighting hooker mode" as Ragna referred to it, and slammed the cudgel in the middle, sending out a shock-wave, breaking up the crowd, allowing Ragna better aiming capabilities.
"I'm gonna plow that soil so hard!" Ragna said, bursting forward and opening fire on everything that he didn't recognize as friendly. Think Reaper from Overwatch in ultimate, on steroids. "DIE DIE DIE!!!"

• Ducking attacks and retaliating was harder than Aida had anticipated. They just didn't stop coming. How many of these creeps are there anyway?! They seemed to be endless. Nevertheless, they had to keep pushing on. Aida would lash out with her whip to send them scattering back and bring up her fiery sword to parry blows.

As the bulkier man headed towards them, time seemed to slow down for Aida. Josh hadn't noticed, too busy questioning a man. She threw herself in front of him, sword up to parry the blow coming in. "Get. Away. From. My. Friend." Aida punctuated each word with a parry of the man's blow, and then a retaliating whip flying towards him. She struck the man's right side, leaving the smell of burning flesh in the air. He was strong, and hardly noticed the burn on his side. Her assault didn't back down, instead blasting a ring of fire around herself, Josh and the 2 men they faced. The others seemed to back up, hissing almost at the light from the fire.

She felt the room heating, although it didn't affect her too much. She also heard gunfire. Great, trigger happy has arrived. She turned her mind back to the current fight. "That's low, sneaking up on us." Aida held her sword out, the flames dancing off of the metal. She continued with her sword fight in the ring. Despite the other man only having a knife, he was fending off her strikes quite easily. Aida frowned, continuing her parry-strike routine, remaining in the same spot so as to protect Josh's blind spot.

• Josh held the Valian member up while chaos ensued around him. He was vaguely aware of the sound of gunfire, blades clashing, claws ripping, and brutal clubbing noises. His concentration wavered slightly and nearly caused his armor to fade. He powered through the disrupting noises and focused on the man in front of him.

The Valians are a notorious Mercenary Guild that took assassination jobs often. They're comprised of lowlife criminals and overpower their targets with sheer numbers. It's also been rumoured that they're a bunch of anti-Semitic vampires who hated bright lights. "Why are the Valians here in Ecrin? Who could you possibly be after here?" he questioned. The man simply bit Josh's wrist but it had no effect because of the armor. Josh grew impatient and threw the man into the bulky one that Sparks was fighting.

Someone was in danger. Someone pretty big judging by the number of Valians here.

Jamie casually twirled the knife between his fingers as he strolled through the forest, throwing it up and catching it effortlessly again. He was in a good mood as he had gotten a very good sleep and, well no one had tried to kill him yet. He looked up at the treetops, beams of light piercing through and lighting up the scenery around him in a sort of eerie atmosphere.

Suddenly a group of armed men ran past Jamie, a few bumping into him. Jamie managed to catch the attention of one of them and asked "what's going on?"

"We're searching for Ezekiel, have you heard of him?", he replied, "can't say I have sorry," he rubbed his stubble thoughtfully. "He's one of them darn magic folk, but gone rogue. I never liked any of them magic folk though, with their weird powers, its not right, they shouldn't be alive. If it was up to me I'd have them all killed."

Jamie raised an eyebrow quizzically at this man's very strong opinion. Jamie looked around, seeing that all the others had left, stopped twirling the knife around in his fingers. The man's eyes were drawn to the knife as it had suddenly stopped moving. As soon as Jamie noticed that the man's attention was now on the knife, he thrust it forwards and through the man's neck. There was an expression of surprise in his eyes, and a quiet gargle before he collapsed onto the ground.

After cleaning his knife on the ground, he put both hands up to his temple and furrowed his brow. The all too familiar feeling of fatigue started to set in, but as it did, his scent and hearing improved. Shaking his head clear of his power, Jamie ate a muesli bar in his back pocket to replenish the used energy. Then, he jogged after them. As he began to get closer, his regular ears started to hear screams, and the smell of freshly spilled blood invaded his nostrils.

A few armed men stood among several dead bodies, a few of them had some sort of red needles lodged into various body parts. Realizing that these people were probably out to kill this "Ezekiel" he decided that me might help this fellow, I mean he did just kill a fair few of them single handedly. Picking up a sword from one of the dead marauders, Jamie boosted his reflexes slightly, enough that he would be able to take on these men, but not too much so that he wasn't too fatigued afterwards. Jamie loved fighting, the thrill, but he hated afterwards. He was always too tired after boosting himself and required too much rest. That's why he started to learn to control what, and how much he boosted, so he didn't get as fatigued as he used to before.

"Peekaboo!" he yelled out as he leaped at the closest man. Jamie landed square on the man's back and drove his sword through him. Spinning around to face the other 2 men Jamie put on a devilish grin, "surprise!" He threw the sword at one of them, the blade passing through his neck. "Ouch, that looked like it hurt," Jamie said to the other man as he picked up another sword. "Do you want to try that too?" The man took a step back, frightened, Jamie could see it. What he couldn't see, was the man creeping up behind him. As Jamie had boosted his reflexes, but nothing else, he only had regular human hearing, and as he was so concentrated on scaring the shit out of this man, he didn't notice the man behind him, with a large wooden club.

Dante was painfully enjoying himself through all of this. He almost seemed to be throwing them around like rag dolls but really he was just hitting hard. After bashing people around and even launching one out the doorway, his side began to hurt more and more. With every move he was cringing up in pain, having to quickly react to attacks as he shook it off. It seemed that more of their allies arrived as gunfire was heard. Josh appeared to preoccupied with interrogating one of the enemies so Dante moved back towards him. Fuck, it's not feeling good Dante. Gotta slow down man he thought. His side was pulsing with pain and progressively getting worse as he moved. One of the enemies had charged at Dante but was stopped by a hand to the throat. He had the man up of the ground for a moment before slamming him into the floor. Then it hit. That did it for him. His hand went to his wounds as they felt like salt was being dumped on them but even worse. With energy diminishing and the injury not helping, he returned to human form. "Fuck!" he shouted as more of the enemies moved in.

Ling slammed the cudgel in the ground, and it stood erect, with the Chinese Woman jumping on top of it. She reached down with her leg, and hooked one of them robed vampire assassins, throwing him up in the air. She then did a backflip, grabbing the cudgel with her hands, and grabbing the vampire with her feet, flipping around the cudgel, essentially pole-dance-fighting. She did a couple of spins, releasing the vampire, throwing him in random direction with a lot of force. While dance-fighting she noticed Dante cringe in pain. "RAGNA!" She yelled!

Ragna looked in her direction, pocketing the guns, drawing the sword, turning it into a scythe mid-draw. He flipped at the charging men, more blocking them, than fighting them. Ling kicked off from the cudgel straight to Dante's location, grabbing him and taking him out of dodge. "Don't move!" She said, while lifting his shirt. She did some movements again, drawing some Kanji again, then slamming them with her hand. The kanji went into her and changed her features. Her hands and legs got covered with scales, like snake, and her eyes changed into snake eyes. "Ssssstand ssssstill!" she hissed at him, placing her hands on the wounds. The hands started glowing in purple, starting to close the wounds. The process was very slow, which was putting them in danger. Good thing Ragna took defensive stance protecting them from possible incomings.

• Josh was exhausted. Having to pull up armors four times in the past 24 hours could take a toll on any Armor Mage. His armor shimmered for a second but it held up. 'No. Not right now. I can keep going.' he thought through all the exhaustion he was feeling. Josh looked around; Sparks was locked in a stalemate against a bulky fellow, Ragna and Shin were doing a weird fighting thing, and Dante was hurt.

One of the Valians stood over Dante, ready to stab him. Josh shoulder tackled him and stood to protect Dante. "Everyone! We need to pull back!" he shouted over the chaos. More and more Valians were coming. Hopefully, this would've scared off their target

Dante was surprised by this woman. As she had pulled him away from the conflict and preformed so sort of spell to heal him. He was amazed by what she had done. She appeared to become more reptilian as a purple light emitted from her hands. He gave her a nod of thanks as she continued to heal him. Joshua caught him by surprise as he came in to take out an enemy that loomed above him. Dante didn't agree with Josh. They shouldn't retreat, they should take them out. He had a makeshift plan made. "No! Once I'm healed I'll give these bastards a little gift if you know what I mean" he said. What he planned to do was once he was healed he would douse these "things" with flames and with the help of Sparks once more, the flames would not engulf the building. A simple area of denial plan.

Jamie cracked up laughing as he turned to see the man behind him get impaled in the eye. "Bullseye!" He laughed, "that's fucking gold" he casual thrust the blade through the other man, who before having a steel blade shoved through his face, was dumbfounded by the whole situation. He collapsed to the ground, instantly killed.

"You must be that Emeris? Emankel? That fucking what's his name, baddie dude everyone's trying to kill?" Jamie rubbed his brow trying to remember the man's name. He didn't seem in the most for jokes though, the wound looked quite severe.

Pulling out an energy bar from his pocket Jamie pointed at the wound. "You should probably get that checked out, looks disgusting man," he said in between chews. Looking around at the dozens of dead men reminded Jamie of the feat that this injured man had performed. "So like what's the deal with your magical powers? You some sort of fucking ice queen?" Jamie did a little twirl "let it goooo" he started to sing, cracking up at his own joke. He then pointed at the girl beside him, sprouting wings and with white eyes. "And who's this crazy girl, some sort of guardian Angel?" He finished the bar as he said this, putting the wrapper back into his pocket.

• Josh didn't like the idea. If he went full-on dragon mode or tried to recreate what he and Sparks did with the Creep, then that drew more attention to them. Last thing they needed right now was the Valians coming for them. But then again, maybe Dante had a point? By dealing with the Valians now, they'd be lessening their numbers and saving potential targets. Josh sighed before nodding.

His armor shimmered once more before settling. 'I don't have much left in the tank. They'd better do their plan soon.' he thought. For now, he'd have to protect Dante. Josh briefly looked in Sparks' direction and saw her having slight difficulty with the bulky man. "Hey, Dante. I'm gonna give Sparks a hand. Try not to die, alright?" he said before running towards his fiery friend.

"Alright Elsa" Jamie picked up another sword and spun it around in his hand trying to look as badass as possible. With his second hand he checked his other pockets for more sources of artificial energy. He had a few more energy bars left and a few pills for extra dire circumstances. He grinned, realizing he could use his powers to impress his newfound companion. He winked at Ezekiel and dropped the sword, letting out an overly dramatic roar and charged into the middle of the marauders.

The one at the front thrust his sword at Jamie, which he effortlessly dodged. Ducking underneath the thrust he lifted him up from the waist and slung him into another of the bandits. Jamie ducked under another crudely thrown sword slash, kicking out the attacker's feet from under him. With inhuman speed Jamie placed the attacker's own sword underneath him, causing him to fall onto his own sword and impale himself. Letting out a devilish chuckle Jamie looked back at the other two, winking at them. Another pursuer took Jamie's taunting as an advantage and thrust his sword deep into his back. But as Jamie was fully hyped up in the thrill of combat, in his fully boosted form the sword barely injured him. Jamie reached his hands back over his own head, grabbing the head of the bewildered man who had just stabbed him moments before. Grunting, he lifted him up and over his head, slamming him onto the ground in front of him. Placing his foot on the man's head he slowly removed the sword from his own back and examined it before looking into the marauder's eyes. "Now let's see how you like it huh?" He slammed the sword down into the man's back.

After this particular act, Jamie turned around to the other thugs who looked terrified at the way Jamie enjoyed killing their companion. "RUN!" He shouted, instantly causing the remaining few to turn and flee, causing Jamie to cackle and lift up a branch from the forest floor and throw it, like a javelin, straight through the back of one of fleeing thugs, impaling him to a tree.

Panting, Jamie fell to one knee and took out one of the white pills in his back pocket. Swallowing it he clicked his neck and let out a loud yell before standing up and running his fingers through his hair before returning back to the other two. He did an over exaggerated bow and tipped a fake hot. "And how did you two enjoy the pleasant show" he grinned devilishly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back