• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Valsena Chronicles

This is it, ladies and gents! The grand tale of Valsena!

*Interested in joining? Come on in! We're always looking for more peeps to join!
Send me a message so that we could talk!
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/valsena-chronicles-character-sign-up.324150/

Rules:
- Please try to avoid any world-breaking characters! If you're not sure with your character's powers, you can ask me anytime!
- Anyone can join! It would be nice if you would send me a little heads up beforehand so that I could get you up to speed.
- Swearing is allowed. Just avoid letting the swearing get too out of hand, please.
- Please try to post with more than just one sentence!
- Have fun y'all! Let's all get along and do this!

Roster:
- Joshua (Me)
- Ragna (Gegawat)
- Virgo (Deviced)
- Adia (Kaera)
- Adelia (Kaera)
- Dante (WolfSpirit)

Last edited:
(Let's get this party started!)

Looking back on his journey so far, things...could have gone better for Joshua.

'Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!'

Maybe instead of falling off a cliff in the first ten minutes of his journey, he could've walked through the forest without any trouble. Maybe instead of landing on a nest of angry Dyna Birds, he could've landed on a nice cushy pillow. Maybe instead of failing to scare off the angry birds, he'd succeeded and walked away with minimal injuries. Why, oh why did he have to run into Dyna Birds?! What were Dyna Birds? Vulture sized birds with red feathers and could shoot lightning.

'Runrunrunrunrunrurnrun!'

Josh, wearing his Mercury Armor, ran as fast as he could whilst leaping over bushes and sidestepping trees. Please bare in mind, Josh didn't have the stamina of an Olympic runner; nor did he have that of a casual park jogger. Hell, he could barely last five minutes in sparring sessions. Josh was aware that once he ran out of magical energy, his armor would disappear and once his armor disappears... things would not end well for him.

'Move faster, legs!'

Josh stole a quick look behind him and saw that the three birds haven't given up on chasing him. In fact, they were catching up. Fast. 'Death by birds. Fucking great, eh?' he thought, 'What else could possibly go wrong?!' As if the universe itself heard his thoughts and decided to mess things up even more, a bolt of lightning whizzed past his head. The Dyna Birds suddenly began to spark and quiver, unleashing more lightning bolts in Josh's direction.

'Aw, son of a-'

Suddenly, Josh's legs stopped moving and his body flew forwards. He tried to brace himself by putting his arms forward but that didn't do anything to help his landing. 'Go on a year long journey, they said. It's so you could be knighted, they said. The Council can go fuck itself...' Josh thought. The Dyna Birds began cawing in triumph. Their prey had finally been caught! Josh made no effort to get up. He knew that he had nothing left in the tank and that trying to fight in this condition would not end well for him.

'I sure wish, by some sweet stroke of luck, someone would burst through those bushes and help me out.' he thought to himself. The Dyna Birds had arrived and loomed over Josh's head. The young mages sheepishly chuckled as the predators moved in for the kill.

(Mind helping a poor guy out?)

TAP.... TAP.... TAP... The wooden heels of the shoes Ragna was wearing echoed through the dark hospital. The hallways were filled with bloody traces of corpses being dragged. He reached for his pistol, making sure the double barreled revolver was there. There was no sign of either corpses or the murderer. He took several whiffs. The air smelled of... hypocrisy?

"What's that? It suddenly reeks of hypocrisy in here!" He turned around to face a man, that had a long coat, (think the black Nazi uniform from WWII), with insignias that indicated either police or military. Ragna eyed the man, as it piqued his interest. "What are you supposed to be? Catholic priest? Nah, can't be, there's no 8 year old boy glued to your crotch..." Ragna teased the man, reaching for his gun.

"You are a hard man to find, Ragna!" The man said. "Figured scum like you would be in a dump like this!" The man replied to Ragna's insult with another one. He never said a reason to look for him in the first place, causing Ragna to become suspicious.

"What do you want anyway? No children here, but I can point you in the direction of the nearest elementary school, it's on the corner of "Fuck off" Street and "Or I'll blow your brains out" Boulevard." Ragna waved his gun around.

"Go ahead, shoot!" he didn't seem phased by the man with a gun and crazy flicker in the eyes. "Shoot, and you will lose the opportunity to earn some money!"

"You had my interest, but now you have my attention!" Ragna replied. "With 20 words or less!"

"Alright. There is a war coming, We are gathering exceptional individuals like yourself to join a special force. Interested?" The man quickly informed Ragna of his purpose here.

"17 words. You have 3 more!" He aimed the gun at the person's head.

"Generous monetary compensation" The man finished of his limit of 20 words, causing Ragna to put his gun away.

"I'm gonna need a few things before I say yes!" Ragna replied.

"Name it!" The man seemed ready.

"First off, I want a new gun... Get me a cannon! Bitches Love cannons. Also speaking of bitches, I want a big titty assistant, who will keep track of my kill count..."

"I'm certain we can think of something!" The man was taking notes... "If you are quite finished, we should be on our way... There are others in need of... assistance..." The man clapped his hands and suddenly him and Ragna were somewhere else...

"Oh goodie!" Ragna yelled. "I like going on enthusiastic walks through the woods!" He exclaimed, when some commotion caught his attention. Some angry birds, shooting lightnings from their eyes. Ragna pulled his gun out. "VERY... Enthusiastic walks!"

BANG! The gunshot echoed through the forest, causing feathers and blood to fill the air. The loud explosion, the carcass of one of the birds and its guts spilling was supposed to scare the other birds away, but just in case, Ragna fired a couple of more volleys at them, making sure nothing else survives. "Ok, why did you bring me here?" Ragna looked around, but the man was nowhere in sight... "Ah, great..."

As Josh closed his eyes and accepted his faith, gunshots suddenly rang out. He opened his eyes and saw the gruesome scene before him. The once strong and healthy bodies of the Dyna Birds were reduced to red mush. Blood coated his torso and legs. Bird guts littered all around him. Standing above all the chaos was a man looking particularly annoyed at something. The stranger locked eyes with Josh.

The young mage shivered. The stranger's eyes were... weird. One eye was red and the other was green. The man probably found the look on his face to be amusing. Why? Because he smiled. His teeth were... Let's just say that Josh had nightmares about the man's smile for the next few days.

"H-Holy shit..." Josh muttered, slowly standing up.

"You're fucking welcome, by the way."

"S-Sorry. Thanks for... whatever that was."

The man grunted and sized him up. "You're Varkan." the man said. "Huh? O-Oh, yeah." Josh showed the back of his hand to reveal the Mark of the Varkan Council of Magic.

"I'm on my year long--"

"Yeah, yeah, sounds nice, kid." the man interrupted. "Listen, you seen any pedophilic douchebags around here? Maybe like 'yehy' high with a need for young Catholic boys?"

Josh raised an eyebrow before slowly shaking his head. The man's face soured a little. "Didn't think so, seeing as how you were getting gangbanged by some fucking birds a moment ago."

Josh had decided not to like this guy. But maybe it wouldn't be all that smart to piss him off any further than he already is? Yeah, it probably wouldn't. "Y-Yeah... Uh, look, thanks for the save back there but I really need to be going soon." Josh said, slowly backing away.

(REFERENCES:
- Mercury Armor: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...Chariot.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140918105004

Last edited:
Ragna looked at the kid, now confused. "Did that just happen, or did I just imagine this conversation?" Ragna thought, but those thoughts were pushed back by others, more pressing ones. "Wait, where in the blood soaked Protestant hell am I?" His second question remained unanswered as the next one resurfaced. "And where is that rapey catholic priest looking motherfucker? He owes me a cannon and a slutty assistant!"

Ragna's question was going to be answered sooner than he expected, as the Catholic Priest looking guy came back, bringing a large caliber Gatling gun and a rather attractive female companion, dressed in a Chinese Dress, unbuttoned at the top. The girl had dark hair, tied into a long ponytail, that went all the way down to her ankles. She was wearing reading glasses, giving her a rather refined look. Of course, she also fit Ragna's requirements for possessing large female endowments.

"Dayum!" Ragna exclaimed after seeing both. "You sure deliver fast!" He took a liking to the gun. It was twice the size of a human, but for somebody with Ragna's abilities it won't be hard to use and carry. He then looked at the girl. "To be honest, I was having doubts, but you sure exceeded my expectation. Too bad she looks like a nerd at a Halloween party, but..." He was interrupted by the girl, who frowned and her eyes turned red.
"Strong words, coming from an Ozzie Osborn looking motherfucker!" She replied to Ragna's remark about her looks.
"I take that back. She has just the right amount of crazy." He nodded looking at the girl. He then switched his attention back to the Priest. "So, now that I'm all set, What's my mission, Papist?"
"You are to protect this adventurer, until further notice!" He pointed at the kid, who had a mix of confused and scared look on his face.
"That it?" Ragna raised an eyebrow, but his question remained unanswered, as the priest disappeared again. "Great!" He turned to the kid. "I guess that rapey priest has his eyes on you, so I guess I will be stuck with your ass for a while."
"My name is Quinglan Xiaolan!" The woman introduced herself.
How the fuck do you pronounce this? Honestly, even Chinese people probably have issues pronouncing this. The name probably confused the kid even more, but Ragna wasn't having any of this.
"Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call you Shin-chan!" (For reference, that retarded looking Japanese animation) Ragna didn't like complex names. That's why he called himself Ragna in the first place. "And I am..." He was interrupted again by the girl
"Ragna, the Blood Reaper. A bounty hunter, gliding through oceans of blood, earning that nickname. Beyond human, a creature whose mind drifts into darkness, that casts shadow over darkness itself!" She seemed to have been fully briefed for Ragna's humble persona.
"Oh, look, Shin-chan, so much brown on your nose!" Ragna replied, causing the girl to touch her nose nervously. "Flattery won't change my outlook on you, bookworm. Now, let's get out of here before more creatures, like Laser Raptors arrive!" Of course, he was just joking, there was no way he knew if a Raptor that could shoot lasers out of their eyes ever existed.

Josh groaned into his hands. He was supposed to do this journey alone and now here he was; stuck with a crazy dude with a knack for guns and some weird lady who came out of nowhere! All because some creepy priest decided that he needed protection. From what? The hordes of monsters that roamed Valsena? Some shady looking bandits? But then again, he was nearly killed by Dyna Birds just a moment ago. Maybe this arrangement could work?

Josh helplessly watched as Ragna and Quing-shamalamadindong walked ahead of him, both seemed to be in a pretty 'colorful' conversation. If they were supposed to look after him, then why are they going on without him? They didn't even bother asking his name! What kind of people do that?! Regardless, Josh followed suit.

As time went by, Josh listened to every gripe that Ragna had. From Shin-chan being a total bitch (she kinda was) to his feelings regarding the pack of wolves that made the mistake of crossing him just a few moments ago. He was pretty sure he was gonna go insane. 'This is just great. From fucking birds to two crazy bastards hoarding the monster slaying,' he thought, 'What a great time!'

Now, the ragtag team silently walked through the forest. The sky was dark and the stars were twinkling brightly. They should be near the Delian border by tomorrow. Josh liked this. No monsters, no more of Ragna's ramblings, and no sound of Shin's bitchy voice. Things are going great!

"We should stop here for tonight. Wouldn't want to get stuck in a fight in the dark." said Josh. Ragna merely scoffed at the statement, "What? Afraid of the dark, kid?"

"Nope, just trying not to screw things up again. It'd be pointless to continue on if we can't even see the path."

Luckily, Ragna didn't say anything else. Josh didn't want to piss off the man, especially seeing what he could do with just his revolver. Hell, Josh hadn't even seen the man use his powers. If he could easily murder monsters with just a revolver, then what could he do with his powers? 'He probably devours his victims with a single bite. Then obscenely complain about the taste afterwards.'

(Shall we slay some raptors?)

(lul, you guessed it. But you missed something. Here it is)

As they were walking, the trio was conversing on the pleasures in life. In Ragna's case, murdering.
"So what it is that you do actually?" The question was only logical.
"Well, basically kill people, get money." He replied. "But if you want me to get into detail, I only kill things, that have it coming. You know, bad people and creatures."
"How did you end up in this situation?" The next question was also logical.
"Well, I was out in a creepy hospital, hunting vampires, werewolves and leprechauns... I've never found any leprechauns before, do you think if I shoot one with my gun lucky charms would explode everywhere?" Ragna seemed to have a screw lose in his head... or a couple... Definitely a couple of dozens.

It was getting dark, so their "client" decided it was time for a camp.

"Oh, so we set up camp fire, tell ghost stories and roast some marshmallows?" Ragna mockingly said. However his stomach seemed to like the idea. "Ah, crap... I'm getting hungry... You won't like me when I'm hungry!" (Hulk reference?)
"I didn't like you much anyway!" The woman said. "But since I am here, I can cook something for you. I'll go collect some herbs, you catch something to eat."
"Yes, MOM!" Ragna said, slamming his heavy gun on the ground, disappearing into the bushes. It took him a while to come back, but when he did, he was carrying a couple of birds. "I caught those, but we need to pluck them!" He sat on one stone and started pulling the feathers, removing them from the bird's carcass. "What the pluck?"

Soon the girl came back with the herbs, and when the birds were plucked and gutted, she started to roast them over the fire. The pleasant aroma of roasted chicken with spices filled the air, filling the lungs of not only the trio of adventurers, but also potential predators.

(your turn)

("That's my secret, Agent Romanov. I'm always HUNGRY")

"So... As I'm roasting dinner, let's hear some stories?"` Shin suggested, slowly turning the spit-roasted bird, "How 'bout you kid?"

What's this? An opportunity to get these jackasses to see the Magnificent Joshua in a different light?

"First of all, my name is Joshua. Second, I'm not a kid! I'm sixteen," Josh said, "Technically NOT a child!"
"Ever gotten laid yet?"
"N-No..."
"You ARE technically a child. Doesn't count if you haven't done it yet."
"That's a complete load of bull."

Ragna sniggered as he cleaned his gun, revealing his creepy ass teeth. 'Yep. Definitely gonna have nightmares tonight' Josh cleared his throat and proceeded to tell his story. "So, anyway---"

Josh was interrupted by a sudden low growl coming from some nearby bushes. "Aw hell!"

A pair of glowing yellow eyes peeked out of the bush, followed by three more right beside it. "Fucking hell, Shin-chan! The goddamn bird's bringing unwanted attention!" yelled Ragna, drawing his revolver. "Oh, like I had any idea that that would happen! Just keep 'em away from our dinner!"

A reptilian body burst from the bush and slammed into Shin. The beast looked at the roasting bird, its mouth watering from the mere sight. BAM! Unfortunately it didn't get a chance to sink its teeth into it as Ragna shot it in the head, splattering the roast bird with blood. "I said, YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M HUNGRY!"

Seeing one of their kind lose its head didn't sit kindly with the other three. Two more reptilian beasts leaped from the bush, shrieking right in Josh's face. "Aw shit! They're Creeps!" Josh yelled. One Creep lunged at Josh who rolled to the side. Ragna punched the other Creep in the face. "They can shoot laser from their eyes and turn invisible!"

Josh muttered at quick spell and was enveloped in a bright light. When the light dissipated, Josh stood wearing the Achilles Armor. Ragna saw this and looked very confused. The red-clad bounty hunter shook his head before proceeding to fire at the Creep's thick skin. Josh extended his right hand, a broadsword suddenly appearing out of nowhere in his grasp.

One Creep leaped at Josh, immediately getting cut in half. The other Creep barely had time to register what happened before losing its head in a single swipe. "You can fucking transform into a fucking knight?!" Ragna exclaimed, blasting the final Creep's head into smithereens.

Josh was once again enveloped by a bright light, the armor disappearing along with the light. The young mage knight smirked, "Well if you just let me talk for once, I could've let you guys know."

(Wait, does Shin-chan fight? I didn't know so I didn't let her fight.)

(She shouldn't fight... for now... She is a supporting character, you know, the one that cooks, takes care of injuries, carries knowledge, and of course, keeps Ragna's Kill count.)

The nice conversation they were having while waiting for their meal to finish cooking was interrupted by wild animals, which quickly turned into deserts. Ragna sat back down, inspecting his weapon. "Shit... I'm down to only 8 bullets. I guess next time we are attacked, I would have to use the big gun..." He clicked the barrel back into the handgun. "Now, where were we... Ah, yeh..." He turned to the female companion. "Ling-Ling, be a dear and let the boy grope you, so he can become a man!"

Ragna's tease was met by another frown by the Chinese woman. "Fuck you, Ragna!"

"Oh, with pleasure, but I prefer to eat first, I can't do things like this on empty stomach." And that's how Ragna just showed the world how insults work. "Now let's get serious. I see a whole lot of magic from you!" His voice, his tone, everything changed, the man was now more serious. "I have high respect on people who chose hand-to-hand combat in this day and age."

He poked the fire, making it burn a bit hotter, so the meal cooks. "Seriously now, where did you learn to fight like that? And those armors, one does not simply get out of a woman's snatch knowing how to wield a sword and magic." He turned to the woman. "No offense..."

She didn't dare to say another word. Ragna was a hard man to talk to. She just checked the dinner, which was almost ready. "So, we have the food, we now need a story." She looked at the young man sitting across.

"Well, where do I start..?" The boy wondered. (This is your queue)

"Well, where do I start..?" The boy wondered. "I'm a Varkan. Most people who come from Varka are naturally born with magical prowess. At a young age, we're supposed to pick a specific classification of magic as our main class. And I chose Armor Magic." As another demonstration, Josh equipped another set of armor; this one having a helmet with the antlers of a deer and a cloak of deer hide. "See? The sword skills come with the armor training."

Ragna nodded, eerily calm as Josh explained. "So, what's a fancy armor wearing mage doing out here? What'd ol' pedo priest want with you?" The boy shrugged. "Never seen him before."

"Maybe he's with the Varkan Council? Making sure you're okay?" said their buxom companion. Ragna narrowed his eyes at her, "Get back to roasting. I'm starving over here!" "Fine! Fine!"

Josh thought about it before shaking his head. "The Council isn't allowed to interfere on a student's journey. I'm supposed to do this without any help from them." Josh was once again engulfed in bright light as his armor disappeared. "Oh, I can only hold my armor for a few minutes before it disappears." Ragna nodded again, still quiet. "That explains that thing with the birds earlier." This drew Shin-chan's attention. "Wait, what?"

"N-Nothing!" Josh blurted out, "He meant nothing by that!" Ragna laughed loudly at Josh's embarrassment. No one must ever know about that incident. NO ONE. "Anyway, since you two are supposed to follow me around until creepy priest guy gives you your pay, I thought it would be best to tell you guys my goal." His two companions nodded, Ragna once again eerily quiet.

"There's been an incident in a Mercenary Guild over in Del, which is where we're headed. A high-ranking Mercenary working for a guild named 'Salvation' has gone AWOL. He's causing havoc all over the country ever since." Josh said. "My current mission is find the bastard and take him out. Once that's done, I'm to receive another task by the Council."

(REFERENCES:
- Lord of the Forest Armor:
4789c3fb2920132ef039ce6a888d67d9.jpg
- Achilles Armor:
4e3793af89513fd9ecac9a66.jpg

Virgo was not a fan of noise. In fact, she quite loathed it, seeing as that was the main reason she became a recluse in a deserted forest in the first place. And you would think, after all the trouble she went through to convince Shandra and Michaelis to let her relocate, to build the small sheltered treehouse by herself, to forge relationships and territory boundaries with the animals... she would get at least the smallest bit of peace and quiet. But it seemed that serenity was not in the cards for her.

"Lord give me strength."

The tiny girl, dressed in a sheer nighttime tunic with her hair loosely plaited to rest on each shoulder, stomped her way down the vine staircase she had crafted with her abilities a few days ago. Virgo's shoulders were wound so tightly they came up to her neck, small fists clenched in blazing anger as she approached the obstreperous bunch that seemed to have set up camp on her front lawn.
"Ahem!" the ferocious female squeaked, crossing her twig-like arms in an attempt to come off as at least slightly threatening.

"I'll have you know, this property is private! And to be burning a fire of such size with no immediate access to an extinguishing agent is unsafe and in violation of Azcrystian law!"

Three heads turned her way, and although she couldn't make out their faces, Virgo could only assume that scoffs stuffed their throats and amused expressions graced their features. At least, that was the usual sort of look she got-- other times it was an outright belly-laugh and a condescending pat on the head. But those who doubted her only got what they deserved; a serious talking to as well as some lessons on etiquette. Oh, and of course, forgiveness. What was Virgo without sympathy?

The petite girl's gaze fell onto the only other female specimen in the vicinity, with long pretty hair and a rather large, erm, bust. It only reminded Virgo of the endowments she more than lacked, so in a flustered hurry, her eyes darted onto the two other men. One certainly looked friendlier than the other just by the way they held themselves, but she refused to show any glint of emotion toward either as she shook her head and sighed in exhaustion. Directing her view back onto the woman, she tilted her head in questioning.
"Miss, are you their leader?"

(( The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses Gegawat Gegawat ))
((Sorry for the late reply, I have been so incredibly busy lately, plus the slowest WiFi ever. Anyways, hopefully this is still going ^^))​

Josh stared at the little girl in confusion. Where'd she even come from? They were pretty sure that no one else was around but... clearly, they were mistaken. "U-Uh..."

"I'll have you know, this property is private! And to be burning a fire of such size with no immediate access to an extinguishing agent is unsafe and in violation of Azcrystian law!" the girl yelled.

'Azcrystian? I thought we were near Del? Shit! Are we heading the wrong way?'

The possibility of such an event blew Josh's mind. He hadn't even thought of that. That explains the appearance of the Creeps and Dyna Birds! Those creatures weren't anywhere in Del. How could this had happened?! What about the mission?! His target could be gone by the time that they reached Del! Josh stood motionless, his face crunched up in bewilderment.

"Miss, are you their leader?"

Josh looked over to his right, looking just as surprised as Shin. T-This little thought that Shin-chan was their leader? Oh, he could imagine that things that Ragna might say. Before his scary ass bodyguard could speak, Josh stepped forward, accidentally stepping on Creep blood. "A-Actually... I'm the one calling the shots."

The girl set her eyes on him. Josh could only give a sheepish smile and said, "S-Sorry about the whole mess. We didn't think that anyone lived here."

( Deviced Deviced It's about time! I was wondering what happened to you!)

"There's been an incident in a Mercenary Guild over in Del, which is where we're headed. A high-ranking Mercenary working for a guild named 'Salvation' has gone AWOL. He's causing havoc all over the country ever since." Josh said. "My current mission is find the bastard and take him out. Once that's done, I'm to receive another task by the Council." The boy explained. Actually this explanation was more than helpful. Those kinds of targets were the ones that Ragna was usually after - people, who were too dangerous to be dealt with by the authorities. People, with prizes on their heads.

"That explains why you are here!" The Chinese woman added, aiming her comment at Ragna. And she was right. "But that doesn't..." She was interrupted by a little girl, or that's how she appeared at least.
"I'll have you know, this property is private! And to be burning a fire of such size with no immediate access to an extinguishing agent is unsafe and in violation of Azcrystian law!" the girl said, eyeing each and every member.
"Wait... I thought you just said we were heading towards Del?" She aimed her question at the boy, who, coincidentally, was thinking the exact same thing, considering his concerned expression.
"Miss, are you their leader?" The question caught her off guard, causing her to raise an eyebrow. She was actually an assistant to the bodyguard, which meant she was the lowest in the hierarchy!
"Oh, Sweet Bla...." Ragna tried to exclaim, but Shin-chan placed her hand over his mouth, stopping the possible waterfall of profanities aimed at the girl... Good thing the boy butted in. She released Ragna's mouth, who now looked like he had calmed down. Instead he leaned over her, and whispered in her ear.
"Interrupt me again, and I will... (Warning, vomit and possible chuckle inducing! Consider yourself warned, if you keep reading you do on your own discretion and I am not responsible for any possible triggers!!!) ...kill you, skull-fuck your corpse, then I will keep shooting your dead body, making more holes to fuck!" he then lit up, smiling as if he said a joke. "Alright?"
The pale expression on the girl, followed by the gulp, meant that she got it.

Ragna then turned his attention to the boy he was "protecting"... "So... You are hunting some rogue mercenary, and the priest mentioned something about war coming... You know, I'm leaving this little girl murder you!" He got up and walked over to a tree, sitting down at its base, leaning against it, crossing his arms. "Wake me up, when you decide on what to do!"

"Oh, Sweet Bla...." began the scariest looking man of all, his heterochromatic eyes glimmering with anger. The next moment, the long-haired woman clapped a hand over his seething mouth, keeping him from uttering another word.
Virgo decided that she felt sorry for him, he must have been so low on the totem pole he wasn't even allowed to speak!

"A-Actually... I'm the one calling the shots. S-Sorry about the whole mess. We didn't think that anyone lived here."
Cooed the second male, his squirming only piquing Virgo's interest further. She opened her mouth to give a reply, but the angry man from earlier beat her to the punch.
"So... You are hunting some rogue mercenary, and the priest mentioned something about war coming... You know, I'm leaving this little girl murder you! Wake me up, when you decide on what to do!"
He plopped himself under a nearby tree, seeming too disinterested to hear anything else.

Virgo cleared her throat, regaining her composure by smoothing her tunic stepping closer to the supposed man in charge.
"My apologies as well, Sir. In my line of work, we typically look for the matriarch when partaking in a confrontational discussion, but it seems that's not the case."
In a small town in the East where Virgo comes from, women are often appointed leaders rather than the typical patriarchial structure of the rest of the land. The reason for this is because more women lead a life of magic and creation in the town, whereas men are drawn toward the military and defense. Not to mention many religious leaders nowadays were women, as the influx of new and rising religions offered a more diverse point of view.
"Anyways, you seemed to have inflitrated my barrier. Seeing as such, your magical energy must reverberate at least on the same wavelength as mine-- but you left a hole, which is why those Creeps came in. Typically it's rare that they're able to wander in here since they're quite dense creatures." She continued, stepping close to the fire, its flickering embers casting shadows on the ground next to her.

"First, we need to take care of this fire..." She noted the very dead birds roasting on said fire, and it made her stomach churn. She would never undestand how people could eat previously living things, for survival or not. Although she supposed she did enjoy drinking coffee... but then again, it was only one fraction of a living thing. The bush was still alive when the beans were gone, so it wasn't really comparable.
"Uh, I see you're busy with dinner... I suppose you could finishing eating before putting the fire out."

Oh, how Virgo hated when she began feeling sympathy. Her only wish was to be cold and unforgiving, but it just wasn't in her nature.

"I... I have an oven in my house, if you'd like to cook properly. I only have it so I can make coffee on the stove, so it's in great condition."
Virgo finished, facing her feet in an attempt to hide her face. Truthfully, she hated having outbursts with that short temper of hers, so she usually felt embaressed during the aftermath when the other party showed it's vulnerability. Plus, it seemed they were unsure of their next plan of action, so it could give them an opportunity to regroup.​

• Again?! Aida was annoyed with herself. Training herself to better use her powers, she had snuck off into the forest to find the invisible creatures that shot lasers from their eyes. She could draw her power from their heat. However, she had stupidly decided to teleport into the forest, instead of out of it. What this resulted in was Aida managing to surround herself with the Creeps, mostly exhausted, with no way out. Still, she decided to fight her way out of it.

Stupidest idea of my entire life. Aida scolded herself, lying on the soft ground with a bunch of burned corpses around her. She just hoped that nothing else would find her. Too exhausted to move, she just lay there, wincing in pain. She had various burn marks on her arms at this point, as they were exposed during the fight.

From her right, she though, Aida could hear a scuffling sound. That's when a female emerged. She eyed the silver hair with curiosity. Is that.. Natural? She couldn't see any coloured roots and it confused her. The female approached and offered a hand to her, which Aida gratefully took.

"What happened to you?" The female asked.
    "These things happened." Aida mumbled in reply, thinking it was pretty obvious.
    "Are you okay?"
    "Do I look okay?!" The question irritated Aida. Clearly she wasn't okay. She had burn marks all up her arms and she had just been lying on the ground with no energy.
    "Sorry." The female spoke, her voice now timid. Pretty voice. "Want some help getting out of here?"
    "Sorry for snapping. I should be okay once I've gotten my energy back. A fire would be helpful though, I can draw my strength from that." Aida shrugged, looking down slightly to lock eyes with the girl. "I'm Aida, you are?"
    "Adelia."

( Kaera Kaera That's pretty cool, having two separate POVs)

Josh sighed. If they were in Azcrystian territory then that meant that Del was in the opposite direction that they were travelling in in the first place. I knew I should've brought that map the Council offered me. He looked over to where Ragna slept. He should be fine out here. There shouldn't be any more Creeps if that girl is telling the truth.

"I... I have an oven in my house, if you'd like to cook properly. I only have it so I can make coffee on the stove, so it's in great condition."

Josh raised an eyebrow at Shin-chan whose eyes lit up at the mention of an oven. They should be heading back, towards Del. The longer they remain idle, the more time his target had to escape. But then again Ragna is totally passed out by now and Josh didn't dare try to wake him up. Also, the thought of being attacked by more Creeps this late at night didn't sound too appealing.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt spending the night here. You wouldn't happen to have a map would you?" he asked.

Unbeknownst to all, flashes of bright orange light could be seen in the sky nearby. Perhaps a battle had happened during all of this?

Dante decided he would take a little walk tonight. He knew of the Creeps that reside in the forest, but they were not a matter. If he was to be attacked by them he would just go into one of his dragon forms. He left his quaint little home into the forest. It was such a beautiful night, he almost wanted to fly around for a bit. Containing himself, Dante continued on his so far peaceful walk. The cool, crisp nighttime air was so refreshing. After a few moments, he sat down on a log for a rest in the moonlight.

It was, until a point, just like his walk, peaceful. The chirping of small crickets and other nightly bugs was music, the nature it's video. To his surprise, and possibly amusement, they were silenced and replaced with light foot steps. They found him, and they must be hungry. With a small grin on his face, he stood up. "Well, guess it is a little too much to ask for, a peaceful walk in the moonlight lit forest" he said in a soft yet slightly gravely voice. Then his skin was replaced with tough, black scales. Wings sprouted from his back as well as short spikes, and tail formed above his rear. His faced was elongated into a snout, his pupils becoming slits rather than rounded spheres. His nails became sharp claws that would be his weapons, and to top it off, his legs went digitigrade. The full transformation to seconds to complete. "Time to get busy" he said, his voice slightly deeper than before.

A battle later ensued with him dodging attacks and returning them. After killing four with his own claws one remained. It caught him of guard and pounced on him. The two went to the ground, Dante's scaled hands on the neck, keeping it from biting him. He began to squeeze harder and harder on the creatures throat, and with a loud roar that could be heard a mile away, he crushed the Creeps throat. Throwing the creature to the side, he stood up and stretched his wings out. The impact of the fall definitely hurt, but they were severely injured. Staying in his humanoid dragon form, for it did not take up a huge amount of energy, he returned to the log he had been sitting on. "Damn" he muttered.

(i'll let you guys decide how close you are)

As the trio began to enter the weird treehouse, a sudden roar pierced the quiet night. "Sounded like a Creep," Josh observed, "Judging by how loud it was, it must be pretty close." Josh walked away from the group, looking around, seeing if there was a Creep nearby. There was nothing to be seen. "Odd. Perhaps it's invisible?"

"Azara No Visione!" shouted Josh. That spell sends off electromagnetic waves that could detect anything invisible.

The spell had picked up nothing. If it wasn't nearby then where was it? Josh looked back at his companions and shook his head.

(Get ready to converge, soon!)

(Time for the big gun, Gegawat Gegawat ?)

( The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses , would you mind linking the character topic in your first comment? Just to make it easier for newer players when they join? It just came to me as an Idea. Also... Ragna can apparently smell a battle, you know, for plot reasons...)

Ragna's nose twitched a couple of times, as he took 2 deep and very audible sniffs. "Do I smell death?" He jumped up as if he was stung by a bee, leaving the others behind. They should be fine, all things considered.

As he got up, his density raised, allowing him to get the big gun. Further strengthening his legs, for support and higher movement speed, he headed towards the source of the smell. There was this specific smell of carnage in the air, something he could recognize no matter the circumstances. When he arrived, he saw the aftermath, which caused him to let out a groan of disappointment. "Aaaargh, it's over... Dangit!" he saw the bloody corpses and one that looked alive. "Aye, anyone alive out there?" he waited for a response, getting a growl from one dying creep. He figured out where the dying creep was and walked over to it. The gun spooled up and he ended up firing a burst of bullets into the body of the animal, effectively reducing it to mushy pulp. "Daymn!" He exclaimed, seeing how effective the weapon was, and how hard it kicked back, despite his higher density body. "Anyone else alive out there?"

• The girl, Adelia, looked at Aida, clearly sizing up how well she could walk. Aida paid little attention to this, too busy looking around and listening for anything else. Heaven's above, I hope there's nothing else around here. Not sure how she can handle herself. She thought to herself, having previously looked over the girl and weighing up their chances in a fight. It wasn't long before she could see the girl begin to wince. Something was clearly putting her in pain.

"Are you alright?" She had a look of concern as she looked at Adelia.
    "Not really. Too much sound, my hearing is being overloaded." The silver haired girl replied, as though it wasn't anything to be concerned about. Aida was set to just shrug it off, until they heard an almighty roar that sent the girl crashing to the ground, and made Aida stagger back a few steps.

Kneeling by the girl, she tried to help up Adelia. "We need to move. Whatever that was, I don't want to meet it." After a few seconds, she successfully had Adelia off the floor and partly in her arms.
    "I can walk you know." Adelia whispered the reply, clearly not able to do much more than try and block out the sounds. "Go that way." The smaller girl pointed in the opposite direction to the roar.

It wasn't long before Aida could sense a fire. She could feel more of her energy coming back to her, despite still being a little way from it. The girl in her arms continued to try and change their direction, but at this point Aida had stopped listening. She was headed towards the fire, but slowed her pace when realising there were other people there as well. She set down Adelia, who looked less in pain, and stayed still. Soon I can get out of here.

Dante let out a sigh as he sat there. It had been a while since he's got in a fight like that. He sat among the corpses of 5 Creeps, victorious. He could here speech and foot steps approaching the scene. Part of him was glad someone was here, another was a little worried. As he was about to stand he heard the spooling of a large weapon followed by gunfire. "Shit!" he exclaimed before rolling back behind the log. He peaked his head over slowly, half expecting someone aiming at him. After hearing someone shout out "Anybody else alive out there?" he answered their call. "Yeah, I'm out here! Don't shoot!" he said, his voice deep and gravely at the moment. He climbed out from behind the log slowly and found the two who had come to his little scene. Dante was a little nervous about how they would react to seeing him in his current form, it's not everyday you see a bipedal dragon-like creature that can speak English.

The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses Gegawat Gegawat

First, Dyna Birds.
Second, a random dude dressed in red appeared and became his protector.
Third, a random priest warns them about a war.
Fourth, a little girl came from out of nowhere.
And now... there was a fucking dragon!

"Yeah, I'm out here! Don't shoot!

"What the..." Josh whispered. This has got to be the most random and dysfunctional day of his life. One day, he'll be telling his kids the story of when he saw a dragon. That could talk. Deciding to push aside the question on his mind, Josh narrowed his eyes at the dragon. It stood on two legs and had a deep voice. Seems like it just got in a fight, which explains the dead Creeps.

"Are you hurt?" he asked the dragon. "Never mind, that can wait." that seemed to confuse the dragon-man. "We gotta get outta here. Something's not---"

Josh was interrupted by another ear piercing roar, this time it sounded like it was closer. Who cares where that came from! Josh didn't want to find out. But he couldn't just leave Ragna and the dragon-man. I fucking hate this day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back