• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Valiance: Rules and Chapters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rules and What to Expect

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom
What is Valiance?

Valiance is a genre-bending adventure that combines post-apocalyptic survival with a medieval fantasy universe filled with magic and mystery. This is tale I've ran before in previous forms, but the world and plot has grown and strengthened over the past couple of years as I have developed as a writer. RPing for me is all about creating an exciting, engaging collaborative writing experience - if you share this vision and have been intrigued by what you have read so far, then here's what to expect in the RP:
  • Survival: Civilisation has fallen and our characters have been reduced to desperate scavengers. Making camps, hunting for food and raiding ruined villages for resources are just some of what our characters will have to do to survive.​
  • Uncovering Mysteries: What are the Anarquesse's true intentions? Does magic hold a greater secret than what is known? And how about our own characters, what are they hiding? These mysteries will all be revealed across the twisting plot. Speaking of which...​
  • A plot full of twists and turns: Much of the overall narrative, especially the latter half, I've already fleshed out and plotted. I'm excited to see your reactions as we encounter some of the major plot points! However...​
  • Freedom to enrich the world and weave in your own plots: ...much of the world I have left intentionally vague, allowing for your input. I'm looking for writers who come into the RP wanting to play out their own subplots, and I am excited to see the various strands link together into the central narrative!
  • Combat: Often forced to fight to survive, this RP will be full of epic magical clashes as our heroes ward off the Anarquesse's menagerie of shadowy creatures, his mysterious 'council' and the dangers of the wilderness. If you don't like writing combat, then this probably isn't the RP for you.
  • Character Development: Whether our ideals are forged in battle, our relationships in campfire down-times, or our friendships in trauma, I'm excited to see how our characters change as the plot ploughs on!

Rules

1. The obvious stuff: Don't break site rules, no godmodding/godmoding/powerplaying, no taking control of other people's characters without permission, etc.​
  2. The grammatical stuff: Write in 3rd person past tense, try to avoid typos (though I'm not going to eat you alive for the odd mistake!)​
  3. Post Frequency: Twice a week minimum, more is welcome. Please please please please do not join this RP if you won't be able to match the post rate, or if you think you're likely to drop off very quickly!​
  4. Post Length: I'm always looking for quality over quantity, so I don't like to set strict post-length limits. However, I do ask for detail to be fleshed out according to the situation. For example, if you're writing a combat scene or writing about exploring a new village, I would hope for several paragraphs worth of response. However, if all you need to do is reply to something another character has said, a couple of lines will suffice as long as you give the other writer enough to work off of - I don't want two paragraphs of forced filler about how the way Fred said 'hey' to your character brought back traumatic memories of their dead goldfish Clive. If you're going to have a long back-and-forth with one other character, why not make a collaborative post of it in PMS to save making the thread really long?
  5. Communication is Key: If something comes up and you have to drop the RP or take a break, please do let me know - it's totally fine and I will be very understanding! Otherwise we'll be waiting for you to post, and you'll have very selfishly stalled the RP.​
  6. Character Creation: You are allowed to create more than one character, including playing NPCs and villain characters should you so desire! More information can be found in the character creation thread.
  7. OOC: Keep all out of character comments to the OOC Campfire thread. Please treat eachother with respect, we're all here to have fun and write stuff.
  8. Combat: Unless stated otherwise, you are free to control enemies I have introduced to the scene as you play out battle scenes. When I introduce enemies, I provide a profile on how dangerous they are so that you can write appropriately. As a result, you have a lot of freedom in writing epic combat, and so please exercise common sense!
  9. Subplots: You are encouraged to come up with subplots relating to your character that tie in to the overarching narrative; the earlier chapters especially have a lot of freedom for you to come up with ideas! If you're planning a subplot, please PM me and we can have a chat about it ahead of time!
  10. And finally... have fun!

Last edited:
Acts and Chapters
Acts and Chapters

The acts and chapters format is designed to split the narrative into digestible chunks, giving us clear present objectives to work towards, and also improving the longevity of the RP by providing good places for new players to join in. This post will serve as an archive of the story so far, as well as housing information on the current Act and Chapter.

Current Act and Chapter: Act One, Chapter One: Hope in Numbers

• A sudden attack by a large number of shadow creatures forces our characters out of hiding. But their battle to stay alive the positive consequence of making the lone survivors aware that there are others like them. Yet despite being united in circumstance, perhaps they are not united in ideals as the seeds of the impossible plan to topple the Anarquesse are planted...

Objectives:
    ~ Fight off the threat of the shadow creatures
    ~ Make camp and recover from combat
    ~ Establish a plan going forward.
    ~ Freedom for subplots!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back