Using the Horrors of Earthdawn

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
This was touched upon a few weeks to a month ago, about possilby writing up and using the Horrors in Exalted. Simply porting them over from Earthdawn. Now, I figure I'd make this thread for those curious actually.

The way I see it, they are either the lost Third Circle souls of some of the Primordials, perhaps something they made and cast off to Elsewhere for irrevocable madness or such sinister motives that they frightened even their masters. Like in Earthdawn, I figure they still feed from flesh, blood, while the stronger ones still feed from emotion, fear and other things.

I say Elsewhere, because it reminds me of the cold and blank state of Astral Space, with it's own possiblities. Aside from floating weapons and lost caches of artifacts, who knows what's there?

Converting their powers shouldn't be TO hard, and their stats...well...we can stat the weaker ones like their constructs and maybe a Wormskull, but Verjigorm...I think he's got it made as being unstatable. As much as a Greater Elemental Dragon. Perhaps that's why they cast him off, his...appetite for killing off the Dragons. Possibly some long forgotten grudge. Who knows?

So anyone have any ideas on how to possibly port this new set of villains over? Stillborn, I'm looking at you, mainly because I own none of the books and can only slightly remember powers of theirs.

The "Horrors" book is in my parents' basement. I'll be back there next weekend, and I'll dig it out.

My memory's too fuzzy to give to many details until then.

-S

Same here, I remember Wound Transfer I think and the one power that turns your skin inside out giving you an automatic five wounds *shudder* Skin Shift was a bitch.

Hell with the new Titans, the First Age has taken on a more ED feel to me now. Even with some of the crazy shit they did. More of a Theran feel in some ways to the Solar Empire.

Now just need to have a pissed Mountain Folk build a Sphinx across the way from the Senate Chambers  :twisted:

Like the idea but Stat Verji

after all making him unstatted/unkillable makes him tougher than the primordials

as they can be killed

I think the hardest thing to translate is the "horror mark".

-S

May or may not be that simple. And the Primordials were only really killable by really powerful Exalts and the nice shiny Primordial Killing Toys Autobot made for the Exalts.

There is shit in the Exalted line the Primordials made that HAS stats, like Vodak, that will instantly own a party. So I don't think it's that big a deal.

hey it should have Vodak level stats

But remember it was pointed out in the BWB that the main primordial killing weapon was Ghost eating technique\

I agree starting circles should be toast, but with enough XP Verji culddie in ED against Adepts (you wanted to be at least circle 11, preferably circle 14... One GM ran a campaign where we killed Verji as the campaign climax, we were circle 14, it was our deed to become circle 15, I was a Warrior/Nethermancer

Ok. I got my greasy mitts on the Horrors sourcebook (and Parlainth too).

The book has full descriptions and stats for 20+ major Horrors. I don't think it would be prudent or legal for me to try to reproduce these in full on the forums.

What say you, CW?

Nor I...perhaps talking through PM? Meaning we talk stats through PM, then try to find a pecedent within Exalted to translate...then post the new Exalted stats on the forum?

PM is too slow. Let's try to find eachother on the chat sometime later on tonight.

Vodak is an immortal beast which lie underneath Gethamane. It was born in the death throws of one of the first Malfeans. It's a huge pool of quicksilver that devours anything that comes near it, using it's form later as a homonculi. It's great. You need the old Fae book :D Or at least Bastions of the North.

Just say when you'll be on via this thread' date=' it'll make it easier than playing Chat tag.[/quote']
I'm camped out there now, oh Katooloo Waix.

Not really no. It's asleep underneath the city. People there are actual people. They have no idea what they're walking over top of.

Vodok's constructs are a bit odd.  They do not know there true nature and are quite capable of picking up life where they left it, if Vodok wishes them to.  Vodok occasionally creates small communities of constructs and then destroys it with extreme malice.

I have heard of Earthdawn a bit, but I know nothing of it.  Can you share more of these Horrors and how they could be brought into Exalted?

Currently it's a work in progress, next time I can snag Flagg we can start on more of this. Our first brainstorm session went very well with translating powers. So I imagine we'll get down to translating the actual Horrors soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back