User's Lucky Moments (Roleplay or RL)

DamagedGlasses

Lurking Pun Ninja
Hiyah everybody! In the spirit of Saint Patrick's Day, we have a lot of great stuff planned for the next Newsletter, and while the others are doing their own things to make it wonderful, I am gathering all willing accounts of Lucky Moments that have happened in your life or in a Roleplay you've taken part of at some point, Dice Roleplays being allowed as well!

Have you rolled just the right number so that your character doesn't accidentally slip off a rickety-old bridge? Made it to school or work on time because of a lucky set of events? Well come one, come all, for this is the place for you to write your story, no matter how insignificant you may think it be!

Now, just in case you missed my earlier mentioning, these accounts will be be going into the next RPN Newsletter, and due to space, or lack of it, not every amazing story will be able to appear, however this Thread will be mentioned and linked, so everyone will have the chance to come and read about the awesome things that happened in your life. The more astounding the event, the more likely it will be shown on our Newsletter, but remember that this is all for fun!

Feel free to provide any amount of detail in your posts that you think is necessary! Oh, I am so excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the time my character, Elf McElfpants the Elf, escaped a warehouse where everyone in his party but him got captured? At the time, Elf and his merry gang were being slaughtered by a large group of thieves and robbers who'd stolen a bunch of merchandise including wool, alcoholic beverages and other valuable resources from a merchant they were working for. Of course, we were trying to kill the shit out of them and steal everything back, but that didn't work too great. So, Elf's solution to problem of getting viciously murdered and having all his things taken from him was to run faster than any Elf before him. Rolling the best rolls I've ever rolled in my life, Elf dodged the attacks of four bandits while escaping the warehouse, broke a door down in the sprint and awoke five poor people in a house next to the warehouse. The bandits had elves of their own however, who served to be particularly good at following him. Elf decided that since fighting all these people while having roughly 5 wounds left was a horrible idea, he instead ran up the stairs to the second floor, and in an amazing feat of awesome parkour leaped from a window onto the adjacent building's roof. However, bandit elf had also mastered the art of rolling very well, and was after him in a matter of seconds.

At this point, mr. warrior guy from the bandit gang was out on a patrol and saw his buddy Bandit Elf fighting Mr. Elfpants, so he did the only sane thing. Picked up his dagger and hurled it roughly 30m into Elfpants' shoulder. Elfpants was no regular elf however. He'd invested points in toughness, so he didn't even mind the dagger sticking out of his shoulder. However, due to fate (and a short rule up-checking with the GM)Elfpants' next idea wasn't the brightest one. In an attempt to push the other elf off the roof, he ended up awkwardly hugging him instead, taking up a lot of his valuable time and almost making him get hit by about 4 separate clubs soaring through the air. Once the awkward hug was over Elfpants took a run up and managed to score about 3 perfect rolls, allowing him to jump crazy distances, cling onto the side of a building, and then scale it. The bandits weren't happy about him being better at parkour than them, so before he was out of sight he received another dagger to the exact same shoulder.

Since this may either have been too confusing to read (because of ridiculous phrasing) or too long, here's my tl;dr: Elf Mcelfpants avoid a total of 20 attacks, outran 3 elves, ran into someone's home and got up to their second floor only to jump from a window to another building's roof, hugged an elf, jumped from that roof to a higher roof and received two sweet daggers for his troubles. Oh yeah, he was one hitpoint away from certain death, yet didn't receive any permanent effect.

Oh, how fun!

Lucky moments, my, my... as people go, I tend to be pretty unlucky, especially in dice games and scratchcards.

I've always believed that the typical "lucky" things that have happened to me in my life, whether it be my job or friends, have been a result of hard work and determination.

A few weeks ago though, I fell down a flight of stairs and didn't spill a drop of my wine... so, that was cool (and lucky).

I have one, we were playing this spectacular self made tabletop rpg called Myths of Auranorr, anyway despite the dm's best efforts we managed to escape many evil plans our dm had

in the form of perfect 20's on fate multiple times over. It was rather amusing to watch the dm slowly grow more frustrated by th minute as all his nefarious deeds were not successful

When I met Kagura-senpai

For RL, my luckiest experience would be.. I remember back in Grade 8, my friends and I would always play Nikki Nikki Nine Door/Ding Dong Dash at the small complexes not far from our school. I found out a couple of days later some of my mother's friends lived in the neighbourhood. So one day, my friend knocked on ALL of the doors on the seventh floor, the highest in that building. When we were running down the staircase in excitement and fear we heard a lady said she would call the landlord. Little did I know, that was my aunt. She was just one floor above us so she didn't see my face. I was a very bad boy.

Another in RL, would be in Grade 8 again in the same area. My friends and I loved to skateboard (we still do) and there is this skateboard group called the Cavi Club. We loved to watch their videos on YouTube and were like obsessed. In the winter we saw a red truck that had snow all over the hood. We traced our fingers in the snow and wrote 'Cavi Club' thinking it wouldn't hurt anyone since it wasn't in pen, just our fingers. Once I laid my finger on the truck's hood, we heard a man say something that I should not type down so we ran for our lives. My friend Dorien who was there said he saw the man's face from afar. It was our math teacher. Luckily, he didn't recognize our faces.

Eh?

I've actually had some lucky moments of my own, some of the a bit on the bad side, but there was this one time that I had some great luck on my side. So, it was right before a standard test I take each friday in my English class. The Teacher reads out each question and lets you write down your answer, the amount of questions usually ranging from 8-10. Now, I am usually really good with these tests, just simple things that I never really have a problem with following and answering. However, this time around it was different. The night before, I had gotten little sleep due to some problems and general "Augh, why can't I go to sleep!?", so I was pretty tired. And so, I was really out of it in the beginning and didn't hear the little things the teacher was telling us about the test.

Well, I woke up for a bit, and jogged myself into a little adrenaline rush, wanting to get the test done, before I conked out. So, Keeping up with teacher's questions, I answered and answered and answered, before accidentally taking a little nap at question 4. So, I wake up, and when you wake up, it usually feels like time has passed quicker than it actually has. Therefore, I was in a real tizzy, because the teacher hadn't stopped asking questions, and I had no time to ask if I had missed anything. Also, it's kind of embarrassing to say that you slept during the test, and I wasn't really expecting a positive response on that little incident. Little did I know, after I got the time to ask, that the questions only went up to 6, and I had only taken a very short little break, not missing any of the questions.

Sure, it seems little, but at the time, I heard angels singing in my ears, and a light sprayed down from the heavens on my paper. Ok, so maybe that isn't what exactly happened, but its a close interpretation from my perspective. ^_^

A lucky moment. I have had many, but I'll share the most simple and silly.

I am very into music. It affects my mood like you wouldn't believe. So, there was a song I wanted to hear really badly all day because my mood was so out of whack. This was an oldie. I had zero access to it; I couldn't find it anywhere. Nothing else I listened to in place of it could do it for me, it had to be that one. (I dreamed of this song the night before.)

Defeated, I hopped in the car after a long day, terrible day. Lo and behold, when I turned on the radio, the particular station was playing oldies. Two seconds later, I was thrust straight into the start of the song I thought I would never hear again.

It was absolutely marvelous. I sang my heart out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back