Opinion Usernames

katybug1314

Elder Member
So recently on discord someone messaged me with a name that to me is not to sound childish a very nasty word and offensive to me and something that I was really forbidden to say as a child.Is it wrong of me to not want to rp with the person because of this?

Last edited:
No, it's not wrong. You have the right to feel uncomfortable.

Does that mean that a person with such name will be a bad rp partner? No, it doesn't. I had a friend who used offensive names in games (and often had infractions or was forced to change names by admins) for fun but aside from that was a completely adequate person and didn't even use offensive language when talking (at least when we played). Some people just have hobbies I'll never understand...

Anyway, you're not forced to rp with anyone, especially if their username offends you.
If you like that person aside from that or think it could be a promising rp, you can let them know how you feel about their username. Judging by their reaction, you can probably assess if you can get along with that person. Not that you should expect them to change name because of this (although if you have a separate server, they might change nickname on the server since it doesn't require changing username), but if they start trashtalking you for this or trolling, you should just ignore them either way and be glad you discovered this early enough before you started rp.

You do you, but I don't think username is a basis to shun people away. Else I wouldn't have had most if nit all friends I have right now, telling them off for having childish, stupid, or offensive names on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back