• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Urban Fantasy w/ Optional Romance Subplots (all gender pairings)

DarkledMind

*lo-fi noises*
Teratophilia: the paraphilia characterized by attractiion to monsters.

Hi, my name is Quin. I love to write, and to roleplay. I'll be brief here in what you can expect from me. I can roleplay at several different levels, from semi-lit, full lit, or even novella. I am ditch friendly! If things happen, I understand. Even if you disappear for a few months and want to start the same thread, that's fine with me too. I can reply at least once a day, and sometimes more if I am not too busy. I can also double, or even control whole worlds. I pref to play masculine characters, but I can play women.

I have been around on the circuit for a while and I do have some expectations.
Please, be 18 or older. I can roleplay with younger, but I prefer not to, as that does mean censoring myself.
Please, have proper grammar. Run on sentences are the bane of my existence, and make me grind my teeth. You can be a great person, but your grammar will just ruin it for me.
Please! Have proper roleplay ettiquette. Do not control my character in any capacity. If there are fight scenes, do not auto hit, and do not dodge everything.
And lastly, please be capable of forming a choerent narrative. I tell stories. I do not just throw two characters into a scenario and let it go. If you are having problems with a scene, we can skip. But if you just want to write disconnected scenes, that is not for me.

Okay! That boring stuff is out of the way, plots!!

I really want to play with the idea of the normal, or relatively normal, and the absurd. I also like to play with monsters, and the lore behind them. Thus is the inspiration for this very specific thread. If you have an idea that has one or both of those themes, please feel free to contact me! As you will see, the romance is never front and center in these roleplays. There will be some worldbuilding for most of these plots.

The Nature God
Character A used to love to play in the lonely places of the world. When they were children, they would travel into nature, and imagine playing with faeries and all sorts of whmsical creatures. Once, they dreamed that they got into trouble, deep in their playground. A kind, but horrific looking creature saved them. But that was then. This is now. Now, they are struggling with their very mundane life in the city. Life seems to be turning around for them, as someone is helping them behind the scenes. It is Character B, who tells Character A that their chilhood was not all fantasy, and that was no dream. Character B is a god of nature, and used to tend and protect the land they in which they once played. But industrialization has turned Character B's land from a wild and lonely place, to something "more fit for the modern world." Now, Character B must learn to survive the treacherous human landscape. (I prefer Character B, but I can play both roles.)

Or, alternatively

Character A is wandering in nature, hiking or camping, when they get lost. The deeper they wander into the wilderness, the more things become abnormal. Creatures they do not recognize scurry into the shadows. It might be the dehydration, but Character A can swear they hear laughter. Eventually, they run into a horrific looking thing. It is friendly, though, and just wants to help Charcter A. Character B is this creature, a god of the lonely land Character A has wandered into. They don't often get visitors out here.

The Realm of Fae
Character A is not a superstitious person. The have their quirks, like everyone does. And then, one day, they cross into the realm of the fae. Whoops. They want to go home, but by the laws of the land, they cannot. Character B is the leader of the fae, and takes care of Character A as they adjust to their new life. (I saw something fun about modern faery circles being entrances to clubs and stuff. So we can do that. I have no preference to which character.)

My Roomie is a Demon
Character A is just your normal, average, every day human, with a mild interest in the occult. One day, they acquire a book on the art of summoning. Bored, and curious, they try out one of the spells. It is required that the summoned needs a goal. Character A gives an arbitrary goal, thnking it will not work. It does. Character B is the creature they summoned, and now has to complete a bullshit goal to go home. (You want this to be super, unbelievably dark? Give me Character B. Otherwise, I should probably be Character A.)

The Secrets of Magic
Character A is your average person who is interested in the occult. They frequent this little occult shop, and talk to the owner. The owner is aging, and seems nice enough. One day, Character A touches to owner's hand, and brush up against their ultimately spooky ring. The ring begins to glow. Turns out Character A has some real magic in them. The store owner introduces them to a world of magic and monsters, and proclaims them the heir. There has not been anyone new, or undocumented in their world for decades or longer. Character B is a monster, and does not like or trust the new blood. (I kinda want to make this similar to HellBoy, with darker and even horror themes involved. If I'm Character B, I'm going to make him a skeleton or something.)

Twilight got it wrong
Character A really really likes vampires. They have read all the classic novels, and watched all of shows and movies. They are scouring their local listings for some sort of group to meet like minded people. She finds a group, and goes to join. It isn't long before they start to think something is amiss. Turns out, vampires use this group to find willing victims, or people obsessed enough to allow themselves to become slaves to their vampiire overlords. Character B is a vampire, and has taken a liking to Character A. None of those books or movies could have prepared Character A to being thrust into the world of the undead. (This can technically be any sort of supernatural creature, but works well with vampires. I kinda want to be Character A. If I am Character B, I'll probably use a certain set of lore.)

Hello.
I'm quite interested in the "My Roomie is a Demon" Prompt. I'm all for an unbelievably dark and grim RP (as you forewarned), although ultimately I'd be willing to be Character A or B. I'm somewhat new to RP, although I believe I'm quite articulate. Please PM me if you're willing to discuss ideas. Cheers.

I love Fae urban fantasy, so I'd be up for that.
But, I largely prefer M/M and I am not certain from your post whether or not you'd like that?

Teratophilia: the paraphilia characterized by attractiion to monsters.

Hi, my name is Quin. I love to write, and to roleplay. I'll be brief here in what you can expect from me. I can roleplay at several different levels, from semi-lit, full lit, or even novella. I am ditch friendly! If things happen, I understand. Even if you disappear for a few months and want to start the same thread, that's fine with me too. I can reply at least once a day, and sometimes more if I am not too busy. I can also double, or even control whole worlds. I pref to play masculine characters, but I can play women.

I have been around on the circuit for a while and I do have some expectations.
Please, be 18 or older. I can roleplay with younger, but I prefer not to, as that does mean censoring myself.
Please, have proper grammar. Run on sentences are the bane of my existence, and make me grind my teeth. You can be a great person, but your grammar will just ruin it for me.
Please! Have proper roleplay ettiquette. Do not control my character in any capacity. If there are fight scenes, do not auto hit, and do not dodge everything.
And lastly, please be capable of forming a choerent narrative. I tell stories. I do not just throw two characters into a scenario and let it go. If you are having problems with a scene, we can skip. But if you just want to write disconnected scenes, that is not for me.

Okay! That boring stuff is out of the way, plots!!

I really want to play with the idea of the normal, or relatively normal, and the absurd. I also like to play with monsters, and the lore behind them. Thus is the inspiration for this very specific thread. If you have an idea that has one or both of those themes, please feel free to contact me! As you will see, the romance is never front and center in these roleplays. There will be some worldbuilding for most of these plots.

The Nature God
Character A used to love to play in the lonely places of the world. When they were children, they would travel into nature, and imagine playing with faeries and all sorts of whmsical creatures. Once, they dreamed that they got into trouble, deep in their playground. A kind, but horrific looking creature saved them. But that was then. This is now. Now, they are struggling with their very mundane life in the city. Life seems to be turning around for them, as someone is helping them behind the scenes. It is Character B, who tells Character A that their chilhood was not all fantasy, and that was no dream. Character B is a god of nature, and used to tend and protect the land they in which they once played. But industrialization has turned Character B's land from a wild and lonely place, to something "more fit for the modern world." Now, Character B must learn to survive the treacherous human landscape. (I prefer Character B, but I can play both roles.)

Or, alternatively

Character A is wandering in nature, hiking or camping, when they get lost. The deeper they wander into the wilderness, the more things become abnormal. Creatures they do not recognize scurry into the shadows. It might be the dehydration, but Character A can swear they hear laughter. Eventually, they run into a horrific looking thing. It is friendly, though, and just wants to help Charcter A. Character B is this creature, a god of the lonely land Character A has wandered into. They don't often get visitors out here.

The Realm of Fae
Character A is not a superstitious person. The have their quirks, like everyone does. And then, one day, they cross into the realm of the fae. Whoops. They want to go home, but by the laws of the land, they cannot. Character B is the leader of the fae, and takes care of Character A as they adjust to their new life. (I saw something fun about modern faery circles being entrances to clubs and stuff. So we can do that. I have no preference to which character.)

My Roomie is a Demon
Character A is just your normal, average, every day human, with a mild interest in the occult. One day, they acquire a book on the art of summoning. Bored, and curious, they try out one of the spells. It is required that the summoned needs a goal. Character A gives an arbitrary goal, thnking it will not work. It does. Character B is the creature they summoned, and now has to complete a bullshit goal to go home. (You want this to be super, unbelievably dark? Give me Character B. Otherwise, I should probably be Character A.)

The Secrets of Magic
Character A is your average person who is interested in the occult. They frequent this little occult shop, and talk to the owner. The owner is aging, and seems nice enough. One day, Character A touches to owner's hand, and brush up against their ultimately spooky ring. The ring begins to glow. Turns out Character A has some real magic in them. The store owner introduces them to a world of magic and monsters, and proclaims them the heir. There has not been anyone new, or undocumented in their world for decades or longer. Character B is a monster, and does not like or trust the new blood. (I kinda want to make this similar to HellBoy, with darker and even horror themes involved. If I'm Character B, I'm going to make him a skeleton or something.)

Twilight got it wrong
Character A really really likes vampires. They have read all the classic novels, and watched all of shows and movies. They are scouring their local listings for some sort of group to meet like minded people. She finds a group, and goes to join. It isn't long before they start to think something is amiss. Turns out, vampires use this group to find willing victims, or people obsessed enough to allow themselves to become slaves to their vampiire overlords. Character B is a vampire, and has taken a liking to Character A. None of those books or movies could have prepared Character A to being thrust into the world of the undead. (This can technically be any sort of supernatural creature, but works well with vampires. I kinda want to be Character A. If I am Character B, I'll probably use a certain set of lore.)

Oof, My Roomie is a Demon and Twilight got it Wrong seem really interesting! Please PM me about it (I'm new so it won't let me do a PM unless I've been here for 24 hours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back