• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern upper eastside (reboot) ooc

Characters
Here

Melanin-Gxdess

Give up on your dreams and die.

**AUTHORS NOTE**
Because of my slacking and ill-preparedness, this sort of died before it got started. However, now that I have my shit together, I'm going to re-open this puppy up and hopefully receive better results than before.

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
The Upper East Side. Manhattan, New York. Home of old money and classic New York sophistication. Unlike the loud, bustling streets of New York City, the Upper East Side is cool, calm, and collected; unhurried. You can take in the sights and everywhere you turn, walking down the streets you can observe the history, art, and the refined nature of the city. Unfortunately, the people that live in this peaceful city are anything but peaceful. Their lives are so busy whether they be businessmen, artists, models, fashion designers; they never seem to slow down. The only time it seems these rushed people are able to take a second is during the annual East Side Charity Ball. The ESCB is an event that has been thrown every year for the past 99 years by a mysterious person no one has met and this year marks 100. The IT people always show up, trying to out dress each other and outbid each other on different arts, jewelry, and even dates for the night. It'll be the most talked about event of the year. But this time, they won't be talking about it because of 'Who Wore It Best'. No, they'll be talking about this because this is where everyone's life changes. Everyone's deepest, darkest secrets will come to light and they will all be forced to live with those secrets out in the open. [div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] Oy! Don't join then abandon me! I'll do a pulse check every Wednesday!

[div class=num]2.[/div] This is a Semi-Adv RP, which means no one liners. They make me cringe. At least a paragraph, pls.

[div class=num]3.[/div] If you have any questions, let me know!

[div class=num]4.[/div] Before you can reserve another character, you must first complete the one and it be accepted.

[div class=num]5.[/div] First come first served basis, meaning whoever completes their CS first and gets it accepted has that role. [div class=num]6.[/div] Before you are allowed a reserved, a written sample is required through PM's [div class=num]7.[/div] Once you are accepted, the Discord link will be given to you

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - MAIN - OOC
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words][div class=i]u[/div]pper eastside
[div class=bottomwords]"Whenever you feel like critisizing someone,
Just remember that all the people in this world
Haven't had the advantages you've had."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: lavendre lavendre [/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(http://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/3a/19/783a198a811f72ede159e2b6d8f44ce9.jpg); background-size:105%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wingsoffirefanon/images/4/42/1§.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180806190151); background-size: 120%; background-position: 55% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #000000; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #000000; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: black; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:16px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

(code by lavendre lavendre )​

Hey there kiddos!

In order for your CS to be FULLY accepted, I’m going to need you to send AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami and I the secret your character will be holding on to. The only people who should know your characters secret is us. If it pertain to your relationship with another character, then by all means tell them but otherwise keep it to ya self!

Now I gotta think about a cool secret :) if anyone wants to ya know team up with a secret then let me know!! I’m excited to rp with you guys

Idk if mine is even good...maybe my character is too complicated.

POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP IDEAS
(feel free to respond here or on discord)

Elijah Brankovich ( madame moiselle madame moiselle ) - So Kenna and Elijah are the same age, and I think it'd be cool to either have them have a history, like they grew up in the same area, or worked together maybe after he became the face of the clothing company. If the former, they probably wouldn't know each other that well, considering their different upbringings but we could have had them maybe run into each other and remember from way back? If the latter, then maybe they did a commercial together or something (she sang, he modeled). Of course if neither of those work for you, or you have a different idea, just let me know!

Poppy Minyard ( nymphadora. nymphadora. ) - Ooh, I can see the two of them maybe working together! Fairly recent, probably, and maybe they didn't get along. Maybe because of a mixture of Poppy's closed-offness off camera and Kenna's pushy personality, they butted heads. And if you're not keen on the idea of them working together, maybe they've just been at the same sort of parties or something of the sort.

Elias Woodbrook ( spectro spectro ) - I don't know how they'd previously know each other, but if they met at a party, perhaps they'd get along. Kenna may be a little on the uptight side, but she loves it when the spotlight is on her. She's also a talker, and makes sure to try and talk to everyone at least once so they can put a face to her name.

Kortia Deneka Valentino ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami ) - Both girls are super into appearances, so that's something they could bond over. Whether or not it could potentially be a friendship is a different story.

Odilon Corneille Beckham Jr. ( AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami ) - I could see things going either way for the two of them, honestly. Do you have a preference?

Mikayla Waters ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) - Maybe they haven't met before, but during the course of the rp they will. With Mikayla's hidden insecurities, I can see Kenna maybe saying something that rubs her the wrong way or makes her feel bad, though not on purpose. Could lead to some strife, though also a possible bonding moment later in the rp?

Ailyn ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ) - Perhaps they've worked together? Kenna would definitely try to talk to her and probably get snapped at in the process, lol. But maybe Ailyn does outfits for Kenna's shows, etc. which would lead to them spending more time together.

Morgan Camichael ( logastellus logastellus ) - I could see them working together, too, perhaps for a photoshoot if that's something she does. If not, then maybe that could be something that happens during this rp?

Jordan B. Michael ( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ) - Probably wouldn't already know each other, but I could see them becoming friends, or at least friendly.

King Sirichai Chueakao ( MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx ) - Ooh, maybe Kenna tries to get a place from him/bought a house through him recently?

Erik Jakobsen ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) - If you don't wanna go the obvious route of him being Kenna's producer, maybe he's friends with Kenna's current producer and that's how they know each other? I think they might get along, Kenna always does/tries her best when performing, and is very hard on herself if something goes wrong. Outside of that, she's fairly friendly and loves to have fun.

Erik Jakobsen ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) - If you don't wanna go the obvious route of him being Kenna's producer, maybe he's friends with Kenna's current producer and that's how they know each other? I think they might get along, Kenna always does/tries her best when performing, and is very hard on herself if something goes wrong. Outside of that, she's fairly friendly and loves to have fun.

Sure, sounds good to me! I like the idea that he isn't her direct producer but they know each other through music still. Maybe met an album release party or something?

apolla apolla

i do kinda have a better idea lmfao! since kenna is a singer that most likely means she's released some official music videos and since those usually hire models to participate, maybe elijah and kenna worked together for a music video of hers? and he could've played a big role in it, like being the main 'love' interest or something, instead of like an extra

Poppy Minyard (@nymphadora.) - Ooh, I can see the two of them maybe working together! Fairly recent, probably, and maybe they didn't get along. Maybe because of a mixture of Poppy's closed-offness off camera and Kenna's pushy personality, they butted heads. And if you're not keen on the idea of them working together, maybe they've just been at the same sort of parties or something of the sort.

that works with me !! like esther said with elijah, perhaps the two met on set where poppy was hired to act in a music video for kenna ?

Sure, sounds good to me! I like the idea that he isn't her direct producer but they know each other through music still. Maybe met an album release party or something?

That sounds awesome! I like that better, too. ^^

apolla apolla

i do kinda have a better idea lmfao! since kenna is a singer that most likely means she's released some official music videos and since those usually hire models to participate, maybe elijah and kenna worked together for a music video of hers? and he could've played a big role in it, like being the main 'love' interest or something, instead of like an extra

and this is why ilyyyyy. you have such good ideas! that sounds perfect. ^^

that works with me !! like esther said with elijah, perhaps the two met on set where poppy was hired to act in a music video for kenna ?

i love! sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back