Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

We have some great news! We are getting closer to the much-anticipated release of xF2.0. xF or xenForo is the forum software we use. We’ve been getting closer to the creators releasing 2.0 and have been quietly preparing all year for this update so our site will be ready to go. This new xF update makes it easier to design and code for the site, and obviously, we’ve taken the time to reconstruct older features and new ones as well as work with addon makers where we couldn’t do something ourselves.

We can’t give an exact ETA, but we are close. Once xF2 lands, we will finalize any prep work on our end and then update RpNation.com.

This update will come with:

• New BBCodes
  • Emoji Support
  • Refreshed and updated versions of our Default and Night Life styles. Moving forward they will be called Light and Dark respectively. (Color Me’s functionality will be merged into both Light and Dark.)
  • Post Macros
  • Roleplay Tabs
  • Simplified and updated menus and user account options.
  • The xF devs choose to update to a less buggy editor in the xF product, so hooray! no more glitchiness between BBCode mode and rich text.

These are just a few of the changes and new features to expect on the technical side.

Community-wise, we’ve been quietly updating things that we can (that don’t require the technical update of xF2) like a new appeals system, updated warning guidelines and rules, and much more. In the coming weeks, we plan to start releasing announcements and demonstrations as xF2 gets released and we finish writing guides on all these new features :).

-Wizard

POST MACROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEEED THISSS

For you User-Senpai.
firefox_2017-11-10_17-08-29.png

firefox_2017-11-10_17-08-53.png

firefox_2017-11-10_17-09-24.png
firefox_2017-11-10_17-10-51.png

firefox_2017-11-10_17-11-08.png

What are post macros

As shown in my screenshot, Post Macros are texts you can save and then there is a button in the editor that lets you quick insert it.

This is insanely useful for example if there is a particular BBCode you like. You save it once and just reinsert it everytime.

!!! Holy cow that’s gonna make coding/formatting so much easier!!!

When the site is gonna update again, making you realize you'll have to wait 5 billion years for it to update but then you remember you do nothing worthwhile here anyway
Also please add the b, 100, and thinking emoji

When the site is gonna update again, making you realize you'll have to wait 5 billion years for it to update but then you remember you do nothing worthwhile here anyway
Also please add the b, 100, and thinking emoji

It should be a quick update, a few hours at most or less. We've done an insane amount of prep work ahead of time.

I CAN HARDLY HANDLE THE EXCITEMENT. I have been waiting for roleplay tabs since forever and new bbcode updates? Yay!

Thank you so much xF creators, Admin, Staff, and Mods!

Hey, I know this is unrelated, but what’s the status of that mobile app you talked about a long time ago? Still in development?

Hey, I know this is unrelated, but what’s the status of that mobile app you talked about a long time ago? Still in development?
To my knowledge, the mobile app is out and has been out for a while now. I don't personally use it, but it was a big announcement a little while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back