• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unusual Suspects

~ Brandon ~

"You can count on it." Jokes weren't one of his stronger points. He had picked up on it, but he chose to simply reassure her that he'd be reliable. He hated to be late for anything.

Bran watched as she stood, listening to her quick goodbye. "Alright, I will." And with that she left. Well, this had been an unusual morning for him, but hey, he'd made a friend, right?

He cleaned up his own rubbish, gave a short nod to the staff who had served him and left, heading for HQ. He didn't reckon he'd have much to do after having just got back from a rather lengthy assignment, but he figured it was worth his while going in to check anyway. So, he headed off to work.

Later that evening - and not one for phone calls - Brandon texted over details to Asriel about their lesson. He knew a clearing not far from the towns border that would be the perfect space for them, and since he had just been told he was getting some time off, he figured now was better than never. Hopefully the following day wouldn't be too soon for her.

Asriel busted her sweet little ass off working to take excellent care of the woman she called nana - despite having no real relation to her at all. It wasn't until she had gotten released from her duties for the day as her nana's caretaker had stepped in to do her job, finally.

She settled down into bed and checked her phone, smiling to see a text message from the one number she assumed was Bran's that gave her a time and place. She responded quickly with 'I'll be there!' And even added the sweetest little smiley face and a heart to further display how truly happy that she was. She had severely hoped that he would contact her somehow, and that is exactly what he did.

The next morning she woke excited for her day of learning and ran quickly to the bathroom to shower and get all ready for the day before returning to her bedroom to get dressed. She sent another text to him, this time texting him that she'd meet him at the little cafe so that they might meet up there and he could lead the way to their destination so that she wouldn't risk a day of getting lost and wondering into a bad subdivision. She had done it multiple times and boy she hoped it wouldn't happen again.

~ Brandon ~

Bran had gotten up exceedingly early that morning. He couldn't sleep, and he couldn't understand why. Thank god he had gone shopping last night and had the time to make himself a decent breakfast. He knew he was usually a cold person, but he was practically ice before he ate.

Brandon ate, showered and packed his swords, bringing an extra for Asriel, still unsure how well this would go. Well, he'd already agreed to it so best to follow through on his word. As soon as he was ready, Bran headed out making a beeline for the cafe to meet his new student. Weird to think of her that way.

Upon arrival, Bran ordered himself a coffee, found a cozy table by the window and sat to wait, taking a much needed sip from his cup. He watched the passers by, imagining what their days entailed - this one would be shopping with friends, that one off to work, the next visiting family. Bran realised then that today's lesson would be the first activity he'd done outside of work for a very long time. He didn't have friends or family here, just colleagues and as such, he didn't get out much (or at all for that matter) except to work. As much as he'd been trying harder and harder to understand the people around him, he was yet to actually make a friend.

A long sigh escaped as Bran frowned and thought on this, awaiting Asriel's arrival so he could get his mind off the subject.

Asriel arrived about 10 minutes after Bran had, her form moving quickly to the counter to order a french vanilla mocha and refused to go anywhere near her wel.. Teacher until she had her coffee. With the cup in her hand, she approached him with a smile and sat in the seat across frim him.

"I apologize for being late. I caught got up with helping a little girl get her cat from a tree." She giggled a bit and smiled at him, taking a sip of her coffee before relaxing all the way into her chair. "I hope that what I wore is okay. I've only ever fenced once and that ended badly." She giggled one last time before watching him.

Actually having a plan for them to hang out and get better acquainted as well as help him to relax to open up. I mean.. He was rather cold and grouchy and straight forward, but surely the fact that he had showed up was enough to prove that he cared at least a little.

Brandon watched her enter the store and place her order. He figured she didn't want to approach him until she was thoroughly woken and caffeine induced. He noted that she was late, but decided not to let it bother him - it was only by a few minutes anyway.

As she sat down, Bran offered her a small, welcoming smile. "That's actually a thing? I figured it was just some thing they made up to use in those cheesy superhero movies." He shrugged a little, surprised that a cat that who could climb up there in the first place, couldn't get back down. Bran looked her over. "Yeah, you should be fine, we won't be doing anything too strenuous today anyway."

He figured he'd have them start of easy, the basics. Bran knew what it was like to be thrown in at the deep end when it came to training, and he didn't want to overwhelm her on their first day. "Just lemme know when you're done and we'll get going." He had a few spots in mind to carry out their training, but one in particular was his favourite and he was a little apprehensive to find out if she'd like it just as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back