• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unusual Suspects

PanOtterPus

Chief of Panda Division
Roleplay Type(s)
Äsrï룣 Äsrï룣

~ Brandon ~

Bean awoke from his slumber, no longer able to fight off the suns rays. He pulled himself out of bed and lazily stalked to the fridge in search of whatever food he had left. Upon opening the fridge door he discovered he had very little left - one egg, a mediocre slice of cheese, a drop of milk and a single plum. Sighing, he shut the door and resigned himself to the thought that he would have to go and restock.

He trundled back to the small bedroom his apartment provided, dressed himself in his usual black tee and dark jeans, dawned his favourite hoodie and picked up his wallet. Bran left the apartment, heading for the local cafe, having decided he'd rather fuel himself before the chore of shopping.

Walking through the streets, Bran pulled up his hood, his usual attamept to shut out the world. He lived within a regular sized town, having been stationed here for work - and for once not complaining about the size of his assigned town. Bran, you see, hated small villages or large towns. Small communities got on his nerves - everyone knowing everyone, nosey neighbours, always having someone know your business. It just irked him, having no real privacy. Large cities on the other hand were even more bothersome - large crowds of ignorant people, constant festivals, cliques of teens shutting out the "wrong types". He couldn't stand people, so it's suited that he hated cities.

This town, on the other hand, was perfect. It was large enough that there were strangers within, yet small enough that he didn't have to worry too much about large crowds.

He continued walking, pondering his home, without paying too much attention to where he was going. He knew the place like the back of his hand after all...

PanOtterPus PanOtterPus

~ Äsrï룣 ~

Asriel had awoken with the biggest smile on her face, the start of a new day just within her fingertips and the aching for adventure just digging into her bones.
With a quickness that almost made her uncomfortable, she rolled out of bed and dressed herseld in something almost rag looking, but still added beauty to her healthy curves. A soft pink top that beautifully fell over her shoulders and comfortable jeans with only two holes in them - her most favorite outfit out of the many that she had.

With swiftness, she made herself a breakfast that she could take on the go and ventured out into the average sized town. As many passed, she spoke a gentle "Good morning!" to each and almost always recieved a smile and a kind response in return.

However, as she passed a certain male that seemed almost unwelcomed with her presence, she couldn't help but feel compelled to strike up a conversation.

"Hello there! Sorry to disturb your morning but you look as though you could use a friend," she spoke tenderly as she suddenly changed the direction in which spoke. "I don't believe we met before.."

Something about him had caught her attention, whether it be the look of disapproval or hatred that seemed to have taken over his face, or the very fact that he had chosen to wear a dark jacket with the hood up on such a warm day. It was extremely peculiar and wasn't something that she had seen before and it had truly struck her curiosity.

Asriel noted the quickness in his step and followed right along with him, her long chestnut locks flowing behind her and bouncing every time she took a step. She was forced to walk as though she had a purpose - which she did, but.. Nothing like he seemed to have.

~ Brandon ~

Brandon was just minding his own business, eager to make his way to the cafe, hungry for food. He was especially grumpy when he was hungry... And then she arrived.

He glanced at her, quickly taking in her warm smile and bouncing, happy step. Being a tall lad, she managed to keep up and seemed to even enjoy doing so. Who the hell was this happy in the morning? He couldn't help but show a little of his disgust towards morning (and being hungry, of course) seep out.

He simply gave her a curt nod and a mumbled "That's because we haven't." He didn't mean to be so rude to strangers - an old colleague used to preach that strangers were just friends you hadn't met yet - however, he just couldn't help it.

He's never been able to understand other people. Loathed to try, really. Sure, he could read them quicker than you could say his name, he had just never been able to connect with others, being unable to trust anyone he met. Though his boss had explained that he better start trying, it would make his job a whole lot easier if he was able to communicate with people as well as he could read them. So, like it or not, he wasn't going to start his day by pushing away this woman. Didn't mean he had to enjoy himself though...

~ Asriel ~

Asriel was taken aback by his straightforward attitude, but she always enjoyed cheering someone up if they were having a bad day. It was something about the smile that the person having a bad day got whenever she finally managed to cheer them up.

"Well of course. I just meant that we hadn't seen each other before. I don't mean to pry, but where are you on your way too? I'd love to tag along if you don't mind," she smiled as she spoke, extending her kindness a little further as he look liked he could use extra.

"I never caught your name. What is your name by the way? I don't want to call you guy or person, that's rude and you deserve more respect than that." As she spoke, her eyes beamed brightly and she smiled at him every time that she turned her head to get a good look at him.

If it wasn't for the 'I hate you all' vibe that he had, she would have left him be with the simple good morning, but she knew that any vibe like that just needed a friend to stick around. It was the one thing that she remembered her mother saying the most, and it was something that stuck with her greatly.

~ Brandon ~

Bran wasn't sure what this girl's angle was, but for the sake of his mission to stop pushing people away, he was willing to play along. He shrugged, keeping his pace as he pointed to the cafe they were approaching. "I won't stop you. Free country. But man's gotta eat."

In truth.. he couldn't remember the last time he had eaten at home, having not replenished his food supplies in some time. The store meant people and people meant annoyance. "Brandon," he said as he held the door open for her. He wasn't sure why he did, he just knew something about common curtesy and such.

Brandon couldn't tell why she was so happy and eager to know him - it's not like he'd given her reason to. But as he'd said, right now he couldn't care less. He needed food

~ Asriel ~

Asriel almost seemed to beam with pure excitement whenever he finally responded, her persistence to get to know him finally paying off. It brought her joy finally knowing what his voice sounded, as well as also having a name to place with the slightly hidden yet quite attractive face.

"Thank you, Brandon," she addressed him properly as she stepped through the door and smiled. "I probably shouldn't disturb you while you enjoy your meal, so if it would be easier on you I can part ways?" Her tone was soft as she spoke, her eyes almost seeming to glow as she looked to him for an answer. In truth, she didn't want to go, but seeing as she knew how important a meal was as well as the tone in his voice, she could grasp that he wanted to be alone for it.

Though Asriel enjoyed keeping people company, she also enjoyed keeping people happy, and if that meant that she would have to leave for it, she'd do it. And maybe they'd cross paths again anyway!

~ Brandon ~

Hell, this girl was confusing, he thought she wanted to stay? Upon entering the cafe, Bran pulled down his hood, and strode to stand in line to the counter. He faced the girl. Cute but... chirpy. He shrugged again, "Well you're here now. May as well stay." After a seconds thought, remembering his manners, he added (somewhat awkwardly), "Want anything?"

They moved forward a step, and it dawned on him then, "What did you say your name was?" He couldn't honestly remember if she had told him and he'd simply forgotten or if she had just been so genuinely pleased that she forgot to say. He had a habit of not paying attention to names. He had no need for them - usually when he was given a name it was a target.

Quite truthfully, right now all he could think about was two bacon sandwiches and a large cup of hot chocolate. He hated tea and coffee.

Asriel followed behind him into the line and smiled whenever he finally faced her, allowing the both of them to get good looks at each other. She took this time to speak while making eye contact.

"I was thinking of ordering hot chocolate and maybe a bagel breakfast sandwich, " she admitted honestly, a slight rumble coming from her stomach shortly after. Her hands gently rested on her stomach in a bit of embarrassment when realizing that she hadn't even finished the breakfast she made this morning. By now it was cold and it wouldn't be as delicious.

Bran put in a good point that she realized she hadn't even done. "Oh crap.. I can't believe I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Asriel." She smiled brightly, her bright green eyes sparkling with interest and excitement that they had engaged into conversation.

~ Brandon ~

Inching closer to the counter, Brandon nodded once then turned and ordered both their meals of choice. He ignored the loud rumble from her stomach, realising his own was making similar complaints.

"Asriel. Weird name." He realised this was rude, but he cared not for such technicalities. He had always been a very to the point kind of guy, unable to help it. He had been told once he had no filter, and he'd never figured out how to get one.

Bran slid the money across the counter and wandered off to find a table for them, anticipating the food being brought to them.

~ Asriel ~

Asriel followed behind him quietly, allowing him to order before she spoke again. She wanted to show that she wasn't going to cloud or rush him.

"I didn't think it was weird. To each their own I suppose." She spoke softly and shrugged a tad as she watched how conspicuous he was when paying. She was slightly irritated whenever he left her and drifted off to a table where she soon found herself sitting.

Something inside her stirred, and her irritation seemed to add to it. She gently shifted the way that she sat in order to make herself more comfortable.

"So, Brandon. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?" She smiled as she spoke and moved her hands as the brought over their order. She hoped that the meal and drink would warm him up as a person so that it wasn't like talking to cardboard.

Last edited:
~ Brandon ~

Brandon shrugged at the name thing - he'd just never hear it before was all. Once the food arrived, he cheered up, ever so slightly.

"19, almost 20. Why should I mind? I've never understood that - it's just a question, why do people et so offended." He scowled, yet another thing he had to try and understand. People were just alien to him, he couldn't keep up with their mood swings and their habit to lose their patience with him. It wasn't his fault he didn't understand. You try being brought up by paid killers and see how well your social skills develop.

He took a hearty bite, savouring the food. God that was worth the trip.

~ Asriel ~

Asriel's perkiness slowly started to fade, the same with the bright and cheeriness in her green eyes and soon she was taking small bites of her meal.

"Some people are just very sensitive about their ages. It isn't my fault that their old and stuff," she grumbled out with a small mouthful of food, her mood and personality almost perfectly matching his now. It's just what happens when someone rejects her positive personality so much.

"So what's your deal? You hardly speak, but when you do it's straight forward and almost rude sounding. Almost like you're plotting revenge on me because I killed your mother." Her tone was blunt, straight to the point, and had a real negative feel to it compared to her positive and happy one. To be fair, he wasn't exactly the nicest guy she had met.

~ Brandon ~

Bran immediately noticed her change of mood, though he couldn't figure out why. Not wanting to ruin her own mood (again not knowing why he'd feel that way) he decided to answer any questions she had.

"It's hardly my own fault. Just the way I was raised. My father was killed and my mother took off, leaving me to be raised by a guild of Assassins, so forgive me but people skills isn't something I have. I try but the Guild taught me emotions are useless, so I just never had any." He shrugged, as if this was the most common thing. He'd never much thought that it may be odd to outsiders, people who had been raised in the proper way.

"Maybe if you wanted to blend in more, you'd learn a tad about emotions. I'm sure if anyone was sent to kill you, they'd easily find you because you stick out like a sore thumb." She took a angry bite of her breakfast sandwich and shortly after took a drink of her hot chocolate.

She wasn't angry with him, but the personality currently interacting with him was much more rude as she didn't have a filter. She wasn't one that was told no often because whenever she was, the person would often go missing.

"Just a tip, when a pretty girl approaches you and wants to spend time with you and is completely fearless about your "job" or whatever the hell you call being an assassin, you be damn grateful. I wasn't trying to annoy you, but if I did, it's just the personality." She spoke again, this time letting the words roll. She was just far too bitter for her own good.

~ Brandon ~

Bran scowled at her. How dare she? "Excuse me, but I find it difficult ok? I just told you I've been trying to learn. It's hard for a guy like me. And I assure you, anyone who's been sent to kill me so far hasn't returned home successful - if I choose to let them go at all."

Her tone shift was beginning to bug him. He put up with her before because she was friendly, now she was being aggressive and he wasn't much in the mood for that this morning, giving his own hostile nature.

"Approach? You ambushed me and began to follow me. I allowed it - which is more than I do for anyone else, so think yourself lucky. I never said you'd annoyed me - this is just my personality, if it bothers you then there's the door." He pointed in that general direction.

In actuality he didn't want her to leave - though for the life of him he couldn't fathom why. But he wouldn't stop her if she did. It's what people did around him - sooner or later they all left him. He grew no attachments for that exact reason. It was futile.

~ Asriel ~

Asriel simply gave a shrug of her shoulders in response to his words, snorting a tad with a bit of a grin. "Chillax. I just wanted to see a different emotion out of you. It's bland seeing the same emotion stuck to someone's face. It's worse than R.B.F. Resting Bitch Face."

She continued to eat her breakfast from how hungry she was. Even just the way that she ate was different from before. "Seriously though. You were raised and trained by assassins? Or monks and turned into an assassin?" She grined evily, clearly intrigued in him.

~ Brandon ~

Bran hated her. Yet, no he didn't. He didn't usually care enough to react, so why he got so mad was beyond him. Though she seemed to be back to her usual self. "I don't care much for practical jokes. That was kinda mean from someone who not five minutes ago was exuding all the happiness known to earth."

Taking a bite out of his sandwich, he kept the exact look she just described - resting bitch face. "Assassins. They found me abandoned and took me in. The condition was that I work for them. Guess a 7/8 year old boy was handy for getting into certain places." He had been used on many mission as a kid, squirming into small places to spy on targets and such.

As he got older, his responsibilities grew in difficulty until he reached a point where he was just another nameless face blending into a crowd, waiting for the right moment to strike. Despite what Asriel had said, he was actually rather good at blending in. Just because he didn't understand emotions didn't mean he couldn't imitate them. And no, the fact that this made him a borderline psychopath was not a fact that went over his head.

~ Asriel ~

Asriel gave a shrug of her shoulders in response to his comment before returning her soft green eyes to look at him as he spoke. She wore a slightly confused expression in reference to the mean that he said, but she didn't want to seem to obvious that she couldn't recall what had been said.

"Seems about right with the Assassins. Someone has to do the work no one else can, so why not use a kid that would have died out the streets." She spoke softly and took another bite of her sandwich before finishing it off and relaxing back into the seat.

Her soft green eyes seemed to wonder what she could see of his body as if looking for some sort of mark or something to allow her to strike up a more.. Exciting topic that she would hope would loosen him up a tad. "So, you got any hobbies?"

~ Brandon ~

Bran frowned. He had never thought of it that way - that the assassins had technically saved his life. He had always viewed it as them seeing an opportunity and taking it, creating a win win situation for everyone involved. "Yeah... I guess you're right about that. Rather work for them than still living in orphanages and foster homes.."

"Hobbies?" He thought on it. He supposed his job didn't really count. "Fencing and music I guess. I don't really get much time for hobbies... Why? What do you like to do?" The question was out before he could stop himself. He couldn't help it, but Bran found himself genuinely interested - not that he'd admit it.

Asriel gave a soft smile at his changed expression and she noticed for the first time that he was showing an emotion. She couldn't contain her excitement as it dawned on her that he really was a person after all. "It created a win win for everyone. They save your life - a win for you - and give you a place to live - another win - and you work for them for the rest of your life - a win for them." She explained her point a bit more as her foot lightly tapped.

It wasn't until he mentioned his hobbies that she really perked up all the way again and the happiness that he had described earlier returned to her. "Music is just the best! I've only fenced a few times in my life and each time I lost or messed up." She seemed to spill every detail of her life without a worry in the world.

She pondered what to say next until she got an idea thag almost made her hop out of her seat. "What if you taught me how to fence? I'd love to learn! And.. It would give me a chance to see some of the assassin moves you've got."

~ Brandon ~

Brandon wasn't sure what was happening, but he found himself opening up to this girl. "Guess I got more out of it than them then huh?" Despite himself he chuckled a little, seeing the humour in the whole situation. He'd lived his life thinking they were just using him as a means to an end, never realising he'd been doing the same.

He blinked. Teach? Him? "Well, uh, I dunno. I mean I'm pretty good but I've never had to teach anyone before. It's kinda self taught, I don't even know any of the terms..." he found himself rambling and he just couldn't stop.

"I don't know any of the terms either. Besides, it's not like I'm going to go off and enroll in a fencing tournament and announce you as my teacher. I just want to learn and see you doing something that you like," she smiled a bit as she spoke, hoping that is was enough to encourage him. In all fairness, she wanted to better get to know him, but to do that he had to open up to let her.

She had been taught that the best way to get to know somebody is through something they liked, it was typically better if it was something mutual between the two people. It always added for better bonding because both people were able to let there guard down. Poor Asriel could only hope that it would be enough for her to finally break down an entire barrior - seeing as he had finally sort of laughed in front of her. That's always a good thing, right?

~ Brandon ~

Bran gave a small shrug, still unsure how great an idea this was. "Well, I guess, if you really wanna. I can't promise any major results though."

He'd never taught anyone anything in his life, let alone his favourite pass-time. He didn't particularly enjoy the idea of someone else entering his world, but for some reason he couldn't fathom, he just couldn't say no. He put it down to no one really caring before. Yeah, sure, that was it... right?

Feeling a sense of pride wash over her whenever he finally agreed, Asriel gave a nod of her head and offered an even brighter smile in response. "The only thing I will be expecting is you to show up," her tone pushed foward her subtle joke and she couldn't help but giggle the slightest in response.

Without realizing it, a good amount of time has slipped by, and witgout knowing just how much she lifted her phone from her basket and checked the time, her jaw dropping a bit and eyes widening as she quickly stood and pulled a small piece of paper from her little journal as well as a pen. From there, she wrote down her name and phone number and quickly handed it to him.

"I'm sorry to have to leave on such short notice but I'm currently late for taking my nana out for her daily exercise. Whenever you want to get together and fence, just give me a call with the time and place you want to meet and I promise I will be there. It was a pleasure to meet you, Brandon." Her words were rather rushed, but with her being late she didn't have much time to explain. Gathering up her trash, she briskly left the table and through the trash away before leaving the building and beginning to jog down the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back