• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern moved

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability

• intro

rose

Anna Tsuchiya

overview.

L

Phoenix, Arizona. August 2016.
    The sun was unrelenting, summer air sweltering and thick with humidity. With the garage door left open, sweat trickles down the backs of four boys as they pour heart and soul into their instruments. Once the last song comes to an end they scramble inside, relishing in the cool air. They praise one another for their sound, all agreeing to meet up again next week. THE STORYTELLER pauses and grins, “We’re going to make it big.”

Reno, Nevada. December 2016.
    The wind howls outside, blanketing the dirt and barren maple trees with bitter snow. With the windows shut tight and a fire crackling with warmth, four boys huddle together on the living room floor. They talk about everything and nothing all at once, hours passing by. What did they want to do? Who did they want to be? Would they still be friends after graduation? THE FIRECRACKER hesitates before clearing his throat, “Let’s start a band.”

Los Angeles, California. March 2022.
    THE STORYTELLER
    was right. They were going to make it big. The band makes their move to the City of Angels, but problems with their bassist begin to arise. THE SNAKE happens to see a video of a small town band from Reno and formulates a plan, reaching out to THE DESERTER to recruit him. He declines, but eventually THE RELIABLE convinces his friend to chase his dreams and six months later THE DESERTER is on a bus to Los Angeles.

Reno, Nevada. November 2022.
    With his lover and bassist gone, THE FIRECRACKER is heartbroken. The band crumbles and no matter what THE HEIR does, it can’t be fixed. The three of them drift apart and go their separate ways, lives turning a dull shade of gray without the music and passion they’d all held dear for the last six years. THE RELIABLE stays in touch with his friend in Los Angeles, but the rest of the band is unaware of his influence on THE DESERTER’s decision.

Los Angeles, California. October 2023.
    It happens out of the blue. Something stirs in THE FIRECRACKER and he demands the band get back together. They arrived in the city three weeks ago, unprepared but full of hope and determination. Meanwhile, THE STORYTELLER’s words continue to ring true as the band soars to new heights. They fight tooth and nail everyday to earn recognition, never a moment for doubt as they strive for greatness and play their music for anyone who will listen.

In the heart of the City of Angels, a twist of fate will bring together two bands, eight beating hearts, and change their lives as they know it forever. We will bear witness to their struggles as they reach for the top, desperate to leave their mark on the world. Their music, their passion, and their determination will keep them pushing forward. But it’s their fears, their insecurities, and their sorrows that will threaten to shatter these dreams.

This is a story of pain and heartbreak, of joy and happiness, and of the words left unspoken.

intro

roles

rules

i need your love,

i'm a
broken rose

inspo

nana, given

status

accepting

gms

cwosont

spots open

1/8

question

answer

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

unspoken

applications

application info.

for apps -
name, role, face claim
brief description of personality
brief backstory overview

for cs -
name, role, face claim
description of personality
backstory overview
insight into their physical characteristics, some of their hobbies, fears, dreams, etc. feel free to elaborate on this how you want and use my cs as an example if needed.

roles.

the firecracker

taken

THE FIRECRACKER has always been a force to be reckoned with, overflowing with creativity and passion. He pulled everyone he met into his orbit, inspiring them with the sheer power of his voice and commitment to his dream. THE HEIR was his biggest supporter and best friend growing up, as well as the one to introduce him to THE RELIABLE and THE DESERTER. Together they formed a band, spending the next few years working towards their big break. It was during this time that THE FIRECRACKER fell for THE DESERTER, only to have his heart broken when he ended things between them and left. The band fell apart shortly after and THE RELIABLE became a crutch for him as he descended into turmoil. Nothing that THE HEIR said could get him out of it. A year later, he struggles to look at THE BABY without wishing he were someone else.
ALEC MALLEN 22 VOCALIST & GUITARIST PLAYED BY Skryeb Skryeb

the heir

taken

THE HEIR had a business waiting for him after college, his path having already been laid out for him since childhood. Music became an escape from his suffocating reality, but in time it became less of a hobby and more of a dream. THE FIRECRACKER inspired him to set aside his parent’s plans and as a naive teenage boy, he really believed he could. THE HEIR has considered THE DESERTER to be a close friend and when he left, it felt like a betrayal. He became at odds with THE RELIABLE and his nonchalant response to the whole situation. What really solidified that everything was falling apart, however, was THE FIRECRACKER pushing him away. It was what hurt the most. He was skeptical when talks of reviving the band came up, but after welcoming THE BABY not only into the band, but his home, there was no more denying it. This was his last chance.
LUCAS PARK 22 LEAD GUITARIST PLAYED BY nyxievous nyxievous

the reliable

taken

THE RELIABLE could be described as someone who had everything in order, seemingly perfect in every way. Beneath the surface, he struggled. Taking care of other people led to him ignoring his own needs, edging him closer to a breakdown. He was given an outlet when he discovered the drums, a way to express everything he was holding back. It was always a hobby for him, even when THE FIRECRACKER started a band. THE RELIABLE didn’t blame THE DESERTER for leaving, in fact he was the one who encouraged him to do what he needed. Although the others are unaware, his attitude still created tension between him and THE HEIR that lingers to this day. He’s been keeping a close eye on THE FIRECRACKER since the break up, but it’s caused strain on his own mental health. THE BABY is just another weight on his shoulders, as he seems to be the only one picking up on his unhealthy habits.
TARO MORITA 22 DRUMMER PLAYED BY kunikuzushi kunikuzushi

the baby

taken

Born into poverty, THE BABY wasn’t planned and his parents struggled to care for him. He was wild and untameable, causing more trouble than anything else. Music became a conduit for his potential, bringing out a genius in him that was never expected. Unfortunately with the odds stacked against him, THE BABY ultimately ran away to Los Angeles a year ago and struggled to stay afloat. When THE HEIR found him playing on the street and suggested trying out for the band, THE BABY jumped at the opportunity. He’s since moved in with THE HEIR and is eager to befriend THE FIRECRACKER, blissfully unaware of his struggles. He has a feeling THE RELIABLE is onto him and is intent on putting on a show, he doesn’t want the band to drop him because of his demons. He met THE DESERTER on the bus ride to Los Angeles a year ago, but the two haven’t seen each other since.
WREN RICKENBACKER 19 BASSIST & BACK-UP VOCALIST PLAYED BY cwosont cwosont

the storyteller

open

THE STORYTELLER had a storm brewing inside of them, raging on until the rain came pouring out. He turned to music and song writing to express himself. He sang about love, heartbreak, his struggles, and sometimes even the moments of happiness. Others around him connected so deeply to his songs, he had a way with making it all feel so raw and real. THE SNAKE has been there with him through thick and thin, but together they can be toxic with their on and off fling. THE OLD SOUL was drawn to his music and with each other’s help they compose most of the band’s songs. It took time for THE DESERTER to grow on him, but now they’re steadfast friends.
CHARACTER NAME 22 VOCALIST & GUITARIST PLAYED BY

the snake

taken

THE SNAKE learned that the only way to make it in this world was to be cold and calculating, always one step ahead of everyone else. Deceit and manipulation comes naturally to him. He’s been able to avoid most of the pain and heartache that plague so many people in his life. THE SNAKE has no interest in being vulnerable, all he wants is to rise to the top until he’s untouchable. THE STORYTELLER is the only person who has seen him crack, the two have always been close but deep down they’re hurting each other. THE OLD SOUL is unaffected by the snake’s lies, he always sees right through them. He guilt trips THE DESERTER, always reminding him of his betrayal.
MISAEL RUIZ 22 LEAD GUITARIST & BACK-UP VOCALIST PLAYED BY mizton mizton

the old soul

taken

A musical prodigy since he was just a boy, THE OLD SOUL has dabbled in a number of musical genres such as jazz and classical. Until he joined the band, metal or rock wasn’t really one of them. It’s been an adjustment, but THE OLD SOUL is surprised by how much fun he’s actually been having since he joined. He plays a heavy hand in composing the band’s music with the help of THE STORYTELLER and together the two create magic. He’s noticed THE SNAKE’s deceit for a long time now, but has no intention of allowing himself to be manipulated by him. He was the most welcoming of THE DESERTER, eager to pick another musician’s brain for inspiration.
CALUM HIGA 22 DRUMMER PLAYED BY ven ven

the deserter

taken

Playing in front of a sold out show has always been a dream of THE DESERTER’s, rock music may as well be the blood running through his veins. He was eager to be in a band, but none of them worked out until THE FIRECRACKER finally brought everyone together. Yet at the rate they were going, it felt as though they would never make it. When THE SNAKE reached out to him, he was hesitant. He loved his band, but THE RELIABLE convinced him that he needed to chase his dreams. THE STORYTELLER was one of the first he wanted to prove himself to, now he’s relieved to call him a friend. He thinks THE OLD SOUL is brilliant and feeds off of his creative energy. He misses his friendship with THE HEIR, but he doesn’t dare hope to be forgiven. He’s thankful that THE RELIABLE has kept up his support, even if he feels guilty for putting him in the position he’s in. He met THE BABY on a bus to Los Angeles a year ago KAI HARRIS 22 BASSIST PLAYED BY leviohsa leviohsa

extra information.

For face claims: We will be using illustrated images with semi-realistic art styles. These will be rock and metal bands, so keep that in mind while choosing a face. Please avoid anything that leans too heavily towards hyper realistic or super anime leaning (comically large eyes, pointy chins, etc.). I also ask that we avoid using any popular anime/game characters to avoid personal bias from anyone in the roleplay.

For characters: Please use the role descriptions as a base for your character. It is highly encouraged for you to expand beyond what is written, within reason. Just remember that this is a group roleplay and so they must be capable of interacting with the rest of the cast without any big issues.

this is a bullet point.
two lines

this is a bullet point.
two lines

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

wren rickenbacker.

scroll

wren

the baby

ㅎㅎ

full name

wren "rickenbacker"

nineteen

sexuality

pansexual

• snuff.

"Bury all your secrets in my skin. Come away with innocence, and leave me with my sins."

♡coded by uxie♡

general
    Alec
    Name
    Alec Mallen
    sexuality
    Gay
    date of birth
    February 5th, 2001
    place of birth
    Reno, Nevada
    "Hey, beat me up like a pastime"
    role
    The Firecracker

music inspo

Lose Control, Mammoth WVH, Falling in Reverse

quotes

"What would you say if I threw this away? Is it really worth being right?" Epiphany - Mammoth WVH
    "How's it feel when lies become natural? I bet it feels comfortable. To me me it's just laughable." When Lies Become Natural - Lose Control

Player
    Sky
left

the heir

Lead Guitarist

• requisite.

full name

Lucas Park

role

the heir

p.o.b

seoul, korea

sexuality

bisexual

d.o.b

jan 9th

male (he/him)

visage.

scroll

height

6'0''

hair colour

black, skunk dyed

eye colour

reddish brown

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

the deserter.

scroll

kai

the bass

ㅎㅎ

full name

Christopher "Kai" Harris

sexuality

bisexual

• dreamer.

I thought I knew better, I thought it would get better. I figured somehow by now, I would have got it together...

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

the reliable.

scroll

taro

the
reliable

ㅎㅎ

full name

taro morita

sexuality

bisexual

male

d.o.b.

February 14

• alone.

hey dad would you show up for me? just to bury your little boy in the ground, you broke my heart when you left me

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

the old soul. (app)

scroll

Calum

old soul

ㅎㅎ

full name

Calum Higa

Twenty-Two

sexuality

Bisexual

• a word.

some more words that are somewhat related to that big word and sounds kind of philosophical.

♡coded by uxie♡

general
    Momo
    full name
    Mortimer "Momo" Morozov
    sexuality
    pansexual
    date of birth
    july 23, 2001
    place of birth
    saint petersburg, russia
    the storyteller