Other Unpopular Opinions

Majo Taisen is much better than Shuumatsu No Valkyrie.

The fights are more consistant quality-wise, the magic the characters possesses make the fights more interesting and the characters have better motivations for joining the tournament.

Also, while both mangas have what can generously be described as a very loose interpretation of the historical figures their characters are based on, Majo Taisen at least has yet to completely miss the point of a character in the way that Shuumatsu No Valkyrie did with Buddha.

Unpopular Opinion: I feel like people on the internet are used to this general air of light self deprecation and faux-depression, and are more than happy to claim that they’ve been through suffering, but when they meet someone who genuinely hates themselves and breaks down because of their emotional instability they have to rationalize it. They think in their heads “there’s no way someone could have these emotions to this extent.” And so they invalidate someone’s feelings by calling it manipulative and insulting them via accusational conjecture. Or they get uncomfortable because they can’t deal with the stark reality that some people really don’t wanna be on this earth and it leaks into everything they do. And those people that can’t deal with it send even more hate towards people who are already hurting. Which just confirms their fears of being hated. It’s a vicious cycle created by people who are hurt not getting the help they need. But for some people, that help simply doesn’t exist. For me It’s a really unfortunate fact of life that people are so interested in surrounding themselves with those they think are “healthy” mentally, that they shun and degrade those who aren’t.

not a fan of supplements. I think they're important if you're deficient, but selling to the general public failing to deliver on promises, overcharging, and preying on people who just genuinely want to better their health...? ba humbug!

Kane's is incredibly overrated. I have tried their chicken multiple times and just didn't find it satisfying. It was really dry and overcooked all the times that I tried it. They do have really good sauce though and I enjoy their bread; I'm just not a fan of the chicken.

i don’t know if this is that unpopular, or if i just haven’t seen people talking about it: roleplaying feels so dead. obviously because ghosting seems much more common than it used to be, in my experience, but it also feels like there just aren’t many quality writers anymore. they’re hard to come by, harder to keep.

i feel like my own writing has suffered recently, i just have no inspiration it motivation anymore, but it feels hard to let go. i miss writing, but i just can’t write anymore, everything i write feels flat, overdone, repetitive.

i’d even go as far as saying that it has something to do with the overall state of literature today — i mean, i can’t remember the last time i read a genuinely good, heart-wrenching, thought-provoking book published in the last decade. maybe i’m not looking in the right spots, or putting forth enough effort, but i dunno, i miss rping.
267A3167-3BE4-4646-9C3A-DF3A8126347A.jpeg

i don’t know if this is that unpopular, or if i just haven’t seen people talking about it: roleplaying feels so dead. obviously because ghosting seems much more common than it used to be, in my experience, but it also feels like there just aren’t many quality writers anymore. they’re hard to come by, harder to keep.

i feel like my own writing has suffered recently, i just have no inspiration it motivation anymore, but it feels hard to let go. i miss writing, but i just can’t write anymore, everything i write feels flat, overdone, repetitive.

i’d even go as far as saying that it has something to do with the overall state of literature today — i mean, i can’t remember the last time i read a genuinely good, heart-wrenching, thought-provoking book published in the last decade. maybe i’m not looking in the right spots, or putting forth enough effort, but i dunno, i miss rping.
View attachment 1111615
There's still good books being published, I promise you. You just need to know where to look.

But yes, you're not wrong that things have definitely changed over the years. I think it's related to the fact that access to mass media meant to be quickly consumed like Tik Tok and Instagram has significantly lowered everyone's attention span. For the same reason pop songs are becoming much shorter.

There's still good books being published, I promise you. You just need to know where to look.

But yes, you're not wrong that things have definitely changed over the years. I think it's related to the fact that access to mass media meant to be quickly consumed like Tik Tok and Instagram has significantly lowered everyone's attention span. For the same reason pop songs are becoming much shorter.
for sure. do you have any book recs? any genre, but especially fantasy or horror! i’d just like to read something new tbh.

for sure. do you have any book recs? any genre, but especially fantasy or horror! i’d just like to read something new tbh.
Sadly, not off the top of my head as I've been slacking a lot on reading recently. My mental health hasn't really been great due to a lot of irl issues I'm going through. I wish I could suggest something, though.

drinking black/unsweetened coffee does not make you tough as nails

We do not need to discuss whether codes/decorative text are bad every month. It's so trite and nobody ever has something new to say.

Honestly, yes.

I would prefer it to be too cold rather than too warm because I can put layers on and warm up some stuff to warm me up from inside and outside. But when it's too cold and you're already basically in the nude, where the heck do you go from there? Gonna rub ice cubes all over your body, or something?

At the same time, I don't really like either -- I enjoy a happy middle ground and don't like to stray from that.

---

My unpopular (?) opinion for today would be that caramel looks and tastes bad. At least, I presume this is an unpopular opinion because of the sheer number of sweets that have caramel in them.

Taylor Swift consistently produces the most aggressively boring songs I've ever heard in my life and I don't understand how it rouses genuine emotion in anyone. It all sounds the same to me??? Literally elevator music??? What offends me the most is how dramatic the lyrics are vs. how milquetoast & sanitised the actual music is. It's the equivalent of unseasoned chicken

I recently read Tender is the Flesh by Agustina Bazterrica. It has an intriguing writing style and it's definitely thought-provoking!

Taylor Swift consistently produces the most aggressively boring songs I've ever heard in my life and I don't understand how it rouses genuine emotion in anyone. It all sounds the same to me??? Literally elevator music??? What offends me the most is how dramatic the lyrics are vs. how milquetoast & sanitised the actual music is. It's the equivalent of unseasoned chicken
I never understood the Taylor Swift hype either. Then again, I'm not into the vast majority of pop music. It's just mass produced garbage for the most part. There's very little of the artists' actual heart and soul poured into it.

Rap music in general is not music, in my opinion. Nothing musical about it. Just a bunch of edgy rants said out loud, with some background noise on in the background.

Rap music in general is not music, in my opinion. Nothing musical about it. Just a bunch of edgy rants said out loud, with some background noise on in the background.
So… there’s nothing musical about rhythm? Instrumentation? Composition? Lyrics? Hell, a lot of rap and hip hop literally samples other music. A lot of it incorporates singing. It might not be a style of musical expression that vibes with you, but it’s definitely music.

Ok I’m sorry but I hate chocolate. It tastes bad and it looks disgusting. That’s my unpopular opinion. I’m the only one I know who doesn’t love chocolate haha.

So… there’s nothing musical about rhythm? Instrumentation? Composition? Lyrics? Hell, a lot of rap and hip hop literally samples other music. A lot of it incorporates singing. It might not be a style of musical expression that vibes with you, but it’s definitely music.
In my equally hot take on this issue I'll say that a lot of the "rap is not real music" rhetoric is probably rooted in racism as rap is predominantly black.

In my equally hot take on this issue I'll say that a lot of the "rap is not real music" rhetoric is probably rooted in racism as rap is predominantly black.
So is stuff like funk, soul or r'n'b and I don't see nearly as many people hating those. I think it's more that most people expect music to have a catchy tune you can wake up stuck with in your head. A lot of rap doesn't really deliver that.

I'd say a similar number of people (likely more) hate metal because "it's just noise" and that genre has fairly few people of colour in it, so I'm not sure we can pin this particular thing on racism, as tempting as it may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back