Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinions, eh? LGBT are mental disorders that, due to media sensationalism and whatnot, scientists aren't being allowed to develop a cure for. Now, keep in mind that this is a mere disorder. not a disease, not a disability, just a harmless disorder due to a few chemical differences. Some disorders, such as a few on the autism spectrum, can actually lead to some pretty brilliant (if potentially eccentric) people. LGBT on the other hand... has only lead to media sensationalism and controversy and hence hence we should probably just let the scientists do their thing and shut up about the whole concept of LGBT...

Unpopular opinions, eh? LGBT are mental disorders that, due to media sensationalism and whatnot, scientists aren't being allowed to develop a cure for. Now, keep in mind that this is a mere disorder. not a disease, not a disability, just a harmless disorder due to a few chemical differences.

My own unpopular opinion:

Sexuality is developed throughout life due to a combination of biological and environmental factors and has the potential to change. No sexual orientation is caused by disease or chemical imbalance. If that was the case, science would be able to remove my attraction to girls by now... while still keeping me perfectly fertile and attracted to guys.

It is developed throughout life rather than being genetic, however, in the end it IS still a few atypical chemicals here and there. the reason science can't remove your attraction to girls is because the controversy around LGBT means that they're not actually allowed to research the subject further, if anyone would be willing to fund it anyways. I do feel i should mention that many years ago they did actually develop working 'gay bombs' for use in chemical warfare... before chemical warfare got generally banned, anyways. i don't remember them actually being practical to mass produce or anything, but they DID exist and they DID function quite well.

Most if not all sports have a lot of strategy involved. Its not just a bunch of people running around just for shit & giggles.

Unpopular opinions, eh? LGBT are mental disorders that, due to media sensationalism and whatnot, scientists aren't being allowed to develop a cure for. Now, keep in mind that this is a mere disorder. not a disease, not a disability, just a harmless disorder due to a few chemical differences. Some disorders, such as a few on the autism spectrum, can actually lead to some pretty brilliant (if potentially eccentric) people. LGBT on the other hand... has only lead to media sensationalism and controversy and hence hence we should probably just let the scientists do their thing and shut up about the whole concept of LGBT...
That's not scientificly accurate information there, friend. At least not 100 percent accurate.

There is gender dysphoria, which has been scientificly proven to be the disorder asociated with transgenderism, (so that covers the T part of LGBT) but here hasn't been any solid scientific data to explain why homosexuality happens. Mostly just theories at this point.

Last edited:
That's not scientificly accurate information there, friend. At least not 100 percent accurate.

There is gender dysphoria, which has been scientificly proven, but outside of that there hasn't been any solid scientific data to explain why homosexuality happens. Mostly just theories at this point.
Gender dysphoria is a gender identify disorder by the way. More or less transgenderism.

It is developed throughout life rather than being genetic, however, in the end it IS still a few atypical chemicals here and there. the reason science can't remove your attraction to girls is because the controversy around LGBT means that they're not actually allowed to research the subject further, if anyone would be willing to fund it anyways. I do feel i should mention that many years ago they did actually develop working 'gay bombs' for use in chemical warfare... before chemical warfare got generally banned, anyways. i don't remember them actually being practical to mass produce or anything, but they DID exist and they DID function quite well.

I respect your ability to stand your ground. Not trying to attack you or start an argument here, but might I get your sources? I have an obsession with history, technology, learning new things, and verifying sources.

I sincerely hope you don't mean old "treatments"... I somehow don't think I'd survive being "cured" of my sexuality... you'd have to shut down part of my brain first. Apparently brainwashing doesn't do it as I was forced to sit 8 hours a day for a few weeks typing a paper denouncing my own sexuality... and I still get the urge to ask cute girls out sometimes.

To be perfectly honest? i'm just going on hearsay and cursory google searches. my scientific interests lie in other fields, so it's nothing i've bothered researching past my own common sense. on just a common sense basis, though, there's no real reason why they can't cure things like Gender Dysphoria and whatnot if they can cure other mental disorders. the only thing really getting in the way is media sensationalism. although that also being said... the only thing causing LGBT to really be a problem IS media sensationalism, so if people would stop milking the subject we probably wouldn't need a 'cure'.

Intersexed children have a unique gender and should be allowed to develop normally and choose their own identity. Any and all surgery not necessary to the child's survival should be prohibited until the child chooses his or her own gender identity without compulsion.

Gender Identity should be chosen by each individual.

To be perfectly honest? i'm just going on hearsay and cursory google searches. my scientific interests lie in other fields, so it's nothing i've bothered researching past my own common sense. on just a common sense basis, though, there's no real reason why they can't cure things like Gender Dysphoria and whatnot if they can cure other mental disorders. the only thing really getting in the way is media sensationalism. although that also being said... the only thing causing LGBT to really be a problem IS media sensationalism, so if people would stop milking the subject we probably wouldn't need a 'cure'.

Google cannot be fully trusted, as it once told me to get my nonexistent prostate checked.

Intersexed children have a unique gender and should be allowed to develop normally and choose their own identity. Any and all surgery not necessary to the child's survival should be prohibited until the child chooses his or her own gender identity without compulsion.

Gender Identity should be chosen by each individual.
and this is part of it... there's legit no reason why any sane person would identify as an Apache Attack Helicopter, to use that old shitpost as an example. Biologically, you're either male, or you're female. we've already covered that gender dysphoria is a potentially curable disorder. anything beyond that is just people being delusional and ignoring reality.

Google cannot be fully trusted, as it once told me to get my nonexistent prostate checked.
as far as this... eh, yeah. i'd agree that no single thing on the internet is likely to be 100% accurate. as i mentioned earlier, it's not within my fields of interest, so i didn't bother pursuing it further.

It would be nice to have some trans or nonbinary people share their thoughts here as I feel it is impossible to truly understand what I have never personally experienced.

Another music related unpopular(?) opinion.
Not all, nor even most, anime music is by default Nightcore. Nightcore isn't even technically a genre, it's just sped up songs.
Additionaly, Nightcore itself is neither as good as some say nor as bad as others would like people to believe. It all just depends entirely on the song.

Unpopular opinion:

Psychosocial by Slipknot is a perfectly acceptable song to sing to your mom if she is phone stalking you, but you're not going to block the number.

Another music related unpopular(?) opinion.
Not all, nor even most, anime music is by default Nightcore. Nightcore isn't even technically a genre, it's just sped up songs.
Additionaly, Nightcore itself is neither as good as some say nor as bad as others would like people to believe. It all just depends entirely on the song.
Wow, it's like the quality of music depends on the artist and not the genre. Who would have thought.

Like Foolish Ghoul Foolish Ghoul said, gender dysphoria is a legitimate disorder, but I can't say the same for homo/bisexuality. Is there a biological basis for it? Yes, of course. Research has found, for example, that gay men's brains are actually feminised to some extent, and that they are more similar to the female brain than the male brain. However, I take issue with calling it a disorder because something being a disorder necessitates that your behaviour is affected to the extent that it leads to poor functioning in life. I don't think that's necessarily true -- especially not in most of today's (Western) society, and things are only getting better everyday. To me, saying homo/bisexuality is a disorder is like saying having red hair is a disorder. It's just a trait. No more.

Edit to say that there is a lot of research going on about sexuality, so I don't think media sensationalism is doing anything to hinder it. If anything, it's fueling interest (and thereby funding!) in the topic.

As far as i'm concerned, a disorder is anything that's biologically natural but not 'normal'. red hair and whatnot... it may not be a common hair color, but it's still completely 'normal'. hence why i said that LGBT is not a disease and is not a disability, it's just a relatively harmless disorder.

Trans people are just as smart and fit for modern society as cis people, and are on the same mental footing as everyone else.

Another unpopular opinion:

It is perfectly okay for a man to love an older or taller woman, as long as both are of age and all activities are consensual.

...again, you're misreading. it's natural but not 'normal'. after all, two guys can't have kids. oh sure, they can raise 'em, but they can't biologically have kids, so it's not 'normal'

Well, I can see that a discussion is going on, so I'll save my addition to this thread for later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back