Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been simultaneously insulted and amused by a thread before.

Unpopular Opinion: I too think Twilight wasn't that bad of a book. Okay, it wasn't a masterpiece, but my biggest problem with it is that it was extremely boring. I read the whole thing start to finish and not once was I entertained by it. Plus it plunged the whole young adult paranormal genera into a dark age of sorts where they were all trying to copy Twilight's formula and suffered greatly because of it.

I've never seen GoT. I don't care about most of the Disney princesses. Pineapple belongs on pizza. Coffee is best with lots of espresso and lots of creamer and sugar. Arby's is gross. Battlefield 1 is a calculated waste of money (story, 10. gun specs, lmfao).

Burger King used to be really good until they changed something in their cooking method, now everything I have ever gotten from there has literally made me vomit. I will never eat at Burger King again.

Discussions about anything related to vehicles is something I don't know and don't want to talk about.
Pineapple belongs on pizza
Halo is better than Call of Duty by leagues related to story, but isn't better or worse in gameplay; it's just different. Less fast, less enemies to kill, etc, but the enemies you do face take longer to kill and, therefore, usually present a bit more of a challenge.
The KKK and Neo-Nazi organizations are not terrorist organizations (*>YET<*), since they didn't back up or agree with the terrorist in Charlottesville.
The term "lynching" is becoming a buzzword. Murders in an attempt to punish someone (likely unfairly) are lynches; killing minorities because of their race is a race crime. There's a difference, but both are disgusting.
Light was in the right #Kira #newworld #maketheworldgreatagain
Communism and fascism are just as bad as each other.
Israel should be able to hold the land they're on. They were there first.
Every religion, even my own, is capable of religious-based violence. But not all religions are misinterpreted to create said violence.
I'm looking at you,
Aztecs
The success of a monarchy, maybe 8 times out of 10, depends on the monarch. See Caesar Augustus. See Nero.
With the knowledge I have, I am against starting a war with North Korea as it stands. Seoul's within arty range.

Journalism was never good.
Palestine should stop trying to get independence from Israel.
Morocco owns Western Sahara.
Multi-Country organizations working for unity cannot work. cough United Nations.
Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon is good despite the obvious nostalgia pandering and childish humour.

Journalism about micro aggressions and finding everything offensive, isn't written in earnest but to create controversy and generate money.
NASCAR and Formula 1 are equally entertaining
I am not responsible for the actions of people who are long dead and not related to me in any way.
Kale isn't that bad
The Walking dead has always been terrible
Attack on Titan sucked right after episode 5 and it became another mary sue induced anime
Mushroom pizza vs pineapple pizza is the only race war worth fighting in

Yeah; to branch off that, it's my belief that whenever someone protests against getting rid of some sort of symbol of an evil, it's not because they want to honor the evil or want the evil to return, it's because they want us to remember that the evil happened, and it's because they believe that preserving that symbol, of sorts, of evil will warn people not to take the symbol lightly or even forget about it, lest the evil return and we not notice.
Which is why we should preserve the sections of the Berlin Wall, the Confederate statues, the scavenged Nazi regalia, the Communist flags, the "Colored Only" train cars, and some of the rubble from the Twin Towers. It's not to celebrate the Berliners being torn apart, the African-Americans horribly oppressed, the holocaust and insane war, the gulags and the fear and the silence and the death, the African-Americans still unfairly oppressed, and the innocent civilians who came crashing down with the Towers, the E wing, and Flight 93. It's to remind people that there is evil in the world, and hiding from it hasn't helped.

Ofc there's also racists who want to parade around with Nazi flags in complete seriousness. cue facepalm
And if there's an explicitly [term as applicable{racist, anti-Semite, sexist...}] memorial saying something like "Rest in Peace brave white men fighting against the liberation of [African Americans]," then, um, that's not warning future generations, and I see no problems with its removal.

tl;dr unless explicitly stupid, the things that were used by bad people should be preserved as a warning to good people that bad people exist and should be watched out for. So when you knock down a statue, you're knocking down a warning sign for future generations.

To continue that, when I see something such as the Confederate flag (not the actual flag. The flag that everyone thinks is the Confederate flag), it's really just paying homage to the soldiers who had died on that side of the conflict.

To follow that train, those were Americans that died. The whole war was for them separate, and since they lost, that means they were Americans that died. Therefore, the flag does symbolize American deaths.
And
The flag also symbolizes other things. It symbolizes southern heritage, freedom to secede (pretty much the ultimate freedom), and slavery. There is good (see 1st) and there is bad (see last).

To follow that train, those were Americans that died. The whole war was for them separate, and since they lost, that means they were Americans that died. Therefore, the flag does symbolize American deaths.
And
The flag also symbolizes other things. It symbolizes southern heritage, freedom to secede (pretty much the ultimate freedom), and slavery. There is good (see 1st) and there is bad (see last).
That's.....a really interesting way of putting it.

Thank you!
I think...
I don't know if that's an insult, compliment, or something in between, so I don't know how to respond.
Uh
Like your avatar! :closed eyes open smile:
A compliment haha. Because I hadn't thought of it like that until I read your comment. And thanks!

Alsooo really don't like rollercoasters or amusement parks of any type. mayybbee with an exception for the harry potter one in orlando. but i've never been, so who knows. might hate it haha

Alsooo really don't like rollercoasters or amusement parks of any type. mayybbee with an exception for the harry potter one in orlando. but i've never been, so who knows. might hate it haha
Me too ahhh
I don't like roller coasters and all the other rides are pretty boring and everything else costs my life savings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back