• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unnatural Academy

TheAdept

One Thousand Club
As the sun had not risen one breezy morning, a mysterious fishing boat left the coast of Oregon. Where was it going? Not even the passengers aboard knew. Perhaps they were going to a spot far out in the ocean where the crew would slaughter them. They hoped, however, that they were off to a place most humans could never see.

One passenger sat in the very middle of the boat, staring at the ground so as to avoid motion sickness. He endured the stench of the gasoline and the smell of the bait, which hung in the air despite being kept in a cooler below deck. The boat, though it's motor running slower than before, was still moving steadily forward over the ocean where now no land was in sight.

Then the passenger could take it no longer. The young, blonde gentleman felt his breakfast from that morning and his dinner from the night before rushing upwards through his esophagus. He rushed immediately to the side of the boat, as chunks were blowing out of his mouth and over the railing into the sea.

This passenger, was Joseph Mikkish Callanhad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Osto observed the man vomit with passing interest. He didn't care about it much. All he cared about was reaching his full potential.

I wonder....Osto's thoughts brought him the realization that the sick passenger could be strong enough for him to test himself against. Did he want to test himself against him? Osto decided not. He was a boat at the moment, and did not want to drag others into any such battle. That would be a dishonour.

Osto just relaxed against the ship's railing. He could challenage the lad later. Right now, he would take stock of the ships members, and learned which would be able to help him reach his full potential.

Still, he should at least learn there names. He glided towards the man, and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Greetings," Osto began. "I am Osto. What is your name?"

Jessy glanced up at the darkened sky and blinked, her face expressionless as she said loud enough for the people who where right next to her to hear "It looks like it is going to rain". She looked back down at the deck below her feet and pulled er hood on casting a shadow over her face she pushed her hands into her jacket pockets, only half ignoring the guy who had thrown up...mainly paying attention to the guys who kept staring at each person on the boat, when he introduced himself to Vomit boy she decided it was best if she asked why Stalker there was staring instead of making assumptions. Quietly she made her way over and stood just about two feet away from the two watching for a moment so Vomit boy could answer Stalker's question

"Jeez man," Mikkish said "What a great tiem to introduce yourself to someone: while he is vomiting." Mikkish did his best to hide that he was vomiting, and it resulted in no vomit getting on himself, and only a little left over on his upper lip, which he wiped off. "Its been a boring ride, though, so alright. My name is Mikkish." He extended his fist for a bump, and gave a genuine smile. He noticed the black haired girl (Jessy) in his peripheral vision, and planned on talking to her next.

But Mikkish grew impatient pretty quick, and lowed his hand, turning then to Jessy.

"Hey wassup? I'm Mikkish. So how did you find yourself on this boat?" He asked, with the same warm smile he gave Osto

I was standing near the back of the boat, staring out to the where the shore had been a while ago. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, I felt anxious at what was to come. I mean... a magical school? That's kind of hard to believe. However, it did explain a lot that had gone on in my life. "Calm down Joe, it's alright." I opened my eyes and turned away from the ocean and grabbed my suitcase and archery bag and walked to the center of the boat, I saw three people talking and then went to the front of the ship and leaned against the rails, waiting to see the island.

And then, on the horizon of the vast, glimmering ocean, an island came into focus. It looked amazing, almost unreal, even from such a distance. It seemed a U shaped island, with mountain reaching up to the sky in the back and thick jungles filling everything else.

Then before anyone knew it, they were close enough that the sandy white coastline seemed to reach out forever. This was because they were now in a huge bay, and details of the lively trees could now be better seen, as the sun peaked back out from behind the clouds. In the distance, they could also see more clearly, that an amazingly big city waited for them right on the shore they were headed to.

What just happened? Osto felt rather confused by what this Mikkish had done. The boy seemed strong, yet unfocused in a way. Osto also noted the girl he was now talking to. He was defiantly one of those flirty kinds of men.

Osto sighed. He elected to continue this conversation.

Following Mikkish, he studied the girl. She seemed young, and had black hair. Osto held out a hand, and addressed her.

"My name is Osto. If any of you are wondering, my name means bone in latin. I chose it for myself."

Osto was considering showing them his power. Then he noticed the island. The city shined, with bones of steel and metal. Osto knew immediately that he would find people who could help him to reach his full potential. He had to. His honour demanded it.

I couldn't help but take an involuntary gasp at the scenery before me. "Wow... it's beautiful." I muttered softly to myself. I couldn't wait to learn whatever they had to offer. Maybe my abilities could be used to help a lot of people... I turned back around and looked at everyone who was standing here on the boat with me. My future classmates. It would definitely be an interesting few years to come.

Jessy blinked and looked from hand to hand and then to the two boys faces, she didn't really know who's hand to shake first so she shrugged and compromised, crossing her hers she shook both their hands and quickly pulled away " Jessy, Jessy Hills " she spoke quietly and immwput her hands back in her pockets

Osto noted the girl's reaction, and realized he may have overwhelmed her. Or at least, both he and Mikkish could have. He was confused. He scolded himself mentally. How can I work out who can help me reach my full potential if I cannot truly socialize? He felt vexed by this weakness. Perhaps the time he spent away from human beings resulted in him being unable to understand them. He grunted.

He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his jaw. He gave a soft cry, and reached a hand up, touching his joints. The pain began to subside, but it was clear he had abused looking after his jaw bone. He made a mental note to check on his other bones later. He decided to purse the conversation with the two people further.

"May I ask what you two are hoping to accomplish at Gotha Island?"

Jessy thought for a moment and chose her words carefully " I'd like to....hone in, on my capabilities and learn new skills....for personal reasons " she progressively got quieter

All this time, there was a boy, unrecognized, away from all the action currently happening at the scene. With a sigh, he sulked into the shadow that currently held him from plain site. The light was unable to reach his area but his shirt, did indeed give away an obvious clue that he is indeed, sitting there, waiting patiently for the ship to arrive. Pointless. He thought with a shake of his head. This school and all these students are all pointless.

After a while, he decided to open this laptop which he had made note to bring. While all the other students were busy wasting their precious time, he was checking out things on the internet. Through all the databases that he had managed to obtain, he was able to see what was going on even in some of the world's most secure areas.

He typed away crazily on his comfortable keyboard, absolutely distracted by his computer screen and completely ignoring the others on the boat. "DX-302." He read out loud as he went through the careful programming that he'd been working on. Indeed, he was so concentrated that he was unable to realize he'd spoken.... so concentrated that he didn't realize that they were almost at their destination.... so concentrated that even the bright sun which had uncovered him from his hiding spot was not enough to make him search for a new shelter away from the brightness.

[QUOTE="Wild Born]Jessy thought for a moment and chose her words carefully " I'd like to....hone in, on my capabilities and learn new skills....for personal reasons " she progressively got quieter

[/QUOTE]
Osto was surprised. He thought he was the only one. The only one who was trying to reach his full potential. And yet....

He dismissed the thought. He had heard something. He couldn't tell what, though. He enhanced his ear bones, and tried to find the source. He found nothing. Odd, he noted. He turned to Mikkish. "What do you seek, Mikkish?"

I looked around and saw a boy sitting in a dark corner of the ship. I walked up to him, curious about what he was doing. I heard something 'DX-302'. It sounded interesting and kind of mysterious. I didn't want to bother him... but my curiosity got the best of me. "U-Um... excuse me, may I ask what you're doing?"

"Pfft, what do I seek?" Mikkish laughed "Homie, talkin like some theatre nerd is never gonna get you laid. Second off, it's university. That means dorms. What do you think I'm lookin for?"

Mikkish imagined himself partying, banging the hottest "bitches," and simply enjoying his life. He did it. He was here. Far away from that trailer park. On his own.

Anything was possible.

The boat's motor stopped once it reached the docks. Now that they were all standing at the beach in front of the city, they could no longer see the rest of the island past the tall buildings. It was amazing to some of them, particularly Mikkish, who was not used to big cities. Typical city noise of cars honking and people bustling, to the same degree as New York City. Mikkish was looking mostly at the beach, and the girls in their bikinis, as they were lead through the dock, past the beach, and to a bus that had been waiting for them, with compartments on the sides for their luggage.

Osto stepped onto the bus. He was feeling-what was that word-nervous? Yes, he was nervous. Other people confused him greatly. And this city. He had heard of cities, but had never been to one. This was his first time. Still, he decided that he would stick with the people he had met on the way here. He was sure they could help him reach his full potential.

He found Mikkish to be someone who can get distracted rather easily, though. He had mentioned something about getting laid. Osto had no idea what that was at all. And the Jessy girl. She seemed to be hiding something. And that sound he had heard. He still had his ear bones enhanced in case it came up again, but he heard nothing. However, he did catch someone say excuse me. A man, it seemed. He didn't know who. But it was someone.

"Mikkish," he said, looking at the boy, "what kind of magic can you use?"

Jessy stood on the beach for a moment before following Otso cause she didn't know where to go from here and figured he would be at lest helpful on the way there, so they could get to the school and get all their papers, unpack and settle im

Mikkish smiled as he thought about his telepathy. How he used it to pick up girls. "The perfect kind for a college."

Mikkish took his seat in the back of the bus, just like he had back in high school. He was just like any other naive newcomer to a university.

After the students all boarded the bus, they were taken through the city. It was intentional. They figured most students would be from off-island, so they should give new students a mini tour of the city before they got to the school.

And what a tour it was, after being taken through the shopping center, and speeding through a ghetto full of run down buildings, they came to a stop in the middle of the city, when the building all rose high above them.

It was crowds of people that caused the stop. It looked like some kind of protest, but as of yet there weren't many cops, and it looked more like masses of people arguing back and forth. the bus honked its horn a couple times, to no avail.

It was a heated conflict, whatever the conflict was for, taking place right outside the windows of the bus. People with Satanic tattoos and clothes with the pentagram seemed to all be on one side, and what seemed like good, clean, preppy people on the other. they varied in age, however. From teenagers to middle-aged. This was like some kind of clique battle taken to the extreme.

Then suddenly, a rock came crashing through the window, and barely missed Joe. The bus driver, in a panic, floored the gas, despite people in front of the bus, but was quickly flipped over, probably from one of the mages outside using physical buff.

Mikkish fell to the side the bus now lay on, as the bus had no seat belts. Everything seemed to have gone from the frying pan to the fire. The two masses of brawlers then suddenly rushed each other, going around and some trying to climb over the bus.

Mikkish got up, despite having hit his head in his fall, and jumped to grab the ledge of a window to get out of the bus. He now stood on top the turned bus, between the two brawling groups, cracked his knuckles, and smirked.

I quickly shielded the side of my face when the rock came flying through the window, sending a spray of shattered glass in my direction. "W-What the...!?" I didn't have time to really process was going on. The bus suddenly was flipped on its side and I was slammed against the broken window. I was stunned for a few seconds, but I managed to get to my feet. Thankfully, I had been uninjured, for the most part, during the altercation, there were a few superficial cuts, and maybe a bruise or two, but nothing too serious. I quickly retrieved my archery bag and climbed over to the nearest emergency exit of the bus and began helping people get out. "Everyone, please remain calm and get out of here quickly. Try to avoid the fighting as best as you can and let's regroup." I forced my voice to not sound flustered or scared and tried to make it reach the whole bus despite the chaos roaring outside.

Jessy was just getting comfortable when the rock came through the window and before she could process what was happening she was slammed against the side of the falling bus, her head made a loud bang as it hit the rim of a window which was metal. Now dased and bleeding she blinked a few times a tried to get up but she staggered and had to lean on a chair, feeling the side of her head bleed, badly, she opened a window above her and climbed out she same the two groups fighting and rage bubbles uo inside her. Head throbbing she flicked her hand at a trash can and it floated along with the few next to it she grabbed as many as she could and forced them between the two groups to get them to stop

Osto wasn't exactly surprised when the two groups had started brawling. However, the fact they would do so in, and endanger others, angered him.

He pushed himself up, and unzipped his jacket. His bare upper body was displayed for all to see. A fine speciman, so he considered himself. He turned around. He dropped his jacket down. He then placed both of his arms behind his back. He felt no pain as a pair of spines pushed their way out of his skin, slidding into his hands. Gripping them firmly, he wanked them out, his skin closing behind them. Osto calmly walked to the back of the bus. The door at the back was wide open.

One of the brawlers burst in. It was one of the satanic group. The man saw him, and threw a punch. Osto pushed several ribs out, forming a shield that absorbed the blow. The man was wide eyed. Until Osto brought a spine against his head. It didn't kill him, but he was out cold. Osto drew his ribs in, and charged, swinging his spines gracefully, connecting with each swing. He didn't kill them though. He was only teaching them about the might of a Bone Mage.

Several of the trash can simply got thrown out of the way, others exploded into flaming debris. Two of the preppy looking "thugs" jumped up onto the bus, and one immediately went for a single satanic looking thug who had jumped up on his own. All three brawlers were probably early twenties. He threw what looked like some kind of shard of sharp ice, but the prep dodged, then speed dashed and knocked him to the ground.

The other preppy thug went immediately for Jessy, who must have appeared as one of the, I guess you could say, "goth" looking people.

But luckily for Jessy, Mikkish thought this was the perfect opportunity to show off to a cute girl, and before either the prep or Jessy knew what was goign on, Mikkish was in the preppy guy's face, sending punch after punch in a whirlwind of immense speed repeatedly to the prep's jaw. The prep stood taking the punches for what seemed like forever, until Mikkish pulled both his fists back, and the prep collapsed into a coma.

Osto found himself strangly thankful for Mikkish saving Jessy. But he sensed that the battle would not end with one showy move.

He decided to up the stakes. Osto had already smashed through several of the brawlers, but now he knew that some of them would be targeting him.

A fireball almost hit Osto in the chest. He had a plan for that, however. Bone, strong as steel, grew on his chest. It prevented the fireball from doing any damage. It swiftly enveloped him, giving him armour. It was bone white, nothing to fancy. But it was strong.

Osto placed the bottom ends of his spines together, fusing them. He jumped onto the bus, and grew a leg bone-club. He slammed it against a preppy, and shoved him off. "Come face me, cowards," Osto challenaged.

Jessy soit out blood tht had formed in her mouth, probably from when she got smashed against the side of the bus, she let go of the trash cans and said " I could have handled that " she then got into a fighting stance as more people climbed onto the bus, she didn't really have a technique besides street fighting which she used to her advantage since it was almost impossible to tell wht she would do next. Suddenly she dropped down and swiped her leg under some guy knocking him over off the bus and back into the crowd before rolling forwards and thrusting both hands out making a barrier to keep the others back " Don't hurt anyone! We just need to get them to stop fighting! " it began to get hard to keep the barrier io as it only made her headache worse, she felt blood trickle down from her nose and she broke away dropping the barrier staggering back bringing her hand up she wioed away the blood and then held her head wincing

Osto caught Jessy as she fell. He was impressed. Then he noticed her nose bleed. Poor girl, he thought.

That barrier had bought some respite from the carnage. Osto knew that the two sides were all set to tear each other apart. He called out Mikkish.

"Mikkish, get up here now," before swinging his spine blade into a goths stomach, leaving a non fatal wound. But a painful one. He noticed a boy with an archery bag.

"Archer boy!" Osto yelled, before pointing at him, "get up here! Jessy needs aid now! And use your bow!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back