• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Unknown Crisis IC (full)

"I tried inviting you the holo deck but apparently you only respond to personal dares," He signed at her then passed her an apple. They were lumpy imperfect apples, the kind that didn't come out of NASA's mathematically devised hydroponic domes. This was an apple that had grown somewhere in real sunshine and had the bitter tang of being an apple untouched by heavy genetic tinkering. Eppie knew an organic god damn apple when she tasted one.

Eppie Cross
Intermission
“My honour was brought into question, and I will not stand for it to be compromised,” She catches the apple as it spins in the air, running her hand over the surface of it as source of habit. Often, she would test the perfectly engineered NASA apples for imperfections, but finds bumps and irregularities in the skin press against her skin. Without a moment of hesitation, she bites into the apple, tasting the sweetness but more importantly the bitterness that spoke the truth of it’s origins.

“How the fuck did you get a real apple this far into space?” As she chews, she wipes her face of any juice that dripped down her chin with content smile on her face, “Man, I haven’t had one of these since I left home.”

"Care package," He signed. He pulls a small cargo container that she hadn't seen- its well within Goody's wingspan but it was nearly in her peripheral. There's a hard light mesh inside the box keeping all the objects in place for shipment. There are more apples, a few lopsided Brigid's crosses made out of sweet grass, little glass jars of bath products. "I'm not very good at eating apples. please eat them," he signed, unleashing them into the 0g around them.

Eppie Cross
Intermission

She catches an apple as it floats by her head, tucking into the pouch in the front of her sweater for later. Though there is lingering anxiety gnawing her insides, there is something calming and even - dare she say it - relaxing to the weightlessness. The idea of it still weighs heavy on her mind, but to feel the lightness of zero gravity in an enclosed, non-dangerous environment where she is not threatened by cronchy boys or being sucked into the vaccum of space makes this.... almost fun?

She smiles as she takes another bite of her apple, “We can save a few to make some apple juice for you,” She grows thoughtful as she looks at the box and chews, “I wish my folks could send me shit like that from home. We don’t really have the resources or tech to send organic shit across the galaxy without it being completely decomposed by the time it gets to me.”

Goody looked down at the packaging of his care package, he'd never particularly considered it considerably high tech. "You could have the box?" He signed, "Unless they wouldn't like a high-tech shipping box in their home?" He broached the possibility delicately. He had read about New Eden and in some ways it sounded very much like his own home and in other ways it seemed just a strange as the rest of the world he'd seen so far. He caught himself being too introspective and did a 0g somersault lazily to get the feeling of the thought out of his head. This probably made him look like a weirdo, asking a pretty personal question like that- but Eppie of all people probably wouldn't care.

Eppie Cross
Intermission
She grabs the box to look into it, though the movement of her reaching out lazily spins her through the air. For a minute, she freezes, heart seizing because it reminds her so much of how she spun uncontrollabl in space, but she clutches the box to her chest and forces herself to breathe. Looking into the box to focus amd bring herself back to contended relaxtation, she shrugs in response to Goody’s question, “My parents wouldn’t mind - they’re fairly liberal as far as New Eden goes, but I know some Old Order families that would lose their shit if they saw hard light. Some of them still think the extranet is ‘the Devil’s Work’.”

Goody​

"Cool. keep the box," He told her. He then reached out and tagged her, said, "You're it motherfucker," in his placid customer service voice and pushed himself away from her and the wall with an expert twist and kick. He was extraordinary graceful in zero g for a guy who was so bulky around the shoulders. He made dramatic movie style fake gun hands at her as he drifted ever farther away from her.

Donny​

Donny was in the common room, pouring over paper work. Holly's discharge review took a lot more emotional energy than the other NASA forms so he'd saved it, like an idiot, for last; he wasn't very good at writing recommendations or reviews of any kind. And he wasn't sure why he needed to Holly had already shipped out for her promotion with the Deep Space research team she was going to head up; Some jungle planet on the edge of the second alliance space had been discovered some years back- like she was going to say no to that? He was trying to balance his stylus on the tip of his mechanical finger when Kevin walked in. Now Kevin always walked around like he had some where to be very urgently but right now he could feel that intensity focused in on himself and he said; "Uh, what up, buddy?"

Kevin Starr
It took a lot of courage to look for Donny. Donny was probably the only one here aside from Chaya who had seen his face. (In old photos, of course. They hadn't seen it personally.) But he was still hesitant. He couldn't just let this implants thing go without at least a checkup, and yet he hesitated... But he knew Donny was in the common room. And he had to talk to someone about this. So he walked in, hesitated... And Donny spoke up first. He sighed and let it out.
"You... You know about my implants, right?... They're... Uhh... Acting up. Phantom pains. I'm not supposed to feel any pain when the robots get damaged, but I am. And it's sticking with me, and it still hurts, and I still feel like I'm missing an arm, and part of my face, and, and..."
He was having trouble staying composed, his right arm kept twitching, and his left hand was on his helmet, as though he was checking to make sure his head was still there. Most observers couldn't be sure, but it sounded like Kevkev was ugly crying under there.
"Doc... I'm not doing so great."

Eppie Cross
Intermission

She is about to thank him when he tags her and says “You’re it, motherfucker,” in the most remarkably even tone that she isn’t even computing that until he’s used her and the wall to push up and away. She bounces uselessly off the wall like a ball, which startles a laugh from her. It’s childish shit, and she knows as NASA personnel who are nearly thirty, they should know how to adult by now, but man, if space tag isn’t a challenge she’d love to win.

A brilliant grin erases any hint of stress or anxiety from her expression as she grabs to the wall best she can. It’s kind of like swimming, right? Didn’t they use swimming pools to acclimitize astronauts for 0g before they used simulations? Figuring there is no harm in testing the hypothesis, she treats it as if it is swimming, only without the water. She pushes off the wall and towards Goody, pretending to dodge imaginary bullets.

She does, unfortunately, overestimate how much power it would take to catch up to Goody, and she slams into him with enough force to send them both spinning. Before he can get away, she wraps her arms around him in a bear hug, “You’re it! Gotcha, ya sneaky fucker!”

Donny
"Well, shit man," He said sympathetically. He shuffled his tablet and things around for a moment, but abandoned them quick, as he stood up. Donny is not actually doctor, he's no expert in implants, he has the emotional labor capabilities of a snail. But he's no stranger to weird phantom nerve pains or the level of distress they bring- He might not be able to do much other than slip him one of Eppie's prescription anxiety meds, sometimes that's enough if the issue is somatic and not an implant malfunction. He crossed over to him and clapped a hand on his shoulder and began to guide him, "Let's go take a look- I promise you are not dying. No matter how awful it feels, your actually alright- you getting enough air in there man?" He asked. He wasn't trying to be a shithead, he just sounded distressed with those quick short breaths. He needed to teach the whole team yoga. breathing, guys, its mandatory and important, he thought to himself.

The med bay was empty, and he situated Kevin on a stool and collected the scanning equipment with all the sleek efficiency of an emergency medic. "If the implant is on the fritz there's not a lot I can do," He admitted, "We'll have to get some one who can fix it, finch probably knows how to fix it but I doubt he's actually done it before- If its somatic though we got a ton of options," He paused, "Now kevin- if you want me to scan your brain I need-your entire head," He said making a possessive gesture at his person and helmet, "This machine goes beep if your brains working and it can't beep through three inches of kevlar."

Goody

Goody oofed and tried to catch her. Her bear hug sent them spinning lazily and he patted her on the back of the head. "Oh. no. I'm allergic. to being it," He said aloud and hugged her back. He shuffled his hand in to his stomach, between them tho- there was something hard there against his skin that he maneuvered her away from. In the zero g his shirt made this less discreet billowing around until his pressed it flat again over the feeding tube and pump she had apparently bashed into. He continued like it was as reflexive as scratching an itch though, "I'm glad you liked my picnic. We were worried." He said aloud again cause he had her by the shoulders, "By all of us I mean me and Cathal. I'm sorry/not sorry we blew up your inbox."

Kevin Starr
Intermission: Phantom pains
Kevkev followed Donny, nodding. He could breathe. He knew Donny wasn't a mechanic. He paused. His helmet... His head. Kevin... He took a deep breath, and stood up. He unclasped the helmet, and set it on the floor. The augs were clearly visible, and the link nodes were easily visible, but not the main processing unit. Kevin didn't stop. He pressed buttons along the other link points, the ones on his suit. And then he popped off the chestplate, and began to undo the waist, disconnecting the torso from the pants. He slipped out and it went on the floor before he stepped out of the pants. He was just wearing the thermal suit now,water piping easily visible. He pulled off the hat, and that was all he needed to remove. Donny could see Kevin. And he looked like an extra from the matrix. Nodes were situated at his joints, along his spine, even his hands and feet each had a connector node.
"It's... A lot more thorough than my head... These implants were fresh out of testing. Some kind of big cooperative deal between our corp and the implant guys meant we could get this for free, if we signed up for it. But... Well, at some point the implant company went under, and someone bought us out a few months after. A lotta layoffs happened, and I ended up here. The medical team that examined me when I signed on for UC said all of this was okay, and it was all proven stuff. But... I dunno. It's a part of me, and I don't know a lot about it. Maybe the problem IS me. Or maybe some part of the Neurolink pod is malfunctioning. Or... Maybe these things weren't tested thoroughly enough. I... I don't know my own body. It's terrifying. I mean... If there's a problem, I'm not sure anyone out here can fix it. I... I should've come to you right after the Bees thing. Maybe even earlier."
He said, looking to donny with his dull jade eyes. There was no mechanical camera whirs or replicant eye shine there. Just the look of a boy who's spent a lot of time crying, and might cry again soon.

Donny​

"We'll get you taken care of," Donny said and patted the stool again, "If there was something really wrong with your nervous system you wouldn't be walking around. And phantom somatic symptoms are a known side effect of this kind of technology- just no one ever warns you how intense it is. And you've had these for a while- how many hours did you log last mission, seventeen? That's a lot on your nervous system in a high stress environment. you ever heard of the Ionian Pterosi pilots? the link in to there ships- though not remotely- anyway they can only fly for five hour bursts, " Donny said. He was just kind of talking, filling up air, trying to make this as chill and normal as possible as he moved the hand scanner over Kevin's head. It went beep at all the right times and all the numbers looked good. The readout on the neurolink came back good, even to his inexperienced eyes, it looked more than good. "All of your parts are working, brains, metal bits, the works, Your cortisone count is up in o-jeesus though. So I want you to take one of these-" He held up the dermals he had just printed. They were one parts anxiety med, like the ones Eppie took and then one part lowgrade nerve pain blocker. "And then I want you to get on the tread mill. Get your body moving, remind it were it starts and ends. and if doesn't clear up on its own we'll make Finch do his job, hows that sound?" He gave his shoulder a squeeze. "And get some anti chaffing powder, the back of your neck is a wreck," He teased.

Mako was aware she smelled terrible but there were traditions to observe. So despite the fact she was heavily bleeding from at leas thre wounds on her arms and legs and a massive, deep gash on her back, she tore through the alien she killed with practiced fervor. First the skin was cut off with a long knife and place aside except for a small chunk from its belly which she chewed throughly, giving her mouth something to do. Next came the meat of it and Mako was an experienced butcher. About a quarter of it she ate raw off the bone, and the rest went into five coolers. Next were the bones. The "Smoke dragon" As the locals called it had eaten ten people from the small research village thirty miles away and with her ritual knife, Mako carved each and every one of their names onto its bones. When the goddess Shooolo took her child back she would know what he had slain and what had slain him. His bones would be consumed with honor. Mostly. The giant lizards tail spike was hers, it had given Mako the wound on her back and she kept it as her trophy as a reminder. Then there were the teeth, why she was there in the first place. Miloj was a hunter like her, a sad, damaged hunter who feared teeth and missed his friends. He needed a bone charm, something that proved he could stand against the monsters and that his friends would remember his glory from the other side. Maybe he wouldn't understand the religous signigance but the charm would be a meaningful gift nonetheless. String the creatures smaller teeth on a leather cord, she added a center totem, the tooth she took from the alien they killed together. Hers was on the anklet she wore, and his would be above the human's heart.
She was feeling a little woozy when she got to the shuttle and stared back at the crewmen, saying after 10 minutes of tense silence "Don't worry its mostly his." And patted the huge coolers of meat. They didn't approach her for the rest of the trip. When she was finally back on the ship, Mako had a huge headache and felt extremely sleepy. Leaving a blood trail behind her she smelled herself again. "OH %&(*^(" she swore in fferid, The blood was mostly hers and her wounds would take an extreme amount of flesh shaping to heal, something she couldn't do when she was this woozy from what she now knew was blood loss. Normally she'd go to Pansy but he was on a rare vacation (Bakery tour of cupcake-VI, her solstice present to him). Now she had no choice. She had to visit an actual doctor and hope he wouldn't ask questions or take deep scans. Nervously, she dragged herself to the med bay and knocked one, now completely exhausted so that her knock ended with her using the door to support herself. "Hey...um...Doc? Donny, I could use some help if you can....spare it?" ( TrashRabbit TrashRabbit and maybe Graystone713 Graystone713 )

MILOJ
The crowd roared over the booking sound of the music as Miloj blocked his opponent's bandage wrapped fist with his forearms. Blocking another punch and then a round house kick, he grinned to himself. This fight was too easy. Throwing out a quick jab of his own, Miloj hit his opponent in the chest, sending him stumbling backwards. The crowd grew even louder.

"That all you got big guy?" His opponent taunted, bouncing on the balls of his feet, fists up and ready.

"Hardly," Miloj replied with a smirk, lowering his hands a bit. Seeing the lapse in Miloj's guard, the other man lunged forwards, fist whistling towards Miloj's face as the crowd screamed for blood. Before his opponent's fist could connect however, Miloj raised his right fist into a fast and hard uppercut, hitting the other man so hard in the gut that he actually lifted him into off the mat. The crowd went wild as the other man managed to regain his balance, before a massive left hook to the chin sent him sprawling across the ring with a crunch. The other man didn't even twitch as Miloj pumped both of his fists into the air as the crowd went absolutely ballistic.

"AND WITH A MASSIVE FUCKING HIT, MILOJ IS THE WINNER!" Yelled the announcer into his microphone.

A few hours later, Miloj was washed up, his knuckles were bandaged, and he was back on the ship, using the cred-stick he had received as a reward at his personal computer to deposit 15,000 Federation credits into his personal account. As he did that, he plucked his cybernetic eye out of it's socket and placed it on his desk next to his computer. There, it sprouted six mechanical, insect-like legs and lifted itself up, lenses whirring and focusing as it looked around Miloj's room, before crawling up his left arm and sitting on his shoulder, whirring and clicking as it watched Miloj deposit his money.

"You seem to be clicking a lot. Might be time for a tune up," Miloj commented casually. In response, Lefty the eye-bot shook one of it's mechanical legs in imitation of a human shaking their fist as it's lenses narrowed and it left off a few aggravated clicks. "Fine, fine, I guess you don't need a tune-up after all," he chuckled.

Kevin Starr
"I do have something for chafing, but... I forget, sometimes. Thanks, doc."
Kevin said, setting the pills aside for a moment and shaking his head. It almost sounded too easy, but... Well, Donny was the doc. Then Mako knocked, and Kevin made an odd little squeak before he started rushing to get back into his spacesuit. Pantboots first, upper torso, secure the waist, grab the thermal hat... And Mako was already inside. And in terrible shape. He didn't even care that she could see his face, really. He was just worried, now.
"Mako?... Oh my god."
He said, grabbing his other things and stepping back. She looked awful. Those gashes... He wanted to help, but he was no doctor. He paused. He equipped his helmet, and pocketed his meds.
"I'll see if I can get Tom."
was all he said before he ran to living quarters, banged on a door... And got no response. Except for what sounded like some music turning up. God DAMN it, Tom!

Eppie Cross
Intermission
Snickering at the comment of his supposed allergy, Eppie backs off as Goody shifts his hand between them to adjust something underneath his shirt. What catches her off guard a moment is when his hands grip her shoulder to tell her of their worry for her state of mind. Her smiles slips for half a moment, but she just as quickly slides it back into place, though it doesn’t quite reach her eyes. She’d really have to be an idiot to think that a personality like her’s - loud, in your face enthusiasm - would not be missed, and though she had muted many of her notifications when the spam from Cathal and Goody, she could not miss the repeated messages of “are you okay?” sent amongst the slew suspiciously uplifting (or ridiculous) memes the pair sent to her.

A lie forms on her lips first out of habit, because it’s instinctive to hold her shame close and let no one see it, but she can’t force it up her throat to say I’m fine. She sighs, deeply, and doesn’t act as if Goody hasn’t noticed for himself how she’s withdrawn into herself - she owes it to him to at least be honest,.

“I’m sorry I’ve worried you guys,” She starts with, because that’s safe, but even with a face without features, she can’t look at Goody knowing he can see her, “I’ve spent the last couple of days holed up in my room because I’ve been absolutely terrified that I was going to get a message or get told by Donny’s or Hekekiah that I was being removed from the UCC or even NASA for being mentally unfit. And I... I know it’s cowardly and I know you guys would never actually think it, but even if I stayed on the team, I was scared the team would think I was unfit, too.”

“To lose my cool like that on a mission? I just feel like I’ve disappointed you all,” She gives weak laugh, then cracks a watery smile at Goody, eyes rimmed red with unshed tears, “How silly and overdramatic is that?”

Goody​

"First of all," He signs, "You are not a soldier, you are a woman of science." Its hard to describe the way expressiveness oozes off Goody' without a face but his sincerity radiates out from his shoulders and into his fingers. "the world was won with soldiers, but it will never be saved by them. It takes brilliant passionate people to change this world, and sometimes brilliant passionate people cry. You never put anyone at risk- you just cried in the shuttle. No one is going to question everything you've already accomplished because of that. Besides, Donny already told you- If it happens in the shuttle, it doesn't count." He finished on a quick darting note wit his fingers and then booped her on the nose.

Donny​

Donny, much like a startled cat tried to move in many directions at once at the sight of Mako. She was, and this was putting it lightly; a hot fucking mess. He barely registered Kevin's quick retreat.
"Mako!" He said, deciding to grab gloves first, "What the fuck?!"

He then came quickly to her aid and hefted her up and onto the examination table. He applied pressure to the most severe gash first- before going into CSAR mode which always involved a lot of super glue and coagulants. the woundseal came out of a syringe in a stream of goo and hardened quickly. He repeated this process untill he felt she wasn't in danger of dropping dead on him. The shot of blood coagulant came stealthily the in the kind of epi that could hardly be felt. And that's when he could take in the severity of the wounds- once he was sure she wasn't bleeding out. Not terrible, but obviously neglected for a number of hours that deep gashes that needed stitches should not be.

He had grabbed the scanner and was readying some choice words for her- but he had to bang the scanner with his hand a couple times. He re calibrated it. It was not going beep. He set it to a more simple task; identify genetic make up. It gave a sad beep and could not.

"Mako are you genetically modified? I can't make the proper beeps happen here?" He asked, "I mean- that's rude but like if I can't use standard fucking equipment on you I need to know. Also the first question again: what the fuck, Mako." He motioned at all of her this time. She wouldn't be the only one on the team who was geneticaly modified to the point that the machines couldn't quite read them- god knew how long he tried to calibrate the machinery to Goody, but the Hippocratic oath kept him from mentioning that.

(also I hope everyone knows that the scanner Beeps are just a funny thing donny says to simplfyi his medical readouts to non medical people. The machine does actually make several kinds of beeps that are realtivly obnoxious if you use it all the time. And I think over simplifying technobabble is hilarious.)

Last edited:
"Hehehe heeeeeey Donny," Mako slurred as he dragged her to the table, "You you're reeeeeeal strong y'know." She felt him inject her with a couple things and giggled at the stingy stuff. It dint hurt cause he was bad at it, and he was bad at cause she was just not a human. Which was bad for him. She was going to have to do some quick lying while in this, the pool of her own blood. "I ah yeah I got like, a stupid number of genertic modifications like, I don't even know whats going on. NASA found me on this burning science planet like sheven? seven years ago. No memeries, no records nuthin," She rolled over slightly to look at the doctor with the false poise of a near bloodless giant cat. "I heal good though, I just needed a doc to keep my blood in. Just stop the bleeding and the ol Ff- MAKO metabolism do its thing. But Doc, Imma need like, a hundred juice boxes. And some steak. Lossa steak. Fuck man can you like? Get a cow in here? Also I weigh like a couple hundred kilos so just give me more of what you normally give people. Like Eppie, shes like small and cute and I need so many more drugs then her." Mako's eyes unfocused for a moment then she shook herself a little more conscious. "As for what the fuuuuuuck, I won a fight and lost more blood doing it then I thought. But I dun want you to think I lost! I totally won the fight ok? Tell me you know I won the fight and sent a giant reptile to the earth ok? Espicall Especshull Especially if Eppie asks. I won. The fight."

Donny​

Donny listened to this with a straight face. Honestly he wasn't surprised, the higher up in nasa he got the more people he met with pasts and dossiers completly blotted out with sharpie. So he noded and said "Got it. Juice boxes. double dose." He trusted her. He grabbed an IV of dexterous and hooked it up instead, put a shot of loose proteins in along with with double dose of pain killer. He upped the coagulants as well, took her vitals the hard way, with his fingers on her pulse. Not as strong or as regular, but holding steady. "If this is fucking winning I forbid you to ever goddamn lose, do you understand that? I'm gonna beat the shit out of you after I stitch you up, do you hear me- punk?" Donny threatened to beat up most people he was stitching up, that is, if he cared about them. "I'll tell Eppie you think she's cute in front of mission control and god. Won the fight. Won the fight? This is winning?" He continued to complain as he set to actually cleaning and stitching her wounds- which were not too horrific if they'd been given any sort of care when they occurred. "Do you not know first aid?" He muttered, "You put- you put fucking pressure on the wound, you absolute dim wit." he tied off one of the wounds and started threaded the next, "I can't with you right now. shhh....shhhhh. Where is the morphine."

Eppie Cross
Intermission
She looks at Goody only to understand what he is signing to her, and she feels tears steadily welling up in her eyes. It’s amazing that he says everything she needs to hear, and one tear manages to escape, which, in 0g does not fall, but float, though she catches it and wipes it quickly with her fingers. She doesn’t expect the boop, and it startles a cracking laugh from her, which spawns more tears to well up from her eyes, floating into the air like the first.

But still, she’s smiling and it doesn’t feel painful and the vice grip anxiety has had on her since the panic attack eases, then dissapates all together, “If it happens in the shuttle, it doesn’t count,” She echoes, sniffling and wiping her eyes, “It also doesn’t count when we’re on the ship. Right?”

Last edited:
Mako seemed to sober for a moment and looked the doc straight in the face, "I...I've never gotten this hurt before. I didn't even know I could bleed this much. I know first aid I just never got this cut." She admitted being completely honest despite omitting a few facts, "I won but just figured I'd heal like normal, it was worse then I thought." She lay quietly for a moment as Donny stitched her back up but seized with a bout of laughter at him, "I'm alive, the giant lizard isn't I win Donny. Also, I'm on a whole cocktail of drugs, half dead and covered in my own blood. And I could still take you here and now." The painkillers began to kick in and what she had regained in faculties with her blood left and she felt very...sleepy. "Why are you..." She began to feel woozy again,"threatinin Eppie. She She knows I think shes cute. I know Ive told her... Its its not like," She was feeling lightheaded and her head struggled to keep off the table, 'I wanna calender her? Dayyy? Dat-te? I can't dashe her she shes to pretty and smart and she deserves something better then then a..." Perfectly normal alien that she would be afraid of, a shapeshifter that has spent their entire friendship lying, A creature that was irreconcilably different from her... "Freak, liiiike me...." And with that Mako lost consciousnesses and began snoring softly as Donny finished the stitches.

Goody​

"For sure. doubly doesn't count. what you do in your personal life is nobodies business," Goody told her, "This is NASA not the Jian Empire."

Donny​

Donny groaned, or maybe it was more of a sigh as Mako finally drifted out consciousness. He patted her head and got back to stitching. By time Finch actually showed up the situation was more than under control. He told him about the scanner not working and after taking a swab and shoving it in the sample freezer said "I'll uh...take a look at that later. Is this...is this the entire crisis?" He asked motioning at all of Mako.
"Yeah. I got it under control."
"Can I go back to bed- I'm going back to bed."
Donny watched him go and then looked at a sleeping mako like she was the camera on the office. she nearly looked inocent, passed up out and hooked up to an IV. but he knew better.
"This whole damn team is gonna give me an ulcer."

The Cyber Brains of New Io
Mission briefing​

• Io, the first one, the moon out by Jupiter, was in its heyday the first successful fully automated space communists in the solar system. While Ionian theory is now outdated, due to technological and philosophical advancements, it is the founding block of one of the leading methods of human economic systems. Ionianism is found through out the second alliance, The interplanetary alliance, Sol, and independent communities through out space; including NASA. New Io is located on the edge of the second alliance and was on the front line of the previous war with the Jian Empire and was founded by the survivors of the first generational ship launched by Io. They were here long before the rest of humanity caught up with them. Their culture and science took a distinct left turn from the rest of humanity, having developed crystal line cyber brains, advanced gravity fields and new forms of computer languages that dazzled new frontiers men. The New Ionians, upon first contact were mistaken for aliens due to the unfamiliar design of their ships and their advanced technology and there file is often studied and revisited by UC trainers. There sufficiently advanced computers, which 300 years ago was not compatible with the second wave of settlers, made them a key advantage in the war and also a prime target for the Jian empire to acquire. New Io is not an expanding culture, infact they have strict rules and self balances on the exponentiation growth habit that humans have and come off on an intergalactic level as being isolationist- this however is not true, however integrating into New Ionian culture is extremely difficult due to their reliance on partial cyber brains that allow them to processes information differently than others. The second alliance is the only galactic power to grant citizenship to digital personalities automatically without vetting.

Last edited:
Donny​

The outside of New Io is a fluid design with no straight lines, it is as if some one allowed Frank Gehry to design a space station. Flight Commander Hekkiahs last words to you before you left were, “Mitch is my fucking friend, don't embarrass me, got it?” She made intense got my eye on yous motions at Cathal and Eppie, but then laughed, hands on her hips.

Donovan was not feeling optimistic. His knowledge of advanced implants began and ended with how the brain handled the trauma of surgery after they were crammed inside the skull. Besides it didn't sound like the it was a truly a biological sickness anyway. There had been a pepsheet for New Ionian technology but honestly it had flown so high above his head that he had slowly folded it into a sturdy paper toad and then made it hop off the desk while Goody frowned at him. Okay, Goody couldn't frown but he could feel it.

And now in the back of the shuttle with the team he felt anxious. What could a place like New Io need with team nine? They were good- they could handle weird bees and space cryptids. But he had read about New Io, how could a people so advanced have a problem that needed NASA? It worried him on a level he hadn't managed to articulate yet. Chaya hadn't seem to bat and eye at the request. Maybe he just had a high pedestal for them. Maybe he needed to give the team more credit? He looked over at Mako- who had made a speedy recovery just as she had said she would. He tried to still be disappointed at her like he was the night she'd rolled into the medbay in such rough shape- but he couldn't be. She was fine now. And that was really all he needed from her on a professional level. Same for the rest of them. Kevin seemed in lighter spirits- though he seemed to have delighted in the New Io tech prepsheet, so maybe that helped. Goody had staid behind and he wish he hadn't. It took too long to dock and it left him with too much time to think.

The Shuttle doors opened into the strangest shuttle bay- no the shuttle had been moved elsewhere inside the station he realized. This was a garden, and there was no sign of an air lock. The far walls were white and hexagonal and there was a breeze. It didn't feel like a green house or even a bio dome- he felt like he was outdoors on another world- the flowers and foliage were nothing he recognized.

“So I thought bringing you here would be the easiest,”Said an unassuming man in a Hawaiian shirt. The shirt, the longer it was looked at, became apparent that it was probably mean to be viewed in infrared. Perhaps the flowers made more sense in infrared too. “I'm Mitch, Town Cryer, which one of you unlucky friends has to pretend to know whats going on the whole time you're here?”

Donny raised his hand.

“God your cute. Okay. We told you everything we know so if you got any ideas lets fucking do it,” He said.

Donny looked at the team desperately.

Last edited:
Mako had healed overnight and was running around the ship by noon, making sure all her muscles were back in the right places and that she hadn't remade something inhuman. One time she healed a tail and had to reabsorb it which was not fun. Fact of the matter was, she did really feel like this next mission would be tricky, all she could think of when approaching Io ws that old joke someone had shown her "This is not my job, this is the opposite of my job..." She muttered. She was definitely out of her depth with the megalopolis. She disembarked with poise though until she saw eppie for the first time that day. Her hair. Was pink? WAS THAT A THING HUMANS COULD DO? DID EVERYONE HAVE CHANGING HAIR COLORS? DID MAKO MISS THIS? HOW WAS EPPIE EVEN CUTER THATS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO HAPPEN? Mako un-ashamedly gawked at Eppie's new hair until she walked into a column and fell over, springing to her feet and hoping no one noticed. After listening to the friendly man in the flower shirt she spoke, 'I admit I'm a bit out of my tech depth here. Do you have any other leads? Collapse scenes? I could probably help more if we could Identify a physical thing for me to track. It could even be a virus or chip?" She quite wanted to be useful here but the city was not her element. Privately she really hoped she could find a smelly thing and run after it until she found the problem an let the tech savvy team members handle it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back