• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern University on Deck: World Tour! Main

Edward Pennington
Hotsuin.Yamato.600.1686258.jpg
The ballroom was starting to get crowded with people of all sorts coming in. This was not really perceived well by Edward, as he was not a big fan of large gatherings of people. All he wanted to do was to be told what his room number was so that he could get away from these people but unfortunately, luck was not on his side.

One of the girls had received a phone call. She was most likely talking to someone overprotective and clingy, like a parent. Ryan? A brother perhaps. Possibly even a lover. But I have a hard time believing anyone would put up with her. But it was not the contents of the phone call that bothered him. It was how the girl pretty much screamed at the guy. He did not like loud noises in general as they often served to ruin his concentration. He realised that this wait would be worse than he had thought it to be.

Then, another girl talked to her. Edward looked at her in the eyes, Don't poke the fucking beehive. was what he wanted to say. But he refrained from getting involved in this mess. It quickly turned into a back and forth between the two. The "princess" was clearly in the wrong and was a spoilt little idiot. That was not to say that he liked the "dyke" too much either. The suicide comment by the princess prompted him to pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh as he had to deal with this person for quite a long period of time. He was not against being self-righteous and thinking of oneself as being superior to others. But he was against being a total dumbass while doing so.

R Rock And Roll Boy noire noire

Professor Zenjiro Sakamoto momentarily peeked into the room eyeing the students he would have to deal with during his vacation. If only it was a true vacation. The professor thought finally stepping into the ballroom and making his way over to the front of the room. Once he arrived to the front of the room, the man turned to face his students and eyed them individually, "I'm Professor Sakamoto, the lead moderator of this program." Zenjiro's cold blue eyes stayed planted on at least each person for a few seconds. "You will sign your roommates on this sheet of paper here. Some people already have rooms, which is why their name was printed along with the rest of the sheet. If you are not on it then put yourself on, take your designated key on the table, and head to your rooms," He instructed glancing at the rooming sheet on the table before looking at the keys next to it. Without hesitation, the professor continued his directions, "Class starts tomorrow followed by a welcoming party that night." Next, he had another important topic to touch on. Zenjiro knew that it was best to get potential Frequently Asked Questions out of the way before they got started. "Each class subject will fulfill your required courses for your individual majors. How? You'll see. Tonight you can get some rest and look around the ship. We'll be sailing away in less than an hour. Also please remember that this is a unique experience to study abroad. Not a luxury cruise, if you get expelled, we will dump you off at the nearest habitable land mass and arrange transportation back to your home country. Or if you'd prefer, you can walk the plank..." Zenjiro concluded with a smirk, adjusting the silver watch on his wrist. With that, the man left the room and walked over to whatever he wanted to do next.

noire noire Lazy Taco Lazy Taco rukadg rukadg R Rock And Roll Boy YoungX YoungX . D O V E . D O V E RolePlayerCassandra RolePlayerCassandra Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Danidify Danidify Mikkimi Mikkimi
(taggin everyone! YAY!!)

YUKINE ROSENFELD

The ashen-haired let out a final huff when she eventually arrived at the designated ballroom while still dragging her ridiculously oversize bags. She looked around the room, bewildered at the sheer amount of people already gathered there. A few moments after her arrival, the professor stepped up and eyed each one of them. Yukine sneered when the professor's eyes landed on her. Nonetheless she listened to him and rolled her eyes when she heard the walk-the-plank thingy.

She went over to the table where the rooming list is on, hoping to find her room and get settled in. She tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for her turn to get a look at the list and grab her key.

Edward Pennington
Edward kept a straight face as the professor was speaking to them. He noted all that was important in his mind while paying little attention to anything else. One thing that did unsettle him was the fact that he had to share rooms with someone else. You got a ship the size of the Titanic with all sorts of bullshit but you can't have rooms for individual people? At that point, he could only hope that the person he would have to share his room with was as motivated to study as him or at the very least was not some brain-dead idiot who would waste his time. Edward had not really shared rooms or anything before so this would be a somewhat new experience.

He looked where the table with the list of rooms was and went there, rolling his luggage with him. It seemed that there was a bit of a waiting queue there that he had to get through. His interest was caught by a girl in her wheelchair. The recurring thought on his mind was how difficult it would be for her to merely get around the place. With her parents not being around her, he guessed that the person that she would be roommates with would have to help her with a...few things. He did not believe in god. But he still prayed in his mind that he would not be paired up with her. But the question of whether males could be paired with females was still one that was not answered. If all the rooms were to be shared, then it would have to be the case as there were more girls than boys.

Standing in front of him was a girl with white hair similar to his. He did perceive that her hair was a bit more on the greyish side while his was just completely white. He wondered what his hair would look like when he got old. Would it grey out and be darker? or would it keep being white? A thought that bothered him was how his grandfather claimed to have hair longer than what Edward has now and how he ended up balding at the age of 47. Edward snapped out of thought to realise that he was looking at the girl's hair this whole time. He then looked away, hoping to not start any more trouble than there already was with that "princess" girl.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge . D O V E . D O V E

Last edited:

Kalin
"Oh my glasses? Sure I don't see why not. Though it's actually just an accessory but-" then the professor would start speaking. After hearing everything he had to say, Kalin continued his conversation with the girl.

"Quite the introductory speech. I didn't even think about roommates yet."

Interacting: noire noire [Ciel]​

Kasumi "Cheiko" Gen'ishi: She goes over to the side of the railing to get out of everyone's way so she wasn't just standing there. Kasumi drops her duffel bag next to her feet and takes the pamphlet out of her mouth. She barely gets the chance to read it before seeing that she has to go to the ballroom. She slips the pamphlet into her duffel bag and picks it back up, heading into the ballroom. She slips into the back and arrives just in time to hear Professor Sakamoto introduce himself and the instructions that they needed for the rest of the school year. She gulps when he mentioned about walking the plank.

Then he said about having roommates and she dreaded the mere idea of doing so. She was terrible at meeting new people and talking to them, which is why she never had any friends. She had been too scared and unsure of what to say or do, always afraid of them hating her or that they would find her boring. Kasumi holds onto her luggage with an iron grip, too nervous to move forward and to find her room and roommate. She starts looking around the room, there was a girl in a wheelchair(Jade) but knew she would need extra help. Kasumi didn't want to exclude anyone but she wasn't sure if she was comfortable enough getting into someone's personal space like that. She also didn't want to let the girl down and be a failure helping her out.

Kasumi begins to eye the room some more, trying to see who was here, and who she might fit in best with. There was a guy with glasses(Kalin) that was talking to a girl with long blue hair(Ciel) and Kasumi ruled them out, assuming they knew each other and would want to room together. There seemed to be several other pairs, a pair of two girls(Yuri and Kiku), and a pair of two guys(Jack and Jake). They looked similar, perhaps twins, most likely, and would room together. While she was scanning the room, there seemed to really only be three people that wasn't actively engaged with someone else. A guy with gray hair (Edward), a girl with gray hair (Yukine), and girl with long brown hair (Hiroe). Those seemed like good candidates, as long as she was comfortable rooming with a guy, which she wasn't sure that she was. Perhaps it was better to go with one of the females, as she tended to distrust the opposite gender due to her step-father. Kasumi takes a few deep breaths before slowly walking closer to the center of the room. Maybe she could try to figure out if they were rooming with anyone yet.

Mentions: Duke of Doge Duke of Doge YoungX YoungX noire noire Lazy Taco Lazy Taco rukadg rukadg . D O V E . D O V E The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Last edited:

YUKINE ROSENFELD
STATUS: being a drama queen/// The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Yukine had to stop herself from throwing a fit when she couldn't get a glimpse of her name. Her jet lag was getting worse and she's still stuck in the ballroom with her heavy baggage. She shed a single tear for the sake of drama. 'Ah, I am like Eponine from Les Miserables. If this keeps up I might turn into Jondrette!' she thought to herself. Just like Eponine on Paris, she's on her own here! Woe is she, woe is Yukin-

But her dramatic phase was quickly wiped out when she noticed a white-haired man staring at her. No, scratch that, he was staring at her hair specifically. The ashen-haired glared at him fiercely before her features softened when a thought popped out of her head.

"T-Thank you." she turned her head away from him the moment he looked away from her hair. She fiddled with a strand of her ashen hair, "I do know that my hair is pretty. I-I mean people probably can't help but stare at me." she pampered herself. Yukine let out a dramatic sigh, "Y-you don't have to be shy..I guess."

Ah! She is so kind with a pure-heart! Letting these commoners see something beautiful for once...

Last edited:
Edward Pennington
Edward was caught off guard by her response. He did not know what he was being thanked for initially. But as the girl went on, he understood why and he got the impression that she thought he liked her hair or something. He chuckled at the mere though. Nothing was too special about it. What the fuck is she talking about? How do these kinds of people even exist? He guessed that she was some rich, self-absorbed idiot who thought of herself as being superior to others. Edward looked down at her heavy luggage, wondering what she could have possibly brought with herself that made it this much. Very rich indeed. Her dad must be buying her all sorts of shit. Rotten to the core huh? That would make two of those kinds of people he had to deal with on board. Not too surprising considering the huge price of this university. He just hoped that the others would have a shred of self-awareness and intelligence.

Edward was very tempted to insult this girl and burst her bubble. But he refrained from doing so. The last thing he wanted was for his time to be wasted on dealing with an enemy he could easily avoid. There was also the chance that this girl was smart due to her being rich and all. He composed himself and looked back at her. "You're...welcome. I was lost in thought really. Your hair reminded me of something."

. D O V E . D O V E

Kiku smirked at the Professor's pun. Yuri kept a straight face, mind focused on room assignments. As soon as Professor Sakamoto finished, Yuri took off towards the sheet.

"No."

About to invite Jade to join her in approaching the students congregating in the center of the room, Kiku pulled back and looked over to Yuri. "We're not together?"

Yuri's eyes darkened and she looked up at Kiku. She stepped away from the paper and wrapped her arm around Kiku's arm.

"Who are we with then?"

The only answer to Kiku's question was silence. Yuri was processing, fuming, imploding. This would be the first time they didn't live in the same room. This was a disaster. This was her worst case scenario - she rerean through contingency plans, ones she had formed when first applying, and was lost in thought for a moment. Suddenly, her face cleared and she smiled.

"I didn't looked that closely honestly...I was just so...disappointed. Let's just meet everyone."

Kiku gave Yuri's arm and affectionate squeeze, let go, and turned towards Jade. "Sorry about that! Want to meet everyone with us?" Jade seemed smart and focused, Kiku thought. She admired those qualities, especially as she could be somewhat lacking in them. Yuri maintained a kind smile and waited behind Kiku - Jade seemed fine, but Kiku's efforts to include her were irksome.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

hiroe ishida
hiroei2.gif
Hiroe blew her bangs out from her face and snarled so low it was unheard by anyone. She looked away, eyes meeting those of the white haired male who was seemingly growingly impatient with the antics of everything around him. As he had a right to be, honestly. She wished she could be so controlled.

Looking to see Professor Zenjiro Sakamoto enter, she bowed slight and in respect to him, as another japanese citizen, and as a younger one at that. It was habit really, she felt weird if she didn't.

While he spoke, she rocked back and forth on the luggage idle-y. Yeah, she heard him speaking, but her mind was elsewhere. More-so, who was she going to get stuck with for the semesters to come? She'd only ever had one roommate before, and they were close to perfect. On the same sports team, slightly neater, liked to eat just as much as she did. Only-- they woke up earlier than she did on the weekends. That might have been annoying.
She watched as others went to sign the sheet, and she could feel the ballroom gaining warmth. Or was it just her? She groaned and stood slowly, waiting to be the last to choose.
coding by cychotic

ciel de etoile
ciel2.gif
mentions: YoungX YoungX
Ciel was admiring Kalin's glasses when she heard the voice of what looked to be Professor Zenjiro Sakamoto. She grinned and linked arms with Kalin, excited and again, throwing away the code of "personal space."
She was excited, yet nervous to see who she would end up in a room with, as she had never had to share a room with anyone before. She also hoped that whoever it was was kind, and fun. Good at heart, the works...

When the Professor finished speaking, and others went to sign the sheet, she looked back to the taller figure beside her. "So it was, neither did I. I suppose we should go look to the sheet to see where we will be placed, but I cannot think to just write any name down. I'm a bit... nervous, really. "
coding by cychotic

Last edited:
Jade listened to the professors speech with her hands clasped together in her lap. The speech wasn't bad, but could have been a bit better. Once it was over, she observed the two sisters sort their differences without many words being used. Then when Kiku asked if she wanted to come, Jade nodded. "That'd be nice." She answered softly. "Would you mind pushing me around?" Jade followed up with a question to the pair.
rukadg rukadg

Kalin
"Hmm... well why not well... how about we room together?" Now Kalin was not some innocent dunderhead that you see in harem anime. He knew exactly what he was saying and he didn't want it to sound awkward. Sure this was University but he hadn't even roomed with anyone, let alone thinking of rooming with a female. Still it's not like he was going to find himself flustered over this fact. He had to present himself as he always did.

"Well of course you don't have to I mean I understand. I mean well you know... you wouldn't be fond of the idea of a male and a female in the same room. Granted this is University but well... you know... it's... well... y'know... maybe it's... what I'm trying to say is..."

Kasumi "Cheiko" Gen'ishi: She walks a few steps forward, she was slow and hesitant, but eventually made it to where there was a table laid out of room assignments, keys, and schedules. Kasumi stopped behind the gray-haired male and female she spied earlier. She had walked so slowly and quietly she assumed that neither of them heard her come up to them. It looked like both of them were caught up in a conversation. She caught the end of what the guy was saying, "your hair reminded me of something," and she was curious as to what he could have meant. Not like it was really her business anyway. "Excuse me, but do you know if we can choose our roommates?" She asks quietly, not sure if they would have even hear her and was still hoping there was a chance that she could room by herself.

. D O V E . D O V E The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

ciel de etoile
ciel2.gif
mentions: YoungX YoungX
Ciel looked to Kalin's solution and blinked, watching as he stumbled over himself in words. Her round, blue orbs were understanding and calm, encouraging even, for him to put his thoughts together correctly. She was good with this, always, and had never lost patience with others too easily.

Why, they were in university after all, so why should rooming with a male student be wrong? It was harmless, innocent, and with good intention. A smile grew onto the sweet girl's face, her grip tightening at his arm the more she understood what he was trying to communicate. Part of her slow reaction was also, in addition to patience, the fact that she was translating english-to-french in her mind.

"Why not? I mean, your gender and my gender, well-- they're just... things." She said and shrugged, her bright smile never faultering. "I think you'd make a great room-mate. You don't have to stumble, but if you do, i'm right here." And she was genuine, most innocent,
it was as though the things of negative connotation and misjudgment were things of myth with her.

"I'm going to write our names down. I'm Ciel DeEtoile," And with that she let his arm go and spun away in her white dress shoes to the roster sheet, looking back once over her shoulder, blue tresses waving aside like silk. "And yours?"
coding by cychotic

Kalin
Relief came over him as the girl had understood. She was truly a nice and wonderful person. It had a little jubilant for some reason. He couldn't really explain it. It was an oddity that he would decide to just ignore for now.

Kalin gave a small smile as she went to write her name down.

"I'm Kalin. Kalin Pierrot. It's nice to meet you new roommate." He would join up with her as he stood next to her.

YUKINE ROSENFELD
STATUS: finding a roomie/// The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear

Yukine had to raise a curious brow at the stranger's pause before his following words confirmed her thoughts. The ashen-haired smirked,

Ah, another fan of mine.. They seem to be everywhere.

"Right." she replied with tone confirming that she's used to receiving compliments. Wow, the guy was really in awe with her ashen-colored hair since he claimed to be lost in thought while staring at it. She let out a tired sigh, "Does it remind you of the quiet transition of autumn to winter? Perhaps the ashen sky filled with gloom? I always get that." Yukine crossed her arms and huffed.

That was the moment a red-haired interrupted, asking about the rooming system. The ashen-haired raised an eyebrow at her, studying the new girl from head to toe. "I guess you can do." she said. She then turned to the white-haired stranger, "Let's admire how good-looking I am later." she waved her hand at him once before turning her attention to the red-haired girl.

"I will give you the wonderful privilege of rooming with me. As a way of thanking me, you help me carry my luggage to our room." Yukine flashed her a confident smile, "Your name?" she asked. If the red-haired would tell her her name then she would write their name together to the list and if she won't she would narrow her eyes on her until she says yes.

Edward Pennington
Edward was about to explode. How self-centred can you fucking be? She was just going on and on about herself. It took a lot of restraint not to burst her pretty little bubble and show her what she actually is. A pampered little shit on an overpriced university. Come to think of it, wouldn't he be a pampered little shit as well? He also came from a rich family and was taken care of well. However, that thought vanished from Edwards mind as he processed more of what the girl said. There was a clear difference in attitude.

Thankfully, a different person interrupted her. She had short, red hair that flowed down to her shoulders and seemed to be more mannered than the ashen-haired girl. In a matter of seconds, she abducted her and forced her to become her roommate. Heh. Good going there mate! He chuckled while noting her sacrifice. Edward had enough of her and wanted to stay there not a moment longer. He passed by the ashen-haired girl and grabbed a pen.

A normal, cheap, ball point. How primitive. He then looked at the paper and wrote his name on the room that was the furthest away from everyone else. Leaving the pen on the paper, Edward grabbed his luggage and then left, proceeding to his room that he had chosen. He was aware that he had not selected a roommate and that any person could just write their name next to his and be his roommate.. But he really did not care who he roomed with. He was just wishing that the prospect of having to stay away from everyone would intimidate someone to not stay with him. There was also the chance that all the rooms would fill up, leading to him having to stay with a person who nobody wanted to stay with. He rolled his eyes at the idea and opened up the pamphlet they were given earlier to find a way to his room.

Entering his room, Edward placed his bag on the bottom bunk. He then moved over to one of the desks and emptied out the contents of his backpack. He placed all of his books in the cupboard, meticulously organising them. He then unpacked his clothing, and organised them by colour, occasion and etc. After leaving his phone to charge, he grabbed a fresh pair of clothing and then proceeded to the bathroom, wanting to have a quick shower.

Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear . D O V E . D O V E

Kasumi "Cheiko" Gen'ishi: She was watching the two in front of her, while the guy simply wrote his name down and said nothing, she was surprised by the girl in front of her. It technically answered her question but she wasn't sure if she wanted to room with the girl in front of her. Privilege? She was absolutely bewildered and wondered if this girl was famous or something, but it didn't look like it. Kasumi looks around the room, it seemed like everyone had a roommate and she was half-tempted to write her name down next to the guy's, but he didn't even say a single word to him. Looks like she was alone here and was stuck with this girl. She had no idea what to think but no one was coming to the rescue. "Uhm, thank you..it's uh..Kasumi but I really prefer to be called Cheiko," she adds the last part really quickly, wanting to get it out before it got too late. She wanted to emphasize how she didn't like her first name and hoped this girl would call her by her middle name. Though she didn't mind being this girl's roommate, she couldn't comply with the other request. Kasumi motions to how her hands were full. "I'm sorry...I can't really help you with your bags..my hands are already full.." She wasn't sure why she was asking her to help her. Perhaps she was injured and she felt bad, but how could she possibly carry her stuff and her roommate's stuff?

Mentions: The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect ; Interactions: . D O V E . D O V E

One hour later...
Jade was in her dorm room, putting away her belongings to the best of her ability. She wondered where her roomate was. Maybe they were getting food or exploring the ship. Maybe they got lost and are just late? It could be any number of reasons, not like the students really had a schedule to follow on the first day. It would mostly be "Getting to know you stuff"

noire noire Lazy Taco Lazy Taco rukadg rukadg R Rock And Roll Boy YoungX YoungX . D O V E . D O V E RolePlayerCassandra RolePlayerCassandra Galaxy Bear Galaxy Bear The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Danidify Danidify @Mikkimi
(taggin everyone! YAY!!
feel free to have your character(s) do pretty much anything as long as everyone gets in interact until nightfall.
Also try and start some kind of drama so we have plot devices for later.)

Josiné was standing there with no-one to ask for directions. She had her head hung low, hands resting against her crotch, whimpering a tad. She didn't know where to go, she'd only just arrived. Late, but still...

YUKINE ROSENFELD
By the time an hour has passed, the ashen-haired girl was already finished putting her stuff to the right place in an organized manner. She turned to look at her roommate's way and scoffed. The red-haired declined the privilege of carrying Yukine's bag and the spoiled girl can't help but feel upset about it. She had to drag everything to their shared room and it wasn't easy at all.

Yukine stood up on her bed and looked down on her roommate, "Alright, Kiko if we're gonna share a room together then you'll have to follow my rules." she snapped her fingers to try and get Kiko's attention if ever her commanding tone didn't. "First of all, I don't like loud and obnoxious things. Second, Yukine's stuff is Yukine's stuff so it would be best if you refrain from touching any of my things unless necessary. There will be more rules added soon." she finished with a proud huff.

She hopped off her bed and proceeded to her vanity mirror, "You probably already know this but I'm Yukine Rosenfeld." she introduced herself in a flat tone expecting the other girl to recognize whoever she was.

Kasumi "Cheiko" Gen'ishi: She listens to Yukine talk after everything was put away. Kasumi let Yukine pick her side first before putting her stuff away as well. The only thing she didn't take out was her father's sword, she was afraid that Yukine would do something with it, and simply didn't trust it. So she kept it in her suitcase for now and hid it in her closet. By luck, Kasumi was able to take the bottom bunk, and she was so relieved since she was deathly afraid of heights, and probably wouldn't have any case to convince Yukine otherwise. When Yukine began establishing the ground rules, she was a bit confused. Why would she touch Yukine's stuff? Kasumi never planned on doing so and assumed that Yukine wouldn't touch her things either. "It's Cheiko," she says a bit quietly, correcting the girl on her nickname. She was glad however Yukine didn't like loud or obnoxious things because neither did she. As far as when Yukine emphasized her name, Kasumi was at a complete lost. "Are you someone famous?" She asks, unsure of what Yukine was trying to imply, having no idea who she was.

. D O V E . D O V E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back