• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom United against the Shadows (main Thread)

Characters
Here

One of Hearts

One of a kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It's finally here guys!

In the heart of the Clone Wars, a malevolent force lurks in the shadows, threatening to engulf the galaxy in darkness. Whispers of a clandestine organization spread fear among Republic loyalists and Separatist sympathizers alike, as their insidious influence extends across the stars. This shadowy cabal, known only as the "Eclipse Syndicate," operates with ruthless efficiency, manipulating key figures and orchestrating events to sow chaos and discord. From sabotaging vital supply lines to assassinating high-ranking officials, their actions strike at the very heart of the war effort, plunging entire sectors into turmoil. Who you are suddenly matters deeply as many are called to act in defense of the Galaxy.

Reminder of the rules:
This is a Clone Wars RP as you have seen. You have the choice of being a Jedi (you may choose to be a Jedi knight or a Padawan), Clone trooper, or Mandalorian. For those wishing to dabble into the dark side of the force that is something we can discuss over private DM's. Please let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. I plan to have this be a fast-paced RP so please keep that in mind. That means I could care less if your response is two words or two pages worth of words. Both are fine with me as long as you respond on a general basis. There are no turns in this RP. By that I mean just respond if you think your character would respond. If you feel like you need to wait for someone else's response that is alright. But also give people some time to respond as well. To keep it simple: respond as you see fit but please be courteous and kind to others.

This is an adult RP. Please follow the rules and guidelines of RP Nation and Everything should be fine.

Please be respectful and kind to all players. If you can't do that, this is not the RP for you.

No god-like characters, please! Half the fun is working together. Also if you wish for other characters to interact with yours in the post, please try to reach out to them and ask if that is ok.

In this RP we will create problems for each other to solve so if this kicks off well, then I will create a Discord and we can discuss some things we are interested in our characters doing in this RP and can create problems together for our characters to solve.

The last thing is to have fun! If you start and decide it's not your thing, you are not obligated to RP! Please let me know and I'll find a way for you to exit. If you are struggling in the RP please DM me and I would love to help make it more interesting for you! I want everyone to have fun, feel respected, and work together to save the galaxy!

Harlow watched with big eyes. She had been in space before, but never to a different planet. Just her home and the Jedi temple. But this...This was different. Not to mention she was assigned a Jedi knight to take her on as an apprentice. She stood up straight when the ship was getting ready to land, she wanted to make a good impression. Mandalore...the base was in the outskirts of the big city. Some of the natives might join them, but for the moment the Jedi were the main leads with the clones. Harlow hadn't seen a clone before. She had heard of them but she never met one. She supposed she was either too busy training, or getting in trouble and thus cleaning. Well no more, she was going to meet a clone as well as her master! She wondered if perhaps he would show her his lightsaber. She was always fascinated by the swords but was never allowed to hold a real one, just a wooden stick to resemble one. She supposed she should make a good first impression. It was a shame but the troublemaking would have to be placed to the side. She wanted to seem knowledgeable. And since she wasn't officially chosen by this Jedi knight, she might want to get on their good side so as to stay within the order and not be kicked out. She had heard horror stories and didn't want to live through that. Not that she would actually know what would happen. All she heard was the youngling's rumors of those who were never chosen. This was an assignment, and she would be getting her lightsaber when the Jedi found her ready. So it would be best to be on her best behavior...unless she was sure she wouldn't get caught. The ship finally landed and Harlow took a deep breath. It's finally time to meet everyone.

As the corellian Consular class Frigate came out of Hyperspace the FA-4 Pilot designated “Lex” would press the ships intercom’s “We have arrived Sir Chuul”. It would say as it began the steady descent to the surface of Mandalore.

Valdek would be found in his room sitting upon his bed “meditating”…Or at least it would have appeared until a yawn and stretch revealed the truth of the matter. He had been napping, rather peacefully at that. Rising from the bed he would stretch further before making his way to the bathroom where he would splash some water on his face and wipe the crust from his eyes. “get it together Val you’ve got people to meet and business to get to.” He would mutter to himself as he stepped into his boots beside the sink and tossed his robe loosely over his shoulders. Exiting his room he would snatch his belt, saber still on it, from the rack near the door and make his way to the cargo hold where the landing ramp would be. “Oh right…im supposed to meeting my padawan today…” he would muse as the ship’s hydraulics whined with the force of a hundred meters worth of metal landing. He could almost hear his masters voice chiding in his ear “Stand up straight lad, first impressions only happen once.” His body would instinctively follow this imagined order and as the door opened with the ramp extending out he would descend its length vaguely reaching out with the force to better absorb his surroundings. It didnt take him long to identify the nervous looking young twilek amidst the relatively empty landing zone. “you must be….holly was it? No thats not right…Hallow. Yeah thats it. Hello hallow. Whats say we get straight to business hmmm?” He said with way to much confidence despite being obviously oblivious. “First things first, What happened here Im sure you’ve mingled a bit whilst waiting. Give me the full scoop.”

One of Hearts One of Hearts

Today was the day the Jedi and his Padawan are supposed to arrive, and naturally, practically everyone in the entire base was excited. That also meant, that the preparation phase of building the base and setting up all the facilities was over and that they were about to go to war. That, and to most of the people here the Jedi were something special, almost something supernatural. Ziva was working on stocking her workstation as the door to the med bay flew open and a very excited Kyra Sunrider, one of the people still in training, ran in. "They just landed!", she yelled. "They're here!"

Most of the medics here chose to become one, because the Jedi or the Republic helped them in some way or another and here they had more opportunities for a better life. Not Ziva. She was here by 'half-choice', as she likes to put it. She rolled her eyes and sighed, noticing Kyra make her way over to her. "You must be so excited. Finally someone to talk to and who can understand you", she said. "Yeah, I guess", Ziva replied. She had been the one tasked to show the Jedi and his Padawan around, so she could be with 'her people' as the others in the team had put it. As if the Jedi were her people. She had only grown up in the Temple, and yet, somehow they thought she was also a Jedi. With a final sigh she said: "Kyra, please finish my task of restocking. I'll be right back", and with that she walked out of the med bay, a chorus of 'have fun's' following her on the way out. Yeah, right. Fun. Ziva never disliked being the only one with Force abilities, except for the fact that the was the one who always had to do the heavy lifting. Being the only one or almost the only one made life less difficult. With that she arrived at the door to the landing platform. Here goes nothing, and with a reassuring sigh, she opened the door.

With every step she took, the ball of anxiety in her stomach grew. Jedi weren't always the nicest to her. Not wanting the others to pick up on that, she hid it behind a thick wall of feigned indifference. She put on a polite smile and bowed slightly once she stood in front of the two. "Master Jedi, Padawan", she greeted. "My name's Ziva and I'll be your tour-guide today", she joked, or at least tried to. "Follow me", and with that she took off to show them around.

"This is the entrance. It's usually locked during the night, starting at 10 pm, but you can get in with those keys", she handed both of them a keycard. "With this you can practically open any of the doors if you need to, so don't lose those", she explained further and then walked off again. Yes, it was rushed, but Ziva would much rather count the cotton balls in the storage area and double check it than showing them around. "Coming up to your left is the med bay. And here's the cantina", she walked to the door and let everyone in. "Breakfast is served at sunrise, and dinner at sunset", she explained and continued the tour, until they reached the Jedi's quarters. "And this is where both of you will be staying. There's two beds in there and both of you can get in with the keycard. Any questions?", she didn't wait for an actual answer. "Good. I have a lot of work to do, so I'll be down in the med bay", she said and realized how rude that sounded. "But if you need anything, come by at any time", and with that she walked away as fast as she could, without making it seem like she was trying to get away from them.

"That was fast. How was it?", was the first thing she heard after stepping back in the med bay. Everyone had stopped doing their tasks and was looking expectedly at her, awaiting her answer. "It was good", she answered, a bit uncertain. "Did you talk about the Force and Force techniques?", came the next question. "Yeah, sure", Ziva wasn't quite sure how to answer that, as she wasn't exactly trying to make friends. "Is the Jedi as powerful as they say?", came the inevitable question, which always breaks the straw for her. "Don't you all have things to do?", she asked as an answer and everyone went back to work. Powerful. Not really something the Jedi were after, but Ziva felt that the Jedi knew what he was doing. But the Jedi were powerful more in a sense of a Jack-of-all-trades kind of powerful, and Ziva had the advantage of only focusing on one set of skills. In a fight, she'd probably win against him, even if she can't fight very well. But proficiency with a blade only helped when you could see the target, not when the world is spinning and your thoughts aren't fully clear. With a short huff, she decided to also get back to the task she had started before showing the Jedi around. After all, they had to be ready when the mission started.

One of Hearts One of Hearts NachoGod NachoGod

Harlow blinked. This was the Jedi Knight that was taking her in? He looked like he had just woken up from a nap! That frizzy red hair...the nonchalant look in his eyes...a lightsaber! He has one! And she badly wanted to see it in action. It'd have to wait of course. They were meeting. Besides...looks can be deceiving. Harlow gave a smile until he called her by her name...or rather what he thought was her name. Should she correct him? Can a padawan do that? Could she risk that? She did not want to be sent back. It might be a bit of fun to convince him that was her name and see how long it takes him to figure out that it wasn't her name. She decided she'd just pretend as if he had said her name correctly for the time being.

She was about to speak when a woman came in. She was a tour guide? Harlow didn't know that a base would even have one, but this was neat she supposed. So much was happening at once. Harlow was thinking about what to do or say when her master and the woman started to walk off. She quickly dropped all her thoughts and followed. Harlow normally would have been paying attention to every word Ziva was saying, but she felt something odd. There was a connection between the three of them. She could hear something gentle like wind chimes every step they took. Harlow watched Ziva with big eyes. What was this feeling? It was as if the force moved through all three of them in the same way, and yet it was different at the same time. Ziva held herself in an odd way, as if she was one of them but also wasn't. Harlow knew that her master was force-sensitive...but the tour guide herself was as well...and yet she didn't spy a lightsaber or any other sign that she was a Jedi. It bothered Harlow. Ziva was one of them...surely she was. There was a type of barrier, one Harlow desperately wanted to break down. She decided not to do anything though. She didn't want Ziva to feel uncomfortable. Though Harlow was afraid Ziva already felt so. She stayed behind her master and kept quiet, listening as best she could, but she was more focused on Ziva than the tour itself.

When they came to a stop and were handed cards, Harlow wanted to speak up. She wanted to ask Ziva if she too felt this feeling, but Ziva was gone as quickly as she had appeared. Harlow was left speechless again. She slowly turned to her "Master". She blinked for a moment, attempting to decide what to say. Was now the time to correct him on her name? Would she even do that or would she mess around? Should she call out for Ziva to come back? Harlow wasn't sure what to say until the words simply came out themselves: "Why isn't she with us if she's one of us? I know you sense it too. You don't need me to tell you this Syndicate...it's far worse than what the order or the senate lead on."

As Valdek Followed behind Ziva, he noticed several things. Firstly, there was a Tension in the air, one so thick he doubted even his lightsaber could’ve cut it. Their guide was uncomfortable. Does she have something to hide? He wondered to himself . The second thing was that she was connected to the force, and a strong connection it was, perhaps even rivaling his own. There was a fraction of a second when he thought she could be a sith or something, apparently they were cropping up all over the place since the death of master Quigon some years ago, then there was the defection of Master Dooku. Yet as he mused that thought was dashed away. If she were a sith she would be better at hiding her feelings and her connection for that matter…perhaps a failed youngling? That was something he hadn’t seen much of, nonetheless a connection like hers wasnt one you got without some training or some kind of insane genetic lottery, and last he checked the council wasn’t prone to leaving such Stones unturned. Regardless he felt little in the way of threatening motives from her so he decided the best bet would he to mind his own business, there was an investigation to be had. He thanked her with a slight bow as he accepted the card and once he had stepped into the room with his new padawan and the door closed he would hear her speak up for the first time.
"Why isn't she with us if she's one of us? I know you sense it too. You don't need me to tell you this Syndicate...it's far worse than what the order or the senate lead on."

Not everyone who the force touches is a Jedi, there are those who use it for other purposes. And No, I’m regretfully familiar with the Syndicate though not directly…yet.” The last bit seemed to have a bit of fire in it. He would turn to face the padawan with a look of slight exasperated . “First id like to lay a few ground rules. Number one, I am barely older than you so please never call me “master” such things make me feel old. I can practically feel the wrinkles coming with every youngling that calls me that.” He seemed to shudder as he remembered his last days on Coruscant after his trials, those children were always “master” this and master that. “Secondly, Uncoil yourself, speak your mind around me, secrets are for the old codgers on the council they seem to love them in fact. Besides, we will likely have to trust each other with our lives its best if we can actually trust each other.” He would sit down on one of the two beds in the room and for the first time in a long time a look of seriousness would wash over him. “thirdly. No matter what is happening, no matter the situation. If i tell you to run, you do exactly that. I refuse to have your death on my hands, you will be careful, you will prioritize your safety over mine and all else including any mission or task you think is important. We can always find a new solution, We will not throw ours lives away.” His face would soften after that last bit and he would take in a deep breath as if sighing in reverse. “If you can promise me these three things, i will teach you everything i know, we will have a great time molding you into a great jedi, and in time, you may well be a better one than me…as if that would be much of a milestone anyway. What do you say there Hallow?” He would extend his hand for her to shake, Granted it was a human gesture, but he figured she spent enough time on Coruscant to get the idea.​

Last edited:
Harlow stood there in shock. He was not traditional in any sense of the word. Perhaps she should have known that. However, she liked the idea of something nontraditional. The idea of a different kind of relationship intrigued her. She had questions but didn't want to keep him waiting. She slowly reached out and took his hand. The moment she took his hand, the connection happened. Harlow took a step back and closed her eyes, covering her eyes a bit. There was a flash of vision of someone. she felt anger, desire, frustration, but most importantly a need for power. She shook her head then looked back at Valdek. She didn't understand her vision...it was blurry and it wasn't a person she thought she knew. The vision had left as quickly as it had come. The feelings quickly subsided as well. They were not her own. She looked back at Valdek. They weren't his feelings either. At least she didn't believe they were. "Did you see that?" She asked. He seemed intrigued. Perhaps she was going crazy again. This had happened before and she told the other younglings. But they called her crazy and sent her to get checked out. "Um...nevermind. I might be sick from the flight here. It was my first time in a long time in space. I should get checked out. Do you remember where the infirmary was? I kinda wasn't paying much attention."

The moment their hands met, Val could feel Harlow stiffen and the shortly afterwards she backed away and closed her eyes. He hadn’t felt anything within himself, but he could certainly feel the shift in her emotions. All at once he could feel the surge of fury, ambition, strife, and a longing for something that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. Yet as soon as they had arisen in her they had faded. By the time she had looked back at him he had already seemed to put his mask of nonchalance back on.

“Tread carefully where you lack understanding lad”

He could hear his masters old saying ringing in his mind. So he retreated behind his usual shield of Uncaring aloofness. “Hyperspace sickness can certainly take it out of you, Backtrack the hall we were lead, it should be on the right side not too far from here. Try to return quickly, ill reach out to our Mando contact in the meantime and get a briefing…” He knew she was hiding something but then again he was here wearing his own mask, so who was he to judge. Besides they would be spending the foreseeable future with one another, it would come out in due time and much as he hated the idea, he did have a job to do here. “see if you can track down a cup of Caf while your out. Im betting we could both use some.” He would smile and sort of shoo her off to ensure she didnt feel as if he were trying to keep her.​

Ziva just finished setting up her office, the one she got from the republic to work on her more controversial patients, that needed more privacy than the others. The boards she had fight to get this were unbelievable, but she did it. She had an officially closed office. It was rather small, but it did its job. But of course every time they or she relocates, she has to find a new place and set it up. This time it was a small storage closet adjacent to the med bay, and she'd just carried a desk and a couple of chairs inside, and made a mental note to look for something more comfortable. After all, this was going to be a safe space. She had also previously made sure if it was soundproof, and luckily it was. It really was the perfect place for her office, as she called it.

Suddenly came a knock, but she wasn't surprised. Ziva knew it was Kyra again, she had felt her approach. What was surprising was the thing she said next. "You have a patient". "Already?", Ziva was impressed. Who managed to get hurt so early on? "Well, it's uh.....", Kyra started, but Ziva interrupted: "Don't tell me it's the jedi". "No, it's not the Jedi, it's", Kyra started again. "His Padawan", Ziva finished the sentence before Kyra could. Ziva had a suspicion of what it is about, as she could also notice the force presence. Not that she needed to, the title Padawan already said it all, but that was the way it usually went: a Padawan notices her signature and starts asking questions, and then makes her feel like bantha poodoo. "Can't one of you do it?", she asked Kyra. "Yes, but don't you think it would be fun? You said it went well, why are you so hesitant now?", Kyra asked. Ziva had to admit that Kyra had a point. She had put up a façade in front of the others, and now she had to stick with it, if she didn't want the others to become suspicious, which she definitely did not want. "Fine. Prepare her. I'll be right there", she agreed.

A few minutes later Kyra came back to tell her that her patient was ready. With a sigh she picked up her notepad and put on her coat. Ziva always carried a notepad on her to write down any important information if the case was a bit more complicated and walked to the bed Kyra said she had set up the Padawan earlier. "Alright, what troubles you?", she asked as she walked in. "I know you can't be hurt already. Padawans aren't generally so careless. So why are you really here?", she put the sentence in the other girls head through the force. Her suspicions were now almost fully confirmed, but she wanted to hear it from her. But, she also started to do the check-up, so the others didn't find out that there was a different conversation going on, than what she made it seem.

One of Hearts One of Hearts

Harlow looked around. Who said that? The only other person in here was Ziva. Oh no, she was going crazy! Harlow looked at her with big eyes. They looked tired from staying awake. There was a hint of anxiousness in her but she did her best to stay calm. "I think I need rest." She looked at Ziva and felt it again. That pull of the force. The question lingered in her mind once more. Why wasn't she a Jedi? Valdek mentioned not everyone with the force is a Jedi, but she had never heard of another position for force users. She looked at Ziva again, wanting so badly to ask her but was afraid of how she might respond. "I um...I saw something. I'm not entirely sure but I felt something with it. This has happened to me before and I was checked for it. I had medication for it too. But I felt sick after taking it. Then I heard something...like you were talking to me in my mind or something. Is that...a Jedi trick? It's apparent to me that the force is strong with you, but I don't understand why you're not a Jedi. Did you choose to be a medic instead? Are there...other paths than that of the Jedi? Can Lightsabers...be red?"

She stopped in her tracks to look at the girl. “So you just walked all the way down here to tell me, that you need to rest?”, she asked, confusion making way for disbelief. “You’re wasting my time”, and right as she wanted to leave the girl continued to speak, so she stayed. For now.

She sighed. For someone who grew up in the temple she didn’t know much. As question after question just flowed out. She directed the other girl up from the bed and slowly made her way to the quarters while answering her questions.

“Seeing something can be a few things it depends on under which circumstances you saw them”, she explained the first question. “And yes, that was me talking to you. And before you can ask no, not everyone can do that. She grimaced at the bit of the girl talking about her connection to the force. “I didn’t choose anything, and for the paths of a Jedi, or not Jedi, that’s what you have a master for”, she said and knocked at the door to the quarters. “Brought her back for you”, she explained once the door opened. “I’ll see you in a bit for dinner”, and with that, she walked away again.

“I’m starving!”, Kyra said as they stood in line to get food. “Oh yes, me too”, Ziva agreed. It had been a very tiring day for all of them, so they were once again enjoying a meal together. Just like always and for a moment, Ziva almost forgot about the Jedi being here. That was until suddenly the atmosphere changed and the others started whispering. “You know you shouldn’t whisper around a Pantoran, I can practically hear-“, she stopped realizing what they were saying. How she should go to her kind, as they were here now. Ziva knew they meant well, but this was her kind. The medic team and now not even they wanted her. She had just thought she’d found her place, but apparently she was once again too Jedi. Too Jedi for commoners, but too common for the Jedi.

“Can you please stop”, she hit her fist on the metallic table. “I want to enjoy my dinner in peace”. Then she realized how the others looked at her. Full of fear. That deflated the situation and she looked at where she had hit her fist. There was a small round dent in the table. Yup, she just made it worse. And the fact that the entire cantina was dead silent now also didn’t help. Mumbling something about not being hungry anymore she got up to put her tray away.

One of Hearts One of Hearts NachoGod NachoGod

The moment harlow left the room Valdek would rise to his feet and make his way to the holonet computer in the northern corner room. It didn’t take long for him to access the personal communications network of the base, it had little in the form of security and so long as he didn’t press his luck and try to access any classified data he wouldn’t trigger any Sort of security systems. “Wow base life must have been boring here.” He thought to himself as he scrolled through weeks worth of mundane nothing conversations. Finally he found the up to date communications and got wind of Clone troopers moving about the local area. Strangely enough they were being sent to some small town. Using that town as a keyword to search through the rest of the communications he sucked in a breath through his nose. “All of it? The entire town and they destroyed all of it? But why? Better yet how, there was a sizable garrison.” He continued his search and began to look into some of images accompanying the messages. One in particular from the medical team showed a clone with a deep cauterized gash one that managed to get clean through the plastiod-alloy armor. A realization washed over his face just as the knock on the door came.

He was careful to shut off the Viewing screen before making his was towards the door, granted he knew what would be on the other side before it opened, so far there were only two people other than him that radiated the force. As he opened the door he found their Tour guide ziva and Harlow. “Thank you” he would say to her after she mentioned bringing her back. When the door closed he smirked at his padawan. “Im guessing there wasn’t much help to be offered was there? Perhaps now you will consider asking me? I know we are still fresh in our meeting, but i do recall you agreeing to “Uncoil”. Come on, we can discuss it on the way to the cantina, that Caf is definitely going to be needed…seems we have more to worry about than I initially thought.” He would open the door behind her with gesture of his hand and with his other hand gesture for her to take point.

Harlow looked at him and gave him a look. "You already knew? No fair! First you get my name wrong, then you made me go to the cranky jedi and think I was crazy." She folded her arms and started to take the lead. "Well I've got news for you, I'm not crazy and apparently seeing visions is very normal. Also, red is apparently a lightsaber color." She unfolded her arms and started to lead to the cantina. "I didn't see much...but maybe if you train me, or get me a lightsaber...I could focus more and find out who I saw."

Valdek Smirked at his padawans finding her fire. “There you go, great job Harlow, you’ve passed the first of many tests. If you didn’t have the gumption to stand up to me, you wouldn’t have much that you would stand up for. Glad to see that isn’t the case.” He followed behind the puffing twi’lek as she continued her little rant. “im afraid ziva is not a jedi, though she likely could have been one, i intend to find out what happened that steered her in a different direction. And yes visions are common to those with a strong connection to the force.” There was a pause in his steps for a fraction of a second as she mentioned the red saber but he was quick to compose himself again. “Red is indeed a color of lightsabers. But not one that you ever want to see. It is used almost exclusively by the Sith, ancient enemies of the jedi who use the darkside of the force to spread pain and suffering throughout the galaxy and in turn feed on those dark emotions to fuel their power. The red color used to be achieved by ‘bleeding’ the kyber crystals of their lightsabers. Not quite sure how it was achieved but i did find mention of it in my younger years.” His tone seemed a bit somber and lacked his usual cheerful undertone. “As for your saber. We will definitely be getting you one, in fact i plan on us doing so almost as soon as we leave this planet. I fear you may need it sooner than id have liked. i may not be the best duelist in the order, but I’m sure you’ll be able to find something worthwhile in the limited knowledge i have on the subject.”

Last edited:
Harlow stopped and waited for him to catch up to her. She thought as she did then looked him in the eyes. "I saw a sith then. or at least someone with that color of lightsaber. I felt....anger, frustration, and a desire for power. But the thing I felt the strongest...was control. The need a manipulate and control others, especially you. I'm not sure why, but I think I'm going to have to make an amendment to our rules. If you say run I might run...or I might try to help you. I don't want your blood on my hands either."

As the duo rounded the corner they found the entrance to the cantina. Valdek arched his left eyebrow at the padawans comment. “If thats the goal of this sith you see then your certainly right about them being frustrated. Not one person in my life has gotten me to do what i don’t want too, and I doubt any one could either. No need to worry about such things.” Though Valdek did feel a bit nervous at these revelations he would not let this be known, but the gears were certainly turning. Lightsaber wounds, visions of a red saber, the attack itself. He felt as if destiny was driving him directly towards a confrontation with a dark force. One that seemed tied to this Eclipse syndicate.

The gears turning in his head were nearly blown off the mindscape entirely by a sudden swell in the force within the cantina. Stepping into the cantina he spotted ziva and all eyes seemed to be on her until the pair walked in. Again the tension was palpable but this time Valdek was not going to let it dissuade him. He calmly but briskly crossed the room motioning with a hand behind him for Harlow to follow. Without waiting for any invitation he sat down across from the Pantoran. “Ziva was it? If i recall your on the medical team. Have you had to treat any lightsaber wounds lately? Something tells Me you wouldn’t have a hard time identifying them.” He hoped his sudden jumping into the deep end of the questioning would catch her off guard enough to have her stumble over any attempts to come up with a story or excuse. But more than that he hoped she wouldnt feel the need to.​

She raised an eyebrow as they walked over to her. Just her luck. She glanced over to her crew mates as he sat down across from her. They weren’t sure if they were in awe or still scared of her. She sighed and directed her attention back to the Jedi.

“Lightsaber wounds? Not really, and I detect any common wound fairly easy”, she started. “I however also know that this isn’t what you actually wanted from me, to know if I treat them often. Besides, if you were at the temple, which I assume both of you have, you should’ve seen me around somewhere. So, what is it that you want”, she said, hoping to cut this conversation short, so she could leave. She really needed to meditate after that.

Harlow sat down. She's seemingly always cranky...apart from when the other nurse is around. what was her name? Kyra? Harlow looked around the room. It was going to look like they were interrogating the cranky one. She supposed she shouldn't allow it so she slipped and found the nice one, Kyra. "I hear you know about lightsabers. I don't know too much but I wanna learn what they can do! Got anything for me?" The lady smiled sweetly and offered to show her a few of the battle droids that had met their end by a lightsaber and a few reports. Harlow might have convinced Kyra to get reports she didn't have clearance for. All she had to do was wait as the nice lady walked off to grab some files. Harlow smirked a bit, proud of her work with the force and acting naive. It's gotten her far enough.

After waiting a few moments, Kyra came back and Harlow began to examine the files. These were recent...and some of the files were of clones. "This was...." Kyra shushed her. Harlow kept quiet. They were all dead...there wasn't anything anyone could have done to save these clones. Only a few remained and those that did were shipped immediately to Kamino. "Does Ziva know?" she whispered. Kyra looked down. Harlow figured. Ziva might have tried to help these men. "Who said she couldn't know?" She asked. Kyra looked away now. Apparently, she couldn't even say who the order was from. So it was someone high up. "Thanks anyways. This helps out a lot. We'll get the person behind this." She glanced through the files again and found a name. "Interesting." She handed the files back. She then made her way back over. "Kyra is very nice. hey when can I get my lightsaber?"

She glanced at the Jedi’s Padawan who had left and was now coming back. She narrowed her eyes a bit, but didn’t comment on it. She could always ask her team if they heard/saw something. But it was a clever change of subject. “Wait, you don’t have a lightsaber yet? And you’re a padawan?”, she asked in disbelief. As a padawan you had to have your own lightsaber. “How will you defend yourself against threats?”, she asked, going back to how she had been taught to think as a youngling.

Harlow blinked. "The same way you do, with the force and training to beat people up. But the Jedi way isn't to attack. It's to defend. Which reminds me, will you teach me that mind trick of yours? That seems very helpful. Also you should consider getting a lightsabe with me. The more help we get the better." She sat back, trying to act cool but she was worried about what she had seen.

“Oh no, I don’t fight. Or beat people up”, she explained. “And I never said anything of attacking. I asked how you could defend yourself”, she went on. They were lucky she hadn’t managed to get away yet, but she started to try the trick from earlier again and slowly started walking towards their quarters again.

“Ah no, it takes years to learn it and to this degree even more. You’d never get it, before becoming a knight. And no, I also will not get a lightsaber with you, as I don’t need nor want one. It’ll be an important moment for you though”, she said truthfully and wished she could walk a bit faster, but knew she couldn’t if she didn’t want the others to notice what she was doing.

Harlow gave her a look, then shrugged. "Fine fine, leave me out of the cool jedi mind trick club. I'll learn something cool and soon. But for now I suppose you can tell me why you're so cranky with us but not with Kyra. Do you like her?"

“I’m not cranky”, she snapped, but paused at her realization. “Sorry”, she mumbled a bit later. “It’s not you, specifically. I just”, she wasn’t sure if she should go there, but so far neither of them had made fun of her. “Don’t really trust Jedi. Or padawans for that matter”, she said. “But I’d rather not talk about it further”, she hoped to shut down that conversation before it even began.

Harlow raised an eyebrow. So she can be reached! "Mmm I don't think we're thar different from normal people. It sounds like maybe in the past the jedi did bad things but hey, give us a shot! We're different. You might be suprised. You don't need to completely put your trust in us, but I think it'd be nice to work together. You're pretty knowledgeable and I am full of potential. Valdek over here isn't traditional at all either. It's really odd."

A grin spread across Valdeks face. “Lightsaber wounds are hardly common, but your right i was curious as to your force connection and all that, but by no means was it my primary concern, You misunderstand the situation here, im not investigating You. People have been killed, and from what I’ve gathered a saber was the method by which it occurred. I simply felt a medic with ties to the force would have more to tell me than someone else would.” He would rise from his seat around the time Harlow came back from her little venture. no words he said would rid her of the feelings she had towards the jedi so there was no point in wasting the effort that would he much better spent dealing with the immediate problem he was facing…a low level of Caffine in his system.

Turning on his heel he made his way to the bar and would ask “Will credits do?” A nod from the barkeep and a quick transfer later and he held the joyous black liquid in his hands steam still rising from the mug. He returned just in time to hear Ziva mention her disdain for jedi out loud and harlows comment on his lack of traditional jedi values. she catches on quick. “well now there is something we can agree on, jedi are rather annoying and I understand not enjoying our company. However we are the only ones here right now that you can trust were not involved in the villages destruction. So the question is, what weighs more, your disdain for my robes? Or your desire to help people. This was not the first village that was destroyed and it most certainly will not be the last if we cant put a stop to it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back