• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Undyne x Alphys date

Updownbanana

Alphys walked through Waterfall nervously, talking to herself the whole way.

"She-she'll find out everything..."

"She'll r-r-realize what a gross p-person I am..."

"No! She already kn-knows all that, and s-s-she still w-wanted this to h-happen!"

"She already kn-knows the w-worst thing about..."

She trailed off, thinking about what was hidden under her lab.

"she'll hate me even more, won't she..."

She kept walking, switching between pep talks and self-hatred the entire time until she finally reached the small cave in Waterfall where Undyne lived. She raised a shaky claw to the door, then put it down. After assuring herself that she would be fine, that Undyne liked her despite what she'd done, that this would go fine, she raised it again and knocked softly on the door.

Undyne

Undyne was sitting in a chair with her feet on her table. She had a bottle of water in one hand and a newspaper in the other. The newspaper read, "School is closed due to puzzle reactivation." It was old but she read it anyway. "Heh...nerds." she mumbled to herself. Inside she was really worried. What if Alphys thought she looked bad?! What if Alphys didn't like her mascara?! What if Alphys found out about the super embarrassing time when she tried to fight Asgore but totally lost?! No, Undyne! You can DO this! Shut up! Stop worrying! she told herself. You can do this! There was a small knock on the door and she put the water bottle and newspaper down to open the door. She shaking put her hand on the door and opened it.

Alphys jumped slightly as the door opened, shaking her glittery red dress. She didn't think she looked very good in it, but everyone else seemed to think it looked cute, so she wore it anyway.

"H-h-hhi, Undyne," she said. She tried to say something else, but she couldn't get the words to come out.

You look beautiful, you're so strong, you're so brave, I love you so much. But she couldn't bring herself to say any of it. After a few moments of awkward silence, she just said, "Can I come in?"

Really, Alphys? "Can I come in?" She invited you! Get it together, she wanted you to come and everything will go fine!

Undyne

Undyne blushed. Alphys looked so cute in her dress it made Undyne feel ugly. She straightened her black jacket and wiped nonexistent dirt off her jeans before she realized she was supposed to invite Alphys in.
Ugh, I'm a moron! she thought, gritting her teeth. "Of course! Come in, come in!" She held her arm open and stepped aside. WAIT! NO! I forgot to clean! she screamed inside her head. "Make yourself at home!" She grinned and closed the door behind Alphys.

Alphys

Alphys looked around. The place was a mess. One of Papyrus' gift-wrapped bones was lying on the counter, as well as a pot that seemed to be full of ashes. The ever-present shards of glass were on the ground next to a new-looking window; she must have a warehouse full of them. The sword Alphys had made for her was sitting askew on the ground near the table, which was covered in various drinks.

It felt just like home.

"Y-you look great, Undyne!" she finally gathered the courage to say. "H-h-how are y-you?" She blushed, knowing Undyne could tell how nervous she was. Undyne seemed to be blushing too, though, so that was some comfort. Or was that makeup? She couldn't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Undyne

You look great??? OMG! "Thanks, you look greater! I mean, better! I mean, nice! You look nice!" Undyne grinned. It wasn't like her to get so nervous. She moved some of the drinks and plates on the table into the cupboard and put away the pot of ashes in the closet with her sword. She took the wrapped bone and put it in a drawer with five thousand other wrapped bones. "Sit down! Would you like any tea or anything?" she asked. Then, she realized she didn't answer Alphys's second question. "Oh, I'm great!"

Alphys

Undyne wasn't acting as confident as usual. Alphys realized she was nervous too, and that gave her some comfort, although there was no way Undyne was as nervous as her. "Tea s-sounds great, th-thanks!" she said, sitting down at the table. She tried to think of something to say, but nothing came to mind immediately, so she just looked around the house, her eyes resting on the closet where the sword she had made was. Eventually she came up with "So h-how h-have lessons with P-p-papyrus been?"

Undyne

Undyne took out some tea bags and put them in two cups. She would've asked Alphys what kind she liked, but Undyne only had one kind. She gave one cup to Alphys and took one for herself, sitting down at the table. "Careful, it's hot!" She smiled and winked at Alphys, saying,
Just like you! in her head. "Lessons with Papyrus have been great! He's so..." Undyne's voice trailed off. How to describe Papyrus...innocent? Kind? Cute? "He's so...good." Good?! You idiot! You can't just say someone is "good" that's not even grammatically correct! Wait...is it grammatically correct? "He's like a little brother to me." she mumbled. Then, her voice grew louder. "So, been working on anything cool?"

Alphys

Alphys took the hint. She blushed with the power of the sun, and it took all her self-control not to curl up into a ball on the floor. Instead she just stared at her tea, barely even registering the rest of what Undyne said.

Been working on anything cool? The words finally reverberated in her head, and she belatedly tried to think of something she had been working on.

"Um, y-yeah, I've actually been w-w-working on a b-body for M-Mettaton," she said. "I j-just finished installing it, and we'll start t-testing it soon!" Talking about her work made her more comfortable. "It works using segmented tubes f-for the arms and legs, and the eyes are more human because of the pattern of photoreceptors that pick up different RGB values, and there are some IR sensors to pick up depth, I'm really proud of the eyes, and..."

Suddenly she realized Undyne had no idea what she was talking about. She blushed and went back to just staring at her tea. But she noticed that as her confidence grew, something else was growing, and making self-control harder and harder...

Last edited by a moderator:

Undyne

Undyne enjoyed listening to what Alphys was saying, even if she didn't understand one word of it. She knew she wasn't as smart as Alphys but she thought maybe if she just listened a lot and kept her mouth shut, she might get a little bit smarter. "That's really cool!" she told her friend, leaning forward slightly. Alphys seemed uncomfortable and Undyne hoped that wasn't because of her.

Alphys

After finding out Undyne was actually interested in her work, Alphys found herself unable to stop talking about it. She talked for a long time about the design of Mettaton's new body while Undyne listened and nodded her head. It was one of the few things she could talk at length about, and she had never really realized how much better she felt talking about it to someone as amazingly beautiful and strong and brave and overall amazing as Un...

She faltered in her speech. Once again she felt that same thing growing inside her, and this time she realized it was uncontrollable love for Undyne. It grew stronger and stronger, and became harder and harder to contain...

She had completely stopped talking now. Undyne must think she was awkward.

Undyne

Oh god...she stopped talking. Undyne smiled and chuckled sheepishly. "Hey, what's up?" What'd I do?? Was I picking my nose again? "I really liked listening to you talk about Mettaton. It seems like you're really passionate about his body." Oh god, that came out so wrong! She swallowed and smiled. "Want to go do a thing? Or something?" Idiot! Do a thing?! What does that even mean?! She sighed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back