Other Underrated Artists?

Clarke

Carefully Calculated
<p>

The classics and popular stuff is good, sure. But sometimes the spotlight just needs to be on other artists. Post the artists you feel should get more spotlight along with their best song. In terms of rock, I don't think Thrice gets enough recognition. They're the most versatile rock based group I know, and it's awesome. Here's the first single off of their latest album: [media]

[/media]
</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, rap wise, Hopsin needs more attention. His lyrics have the potential to easily beat bigger rap artists.

Link to one of his best songs: [media]

[/media]

Woah, that dude is insane! Yeah, he defenitely deserves more attention. Got any more rap/hip-hop recommendations? I'm trying to get more into the genre but I'm having a hard time finding artists I like beyond the superstars.

I'm glad you liked Hopsin, he is a genius. I've got another artist for you. Word of warning, this song of his is a little dark and creepy. You've been warned.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarke said:
Woah, that dude is insane! Yeah, he defenitely deserves more attention. Got any more rap/hip-hop recommendations? I'm trying to get more into the genre but I'm having a hard time finding artists I like beyond the superstars.
Need more Hip-Hop? I'm your go to guy!

The Palmer Squares (Chicago, Illinois) About as underground as you get, everything is DIY:

Not their best song, but their most recent, still amazing good considering they started out filming themselves in their apartment living room:

[media]

[/media]
An amazing showcase of their lyrical talents:

[media]

[/media]
They got their start doing what's known as "One Takes" where they recorded themselves doing long complicated verses live, with no cutting or editing. If you fuck up you have to start all over again. Very underrated how difficult that can be:

[media]

[/media]
Probably the greatest multi-syllabic rhymers I've ever came across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back