• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights (New Pitch)

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
So Under The Lights is a roleplay focusing on a college built as a sports Juggernaut. This is in most sports, and NOT just the major ones. The obscure ones included. This is largely in part because of the boosters dumping millions of dollars into the athletic department, but that can't be it all, right? This roleplay plays a big emphasis in what happens off the field, and how it affects the athletes, other students, faculty, and the community. It's not all fun and games being a student athlete. 

This is NOT a typical 'school' roleplay, and it will have a flowing story arc and everything, not just a bunch of random things happening. The first arc, as set up by what you'll find below, deals with alcohol abuse, and how it affects the athletes. If you're interested in this premise, Characters are already being put up. 

I DO NOT LIKE PERSONALITIES IN THE CS, PLEASE KEEP THEM OUT OF THE CS. 

** Disclaimer, my writing is best in screenplays/video games, doesn't often translate well to writing things like this.

"It's fourth and 8 for the Wolves on the Georgia 45, as Austin approaches the line. The young redshirt sophomore transfer from TCU is looking at an improbable situation here late in the fourth quarter. The hometown crowd is relatively quiet, waiting to see what the young quarterback will do."

Ok, this is it Kenny, everyone is counting on you. You can do this, no pressure, have faith in God.

"He reaches under center, points and calls out the defense, before making adjustments. He reaches under center and the ball is snapped. He drops back in the pocket. Goes through his progressions, no one is open, but the pocket is holding. Finally some pressure, forcing Austin out right, he's still searching downfield. Decides to run with it on fourth and medium. He's stiff arms one defender, he has the first DOWN! He's not done, a litlle razzle dazzle before he sprints towards the end zone. HE DIVES, HE SCORE. OH MY GOD, he scored. The wolves are up by preceding the extra point, with two seconds left in the game! Johnson adds the extra point and your Rome Wolves are up by 3!."

You did it! You made the impossible happen. Thank the holy father in heaven. 

"They kick it out of bounds on the kickoff, and Georgia has one last play to try to win the game. Williams steps back, heaves up a long ball and the wolves knock it down! That's the game folks, the University of Georgia Bulldogs 32, YOUR ROME UNIVERSITY WOLVES, 35! What a game for the Redshirt Sophomore Kenny Austin!"

"Hey where's Kenny? He has to be around for the post-game interview...."

"I'm not sure, I saw him throwing up near the bench earlier......the pressure must have gotten to him."

"Yeah, maybe, at least he got us the win....."

Rome University, a school where sports rule. They can make and break a person. Football players, track athletes, fencers, swimmers, all come to Rome University to build a legend. The next Heisman Winner, the next Michael Phelps, the next Gabby Douglass. They are all here. The boosters pour millions into the athletic department, they have to see results, and at any cost! So what does that mean for the players?

"Kenny, are you ok? You don't look so well, man we don't have to be here we can go home..."

I'm fine....I think...Who is driving? We're all drunk anyways....

"Alex, man he's fine......let's go..."

Ok. This feels like a bad idea.

How do the players handle the pressure and expectations set on them? How do they cope? What do they do when they're failing, and not up to par? Do they even have time for a normal life? 

Sometimes we forget these athletes, are just everyday people when they step...

Under The Lights

football-soccer-player-posing-under-lights-video-id469332889

I'm very interested in this. I made a Roleplay a while back based around Friday Night Lights (A football show) and I've always been wanting to bring back that old QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back