• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights - Characters

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness

Under The Lights

no slide

It's a lifestyle. It's every day crafting your art so that it is perfection. It's no corners cut, measuring twice and cutting once. It's blood, sweat, tears. It's preparing for when you step, under the lights.

Labissiere Academy is a private school with infinite resources started by billionaire french businessman Adrian Labissiere in 2010. It was started when his eldest daughter was making it known that her plans were to go to college in America, and he wanted to send her younger sibling there to be close. He found that the education system, in even the private schools, to be lacking. So he did what billionaires do. He built a state of the art school.

Over the years the school developed into a powerhouse, but not in the way that the businessman predicted. No. It had become the premiere high school in the nation for athletic and performing arts. Each one of their sports programs had won a (or multiple) state championship in the last few years. From football to track and field. You could see alumni from their performing arts programs in movies, on the radio, and everywhere else in the industry. With state of the art facilities, on campus dorms included in tuition, and top teachers the school was a breeding ground for success. For those who could not afford the steep tuition bill, there were scholarship programs and work-studies to pay it off.

The school would sound like heaven to anyone looking to make it, but it's not easy. The school's core curriculum was rigorous, practices felt ten times harder, and success was expected. There was no failure allowed at the school. Anxiety and depression ran rampant amongst the students, despite the on-site counseling and therapy available 24/7. The pressure was always on, especially when you stepped under the lights.

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Talentless can have a talent, like painting, but keep it secret to avoid pressure. There can be someone who is here for Academics etc.)

Talentless, but Popular
They aren't good at anything. Not academics, not sports, not any of the arts. They only were able to get into this school via connections, but everyone loves them.

The Baddie
They grew up usually being referred to as the baddest girl in the area. A cheerleader (sophomore +) who never had to work for anything, with an attitude to match.

Junior Olympic Star
Being one of the youngest gold medalists ever is nice. That nagging shoulder injury that is causing you to sit out the year, is not.

Band Geek/Music Geek
Music is your life, but is it what defines you?

Smiling Mask
That knee has been healing forever, you're going to miss yet another season. Are you smiling to mask that you're afraid your career is over? (can't be a senior)

full

Hi. I'm Aku. I don't know what else to say besides please diversify your character face claims?

The roleplay will be divided up into episodes. What is an episode in regards to roleplaying you may ask. Well, an episode is generally the amount of time that it should take to finish a mini-plot. For instance, if there is an event..let's say a dance, then the preceding events of the day or the day before (like planning and prepping) and the dance should be done by the end of the episode. Each sub-plot point will require an episode. The other idea of an episode is to have a time period that it should last to keep the roleplay from dying. I'm thinking 2 weeks actual time is a good place but will adjust it based on the flow of the group. If I find the group can get through like two rounds of posts a week, I might make an episode a month, but if the group gets like 6 round of posts, I might just let it go until the episode naturally concludes (and push it along the way.) What I hope to avoid is slow plot progression, where people lose interest as a whole. This episode idea will adapt to the group, but this is the basis of it.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. If not? Join us.

Hey! Going to keep this simple. You are free to design your CS as you see fit and as free to include as much info as you want, but MUST include the following.
Name
Sport/Extra Curricular (Band, cheerleading, football, theatre)
Year(freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)
Persona (not personality, describe what someone else would see from your character)
Role(Don't see a role premise that interests you? PM me and we will figure out one that works for you)
History (No minimum, but if you're being detailed it should fill out itself)
Written Appearance (describe your character in words)
Scars/Tattoos/Mods (piercings)

Last edited:
Each of the Written Paragraphs are to the left (background, persona, appearance) and the lists are to the right.
ALL IMAGES ARE CLICKABLE AND TOGGLES CONTENT

71397c87ccad9cf9fc008584fc251183.png

19225579_310354092751100_8617700784159611210_n.jpg
14231150_130596894060155_5369170143363758910_o.jpg
Background
"Aloha. Au makemake e ia i ka pono. No kekahi e komo i loko o koʻu alanui."
Kinipela Kimberly Palakiko, the second of three children born to the lovely union of Captain Kimberly Alexandra Masoli-Palakiko and Jeremiah Konani Masoli-Palakiko. Her mother was a US Navy Fighter Pilot who ended up stationed in Hawaii before falling in love with one of the natives. When they married they wasted no time on having children.

Having a career in the military meant that Kinni was without her mother most of the time, though she did enjoy the rest of her Hawaiian family and siblings. Her life was relatively mundane for a local growing up on Molokai, living much of rural life. Her Hawaiian family was always resentful of her mother for not being local (though her mother was half black, half filipino), though it as a bit hypocritical since her father was a child out of wedlock of Samoan and Hawaiian descent, even being born in Tonga.

Her mother's absence would take a toll on her father who would degrade into an alcoholic and abandon his kids altogether. When her father went MIA, their mother wasted no time in getting them and taking them with her as she was stationed in Guam.

She got into sports, playing basketball, soccer, and volleyball, but her attention was drawn by cheerleading freshman year of High School. There was no other activity like cheerleading that said 'look at me' for the teenage girl. So despite her basketball coach's urges, she dropped basketball and became a cheerleader. Yet it didn't seem like enough....she always felt like she was missing something...

She found out what she was missing her Sophomore Year in High School when she stumbled onto a fashion show. She loved everything. Modeling, designing clothes, being seen and adored for her fashion. So since that day, she became hip to all of the latest trends. She also started to come up with some crazy ideas of her own, and after getting her hands on a sewing machine...she began to sell her own line.

After her brother left to go play football at Ole Miss, Kinni started to fall into bit of a depression, but after a scout got witness of her at a volleyball game offered her a scholarship to attend Labissiere Academy, with the agreement that she could still cheerlead. She left her sister and mother behind in Guam, moving to Rome, Georgia in the summer where she attended summer school to help her catch up with the other juniors in the fashion design program. That summer was trying because after so much success from her own fashion line, being behind, learning the proper formal techniques and ideals, all while staying in shape became a bit much. She made it through, and she's itching to start her first day at school.

Thoughts
"I'm kind of somewhere in between losing all my shit and keeping it all together. I'd like to say I usually lean towards the latter, but somehow it's hard to tell. I just know that I'm great, and my fashion line is great, and the sooner the people notice the easier life will be. "

Persona
Insecurities run rampant through this teenage bipedal mammal, and they surface often in nasty characteristics. A cheerfully sweet girl by nature and resident clown, many would be surprised to find the nasty name-calling that Kinni could find herself doing. A nasty girl with a 'holier than thou' attitude, that seems to find her way into schemes to get ahead. Though most people see her as the sweetheart, anyone who has gotten too close has been witness to her talons.

She is a hardworking girl, between cheerleading and volleyball (and her fashion line of course), always doing everything she can to be at her best, to be the best. She is persevering and does her best to try hard and be patient with her growth. She is mostly selfless, not hesitating to often give up her lunch to someone who is less fortunate. She has the patience of a saint when it comes to things she's working on, and usually can turn out perfection in relatively short time.

Her jealousy sometimes overshadows her good nature, though she is very adept at hiding her schemes. Manipulating and playing her way through life as a game of chess. Her desire to be the best, her desire to achieve greatness seems to be crazy. She is an odd girl, who often watches anime and eats the weirdest dishes in her free time. She hadn't eaten fast food since she was 5 (though she isn't opposed to fast food type food, just not the commercialized, preservative filled things they sell) and tends to love cooking for people as much as she loves eating.

Appearance
You call her a model and she'll deny it, but deep down she enjoys the attention that her model physique brings her. Long legs have her standing tall above many of those who surround her. Her Dark Oak brown eyes similar to the color of the trees from her mother's home in Georgia, compliment her honey roasted golden caramel skin. Her luscious lips paired with her strong brow and jawline, are a testament to her mother's African roots. Her hair texture varies through her large head of hair, from kinky and curly, to straight and curly, but is predominantly kinky and curly. Her skin is seemingly flawless, blemishes and pimples being almost clear as the cloudless day.

Her appearance isn't perfect, her athletic history has come with its pitfalls including a knee and ankle surgery. that has left a few scars. There are also plenty of scars on her upper left arm, but most of those are covered up by her half sleeve tattoo. She also isn't the most proportionate of people, having thick thighs, small waist, and thick legs but a skinny upper half and small bust size.

Tattoos of all kind cover most of her body, but can't really be seen when she has clothes on. A little of her tattoo on her front can be seen when she wears something that shows off cleavage, or shorts because of leg tattoos that reach below her knees. All of her tattoos mean something and was done the traditional tribal way (tap method) and she is very proud of them.

19598947_316308522155657_8525246536459319521_n.jpg

name
Kinipela Kimberly Masoli-Palakiko
nickname
Kinni, Kimmy, Koa
birthday/zodiac
oct lucky libra
program
fashion design
sport/extra curricular (i.e. band)
volleyball/cheerleading
year
junior
role
The Fashionista
19598558_316308658822310_7684693159470033327_n.jpg

faceclaim
Alexis Elfalan
hair
usually big curly fro but sometimes straight
eyes
Dark Oak Brown
ethnicity
Black/Hawaiian/Samoan
skin-tone
honey roasted caramel
body type
slim/athletic
height
5'10
weight
mods
piercing in each each ear, naval, and chest
style
urban fashionista

20155694_325224187930757_7340839776463169888_n.jpg

"Some days I wish the surf could carry me away....some days I wish I could fly away."

69291516_742013962918442_4421355887029911552_n.jpg

Favorite Anime
My Hero Academia
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball Super
Naruto/Boruto

tattoo
01c0d34e0e10808c82a5b3d295a3084b.jpg

Samoan-Leg-Tattoo-for-women-600x400.jpg

8806b1d867695633cdce2693c0584771.jpg

374a3bc24543ff1a6144b68bcb01153e.jpg

coding; allrightsreserved @crucialstar
note: all pictures are clickable
tumblr_nin5yeqfjo1tqp5fto2_250.gif

WIP

[class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 600px; height: 400px; background-color: #7B9FAB; border: 3px solid #DFDEE6; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 0; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 224px; height: 402px; left: 0px; top: -2px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7d/a9/82/7da9824d25c9c60f1f119f4194a6d932.jpg); background-size: 120%; border-right: 3px solid #DFDEE6; [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; left: 183px; top: 10px; overflow: hidden; width: 400px; height: auto; color: #EC9889; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #240A03; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: right; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 30px; padding-right: 3px; [/class] [class=role] position: absolute; left: 383px; top: 46px; overflow: hidden; width: 200px; height: auto; color: #8D220C; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #45130E; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; padding-right: 3px; [/class] [class=underline] overflow: visible; position: absolute; top: 62.5px; left: 247px; width: 337px; height: 3px; border-radius: 10px; background-color: #DFDEE6; [/class] [class=tab] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 38px; height: 38px; background-color: #8D220C; border: 3px solid #DFDEE6; border-radius: 100px; color: #DFDEE6 font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; font-weight: 700; [/class] [class=body] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 297px; height: 240px; color: #DFDEE6; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 11px; font-size: 10px; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=bodycont] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 290px; height: 256px; left: 270px; top: 119px; background-color: #194A60; box-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #001F2C; border-radius: 10px [/class] [class=sub1] position: absolute; left: 270px; top: 90px; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: auto; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #DFDEE6; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #194A60; [/class] [class=sub2] position: absolute; left: 270px; top: 90px; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: auto; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #DFDEE6; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #194A60; [/class] [class=sub3] position: absolute; left: 270px; top: 90px; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: auto; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #DFDEE6; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #194A60; [/class] [class=sub4] position: absolute; left: 270px; top: 90px; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: auto; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #DFDEE6; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #194A60; [/class] [class=tag] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: auto; height: 10px; display: inline; background-color: #EC9889; border-radius: 50px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #45130E; color: #8D220C; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #8D220C; opacity: 0.8; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: #45130E; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabsContentBasics) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show sub1) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide sub2) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide sub3) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide sub4) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabsContentPersona) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show sub2) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide sub1) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide sub3) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide sub4) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabsContentBackground) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show sub3) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide sub1) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide sub2) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide sub4) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show tabsContentOther) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show sub4) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide sub1) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide sub2) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide sub3) [/script]
[div class=bkgd]
[div class=pic][/div]
[div class=title]where do i belong[/div]
[div class=underline][/div]
[div class=role]the smiling mask[/div]
[div class=line][/div]
[div class=sub1]basics[/div]
[div class=sub2 style="display: none;"]persona[/div]
[div class=sub3 style="display: none;"]background[/div]
[div class=sub4 style="display: none;"]other[/div]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab style="left: 205px; top: 100px;"]1[/div][div class=tab style="left: 205px; top: 154px;"]2[/div][div class=tab style="left: 205px; top: 208px;"]3[/div][div class=tab style="left: 205px; top: 262px;"]4[/div][/div]

[div class=one]1[/div]
[div class=two]2[/div]
[div class=three]3[/div]
[div class=four]4[/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentBasics"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]
[div class=tag]name[/div] Tadita Redmoon

[div class=tag]nickname[/div] Dita, Tad, Dee

[div class=tag]age[/div] 16

[div class=tag]gender[/div] Female

[div class=tag]sexuality[/div] Bisexual

[div class=tag]role[/div] The smiling mask

[div class=tag]occupation[/div] Works after school at a local restaurant

[div class=tag]hair color[/div] Black/dark brown

[div class=tag]eye color[/div] Black

[div class=tag]height[/div] 5' 4"

[div class=tag]weight[/div] 127 lbs.

[div class=tag]body mods[/div] None

[div class=tag]faceclaim[/div] Devery Jacobs

[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentPersona" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]
[div class=tag]vices[/div] Tadita isn't exactly easy to get along with. It's hard for her to open up to people due to past trauma and emotional difficulties stemming from that trauma. It's hard for her to trust others with her well-being as well as in general, having grown up very much so in an environment of 'every man for themselves'. Tadita is her own worst enemy and critic, she picks apart everything that she does, but if anyone else tries to call her out for it, she can get pretty venomous. Physical violence is a common route to release her tension, although it hasn't been an issue lately. She resorts to drug use to cope with her feelings of depersonalization rather than therapy or other routes of expression, but the drugs she uses aren't heavy and are legal in many states. She's easily wounded at the core, and bottles up her emotions until she goes nuclear.

[div class=tag]virtues[/div] Despite her flaws, she has many good things about her. Tadta is loyal- ride or die. Once you're in with her, you're in for life. She roots for the underdog and will do anything and everything to help people in need. She's got a very strong moral compass and knows the difference between right or wrong, and will stand up for whatever injustice she feels may be taking place. She's passionate about what she loves, and she knows that she's good at her hobbies and refines them until they're perfect. Tadita is humble, she doesn't judge anyone by their clothes or where they came from, and she's very open and accepting of everyone and their flaws. Well- almost everyone. Tadita has a hard time fully forgiving, however she is quick to give people second chances. She's as genuine as they come, and if you can get passed her tough exterior, she has a heart of gold and a soul of the purest fire. Tadita has a good sense of humor and doesn't get offended too easily.

[div class=tag]likes[/div] native american culture, latino culture, drums, singing, running, recreational drugs, laughter, nature

[div class=tag]dislikes[/div] any brand of prejudice, large egos and pride, loud noises, over expression of wealth, liars, republicans

[div class=tag]habits[/div] biting lips, tapping her feet, tapping her pencils against hard objects to make beats, playing with her hair

[div class=tag]fears[/div] Tadita is afraid that she's a failure, and that she's going to be a failure for the rest of her life. She wants to achieve her dreams and her goals, and she's banking on that fact because if she doesn't, then everything she has worked hard for her entire life has been for nothing. The trauma that she experienced would have been for nothing, and she would be forced to settle like her father has. That's Tadita's worst nightmare- and it's not an option. She's also afraid of the dark and thunderstorms, and really doesn't like spiders.

[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentBackground" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]
[div class=tag]history[/div] Tadita was born in the little reservation village of Alo, Arizona. Her mother is a Columbian immigrant and her father is a native from the Hopi tribe. Tadita grew up very poor, just like most of the other children in the sleepy desert town. But she was happy, had a full belly, and two parents that loved and adored her. When she was nine, she was one of the eleven casualties in a mass shooting at her elementary school. Her classmate's parents donated their daughter's heart to tadita when their own child was declared braindead.

[div class=tag]family[/div] Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec. Odio ut sem nulla pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit. Tristique senectus et netus et. Nullam non nisi est sit. Dictum non consectetur a erat nam. In metus vulputate eu scelerisque felis. Tristique et egestas quis ipsum suspendisse ultrices gravida. Morbi tincidunt ornare massa eget. Proin sed libero enim sed. Leo vel orci porta non pulvinar neque. Quam lacus suspendisse faucibus interdum posuere lorem.

[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentOther" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]
[div class=tag]theme song[/div] Flicker by Lorde

[div class=tag]favorite food[/div] Conchas or fry bread

[div class=tag]favorite drink[/div] Rose oolong tea

[div class=tag]favorite book[/div] Perma Red by Debra Magpie Earling

[div class=tag]favorite movie[/div] Bambi

[div class=tag]gallery[/div]

1581031580933.png
1581031559096.png

1581031455719.png

1581031428214.png

[/div][/div][/div]
[/div][div class=credit]code by [COLOR=#8D220C]sox[/COLOR][/div]