• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Under The Knife | [OPEN]

Mentallynot

In need of more roleplays :⁠')
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Plot

In the 1950s, a well-known doctor that went by the name James Lancaster was highly known for his work on the human mind and his depth knowledge of how the brain function. However, he was soon let go as a doctor and his license to practice was revoked when he was accused of malpractice. This dropped his reputation as many rumors began to spread while another doctor came into the spotlight to take over his research which was none other than his own brother, John Lancaster.

Despite the accusations and the evidence that were put up against him, The man himself knew this to be false as he wasn't present at the time of malpractice nor was he handed the responsibility for the patient in question. However, a lead had proven a dark secret about the methods that his own brother, John had used to further his research. Rumor has it that a nearby orphanage was owned by the new doctor who performed extensive tests that were considered unorthodox, leaving the children and teenagers in a horrible state after doing brain surgeries that left them with mental disorders.

Deciding to put an end to this torture, The old doctor snuck into the orphanage and confronted his brother only to become a test subject himself for another project. Though in the midst of the procedure, James had managed to get rid of the corrupted doctor. But, in order to keep it all hidden, he decided to take over and posed as his own brother whilst taking care of the children and teenagers in hopes that they would recover their mental state. Life couldn't have been better if it weren't for the fact that James started to exhibit a symptom that would lead to hallucination and sometimes psychosis. He would talk and act around the orphans the same way John did who treated them no less than just guinea pigs for his projects.

How long will James last before he goes insane? Will the orphans be able to get through this with their new godfather or will they plan on getting rid of James as well?

So, here's what I got so far. It's not much but I wanted to make a RP out of it. As you can see it's a really dark roleplay so please be over 16 at least.

I will play as James and I think where I want the RP to start is when a few months passed after James killed John and he was showing odd behaviors that didn't fit his personality. Well, what's funny is James and John are twins so yeah I guess you can say it's confusing but I think there are staff/caretakers but they don't actually know what's going on behind closed doors. All they knew was the pay was good.

As for the roles I think we can add a couple of more people but I'm not sure what kind of other roles there should be so feel free to give your suggestions.

Let me know what you guys think if you have questions do ask.

Last edited:
I love it. However, what roles did you have in mind besides your character Dr. James? Reading this made me think at least some children/teenagers would be notable characters. Maybe a doctor's assistant hopelessly infatuated with him (or John as she might think he is) also losing their mind at the strange occurrences that unfold. Or any sort of staff member.
Sorry if I interpreted your ic wrong, this is just what it made me think of. :]

I love it. However, what roles did you have in mind besides your character Dr. James? Reading this made me think at least some children/teenagers would be notable characters. Maybe a doctor's assistant hopelessly infatuated with him (or John as she might think he is) also losing their mind at the strange occurrences that unfold. Or any sort of staff member.
Sorry if I interpreted your ic wrong, this is just what it made me think of. :]
Well yes, mainly the roles would be the children/teenagers since the plot mainly revolves around them, but I'm not sure about assistant considering that it would risk actually revealing the illegal tests done there. Though I think there is a possibility for outside roles like a journalist trying to follow a lead that was given by someone or maybe another researcher/doctor who wants to know more about the supposed new procedures that could be done to get those particular data. To put it simply, there can be a journalist wanting dirt on John and another researcher wanting to follow in John's footsteps. I feel like I don't want to add too many roles since I'm not sure if a big group will suit this kind of roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back