Under The Albatross

I'd like to build a couple of infamous pirates — one operating out of the north east, while the other mostly roams the southern waters. I intend for even the pirates to have a mix of sins and virtues, so don't expect Captain Hook. (B')

Bone2pick said:
I'd like to build a couple of infamous pirates — one operating out of the north east, while the other mostly roams the southern waters. I intend for even the pirates to have a mix of sins and virtues, so don't expect Captain Hook. (B')
Go ahead! If you need to outline their appearance, I'm available!

H
e took the name of a folk hero, Ntwadumela - "He who greets with fire." It's a bedtime story the Zawadians tell their children: when a brave villager started a crusade and cleansed their homeland of ghosts. To this day the island of Zawadi is believed to be free of the taint of lingering souls. But as well known as the fable of Ntwadumela is, Ntwadumela the pirate, is a living legend.

Nine ships of the Caliphate sleep on the bottom of the southern ocean because of him. The brothers and sisters of Fate won't travel his way now. The guilds of Mosquito Junction have lost four vessels, but they've yet to learn their lesson. And the Zawadian Kingdom always sails in terror, because they suffer his harshest punishment.

He still looks back to his childhood; to the days when his family's faith, Mwana Babu - Mother & Father, was tolerated on the Amber Island. He remembers how frightened his village turned when the new Queen rose to power. He can still feel the flames. He can still taste the tears. Yesterday still beats in a pirate's heart.

A young man turned to a bedtime story for strength, and he found it. He is Ntwadumela, and he greets with fire.

• Ntwadumela - "He who greets with fire"

• Ship - Hellborn

• Territory - Southern Ocean

• Archetype - Political Revolutionary, Robin Hood, Terrorist

If one were to cash in all the bounties on Captain Glitz's head—each reward paying out for her dead or alive capture—then they would collect a dozen fifty ounce gold bouillons from the Imperial Treasury, a custom built ninety ton carrack ship by the guilds of Mosquito Junction, eighty acres of land from Baroness Everette, two slaves per year for life from the Earl of Bracknell, and a Knighthood from the Emperor himself. Dominique Glitz holds the record for the largest bounty sum ever issued, yet she still contends she's underpriced.

She fell in love just before her sixth birthday. That's when the disobedient child finally appeased her troubadour parents by taking up music. To this day Glitz's flagship, the Bitter Blossom, continues to incorporate her passion for song and dance. Pirates in the Blossom's crow's nest ceaselessly drum their bongos, riggers whistle as they tie down and unfurl their sails, and next to the bed in the Captain's quarters is an ornate harpsichord. And many nights on the high seas are accompanied by Glitz's atmospheric melodies.

She was groomed to be a minstrel, but experimented with the theatre before finally falling for the never ending drama of life as an outlaw. Each day is an opportunity to perform, and what better role to play than a pirate captain. Immortality is obtainable with enough infamy, and Dominique Glitz is willing to do whatever it takes to reach it.

• Dominique Glitz - AKA, Captain Glitz

• Ship: Bitter Blossom

• Territory: North East & Eastern Ocean

• Archetype: Bard, Bohemian, Poet

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna have to announce my departure for the next two weeks. I hope that the other fellows will take my positions. If not, then I'll hope we don't lose interest. Cheers and good luck building the world while I'm gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back